Global Laser Marking Machine Market By Type (Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser, Green Laser, UV Laser and Others), By Application (Machine Tool, Electronics & Microelectronics, Medical, Automotive, Aerospace, Packaging, Military and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Laser Marking Machine Market
Market Report Description
The Global Laser Marking Machine Market size is expected to reach $4.7 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 7.6% CAGR during the forecast period. A laser marking machine refers to mechanical equipment utilized for printing permanent laser marks on a surface. This machine utilizes a beam of concentrated light to make marks by a green, fiber, ultraviolet (UV), YAG, or CO2 laser machine.
The beam aims at a particular area that helps the laser marking machine to engrave high-quality, accurate, and high-contrast marks. Generally, these markings involve machine-readable data for barcodes, text for serial numbers, matrix codes & graphics, and unique identification codes. This engraving is done on numerous surfaces like ceramic, titanium, steel, plastic, aluminum, wood, glass, copper, and paper.
In addition, these laser marking machines provide faster, permanent, and precise marking or engraving. Due to outstanding beam quality, high efficiency, and superior reliability, these laser marking machines are utilized in numerous industrial applications. Additionally, these machines are majorly utilized in the electronics & semiconductor sector for the laser marking of silicon wafers, and PCBs to enable traceability. Laser marking refers to a permanent procedure, which utilizes a beam of concentrated light to engrave a lasting mark on a surface. Furthermore, laser marking includes a broad range of applications which is performed with a continuous wave, fiber, pulsed, green, or UV laser machine.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the global COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all industries in some ways. Due to the pandemic, the medical sector has registered a hike in the demand for laser marking machines and services. The sudden upsurge in the demand for various medical products and devices like masks and other medical equipment has bolstered the demand for laser marking machines across the world. Several medical devices, which are utilized for the treatment of COVID-19 patients, have witnessed a spurt in demand due to the pandemic.
Due to this, numerous medical devices manufacturers and companies have adopted laser marking machines to engrave their brand name and other certifications on their products. In addition, the high demand for COVID-19 testing kits with polypropylene tubes for sample collection that is marked by using UV laser for mentioning different certifications would accelerate the growth of the laser marking machines market. These engravings on COVID-19 kits are important for identifying patients and thus, require marking of the specific information on them.
Market Growth Factors:
The increasing importance of traceability of various products
A laser marking machine helps in engraving any kind of important and associated information on a wide variety of products regardless of their material. These machines mark permanent and precise information like barcode, brand name, manufacturing date, and others. In addition, marking machines are highly used in the electronics & semiconductor sector for the laser marking of silicon wafers, and PCBs to help in traceability.
Faster engraving with more precision
The laser engraving technique is quicker and can help in saving time. With traditional engraving methods, manufacturers used a specific range of tools and need to be very careful while using them, which was very time-consuming. On contrary, laser engraving just needs a command, and it would do the commanded job without any problem or wasting any time. It further helps in accelerating the company’s processes and also saves money.
Market Restraining Factor:
High cost of deployment
Many manufacturers across various industrial verticals are adopting laser marking machines to engrave different types of information on their products. By using laser marking machines, manufacturers can reduce their cost of production in the long run. However, the initial cost of implementation of a laser marking machine is high, which would restrict several small and medium-sized enterprises from adopting it.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser, Green Laser, UV Laser and Others. The UV laser and YAG laser type segments are projected to garner a promising CAGR during the forecast period owing to their capability of fine cutting and micro-processing of specialized materials like textile, ceramic liquid crystal screen, glass, and others. The beam utilized in the UV laser markings comes in contact with the materials’ surface to change its appearance and properties.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Machine Tool, Electronics & Microelectronics, Medical, Automotive, Aerospace, Packaging, Military and Others. The machine tool application segment acquired the highest revenue share in 2020. The increasing applications of lasers to deliver permanent alphanumeric information on machine tools like 1D & 2D bar codes, batch numbers, designs, brand names, dates of manufacturing, manufacturer codes, and logos, which would bolster the growth of the segment. The manufacturing industry is improving its operations with concepts like smart factories and factory automation to boost its production capacity via batch production.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 2.7 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 4.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.6% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||209|
|Number of Tables||333|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Europe was a prominent region in the laser marking machine marking in 2020 due to the strong presence of automotive and automotive part manufacturers in the nations like Italy, Germany, and France. Additionally, the significant growth of the aerospace and shipping sectors is anticipated to bolster the growth of the regional market. The government of the U.K has invested a significant amount in the Future Flight Challenge to encourage improvements in aerospace technology.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Laser Marking Machine Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Laser Marking Machine Market size to reach USD 4.7 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Videojet Technologies, Inc. is the major forerunners in the Laser Marking Machine Market. Companies such as LaserStar Technologies Corporation, Epilog Laser, and MECCO are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Han's Laser Technology Industry Group Co., Ltd., Telesis Technologies, Inc., Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Trotec Laser GmbH (Trodat), Epilog Laser, 600 Group PLC (TKMA Electrox, Inc.), MECCO, LaserStar Technologies Corporation and Gravotech Marking.
