Global Supply Chain Security Market By Component (Hardware, Software and Services), By Organization Size (Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises), By Application (Data Protection, Data Visibility & Governance and Others), By Vertical (Retail & eCommerce, FMCG, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Supply Chain Security Market
Market Report Description
The Global Supply Chain Security Market size is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Supply chain security is the component of Supply Chain Management (SCM) that emphasizes on reducing risks for vendors, external suppliers, transportation, and logistics. The objective of supply chain security is to improve the security of the value chain or supply chain, the logistics system, and transportation of the goods around the world.
It aims to integrate the security requirements in the conventional methods of supply chain management to avoid the issues and threats like theft, terrorism, and piracy. The companies are highly adopting the supply chain security solutions as it has become essential to prevent their company from any problem. To tackle these problems, the companies are adopting supply chain security solutions. The increase in the supply chain attacks, rise in ransom, the requirement for improved risk prediction & mitigation, growing IoT devices in the supply chain, and excessive increase in the adoption of automation technology are some factors that are surging the demand for supply chain security market.
According to the present situation, the market of supply chain security is anticipated to boost due to certain factors like rising in the number of businesses that are inclining towards cloud-based supply chain management software, implementation of SCM in healthcare & pharmaceutical companies, increasing demand for management solutions among enterprises, development of industrial-grade digital technology, and increasing requirement of supply chain visibility.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has disturbed all aspects & sections of life & society along with businesses. In the current scenario, widespread communication is possible because of the internet and hence, playing a crucial role in managing and operating businesses. The pandemic has provided a great opportunity for businesses to go digital. The circumstances have forced the companies to minimize the exposure of the worldwide supply chain by intelligent workflows. Whereas, supply chains are extremely complex as various suppliers are scattered in different geographical locations interconnecting the trade ecosystem globally.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, several regulatory authorities and governments have made it compulsory to follow the rules to maintain social distance and adopt new practices of teleworking. Hence, companies are following the new Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to proceed with their business properly and timely. Due to digitalization, companies are excessively adopting supply chain security solutions and services to protect their data from cyber attackers. The disruption in the supply chain caused by the pandemic has negatively impacted the overall growth of the supply chain security market. However, as companies are getting digitalized as an impact of the pandemic, there would be a rise in the demand for supply chain security solutions.
Market Growth Factors:
The growing number of supply chain attacks & ransomware because of the pandemic
Due to the outbreak of the global pandemic, ransomware activities have increased across the world. The criminals are well aware of the seriousness of the pandemic and are taking the best use of the situation to obtain precise information from the ransom attack. Many cybercriminals are forcing organizations to deal with them by offering a huge amount of money to them.
Increase in the demand for high visibility & transparency in supply chain data and processes
Due to the continuous evolution in technologies, organizations are unable to uplift their personnel and allowing them to get knowledge, capabilities, and data that are necessary for an organization to succeed. However, the adoption of technologies such as artificial intelligence, IoT, and machine learning are offering enhanced supply chain transparency and allowing leaders to increase product excellence, introduce new products & services, and accelerate time-to-market.
Market Restraining Factor:
Low budget is restricting small & new organizations in emerging nations
The need for cybersecurity is rising in all industries at a higher rate but low budget is hampering the implementation of such solutions. Numerous IT security expertise and small start-ups are failing to implement sophisticated cybersecurity solutions to protect their IT infrastructures & networks from cybercriminals. The chief factor that is declining the adoption of the supply chain security model for small & medium-size organizations is the constrained capital funding.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Hardware, Software and Services. The companies are acting as a supplier and have a direct or indirect approach to the final item due to which, risk in software supply chain security can occur at any stage. Suppliers comprise transporters, storage facilities, and distributors coupled with the enterprises that are completely accountable for generating, improving, or changing item or system content. These risks exist at all stages and mitigation helps in increasing the security of supply chains.
Organization Size Outlook
Based on Organization Size, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises. The small and medium enterprises segment is expected to propel with a considerable growth rate over the forecast years. Small and medium enterprises prefer cloud-based solutions instead of on-premises networking solutions because it is more flexible and require less amount of investment. The implementation of supply chain management is expected to surge, owing to an increase in the implementation of the pay-as-you-go model by the small and medium enterprises through which, they can flexibly manage the IT infrastructure according to their needs.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Data Protection, Data Visibility & Governance and Others. Data protection refers to the large volume of data generated by the companies that needs to be secured and managed at rest and in motion to avoid tampering and breaches. A company completely relies on a third party or an e-commerce website while exchanging data with them and the third party also assures the company to keep their data confidential and private.
