Global Cloud Advertising Market By Component (Platform (Without Services) and Services), By Application (Customer Management, Campaign Management, Experience Management, Analytics & Insights and Real-Time Engagement), By Deployment Type (Public Cloud and Private Cloud), By Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises), By End User (Retail & Consumer Goods, BFSI, Media & Entertainment, Education, Travel & Hospitality, Telecom, and Others), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Cloud Advertising Market
Market Report Description
The Global Cloud Advertising Market size is expected to reach $7.2 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 18.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Cloud advertising solutions lay down the foundation for virtual advertising platforms on online and social media platforms for the effective advertisement of brands & services. In the last few years, there is an increase in demand for dynamic optimization of advertisements as well as virtual campaign management process, which is contributing to the high deployment of various cloud advertising solutions among various industries like business service providers, media & entertainment, retail, and others.
Moreover, cloud advertising services help companies at several phases of an advertisement, be it selecting an ad to fix the price whenever the ad is about to reach the end-users. Further, cloud advertising also assists companies to advertise their products in different regions at different levels of online advertising. The cloud advertisement offers a wide range of tools and services related to various segments like business-to-consumer and business-to-business. The cloud advertising market delivers numerous integrated solutions and services that help companies to carry out digital advertising to spread awareness among the people of their products and persuade them to buy one. The growing awareness and increasing adoption of cloud solutions among internet users would surge the growth of the cloud advertising market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has created numerous problems in the business domain. Due to the imposition of various government regulations to curb the spread of the virus, companies are forced to adapt and alter their rules and policies. The unavailability of workforce, partial or complete lockdown in various nations, ban of travel activities within or across borders are some of the difficulties faced by the companies’ management. All these inconveniences motivated enterprises to adopt advanced solutions and technologies to sustain in the competitive market and thus, the demand for various cloud-based solutions like cloud advertising has increased in the pandemic.
Several companies were running campaigns to spread awareness about the pandemic situation as a part of their social responsibilities. In addition, advertising is one of the main methods, through which companies maintain strived to maintain their brand image, thereby accelerating the adoption rate of advertising solutions.
Market Growth Factors:
Targeted marketing and consumer analytics are in high demand
With the development of various latest marketing strategies and models, companies are highly adopting these advanced tools to improve brand loyalty and reach out to more customers across the globe. Marketers are targeting the potential customers sitting at their homes through cloud advertising. Traditional advertising methods have some restrictions but as the technologies are becoming more sophisticated and facilitate the way of advertisers to reach their audience. As a result, companies require some targeted marketing and consumer analytics for the same. This would augment the growth of the cloud advertising market in the coming years.
The increasing influence of internet users and the high usage of digital media
The rising number of smartphone users, high internet penetration, and growing usage of digital media would expand the number of online users across the globe, which is estimated to open new growth avenues for the cloud advertising market over the forecast period. As everything is getting digitalized and smartphones users have the access to high-speed internet, the consumption of digital content has also increased which would create more lucrative opportunities for the key market players.
Market Restraining Factor:
Strict cloud policies and increasing data security concerns
The increasing demand for digital advertising is contributing to the demand for cloud advertising whereas this increased demand would expand the data collection from users through numerous sources. Further, there are several policies and regulations framed by the regulatory bodies to facilitate the high level of security in cloud advertising. Though, such regulations and norms are serving as important safety measures that are rigid in nature, which may impede the growth of the cloud advertising market.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Platform (Without Services) and Services. The Platform (Without Services) market dominated the Global Cloud Advertising Market by Component 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027. The Services market is expected to witness a CAGR of 21% during (2021 - 2027).
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Customer Management, Campaign Management, Experience Management, Analytics & Insights and Real-Time Engagement. The Customer Management market dominated the Global Cloud Advertising Market by Application 2020. The Campaign Management market is showcasing a significant growth during the forecast period. a CAGR of 17.7% during (2021 - 2027). Additionally, The Experience Management market would exhibit promising growth during the forecast period.
Deployment Type Outlook
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into Public Cloud and Private Cloud. The Public Cloud market dominated the Global Cloud Advertising Market by Deployment Type 2020, growing at a CAGR of 17.9 % during the forecast period. The Private Cloud market would showcase highest growth during (2021 - 2027).
