Global Probiotic Drinks Market By Product (Diary based and Plant based), By Distribution Channel (Online and Offline), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Probiotic Drinks Market
The Global Probiotic Drinks Market size is expected to reach $25.2 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 9.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Probiotic Drinks comprise the living microorganisms which when consumed having numerous health benefits such as they are helpful in improving gut health. Nowadays, probiotics drinks have gained popularity as an essential beverage in order to maintain a healthy gut and a robust immunity system.
Probiotic Drinks Market Size, By Product, 2020-2026
Probiotics beverages additionally help in keeping the natural balance of bacterial population in the intestines and contributes to preventing and treating gastrointestinal (GI) problems like diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome. Conversely, the health aids of probiotics are attained by regular consumption and they do not show instant effects. The progress of the market is compelled by factors including health benefits related to probiotic-fortified foods as well as advancement in technology in probiotic products.
Probiotic Drinks Market Share, By Distribution Channel, 2019
The rising demand for functional beverages across the world in order to enhance digestive health is aiding the growth of the market in the coming years. Consumers are gradually becoming more aware of the probiotics product and its importance for the wellness of their gut. Moreover, the increasing health consciousness among the consumers, mainly young consumers, has driven the demand for probiotic products all across the world. Furthermore, the accessibility of ready-to-drink products for consumption has stimulated the market growth.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 13 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 25.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.5% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||150|
|Number of Tables||243|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Probiotic Drinks Market to reach a market size of $25.2 Billion by 2026
Consumers are nowadays looking for beverages that are able to give a surplus benefit other than satisfying their thirst. The increase in the health-conscious population is one of the major factors that is driving the growth of the food and beverage market. Functional food and beverages give additional nutritional benefits which are helpful to maintain the nutritional balance of the body, mainly the gut. Most of the fruit and beverage companies are spreading their product line by the addition of functional beverages to their portfolio, including probiotic drinks. Functional foods and prebiotic drinks are trending all over the world. Though, the market share is largely engaged by the developed markets. Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing markets for functional food and beverages.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Probiotic Drinks Market Competition Analysis
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Diary based and Plant based. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Online and Offline. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Nestle S.A., PepsiCo, Inc., and Danone S.A. are the forerunners in the Probiotic Drinks Market. Companies such as Lifeway Foods, Inc., Kerry Group PLC, and Harmless Harvest, Inc., Grupo LALA SAB de CV, General Mills, Inc., and Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Nestle S.A., Danone S.A., PepsiCo, Inc., Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, General Mills, Inc. (NextFoods), Kerry Group PLC, Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.), Lifeway Foods, Inc., Grupo LALA SAB de CV, and Harmless Harvest, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Probiotic Drinks Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Nov-2019: Nestle came into a partnership agreement with the Center for Microbiome Innovation (CMI). The partnership aimed to amplify its knowledge about how the microbiome affects human health and developed a nutritional solution for it.
- Feb-2019: Lifeway Foods came into an agreement of partnership with TruFusion Fitness Studios. The partnership aimed to unveil a co-branded probiotic protein smoothie called TruEnergy. This product is an 8-ounce kefir drink that offers the benefits of 21 grams of protein and 12 live and active probiotic cultures to meet workout recovery needs.
- Feb-2018: Danone collaborated with Yakult Honsha, a global leader in probiotic beverages. The collaboration was built on a formal collaboration existing since 2004; the companies stated their commitment to long-term strategic relationships and hoped to promote probiotics as part of a balanced diet.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Nov-2020: Kerry acquired Bio-K Plus, a Canadian probiotic company. The objective of the acquisition is to expand Kerry's product range of probiotics that shows the increasing number of consumers who are shifting to functional foods, beverages, and supplements.
- Jun-2018: General Mills’ venture arm, 301 Inc., has invested in the parent company of GoodBelly Probiotics. GoodBelly is known for its probiotic juices and shots but has been looking to expand into new products, such as bars. Goodbelly is well known for its probiotic juices and shots that expanded its product line. It is also the parent company of General Mills.
- Dec-2017: Nestle acquired Atrium, a global leader in nutritional health products. The acquisition focused on Nestlé's growth in consumer healthcare under the food and beverage category.
- Nov-2016: PepsiCo took over KeVita, an organic probiotic drinks company. This acquisition helped in broadening PepsiCo's health and wellness range in the premium chilled beverage space.
- May-2016: Grupo LALA acquired Laguna Dairy, a company owned and operated dairy facilities. Some assets of Laguna’s branded business in the U.S. are for US$246mm all in a cash transaction. This acquisition aimed at the expansion of value-added branded range in high-growth markets in America.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2020: Bio-K Plus launched a new range of functional beverages. It aimed to offer premium quality probiotics which is added to its existing Pro and Original range. Bio-K Plus provides a dose of probiotics in delightful and balanced functional beverages.
- Jul-2020: Danone North America introduced its low-fat yogurt for its children's brand Danimals that supports their immune system.
- Apr-2020: Nestle Introduced nesQuino, a customizable functional beverage product. This product includes a digitally connected Q- cup machine, superfood sachets, and three kinds of base sachets: smoothies, oat shake, and a milkshake. These superfood sachets contain probiotics and healthy ingredients like fruits, vegetables, and nuts, and base sachets are made up of milk, cereals, and plant based ingredients.
- Mar-2020: KeVita introduced a new look for its sparkling probiotic drinks, Kombucha, and apple cider vinegar. PepsiCo helped the product for better sales in the Kombucha category.
- Jan-2020: Harmless Harvest introduced plant-based coconut yogurt alternative products. This range of products includes coconut water, snack drinks, and dairy-free yogurt alternatives. These products include four flavors of spoonable single-serving cups, three flavors of single-serving dairy-free drinkable yogurts, and multi-serve dairy-free drinkable yogurt.
- Jun-2019: Nestle unveiled Materna Opti-Lac, a probiotic drink for lactating mothers. This product helped in reducing the risk of breast pain and mastitis during breastfeeding. Materna Opti-Lac contains strain L.fermentum LC40 that was first introduced in Hong Kong.
- May-2019: Fonterra NZMP introduced two probiotic ingredients, BifidoB 019 and LactoB 001. These products helped in extending Fonterra's product line that aimed to increase consumer interest in general wellness.
- Mar-2019: Lifeway Foods launched Plantiful, the first plant-based probiotic beverage. This drink is available for adults and kids that come in a variety of flavors. Plantiful provides more protein and probiotics than other non-dairy beverages. This product line is made up of organic ingredients which include no dairy, gluten, or soy.
- Feb-2018: Yakult Danone India launched a light version of its probiotic drink, which was sold in selected retail shops throughout 12 states in India.
Scope of the Probiotic Drinks Market Analysis
- Diary based
- Plant based
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Nestle S.A.
- Danone S.A.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- General Mills, Inc. (NextFoods)
- Kerry Group PLC
- Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.)
- Lifeway Foods, Inc.
- Grupo LALA SAB de CV
- Harmless Harvest, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Probiotic Drinks Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global probiotic drinks market by 2026?
The global probiotic drinks market size is expected to reach $25.2 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive probiotic drinks industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the probiotic drinks industry include health benefits accompanied by probiotics fortified food.
Which region shows largest share of the probiotic drinks market in 2019?
The Asia Pacific has the largest share in the year 2019. China, India, and Japan are the main markets in this region.
Who are the leading players in probiotic drinks market?
Nestle S.A., Danone S.A., PepsiCo, Inc., Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, General Mills, Inc. (NextFoods), Kerry Group PLC, Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.), Lifeway Foods, Inc., Grupo LALA SAB de CV, and Harmless Harvest, Inc.