Based on Vertical, the market is segmented into Retail & eCommerce, FMCG, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics and Others. By vertical, the retail and eCommerce segment would witness the maximum growth rate over the forecast years. The major targets of cybercriminals are online retail and e-commerce businesses. When attackers make these businesses their target, it leads to low website performance, the confidential data of customers gets exposed, loss in revenue, and site downtime. It has become essential for retailers to have end-to-end visibility and transparency in the whole supply chain due to growing omnichannel retailing, mobility, and e-commerce and to managing the demand in real-time.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 805.1 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 1.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.9% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||283|
|Number of Tables||464|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Organization Size, Application, Vertical, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to emerge as a fastest-growing region over the forecast years. This region is witnessing the excessive implementation of advanced technologies. In countries like India and Indonesia, the government and private organizations are spending huge amounts on infrastructure, aiming to accelerate the movement and enhancement of infrastructure. These factors are accountable for the surge in the demand for supply chain management in this region.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Supply Chain Security Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Supply Chain Security Market size to reach USD 1.3 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; IBM Corporation is the major forerunners in the Supply Chain Security Market. Companies such as NXP Semiconductors N.V., Cold Chain Technologies, Emerson Electric Co. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Carrier Global Corporation (Sensitech, Inc.), IBM Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Emerson Electric Co., Orbcomm, Inc. (Northrop Grumman Corporation), Monnit Corporation, Berlinger & Co. AG, Signatrol Ltd., Cold Chain Technologies (Aurora Capital Partners) and Qingdao Haier Biomedical Co., LTD.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Supply Chain Security Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- May-2021: Orbcomm signed a global commercial reseller agreement with Unseenlabs, designer, and developer of a spectrum surveillance payload. In this agreement, Unseenlabs would provide a comprehensive, tamper-proof maritime surveillance service to Orbcomm’s clients that are crucial in facilitating maritime safety and making a sustainable future for the oceans.
- Apr-2021: IBM Security teamed up with HCL Technologies, an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company. This collaboration aimed to help unite and streamline threat management for customers through an advanced security operation center (SOC) platform. HCL's Cyber security Fusion Centers would be developed to take benefit of IBM's Cloud Pak for Security, to assist in making a unified security platform to connect security teams, tools, and procedures in the threat lifecycle.
- Mar-2021: Cold Chain Technologies formed a partnership with Cloudleaf, the leader in next-generation digital supply chain solutions. This partnership aimed to release Cold Chain Technologies Smart Solutions. This new offering is based on Cloudleaf's Digital Visibility Platform, which would help in turning real-time, holistic, and actionable insights into the location & circumstance of temperature-sensitive drugs & biologics that include the transportation of COVID-19 vaccines in Cold Chain Technologies' thermal shipping containers.
- Feb-2021: IBM joined hands with Siemens and Red Hat. This collaboration would utilize a hybrid cloud developed to provide an open, flexible and secure solution for manufacturers & plant operators to extract real-time value from operational data. This would further help clients to operate MindSphere on-premise, unwrapping the speed and agility in factory & plant operations, and also via the cloud for effortless product support, updates, and enterprise connectivity.
- Feb-2021: Orbcomm teamed up with McColl’s Transport, Australia’s largest independent bulk liquid carrier of milk, food, and bulk chemicals. Under this collaboration, McColl's would leverage Orbcomm’s telematics solution to monitor assets when they are transported for better productivity and optimal fleet management.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Nov-2020: IBM took over Instana, an application performance monitoring, and Observability Company. Through this acquisition, IBM would assist enterprises to tackle the challenge of managing application performance over various teams, and across 2 to 15 clouds, on average.
- Jun-2020: IBM entered into an agreement to acquire Spanugo, a US-based provider of cloud cyber security posture management solutions. Under this acquisition, IBM would combine Spanugo software into its public cloud to fulfil the security demand of its customers in highly regulated sectors.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2021: IBM Security introduced the latest and improved services. These services are developed to assist companies in managing their cloud security strategy, policies, and controls in the hybrid cloud surroundings. Such services bring together IBM, cloud-native, and third-party technologies with IBM expertise to assist companies to make a unified security approach over their cloud ecosystems.
