Global Sustainable Athleisure Market By Type (Mass and Premium), By Product (Shirt, Yoga Pant, Leggings, Shorts and others), By Gender (Women and Men), By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Sustainable Athleisure Market
The Global Sustainable Athleisure Market size is expected to reach $126.9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 10.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Athleisure has evolved as the new fashion industry trend that includes, comfort, style, and functionality. This urban fashion movement has achieved huge popularity in the last couple of years. In recent years, consumers are more inclined towards sustainable athleisure as it has become the most comfortable form of clothing. As a result, the demand for sustainable athleisure market has been high since the last couple of years. To manage the high demand, various apparel brands are involved in ethical trade practices and recycling fabrics to offer high-performance activewear for the individual while keeping up the environment safe.
The fitness trends have increasingly been popular, which further boost the demand for sports and athletic wear. Sustainable athleisure also finds its application in the corporate culture; a majority of people prefer to wear comfortable casual wear to workplaces. In the modern era, the working population prefers an ideal mix of elegance and functionality, which is encouraging them to purchase more athleisure outfits. Sustainable athleisure is made of high-quality, reliable materials that make it appropriate for numerous fitness and recreational activities such as yoga, running, cycling, and mountain climbing, etc.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Mass and Premium. The market was dominated by the mass segment and garnered a major global revenue share in 2019. The mass market for athleisure wear is increasing at a gradual rate due to various product launches by local and regional players. Average cost for athleisure wear and the preferences of the young generation toward sustainability will act as the major driver for the segment growth. Consumers are inclined towards clothing that is convenient, comfortable, and fashionable at the same time and athleisure wear completely fulfills these criteria.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Shirt, Yoga Pant, Leggings, Shorts and others. The yoga pant segment is anticipated to increase with the highest CAGR in the forthcoming years. The existence of various domestic and regional players has considerably boosted the segment in the last few years. The rising willingness of women in sports and outdoor activities has expanded, which is likely to push the growth prospects of the segment. Players have been planning to cater to this increasing consumer base, which impacts the segment growth positively.
Based on Gender, the market is segmented into Women and Men. The women segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast years. The arrival of regional and domestic brands entirely committed to women’s sustainable clothing has been boosting this segment. Moreover, supportive steps taken by manufacturers like new product launches, partnerships, and expansions into new markets, along with technological developments in sustainable athleisure wear, have been propelling the growth of the segment.
By Distribution Channel
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. The market was dominated by the offline distribution channel and obtained a significant market share in 2019. Consumers are willing to buy sustainable athleisure wear from offline stores as they provide quality products in a wide range of patterns, sizes, colors, designs, and materials thereby boosting the segment growth. Online distribution channels for the sale of sustainable athleisure are anticipated to observe the highest growth rate during the forecast years. This is credited to the growing reliance of generation X, millennial, and generation Z on the internet.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 74 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 126.9 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.5% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||214|
|Number of Tables||434|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competition Analysis|
|Segments covered||Type, Product, Gender, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America held the largest share of the Sustainable Athleisure market in 2019. The Asia Pacific is anticipated to procure the promising growth rate during the forecast period. Thriving textile markets in countries like China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Bangladesh, have led to the excessive availability of textiles and fabrics for athleisure wear, thereby fuelling the acceptance of athleisure wear in the region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Sustainable Athleisure Market to reach a market size of $126.9 Billion by 2026
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Sustainable Athleisure Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisition and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Adidas AG is the major forerunner in the Sustainable Athleisure Market. Companies such as Hanesbrands, Inc., Outerknown, and Pangaia are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Adidas AG, Under Armour, Inc., Hanesbrands, Inc., Vuori, Inc., Pangaia, Outerknown, Fashionable, Inc. (ABLE), Eileen Fisher, Inc., Patagonia, Inc., and Wear Pact, LLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Sustainable Athleisure Market
- Sep-2020: Adidas came into collaboration with Kohl's Corp., an American department store retail chain. Under this collaboration, the companies together partnered with actress and activist Zoe Saldana on a line of clothes and accessories for women. Adidas x Zoe Saldana can be accessed online and in nearly 500 stores. Kohl's has a two-year partnership with Adidas and has also partnered with the brand on 175 shop-in-shops. Adidas x Zoe Saldana line includes shirts, jackets, and shoes.