Enterprise Size Outlook
Based on Enterprise Size, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises. As compared to SMEs, large enterprises are generally publicly traded enterprises, and thus, are willing to invest in cloud-based data warehouse solutions owing to the huge volume of structured and unstructured data generated by the enterprises. Moreover, large enterprises are the key adopters of the private cloud because of the high importance of the collected data that is perceptible to enterprises.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Retail & Consumer Goods, BFSI, Media & Entertainment, Education, Travel & Hospitality, Telecom, and Others. Cloud advertising is a crucial part of the retail and eCommerce industry that assists marketers in improving their business’ operational efficiency. Companies operating in this industry have a huge volume of customer data, which helps in providing tailored experiences to their customers. Cloud advertising enables marketers to develop influencing content and improve their customer engagement. It would further help consumer goods providers to enhance their brand loyalty and compel customers to buy their products.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 2.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 7.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 18.6% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||361|
|Number of Tables||563|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Application, Deployment Type, Enterprise Size, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific region is projected to exhibit the highest growth rate over the forecast period. This is attributed to the growing demand for cloud advertising across enterprises and increasing technological advancements across various industries. In addition, the rising penetration of advanced technologies and application development across sectors are estimated to bolster the growth of the regional cloud advertising market. The rising adoption of cloud computing solutions among various companies along with the high competition is anticipated to spur the growth of the regional cloud advertising market.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Cloud Advertising Market size to reach USD 7.2 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Cloud Advertising Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Google, Inc. is the major forerunners in the Cloud Advertising Market. Companies such as Experian PLC, Acquia, Inc., Demandbase, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include IBM Corporation, SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, Google LLC, Salesforce.com, Inc., Adobe, Inc., Experian PLC, Acquia, Inc., Demandbase, Inc., and Imagine Communications, Inc. (Harris Broadcast).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Cloud Advertising Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Aug-2021: Google Cloud partnered with Workday, an American on demand financial management, and human capital management software vendor. Together, the companies would plan to develop strategic, joint, go-to-market programs, which would involve co-marketing activities and setting up co-selling programs to grow awareness among customers and prospects across the U.S.
- Aug-2021: Oracle teamed up with The Global Disinformation Index (GDI). This collaboration aimed to assist marketers to protect ad spend and protect brands from inadvertently supporting disinformation sites.
- Jul-2021: Experian came into a partnership with the publisher of The Independent and Evening Standard. Under this partnership, the publisher would utilize Experian Match, a first-to-market privacy-centric solution that eliminates the requirement for registration data or third-party cookies to empower targeted digital advertising.
- Jul-2021: Oracle came into a collaboration with Dish Media, a provider of intelligent solutions to advertisers. This collaboration aimed to make it easier for marketers to reach and engage with their potential target audiences on TV. In addition, Oracle would expand Oracle Audiences segments to involve approx. 110 new CTV-specific segments, which would assist marketers to reach viewers based on over-the-top (OTT) streaming viewership and CTV device ownership.
- Jul-2021: Salesforce partnered with Proof Analytics, a powerful marketing analytics platform. Together, the companies launched Proof Business GPS for RevOps, a full-scale revenue optimization analytics platform. This platform helps revenue operations teams to swiftly develop, test, and alter several different analytical models to evaluate the interaction of their campaigns and revenue results, all in the consistently developing context of marketplace conditions, competitor actions, and their own modifying brand and reputational power.
- Jun-2021: Oracle Moat Measurement formed a partnership with RTB House, provider of marketing technologies for brands and agencies. Through this partnership, advertisers can leverage advanced attention metrics to look at the way consumers get involved in advertising over different channels and devices, which makes it more effective.
- Jun-2021: Oracle Audiences entered into a partnership with Amazon DSP, a demand-side platform. This partnership aimed to offer advertisers more actionable insights about consumer behavior on and off Amazon. In addition, this partnership would enable customers advertising on Amazon DSP to expand reach & relevancy and protect brand equity.
- Apr-2021: Experian formed a partnership with Ampersand, a middle-market private equity firm. This partnership aimed to transform TV ad buys and converge them into a single platform, providing baseline audiences that could be utilized across screens.
- Apr-2021: Experian extended its partnership with InfoSum, the leading platform for customer data collaboration. This partnership aimed to assist marketers in gaining a comprehensive view of their consumers. Through this partnership, marketers can access Experian customer data on US consumers via InfoSum, and by using InfoSum’s technology, improve their customer data with Experian insights to develop a better understanding of their audiences and provide appropriate messages across channels, in a privacy-compliant manner.
- Apr-2021: Google came into a partnership with Univision, the leading Spanish-language content and media company in the US. Under this partnership, Univision would also collaborate with other Google product areas like Android TV OS, Android, YouTube, Google Ad Manager, Google Play, and Google Search to expand its capabilities and enhance the overall user experience.
- Apr-2021: IBM joined hands with Parle Products, the largest selling biscuit brand in India. In this collaboration, Parle would leverage IBM’s hybrid cloud, security, and AI capabilities, coupled with IBM's business consulting & technology services. This would help Parle to get its products like Parle-G to market at the right time and in the right place.
- Mar-2021: Google Cloud teamed up with ErosSTX-owned OTT platform, Eros Now. This collaboration aimed to utilize its AI technology for streaming the whole variety of Eros Now movies and originals with automated subtitles.
