Global Advanced Packaging Market By Type (Flip-Chip Ball Grid Array, Flip Chip CSP, Wafer Level CSP, 2),5D/3D and others), By End User (Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare & Life Sciences and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Advanced Packaging Market
Market Report Description
The Global Advanced Packaging Market size is expected to reach $55.8 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 12.7% CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing need for advanced wafer packaging techniques for fast-growing IoT and next-generation mobile chipsets is influencing the advanced packaging market. Growing demands for high-performance gadgets in developing economies have kept the market progressively lucrative over the years. Increasing the adoption of AI in industrial automation will increase the demand for high-end chips manufactured using advanced packaging. In the advanced packaging market, lithography manufacturing processes have accumulated steam. Furthermore, heterogeneous integration techniques are being used to gather steam between packaging service providers.
Global Advanced Packaging Market Size
Advanced packaging has opened up a new paradigm of chip making and changed semiconductor processing processes. Foundries have increasingly benefited from the automation of advanced packaging processes, particularly underpinned by the increasing initiatives of electronic design automation. Efforts are being made to ensure that modern packaging satisfies the various conditions of power dissipation, field operation and, most notably, costs.
The growth of the specialized packaging industry also derives from the need for high-performance chips for a wide variety of consumer electronics. This has increased demand for 3D and 2.5D packaging in chips that are used in smartphones and several other mobile devices. In addition, developments in panel-level fan-out technology have also opened up new opportunities in the advanced packaging market.
Advanced Packaging Market Share
With the recent outbreak of COVID 19, the advanced packaging industry will see a reduction in growth owing to restrictions on the movement of goods and significant deterioration of the semiconductor supply chain. In addition, large-scale semiconductor vendors are operating with reduced capability due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus around the world.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Flip-Chip Ball Grid Array, Flip Chip CSP, Wafer Level CSP, 2.5D/3D and others. Based on End User, the market is segmented into Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare & Life Sciences and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Advanced Packaging Market to reach a market size of $55.8 billion by 2026
Advanced Packaging Market Cardinal Matrix
Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., and Qualcomm, Inc. are the forerunners in the Advanced Packaging Market. Companies such as Renesas Electronics Corporation, Amkor Technology, Inc., and Brewer Science, Inc., Microchip Technology, Inc., and Analog Devices, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Qualcomm, Inc., Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), Amkor Technology, Inc., Brewer Science, Inc., and MICROCHIP Technology, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Advanced Packaging Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2019: Samsung Electronics collaborated with Baidu, a leading Chinese-language Internet search provider. Following the collaboration, Baidu’s first cloud-to-edge AI accelerator, Baidu KUNLUN, has completed its development. Baidu KUNLUN chip is built on the company’s advanced XPU, a home-grown neural processor architecture for cloud, edge, and AI, as well as Samsung’s 14-nanometer (nm) process technology with its I-Cube (Interposer-Cube) package solution.
- Oct-2019: IBM Japan, Ltd. announced its collaboration with Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions Co., Ltd. Following the collaboration, the companies were aimed to develop and market a new high-value-added system to optimize the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) of customers’ semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Jun-2019: Intel Custom Foundry teamed up with The University of Southern California’s Viterbi Information Sciences Institute (ISI). The collaboration was formed on designing, fabricating, and packaging integrated circuits through its MOSIS unit. The collaboration integrated MOSIS's industry-leading integrated circuit manufacturing expertise with Intel's high-performance complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) fabrication and packaging technology.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Sep-2018: Renesas took over Integrated Device Technology (IDT), a company that develops complete mixed-signal, system-level semiconductor solutions. The acquisition strengthened its presence in the industrial and automotive segments.
- May-2017: Amkor Technology acquired NANIUM S.A., a world-class provider of wafer-level fan-out (WLFO) semiconductor packaging solutions. The acquisition strengthened Amkor’s position in the fast-growing market of wafer-level packaging for smartphones, tablets, and other applications.
- Feb-2017: Renesas Electronics announced the acquisition of Intersil Corporation, a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions. The acquisition combined the advanced technology and deep end-market expertise of the two companies and reinforced Renesas’ position as a leading global supplier delivering advanced embedded systems to customers.
- Jan-2016: Amkor Technology completed the acquisition of J-Devices, the largest OSAT in Japan, and the sixth-largest in the world. The acquisition reinforced Amkor’s position as the world’s second-largest OSAT.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- May-2020: Renesas Electronics introduced RA4W1 MCU, the first RA microcontroller (MCU) with an integrated Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy radio. The single-chip RA4W1 MCU includes a 48 MHz, 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4 core, and Bluetooth 5.0 core delivered in a 56-pin QFN package. Together, the RA4W1 MCU and easy-to-use Flexible Software Package (FSP) enabled engineers to immediately begin development with Arm ecosystem software and hardware building blocks that work out-of-the-box with RA MCUs.
- Jan-2020: Brewer Science unveiled its first material for permanent bonding. This new material is included within the Brewer Science product family of PermaSOL materials. The new material would address a range of needs identified for permanent bonding applications, which include low-temperature bonding, extreme chemical resistance, UV or thermal curable bonding process, and no material movement after cure.
- Oct-2019: Renesas Electronics released Renesas Advanced (RA) Family of 32-bit Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers (MCUs). RA MCUs provide the ultimate combination of optimized performance, security, connectivity, peripheral IP, and easy-to-use Flexible Software Package (FSP) for addressing the next generation of embedded solutions.
- Jul-2019: Intel launched three new packaging technologies named as Co-EMIB, Omni-Directional Interconnect (ODI), and Multi-Die I/O (MDIO). These technologies are built upon Intel's 2.5D EMIB and 3D Foveros tech and would bring near-monolithic power and performance to heterogeneous packages.
Scope of the Advanced Packaging Market Analysis
- Flip-Chip Ball Grid Array
- Flip Chip CSP
- Wafer Level CSP
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group)
- Amkor Technology, Inc.
- Brewer Science, Inc.
- Microchip Technology, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Advanced Packaging Market Related Reports:
How valuable the advanced packaging market be in the future?
The global advanced packaging market size is expected to reach $55.8 billion by 2026.
What factors are anticipated to drive advanced packaging market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the advanced packaging industry include integration of Semiconductor Components in Vehicles, Increase in demand for miniaturization of devices, and Improved system performances and optimization.
Who are the top market players in the advanced packaging industry?
Qualcomm, Inc., Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), Amkor Technology, Inc., Brewer Science, Inc., and MICROCHIP Technology, Inc.
Which segment shows dominated in advanced packaging market in 2019?
The Consumer Electronics market dominated the global advanced packaging market by End User 2019, growing at a CAGR of 11.8 % during the forecast period.