- Apr-2021: Emerson released TankMaster Mobile, the world’s first cross-platform inventory management software application. This software is meant for tank gauging systems, available through tablet, smartphone, or computer, and could offer real-time data to a broad variety of stakeholders like management, field personnel, sales staff, suppliers, customers, purchasing and finance, product owners, traders, and customs authorities. The easy accessibility of this informations would help in better decision making and enhanced operational efficiency and safety.
- Feb-2021: NXP Semiconductors unveiled its EdgeLock 2GO IoT service platform. This platform is easy, security maintenance, secure deployment, and management of IoT devices & services across its lifecycle.
- Feb-2021: Sensitech announced the expansion of its portfolio of IoT devices. This expansion involves air-carrier approved and non-lithium battery models for real-time monitoring of shipments whenever cargo is moving by air. The improved suite of TempTale GEO and VizCommTM View products would support vaccine and pharmaceutical shipments whenever cargo is traveling by land, air, or sea. In addition, Data moves directly from the TempTale GEO and VizComm View products to the SensiWatch Platform, which is a cloud-based visibility solution, alerting customers about any kind of unexpected events.
- Feb-2021: Emerson launched its Lumity wireless data logger. This product delivers healthcare institutions with more reliable and precise vaccine storage temperature monitoring solutions for supervising vaccine storage and helps organizations to fulfill all the strict regulatory compliances.
- Nov-2020: Orbcomm introduced the ST 9100, a next-generation, dual-mode telematics device. This device is aimed at monitoring and controlling assets in remote geographies across the globe. In addition, this device is used for a broad range of IoT applications like fleet management, fisheries management, vehicle security, vessel monitoring, and the remote monitoring of tools in the oil & gas, construction, and utility industries.
- Nov-2020: Orbcomm expanded its leading portfolio of onboard vessel IoT systems by including LoRa WAN (LoRa) technology. This solution is the result of its partnership with Net Feasa. Orbcomm implemented the first commercially accessible solution utilizing LoRa technology to track containers onboard vessels for a big global shipping line.
- Jul-2020: Orbcomm released its next-generation analytics and reporting platform. This platform provides improved data insights and a dynamic user interface, to deliver users with a comprehensive view of all their transportation asset categories utilizing a single sign-on. In addition, Orbcomm Platform delivers the ability for users to monitor, track, and control all of their transportation assets in a single place, from dry trailers, reefers, and trucks to chassis and dry and refrigerated shipping containers on the rail, road, and at sea.
- Jun-2020: Haier Biomedical unveiled smart blood network solutions. These solutions would offer to human-machine-blood interactive experiences, supervising and tracking the full blood transfusion procedure vein-to-vein and removing the blood waste, emergency waiting time, and delay of data sharing.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Jun-2021: Cold Chain Technologies expanded its global footprints in the Latin America market with the establishment in locations in Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, and Brazil. Through this expansion, the company would ensure the delivery of top-class services & products along with improving its in-region operational capabilities to enable further growth.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Data Protection
- Data Visibility & Governance
- Retail & eCommerce
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Carrier Global Corporation (Sensitech, Inc.)
- IBM Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Orbcomm, Inc. (Northrop Grumman Corporation)
- Monnit Corporation
- Berlinger & Co. AG
- Signatrol Ltd.
- Cold Chain Technologies (Aurora Capital Partners)
- Qingdao Haier Biomedical Co., LTD.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the supply chain security market be in the future?
The global supply chain security market size is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the supply chain security market?
The growing number of supply chain attacks & ransomware because of the pandemic are driving the market in coming years, however, Low budget is restricting small & new organizations in emerging nations limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Carrier Global Corporation (Sensitech, Inc.), IBM Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Emerson Electric Co., Orbcomm, Inc. (Northrop Grumman Corporation), Monnit Corporation, Berlinger & Co. AG, Signatrol Ltd., Cold Chain Technologies (Aurora Capital Partners) and Qingdao Haier Biomedical Co., LTD.
Which segment dominated the supply chain security market in 2020?
The Retail & eCommerce market dominated the Global Supply Chain Security Market by Vertical 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.4 % during the forecast period.
Has COVID-19 impacted the supply chain security market?
Yes, As companies are getting digitalized as an impact of the pandemic, there would be a rise in the demand for supply chain security solutions.
Which region shows biggest market share?
The North America is estimated to acquire the largest market share over the forecast years. In addition, this region comprises numerous leading market players offering supply chain security solutions to all end-users.