- Feb-2021: Imagine Communications signed an agreement with Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky, offering an exciting array of opportunities on TV, online, and on the go. This agreement aimed to transform how multiplatform media advertising is bought and sold.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Sep-2021: Acquia entered into an agreement to acquire Widen, a cloud-native maker of digital asset management (DAM) and product information management (PIM) software. Through this acquisition, Widen would enable marketers and website builders to make richer and more unique user experiences utilizing Acquia Open Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
- May-2021: Demandbase acquired InsideView and DemandMatrix. Through these acquisitions, the company would expand its Demandbase One B2B Go-To-Market Suite.
- Dec-2020: Adobe acquired Workfront, a Lehi, Utah-based Software Company. This acquisition aimed to provide Adobe with more online marketing tooling, which would boost the efficiency and productivity of marketing teams that organize complicated projects inside the marketing department or elsewhere in the company.
- Nov-2020: Experian took over Tapad, a leading provider in digital identity resolution for marketers. This acquisition aimed to improve Experian’s digital portfolio for agencies, advertisers, and publishers and especially for Advanced Television, which would position Experian to take benefit of expansion in the market for digital-data advertising.
- Nov-2020: SAP SE took over Emarsys, a leading Omni channel customer engagement platform provider. Following this acquisition, Emarsys would expand the SAP Customer Experience portfolio.
- Jun-2020: Demandbase took over Engagio, the leading B2B account-based engagement platform. This acquisition aimed to strengthen Demandbase’s leading position in the ABM space and make it a leading B2B marketing platform company.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2021: Oracle launched a new system called the Oracle Fusion Marketing System. This system enables marketers and sellers to rapidly create highly qualified sales opportunities and close more deals.
- Sep-2021: Salesforce launched the latest AI-powered innovations to its Marketing Cloud. These innovations assist enterprises to humanize every interaction; make trusted, first-party data the foundation of their digital strategy; and maximize marketing impact with unified analytics.
- Jul-2021: Acquia introduced key updates to the Acquia Open Digital Experience Platform (DXP). This new version involves a new China hosting service and a newly integrated user interface for Marketing Cloud, support for employee experience, among other advancements. These updates would offer a streamlined, more intuitive way for marketers to know their business, build customized experiences for users, and scale operational efficiencies and smarter workflows within the company.
- Jul-2021: Salesforce unveiled Advertising Sales Management for Media Cloud, a new industry-specific application for managing cross-channel advertising sales. Through this product, publishers can optimize advertising revenue by bringing together media planning over different channels and evaluating campaign performance from various first- and third-party sources.
- Jun-2021: Salesforce introduced the latest innovations across Digital 360. These innovations enable enterprises to go digital faster and provide the next generation of marketing, commerce, and digital experiences.
- May-2021: Oracle launched the world’s first ad measurement technology for 3D in-game environments. The technology would help advertisers to evaluate the performance of their advertising within video games. Additionally, Oracle's latest technology would enable advertisers to evaluate whether an ad campaign was effective in outreaching its targeted audience.
- Apr-2021: IBM expanded its IBM Watson Advertising Accelerator for OTT and video, which is developed to assist marketers to move beyond contextual relevance alone. Accelerator aimed to leverage AI to dynamically maximize OTT ad creative for enhanced campaign results at scale, not dependent on traditional advertising identifiers.
- Nov-2020: Demandbase unveiled Demandbase One, the only ABM solution. This solution would help B2B revenue teams to identify and prioritize target accounts, engage them over different channels, and close the deals that matter most.
- Sep-2020: IBM unveiled Watson Advertising Weather Targeting, a new suite of triggers. This suite is developed for marketers to assist them in making the connection between weather and product sales actionable at scale without the usage of third-party cookies or identifiers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Platform (Without Services)
- Customer Management
- Campaign Management
- Experience Management
- Analytics & Insights
- Real-Time Engagement
By Deployment Type
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
By End User
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Media & Entertainment
- Travel & Hospitality
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- IBM Corporation
- SAP SE
- Oracle Corporation
- Google LLC
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- Adobe, Inc.
- Experian PLC
- Acquia, Inc.
- Demandbase, Inc.
- Imagine Communications, Inc. (Harris Broadcast)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the cloud advertising market be in the future?
The global cloud advertising market size is expected to reach $7.2 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the cloud advertising market?
Targeted marketing and consumer analytics are in high demand are driving the market in coming years, however, strict cloud policies and increasing data security concerns have limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
IBM Corporation, SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, Google LLC, Salesforce.com, Inc., Adobe, Inc., Experian PLC, Acquia, Inc., Demandbase, Inc., and Imagine Communications, Inc. (Harris Broadcast).
Has COVID-19 impacted the cloud advertising market?
Yes, Advertising is one of the main methods, through which companies maintain strived to maintain their brand image, thereby accelerating the adoption rate of advertising solutions.
Which segment shows high market share?
The retail & consumer goods segment is anticipated to garner the highest market share over the forecast period.
Which segment shows high market share?
The North America is estimated to procure the highest market size in the cloud advertising market during the forecast period.