Global Gaming Peripheral Market By Device (PC and Gaming Consoles), By Product (Headset, Controller, Keyboard, Mice and Others), By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Gaming Peripheral Market
The Global Gaming Peripheral Market size is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 13.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Gaming peripherals are external devices that are specifically designed to play video games on phones, computers, or consoles. There are numerous types of gaming peripheral devices that are available in the market, for example, gaming, headset, gamepads, joystick, keyboard, mouse, and virtual reality devices. These peripherals are helpful in enhancing the gaming experience while playing several video games. There are many virtual reality devices like VR headset, VR PC backpack, and VR controller that are primarily used by gamers for an improved gaming experience in playing video games.
Gaming Peripheral Market Size, By Device, 2020-2026
Growing advancement in technology in the video gaming peripheral and increasing popularity of many video games like heroes of the storm, league of legends, and e-sports all across the globe are main factors that are driving the growth of the market. The growing popularity of numerous gaming peripheral devices like mouse, gaming pads, gaming headsets, and joystick especially among the professional and hardcore gamers is one of the major factors which is supporting the growth of the market across the globe.
Gaming Peripheral Market Share, By Product, 2019
The increasing number of professional video gamers as well as casual gamers in the world and growing penetration of high speed and cheap internet in developing countries is ensuing high demand for the gaming peripheral devices and is likely to enhance the growth of the target market in the next few decades. Also, increasing the necessity for a better gaming experience in the youth while playing numerous video games is causing the growing demand for virtual reality gaming accessories for example VR headsets, VR controllers, and VR PC backpack and this is another factor anticipated to drive the growth of the target market.
Though, high cost is likely to pose a big challenge to the growth of the gaming peripheral market. The growing availability of counterfeit products also acts as one of the main obstacles to growth over the foreseeable period. There is a lack of awareness among the customers about the quality and brand and that is why they usually go for products that offer parallel features at a low price. The growing demand for these counterfeit products, due to their low prices, particularly in developing countries like Indonesia, China, and Taiwan, is likely to impede the growth. The rising COVID-19 pandemic in the world is causing undulate effects on the growing market. The pandemic has a negative impact on the supply and manufacturing of these peripherals in the world due to the halt of manufacturing facilities.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 3.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 7.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 13.1% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||196|
|Number of Tables||354|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competition Analysis, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Device, Product, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Gaming Peripheral Market to reach a market size of $7.1 Billion by 2026
Based on Device, the market is segmented into PC and Gaming Consoles. Based on Product, the market is segmented into Headset, Controller, Keyboard, Mice and Others. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Gaming Peripheral Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships and Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Logitech International S.A. is the major forerunner in the Gaming Peripheral Market. Companies such as Shenzhen Rapoo Technology Co., Ltd., Cooler Master Technology, Inc., Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd., Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co., KG, and Eastern Times Technology Co., Ltd. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Logitech International S.A., Razer, Inc., Cooler Master Technology, Inc., Eastern Times Technology Co., Ltd. (Redragon), Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd., Guillemot Corporation S.A., Shenzhen Rapoo Technology Co., Ltd., Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Anker Innovations Limited, and Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Gaming Peripheral Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Oct-2020: Cooler Master came into partnership with Content Driver, a company engaged in helping brands deliver quality marketing content. The partnership covers all Cooler Master Products, ensuring that those products are syndicated to Cooler Master’s resellers within ANZ to boost customer engagement and provide a more efficient route to purchase for end users. Content Driver would provide Cooler Master and its resellers with access to the Content Driver platform bringing together their go-to-market, marketing, and insights, and more; offering a more comprehensive experience for channel partners.
- Oct-2020: Logitech G, a brand of Logitech signed a partnership agreement with Riot Games, creator of League of Legends, the most-played PC game in the world. Following the partnership, Logitech G would introduce a portfolio of officially licensed League of Legends (LoL) gaming products, the first of which is inspired by the aesthetics of the global virtual music group, K/DA, and their 2020 comeback.
