Global Engineering Services Outsourcing Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Service (Testing, Prototyping, Designing, System Integration), By Location (On-shore and Off-shore), By Application, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Engineering Services Outsourcing Market
Market Report Description
The Global Engineering Services Outsourcing Market size is expected to reach $5 trillion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 22.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
Engineering services outsourcing is the approach of hiring intangible engineering functions from an external source, like design, system integration, prototyping, and testing. These services are needed from the beginning of the product design and development process, and they make use of a variety of IT-based tools and databases. ESO is used to hire geospatial data analytics, network design services, and inventory management in the network and communications sector, for example. Apart from that, it has a lot of uses in supply chain and product cycle management, industrial automation, and device remote monitoring.
New product development, also known as R&D, is one of the most commonly outsourced design services. Companies that use expert engineering services for product development and design can get their product to market considerably faster. Bringing the idea to a pool of highly-skilled engineers and enabling them to turn it into useful end products is what R&D is all about. Another of the most widely outsourced engineering services is CAD, or computer-aided design, and Drafting. CAD software can be used to create electronic blueprints, assemble drawings, and manufacture detailed drawings. The models can then be readily edited, shared, and archived by converting them between 2D and 3D drawing formats. If not executed properly, design services can be a very time-consuming procedure.
In a nutshell, reverse engineering is the act of dismantling a finished object and determining how it functions. Data is collected from the finished result, which may subsequently be utilized to duplicate the object or provide more insight into the creation of a new one. In reverse engineering, the engineer creates a CAD model of the product and extracts data from it, which can then be utilized to modify or improve the object. Reverse engineering can aid in improving production efficiency, updating a product, or redesigning specific aspects of it.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Because of the temporary shutdown of businesses, production facilities, and everyday operational logistics, the aircraft industry has suffered the most among the industry verticals. The healthcare industry, on the other hand, has remained essentially stable, with healthcare companies focusing on providing advanced and tailored Personal Protective Equipment kits. As a result, as part of their attempts to conserve intellectual property, manufacturers are taking preventative steps, such as arranging network operations, conserving vital information with access codes, and including the basic arrangements of the layout or the original code. Nonetheless, as individuals prefer to avoid public transportation in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, private car sales are expected to rise in the near future.
Market Growth Factors
A growing number of R&D activities and technological advancements
The development of innovative and new technologies and solutions necessitates extensive research and development efforts as well as significant financial commitments. Leading industry players are incorporating delivery systems into their individual company strategies as a result of the rapid widespread of research and development. Due to this, increasing research and development efforts would drive more developments in the ESO sector in the coming years. In addition, engineering services outsourcing has developed in order to give creative solutions to clients or end-users. As a result, there has been a shift in the engineering services outsourcing market away from core engineers and toward integrated engineering solutions, such as the internet of things.
Accelerated and optimized project development
Software development companies are frequently encountering the necessity to expedite product delivery. To take advantage of a new commercial opportunity, a corporation may need to supply specific functionality within a strict deadline or cure a technical issue right away. This mandates the engineering team being propelled effectively and quickly. Forming a new in-house department or restructuring internal resources, on the other hand, takes a lot of time and work. Outsourcing, on the other hand, provides a flexible resource pool along with measurable services, allowing projects to be developed quickly.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
High service cost and privacy risks
Small and medium-sized businesses lack the financial resources to outsource engineering services. Firms in developing nations also lack the resources to outsource business processes. As a result, the reason for this is the high cost of services, which no corporation can afford to pay engineering services outsourcing companies. As a result, high service costs pose a significant barrier to the engineering services outsourcing market's expansion. Moreover, the risk of losing sensitive data and privacy is a fundamental disadvantage of outsourcing engineering services. When it comes to negotiating outsourced contracts, having seamless protocols and checks in place for data loss and confidentiality agreements is essential.
Based on Service, the market is segmented into Testing, Prototyping, Designing, System Integration, and Others. In 2021, the testing segment acquired the largest revenue share of the engineering services outsourcing market. The growing importance of testing has been fueled by the need to produce and remodel product prototypes featuring higher optimization along with error-free processes in recent years. OEMs are enlisting the help of ESPs for software testing in order to ensure user-friendliness and error-free software.
