Global Clear Aligners Market By End User (hospitals, stand-alone practices, group practices, and others), By Age (adult and teenage), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Clear Aligners Market
Market Report Description
The Global Clear Aligners Market size is expected to reach $17,167.2 million by 2027, rising at a market growth of 28.7% CAGR during the forecast period.
Clear aligners refer to the transparent and hard covering tray worn over the teeth to fix it. They act as a substitute for the conventional metal braces and are developed to maintain the proper position of teeth.
In addition, clear aligners utilize a consistent force to regulate the tooth movement unlike metal braces. It is made up of durable plastic material and can fit every individual’s mouth due to its customizable nature. Along with that, clear aligners are more efficient, effective, and comfortable in comparison to the traditional appliance for mild to-direct malocclusion.
Moreover, clear aligners are not fixed on the teeth like the conventional braces. They are put on over a person’s teeth and remain there for at least 22 hours a day. These invisible braces or aligners have completely changed the pattern of treatment for various teeth issues. Furthermore, clear aligners are comparatively the latest orthodontic treatment utilized to arrange and straighten teeth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has majorly impacted the global dental market. During the initial phase of the pandemic, the imposed lockdown has negatively impacted the industry as routine dental care was not available because several dental practices were closed. Social distancing restrictions along with the mandate of wearing a face mask have hindered the dental industry across the globe.
Since dentistry is often considered a non-essential activity with high contact services, governments and other authorities decided to close all the dental offices or clinics during the pandemic. Due to this, the overall supply of these services and products was severely hampered during the pandemic. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic would hinder the overall growth of the clear aligners market.
Market Growth Factors:
Increase in the cases of dental problems
Dental problems are among the most common diseases across the globe. The cases of various dental and oral conditions like overbites, crooked teeth, underbites, spaces between teeth, crossbites, teeth overcrowding are increasing in the world. In addition, some dental diseases include dental caries, periodontal disease, temporomandibular disorders (TMD), and others, which are further creating a need for more advanced treatments and tools for fixing up the teeth.
High adoption and popularity of clear aligners among the population
There is an increase in the penetration of clear aligners among the population, which is estimated to fuel the growth of the clear aligners market in the upcoming years. In comparison to the traditional metal braces, clear aligners offer various benefits to the customers. Traditional metal braces are difficult to manage and restrict patients from eating their favorite food, which are motivating more people to adopt clear aligners over traditional braces since they are comfortable and flexible.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
High cost of clear aligners
Clear aligners are relatively high in cost than other conventional bracing methods. It is due to the advanced technologies used in making these aligners. People with any teeth deformities use these clear aligners as they are specially customized according to a person’s teeth imprints. A dentist recommends aligners for their benefits and thus, advises patients to opt for them. However, the high cost attached to these clear aligners would hinder its adoption in the market.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into hospitals, stand-alone practices, group practices, and others. The standalone practices segment acquired the largest revenue share in the market in 2020 and is estimated to showcase a promising growth rate during the forecast period. This is attributed to the fact that standalone practitioners are majorly using clear aligner systems and are fully integrated with the latest digital technologies.
Based on Age, the market is segmented into adult and teenage. In 2020, the adult segment acquired the biggest revenue share in the market. The increasing prevalence of various dental conditions such as malocclusion among the population, which affects a person’s life and can result in problems like disturbances of oral function like mastication, swallowing, and speech, impaired dentofacial aesthetics, and more susceptibility to trauma & periodontal disease.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 2.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 17,167.2 Million|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 28.7% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||143|
|Number of Tables||258|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||End User, Age, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America garnered the maximum revenue share in the clear aligners market in 2020 and is anticipated to register a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. It is due to the growing investment in R&D activities and the presence of various key market players that are making more efforts to attract new patents.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Clear Aligners Market size to reach USD 17,167.2 Million by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Dentsply Sirona, Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Institut Straumann AG, Henry Schein, Inc., 3M Company, Align Technology, Inc., TP Orthodontics, Inc., and Argen Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Clear Aligners Market
- Sep-2021: Align Technology entered into an agreement with Ultradent Products, a leading developer and manufacturer of high-tech dental materials, devices, and instruments worldwide. Under this agreement, Align would provide Invisalign trained doctors an exclusive professional whitening system along with the leading Opalescence PF whitening formula from Ultradent, optimized for usage with Invisalign clear aligners and Vivera retainers.