- May-2020: Razer teamed up with Helix eSports, a provider of offers world-class gaming and virtual reality experiences. Following the collaboration, the companies would create the most robust gaming centers in the world and bring players together in new ways under the banner of competition.
- Apr-2020: HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company extended its partnership with British organization Excel Esports. Excel Esports would continue to use HyperX keyboards, mice, mousepads, and headsets throughout the organization for both practice and competition. The two companies will launch various activation ideas that highlight the peripherals and Excel teams, which compete in the League of Legends European Championship (LEC) as well as the UK League Championship (UKLC).
- Mar-2020: Logitech G extended its partnership with UK-based car manufacturer, McLaren to last through 2020. Jointly, the companies were aimed to work in the realm of sim racing. Logitech G supported McLaren’s eSports endeavors from the start. The companies would bring a new G Challenge to gamers and open a new gateway into the world of racing.
- Mar-2020: Redragon teamed up with Simplicity Esports and Gaming Company. Following this collaboration, the latter company selected Redragon as the latest sponsor for its Flamengo Esports brand. Redragon joined other Flamengo Esports sponsors such as Adidas and Twitch.
- Mar-2020: HyperX announced its partnership with The University of New Haven. The partnership was aimed to support the University’s groundbreaking academic programs in eSports and its new varsity eSports team that will begin competing in the fall. HyperX has been enabling students from the College of Business to have access to the company’s senior management to share their insights as gamers and students in the interdisciplinary field of eSports and gaming.
- Oct-2019: Thermaltake came into partnership with Disrupt Gaming, the North American organization. The partnership was focused on the development of top-class peripherals and content between them.
- Sep-2019: Logitech collaborated with League of Extraordinary Gamers (LXG) for the third edition of the eSports tournament, Indian Lan Gaming (ILG). The aim behind ILG is to promote the eSports culture in the country. LXG and Logitech G enabled professional gamers with a credible eSports platform and created an opportunity for budding gamers to pick eSports as a serious pursuit.
- Aug-2019: Razer announced its collaboration with Tencent Cloud, Tencent’s cloud services brand. The collaboration was focused on defining the standards for cloud gaming. The collaboration further positioned the two companies as leaders in the gaming industrial revolution, with cloud gaming increasingly becoming a crucial part. Some of the objectives include optimizing Tencent games, which include megahit PUBG and Fortnite for Razer’s smartphones, mobile controllers, and its Cortex Android launcher app.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Jul-2017: Logitech acquired Astro Gaming, a company focusing on developing gaming headsets for professional gamers and enthusiasts. Together, the Logitech G and Astro Gaming brands are working and focusing on what they do best separately; PC and console gaming.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2020: Cooler Master launched ControlPad, the world’s first PC keypad with analog Aimpad technology. ControlPad is an innovative keypad designed for content creators, gamers, musicians, and more.
- Aug-2020: Logitech announced the launch of gaming peripherals, offering a range of vibrant colors. The company launched Logitech G-Series Color Collection, built around a new product, the G733 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Headset. The Headset comes alongside some colorful refreshes of existing products including a gaming keyboard, and a pair of gaming mice.
- Aug-2020: Razer unveiled a new line of products including a mouse pad, a keyboard, and a mouse. These products are for office goers who are also casual gamers. Users can easily play games like the Microsoft Flight Simulator with the accessories.
- Jul-2020: Thermaltake released massive M900 XXL RGB Mouse Pad. The mouse pad has been designed to cover a full desk, with a length of 1600mm and a width of 800mm; it also has 4mm of depth. The M900 XXL RGB Mouse Pad comes with Thermaltake’s iTAKE Engine Software that makes it possible to customize, control, and sync lighting effects.
- Jun-2020: Sennheiser introduced the HD250BT and CX120BT wireless Bluetooth headphones in India. These headphones deliver wireless connectivity and advanced Bluetooth codec support together with Sennheiser's classic design and audio tuning.