Strategies Deployed in Laser Marking Machine Market
- Jun-2021: Epilog Laser launched the new Fusion Edge 36. This launch adds up to the Fusion Edge Laser Series, which features a 36” x 24” engraving area and is available in 60, 50, and 80-watt configurations.
- Jun-2021: Epilog Laser introduced Pro 24 and Pro 36 to the Fusion Pro Laser Series. This Fusion Pro 24 features a 24” x 24” engraving table and has a fiber laser source, a CO2 laser source, or a dual CO2 and fiber laser configuration.
- May-2021: Epilog Laser expanded its business by establishing a new distribution facility in Golden, Colorado. This facility Epilog has attached with the Coors Technology Center, which is home to the company’s headquarters, technical support offices, and sales & marketing.
- Mar-2021: Videojet Technologies launched the new lightfoot canning solution. This solution integrates the standard reliability of a Videojet fiber laser along with the speed of dual Lightfoot marking heads to fulfill the expanding production requirements of beverage canning manufacturers.
- Feb-2021: Videojet Technologies unveiled the latest Videojet 1880 continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer. The Videojet 1880 is developed to assist customers proactively protect manufacturing downtime utilizing advanced, digitally-enabled technology to provide brilliant performance.
- Jan-2021: Trotec launched the Q Series Laser Cutting Machine. This machine has a working area up to 1300 x 900 mm and a laser power of up to 120 watts, along with that, the Q Series laser cutter cuts and engraves a broad range of materials like handicraft items, acrylic, and wood, paper, or cardboard for signs, textiles, models or decorative items.
- Nov-2020: Epilog Laser unveiled the latest Fusion Edge to the company’s product line. This machine includes the most popular features of Epilog’s Fusion Pro Series in a small-format system.
- Jul-2020: Mecco released a laser marking machine for heat-sensitive materials like plastics, metals, and glass.
- May-2020: MECCO took over FARO Photonics, designer and manufacturer of high-precision laser scan heads, Ethernet-based vector controllers, and advanced processing software. This acquisition aimed to integrate FARO Photonics’ scanner and software control technologies with MECCO’s application expertise, which would help the company in creating new opportunities for innovation.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Fiber Laser
- CO2 Laser
- Green Laser
- UV Laser
- Machine Tool
- Electronics & Microelectronics
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Han's Laser Technology Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Telesis Technologies, Inc.
- Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- Trotec Laser GmbH (Trodat)
- Epilog Laser
- 600 Group PLC (TKMA Electrox, Inc.)
- LaserStar Technologies Corporation
- Gravotech Marking
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the laser marking machine market be in the future?
The global laser marking machine market size is expected to reach $4.7 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the laser marking machine market?
The growing number of applications of industrial CT scanning are driving the market in coming years, however, Some technological limitations will hamper the market growth.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Han's Laser Technology Industry Group Co., Ltd., Telesis Technologies, Inc., Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Trotec Laser GmbH (Trodat), Epilog Laser, 600 Group PLC (TKMA Electrox, Inc.), MECCO, LaserStar Technologies Corporation and Gravotech Marking.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global laser marking machine market?
Due to the pandemic, the medical sector has registered a hike in the demand for laser marking machines and services. The sudden upsurge in the demand for various medical products and devices like masks and other medical equipment has bolstered the demand for laser marking machines across the world.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the laser marking machine market in 2020?
The fiber laser type segment acquired the maximum revenue share in 2020 and is projected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the laser marking machine market over the forecast period?
The aerospace application segment is estimated to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.