- Jul-2021: The 3M Oral Care unveiled Clarity Aligners Flex + Force: a new aligner system. This system would empower orthodontists to opt from two unique aligner materials in one treatment design and provides patients a personalized treatment experience.
- Jun-2021: Dentsply Sirona took over the assets of Propel Orthodontics, a Leading Innovator in Orthodontic Devices. This acquisition aimed to open lucrative growth opportunities for Dentsply Sirona to fuel innovation in the field of the clear aligner and orthodontic treatment.
- May-2021: Henry Schein Ireland introduced Reveal Clear Aligners for patients looking to improve their smile, with a treatment plan. This product is developed with patient comfort and aesthetics in mind, the aligners can decrease or remove the requirement for attachments in mild to moderate cases, featuring a smooth scalloped edge, which improves patient comfort.
- Apr-2021: Align Technology expanded its geographical footprint by opening a new manufacturing facility in Wroclaw, Poland. This new facility would enable it to fulfill the extensive and underpenetrated market opportunity in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
- Mar-2021: Dentsply Sirona extended its partnership with the North American Dental Group (NADG). This partnership aimed to enable NADG-supported dentists with more access to scanning & imaging solutions, which would improve patient treatment options.
- Feb-2021: Align Technology released Invisalign G8 with SmartForce Aligner Activation, the company’s latest biomechanics innovations. Invisalign G8 with the latest SmartForce Aligner Activation makes sure sufficient and constant activation in every aligner stage to assist doctors to get more of the desired movements from every aligner in the treatment of crossbite, crowding, and deep bite.
- Jan-2021: Dentsply Sirona acquired Byte, a leading direct-to-consumer, doctor-directed clear aligner company. This acquisition aimed to expand the market for orthodontic care by connecting additional patients with dental professionals and assisting them access quality oral healthcare.
- Sep-2020: Align Technology unveiled Invisalign Stickables, innovative sticker accessories. These accessories are developed for their usage with the patented SmartTrack material in Invisalign clear aligners. The product is available in a variety of colors, designs, shapes, and themes, which makes Invisalign Stickables, cool, engaging, and fun way for patients to show their personal flair, at the time of Invisalign treatment.
- Apr-2020: Align Technology acquired Exocad, a dental software company. This acquisition aimed to add Exocad’s experience in restorative dentistry, implantology, guided surgery and develop to Align’s technology portfolio that involves Invisalign clear-aligner orthodontic and iTero digital solutions.
- Nov-2019: Henry Schein released the Reveal Clear Aligners consumer education website. This website offers a comprehensive summary of the Company’s proprietary Reveal product, which provides general practitioners a clear aligner solution that enables patient comfort and aesthetics, and also offers excellent customer support with their unique array of marketing materials.
- May-2018: Henry Schein released its proprietary SLX clear aligner system. This system is a complete solution, which includes the popular sagittal-first Motion 3D technology, a proprietary portfolio of Henry Schein Orthodontics (HSO).
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End User
- Stand-alone practices
- Group practices
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- Envista Holdings Corporation
- Institut Straumann AG
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Align Technology, Inc.
- TP Orthodontics, Inc.
- Argen Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Clear Aligners Market Report 2021-2027
Europe Clear Aligners Market Report 2021-2027
Asia Pacific Clear Aligners Market Report 2021-2027
What would be the value of the global carrier screening market by 2027?
The carrier screening market size is projected to reach USD 17,167.2 million by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the carrier screening market?
Increase in the cases of dental problems are driving the market in coming years, however, high cost of clear aligners limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the carrier screening market?
Dentsply Sirona, Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Institut Straumann AG, Henry Schein, Inc., 3M Company, Align Technology, Inc., TP Orthodontics, Inc., and Argen Corporation.
At what CAGR is the carrier screening market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the carrier screening market is 28.7% from 2021 to 2027.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the carrier screening market over the forecast period?
The group practices segment is projected to display the highest growth rate during the forecast period. It is due to the fact that aligners help in reducing costs, and expand their earning potential along with the adoption of advanced technology.
Which region dominated the carrier screening market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Clear Aligners Market by Region in 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027; thereby, achieving a market value of $7,177.6 Million by 2027.