- Jun-2020: Anker Innovations unveiled the PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock, a best-in-class USB-C productivity solution. This new dock features dual-display connectivity through Thunderbolt and HDMI ports, enabling users to connect two external monitors at once. It also offers Power Delivery pass-through computer charging, delivering up to 85W of power while in use.
- Mar-2020: Sennheiser released HD 450BT and HD 350BT over-ear Bluetooth headphones in India. These headphones provide a combination of 30-hour battery life, audio quality, wireless freedom, and instant voice assistant access. The HD 450BT also features active noise cancellation for a truly captivating audio experience without any distractions. Both feature Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility and high-quality wireless codec support, including AAC, AptX, and AptX Low Latency for better audio synchronization with video.
- Oct-2019: Sennheiser launched the GSP 370, a new headset to its gaming portfolio. It is a wireless gaming headset that boasts up to 100 hours of battery life and is compatible with PC, Mac, and PlayStation 4. The headset can also be used, while it is being charged. It features an around-ear design, with oversized ear cushions, which provides improved comfort over the Sennheiser GSP 300 headset.
- Sep-2019: Rapoo launched the newest professional gaming headset VH510 in India. This headset was designed for providing the highest ear comfort merged with premium stereo sound VH510 for bringing an eternal gaming experience, making it more enjoyable.
- Sep-2019: Thermaltake Gaming launched the Level 20 GT RGB Gaming Keyboard. The Level 20 GT RGB Gaming Keyboard delivers 16.8 million true RGB colors with a massive 13 front-side illumination for a truly personalized RGB experience. It is compatible with all Thermaltake TT RGB PLUS power supplies, liquid cooling, case fans, and LED strip product lines. This enables enthusiasts to sync all RGB colors seamlessly.
- Aug-2019: Thermaltake unveiled the Level 20 Gaming Mouse, as the first gaming mouse of Thermaltake Gaming. The Level 20 RGB Gaming Mouse is a high-performance gaming mouse equipped with a powerful gaming grade 16,000 DPI optical sensor and durable OMRON switches rated up to 50 million clicks for endless hours of gameplay. Level 20 Gaming Mouse suits all hand sizes and grip styles for the utmost comfort.
- Mar-2019: Cooler Master introduced a new full-sized mechanical gaming keyboard, which includes Aimpad technology. It is the first mechanical keyboard packing Cherry MX keys that includes the analogue pressure-sensitive tech for unparalleled control in even the most demanding PC games. This keyboard allows one to control speed, yaw, adjust pitch, creep, and roll with smooth increments.
- Feb-2019: Cooler Master released a new ergonomic gaming mouse, the MM830. Its key features are its integrated D-Pad, OLED Display, high-resolution sensor, quad-zone RGB lighting, and purported ruggedness.
Scope of the Gaming Peripheral Market Analysis
- Gaming Consoles
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Logitech International S.A.
- Razer, Inc.
- Cooler Master Technology, Inc.
- Eastern Times Technology Co., Ltd. (Redragon)
- Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd.
- Guillemot Corporation S.A.
- Shenzhen Rapoo Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- Anker Innovations Limited
- Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Gaming Peripheral Market Related Reports:
How valuable the gaming peripheral market be in the future?
The gaming peripheral market is projected to reach USD 7.1 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive gaming peripheral trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is adoption of gaming as a profession.
Which segment dominated the gaming peripheral market in 2019?
The PC segment led the market in the year 2019 and is anticipated to keep its dominance in the coming years.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Logitech International S.A., Razer, Inc., Cooler Master Technology, Inc., Eastern Times Technology Co., Ltd. (Redragon), Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd., Guillemot Corporation S.A., Shenzhen Rapoo Technology Co., Ltd., Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Anker Innovations Limited, and Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
At what CAGR is the gaming peripheral market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of gaming peripheral market is 13.1% from 2020 to 2026.