- Sep-2020: Adidas entered into a collaboration with Wolford, a manufacturer of textiles. The collaboration aimed to make two capsule collections, namely, Studio Motion and Sheer Motion. These capsules offer seamless performance garments with all day wearability. The activewear collection includes sleek, supportive performance pieces designed with opaque and sheer knitting techniques.
- Sep-2020: Pangaia launched its first-ever sneaker. The company made the sneaker by using repurposed grape leather and recycled rubber. The minimalist, zero-waste sneaker is available in black or white. It is made of grape leather that is repurposed from waste generated by the Italian wine industry
- Apr-2020: Patagonia launched a selection of innovative products made from recycled and natural materials. The company also launched its first 100 percent fair trade certified sewn mountain bike apparel line featuring bibs, liner shorts, and reworked Dirt Craft shorts, all made out of recycled and organic fabric.
- Mar-2020: Hanesbrands collaborated with Amazon, an American multinational technology company. Under this collaboration, the companies aimed to offer its C9 Champion performance athletic wear. The C9 Champion is the value-priced product line of Champion athletic wear, which has more than 100 styles of men’s, women’s, and children’s activewear, innerwear, and accessories available on Amazon’s online store.
- Nov-2019: Hanesbrands came into partnership with LF Corporation, a fashion clothing company. The partnership aimed to expand the number of Champion brand stores in South Korea. Hanesbrands added LF Corporation as a distribution partner in South Korea.
- Nov-2019: Outerknown announced its first brick-and-mortar store located on the border of the South Bay surf community in Manhattan Beach. The store features the brand’s best-in-class such as S.E.A. Jeans, Blanket Shirts, and women’s jumpsuits in dynamic story-telling vignettes, where customers can discover the story behind each style’s design inspiration and sustainable innovation.
- Apr-2019: Adidas partnered with Beyoncé. Under this partnership, Beyoncé developed new signature footwear and apparel with Adidas, as well as relaunched her athleisure brand, Ivy Park. Beyonce and the sports retailer came into a new partnership, with plans to design new footwear and apparel that runs the gamut from performance- to lifestyle-focused items.
- Mar-2019: Outerknown introduced its first-ever women’s collection. The collection of 17 styles includes a variety of tops, dresses, and bottoms in different colorways that all work together to make a versatile wardrobe of effortless, everyday essentials that come with a clean conscience.
- Feb-2018: Hanesbrands acquired Bras N Things, a leading specialty retailer and online seller of intimate apparel. This acquisition expanded the product portfolio of Hanesbrands.
- Oct-2017: Hanesbrands took over Alternative Apparel, a marketer of better apparel basics. The acquisition supports Hanesbrands' activewear growth strategy.
- Sep-2016: Adidas introduced the creation of a new product line called Adidas Athletics. The Adidas Athletics makes warm-up and warm-down gear more stylish. The designs kept minimal and stylish while integrating advanced fabrics.
- Jul-2016: Hanesbrands completed its acquisition of Pacific Brands Limited, the leading underwear, and intimate apparel company. The acquisition of Pacific Brands added Bonds, Australia’s top brand of underwear, babywear, and socks; and Berlei, sports bra brand and the leading seller of premium bras in department stores, to Hanesbrands’ global portfolio of prominent innerwear brands supported by the company’s global low-cost supply chain and manufacturing network.
- Jun-2016: Hanesbrands acquired Champion Europe, a leading designer, marketer, and distributor of athletic apparel. The acquisition complemented Hanesbrands' global Champion commercial operations in the United States/the Americas, Japan/Asia, and Australia.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Yoga Pant
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Adidas AG
- Under Armour, Inc.
- Hanesbrands, Inc.
- Vuori, Inc.
- Fashionable, Inc. (ABLE)
- Eileen Fisher, Inc.
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Wear Pact, LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Sustainable Athleisure Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global sustainable athleisure market by 2026?
The global sustainable athleisure market size is expected to reach $126.9 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive sustainable athleisure market trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is rising demand for athleisure as an ideal blend of fashion and comfort.
Which segment dominated the sustainable athleisure market in 2019?
The shirt segment dominated the market and procured a substantial global revenue share in 2019.
Who are the top market players in the sustainable athleisure industry?
Adidas AG, Under Armour, Inc., Hanesbrands, Inc., Vuori, Inc., Pangaia, Outerknown, Fashionable, Inc. (ABLE), Eileen Fisher, Inc., Patagonia, Inc., and Wear Pact, LLC.
At what CAGR is the sustainable athleisure market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of sustainable athleisure market is 10.5% from 2020 to 2026.