Based on Location, the market is segmented into On-shore and Off-shore. In 2021, the off-shore segment recorded a substantial revenue share of the engineering services outsourcing market. The growth of the segment is rising due to foreign inflation rates, high mix rates, training expenses, and an increasing preference for outsourcing to on-shore partners. Furthermore, while catering to customers in different countries, ESPs must accept a variety of rules in outsourcing contracts.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Industrial, Automotive, Semiconductors, Telecom, Aerospace, Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, and Others. In 2021, the industrial segment witnessed the largest revenue share of the engineering services outsourcing market. Drilling, blasting, crushing, and tunneling activities are among the many probe services that are progressively adopting digitalization. Through the implementation of private, public, and hybrid clouds, industrial products manufacturing organizations are significantly embracing cloud infrastructure to modernize their information technology-driven infrastructure, streamline inheritance processes, and drive automation.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 1.3 Trillion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 5 Trillion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 22.8% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||268|
|Number of Tables||412|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Service, Location, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2021, the Asia-Pacific segment accounted for the largest revenue share of the engineering services outsourcing market. The surging growth of the regional market is owing to the prevalence of a robust product manufacturing industry in the region. The region is known for its industrial products manufacture and low-cost hiring services provided by highly skilled engineering personnel. In addition, the location serves as the nerve center for major software outsourcing service providers.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Engineering Services Outsourcing Market size to reach USD 5 Trillion by 2028
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Engineering Services Outsourcing Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Infosys Limited and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. is the forerunners in the Engineering Services Outsourcing Market. Companies such as HCL Technologies Ltd., Wipro Limited, Capgemini SE are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Wipro Limited, HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL Enterprises), Capgemini SE, Infosys Limited, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Tech Mahindra Limited, Tata Elxsi Limited, Entelect Software (Pty) Ltd., AKKA Technologies SE, and ALTEN.
Recent Strategies deployed in Engineering Services Outsourcing Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- May-2022: Tata Elxsi teamed up with Lenovo, the global technology giant. Following this collaboration, the company aimed to offer advanced XR end-to-end solutions and services for engineering and enterprise engineering applications and the customer using Lenovo's smart XR devices.
- May-2022: Tech Mahindra came into a partnership with Cloudbyz, a vendor of integrated clinical research and development solutions. Through this partnership, the companies aimed to offer end-to-end clinical research management transformation, derived from the integration of the Clinical Research Management capabilities of Cloudbyz and industry-leading transformation services of Tech Mahindra, to customers.
- Aug-2021: Wipro came into a partnership with HERE Technologies, a leader in information technology. Under this partnership, the companies aimed to bring location-based services for customers across various verticals.
- Jul-2021: HCL Technologies came into an agreement with Mosaic Company, a global leader in the crop nutrient industry. Under this agreement, HCL would provide managed services and digital transformation to the Mosaic Company in order to allow it to capitalize on HCL's robust emphasis on the agriculture business, chemical segments, and mining sector.
- Dec-2020: Infosys partnered with Rolls-Royce, a leader in aerospace and defense technology. Under this partnership, Infosys would help Rolls-Royce in sourcing engineering as well as R&D Services for the Civil Aerospace business of Rolls-Royce. In addition, Rolls-Royce would transition a major part of its engineering center capabilities for Bengaluru Civil Aerospace to Infosys to provide a full line of high-end engineering and R&D services incorporated with advanced digital service to Rolls-Royce.
- Dec-2020: Infosys entered into a partnership with Daimler, a German multinational automotive corporation. This partnership aimed to allow the companies to increase their focus on software engineering in order to establish a fully scalable on-demand digital IT infrastructure as well as a remote workplace.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Apr-2022: Wipro completed its acquisition of Rizing Intermediate, an SAP consulting company. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to leverage complementary consulting capabilities along with robust client relationships of Rizing with the aim to bolster its portfolio with the addition of the most differentiated SAP services across the marketplace.
- Jan-2022: HCL Technologies acquired Starschema, a leader in data engineering services. This acquisition aimed to integrate Starschema’s data-focused expertise and high-value capabilities into the existing prevalence of HCL in industry verticals undergoing data-driven transformation.
- Dec-2021: Tech Mahindra took over Activus Connect, a leader in vending work-at-home customer experience management solutions. This acquisition aimed to boost the capabilities of Tech Mahindra in emerging workplace solutions while also strengthening the end-to-end CX portfolio of the company. In addition, Tech Mahindra would utilize the SmartVirtual platform of Activus Connect in order to render a secure cloud-based ecosystem of analytics, technologies, and virtual management practices.
- Nov-2021: ALTEN Group took over CIeNET, a leader in providing technology services. Following this acquisition, the company aimed to integrate CIeNET's digital innovation and nimble execution into its scale and technology diversity in order to focus on using technologies with the aim to expedite the clients’ business transformation.
- Nov-2021: ALTEN Group acquired Expert Global Solutions, a technology service provider. With this acquisition, the company aimed to leverage the capabilities of Expert Global to diversify its portfolio across the Indian as well as global markets. In addition, Expert Global would also accelerate the innovation of ALTEN in fields, such as Industrial digital transformation and Automotive embedded solutions.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Jan-2022: HCL Technologies expanded its geographical footprint in Alberta with the introduction of its Innovation Center in Edmonton. With this geographical expansion, the company aimed to function as a center for HCL Engineering teams to jointly innovate with customers and address complex business challenges for clients across the world.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- System Integration
- Consumer Electronics
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Wipro Limited
- HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL Enterprises)
- Capgemini SE
- Infosys Limited
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Tata Elxsi Limited
- Entelect Software (Pty) Ltd.
- AKKA Technologies SE
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free