Global Smart Wiring Devices Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Smart Switches, Smart Outlets, Smart Dimmers, Smart Thermostat), By Application (Residential, Commercial and Industrial), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Smart Wiring Devices Market
Market Report Description
The Global Smart Wiring Devices Market size is expected to reach $14.4 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 10.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
A smart wiring device is an upgraded electronic solution, such as electrical switches, outlets, and other devices, that is integrated with wireless connectivity and may be remotely controlled via voice commands, a smartphone app, or other network-enabled devices. These devices offer enhanced energy efficiency, convenience, and security for residential, business, and industrial applications.
In addition, smart wiring devices are intended to enable users to optimize their energy consumption, reducing energy expenditures and contributing to a more sustainable future. Smart thermostats, for instance, may automatically alter the temperature to conserve energy based on their users' behavior. On the other hand, smart outlets and switches can be programmed to turn off appliances or lights when they're not in use, thereby reducing energy waste and power costs.
A smart dimmer is a device that controls the intensity of light. It accomplishes this by adjusting the electricity provided to the light bulb. This can be accomplished with an electronic circuit or a mechanical switch. Controlling the amount of light in a room is a typical dimmer application. Users can lessen a light's brightness by reducing the power it receives. There are both independent dimmers and dimmers that are incorporated into light switches. They are capable of dimming incandescent, fluorescent, and LED light sources.
Some dimmers feature a "night mode" that minimizes the amount of blue light emitted by bulbs. Supposedly, this facilitates a more restful night's sleep. A smart switch is a component that completes or pauses the electric current flow in an electrical circuit. A straightforward on/off switch may be utilized to turn lights and appliances on and off. However, devices like solenoids, motors, and LEDs can be controlled by more complicated switches.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The pandemic affected the construction industry, particularly on initiatives for smart cities, residences, and buildings. Construction project delays have a bad impact on the economy. Supply chain problems and a lack of investments in retail & commercial premises were the main causes. Lockdown measures implemented by the government to stop the virus' spread drastically decreased building foot traffic, leading to the insolvency of numerous important market players. The market for smart wiring devices experienced a fall in revenues and unit shipments in 2020 due to COVID-19. The market consequently showed signs of slowing during the pandemic period.
Market Growth Factors
Advent of IoT enabled HVAC systems
IoT has also penetrated the ventilation, heating, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry, resulting in unique and noteworthy improvements similar to how it has done in other verticals. For example, HVAC system management, data collection, and cloud data storage are all facilitated by IoT connections. In addition, the HVAC sector's collaboration with the Internet of Things has made it possible to regulate appliances remotely and offer greater customer-centric services. This will fuel market expansion.
Growing trend of smart homes
The trend of smart homes is emerging at a rapid pace. Artificial intelligence integration in smart home appliances for smart features is predicted to increase product demand. In addition, the increasing use of the internet and smartphones is accelerating the development of the internet- and smartphone-connected smart home devices. The rapid adoption of contemporary technologies like the internet of things (IoT), smart speech recognition, blockchain, and artificial intelligence (AI), among others, substantially impacted the market expansion. This is expected to contribute to the expansion of the market for smart wiring devices in the upcoming years.
Market Restraining Factor
High cost of installation
Standard cables pose a significant obstacle throughout the installation process. These blue C-wires give continuous electricity to a smart thermostat so that its software can run. In older homes, C-wires are typically absent, necessitating the usage of an adaptor. As a result, the user may have to run a cable from their thermostat to the closest power outlet, which may be problematic. Over the forecast period, the market expansion may be hampered by the installation's high cost and complications when installing smart wiring devices such as smart thermostats.
Product Type Outlook
Based on product type, the smart wiring devices market is segmented into smart switches, smart dimmers, smart thermostat, smart outlets and others. A network switch built to be handled by a network management system is known as a smart switch. The benefit of using smart switches is that they offer centralized network management, which can enhance performance and security. The expansion can be linked to the expanding acceptance of IoT-based home automation systems and the penetration of the electrical infrastructure.
By applications, the smart wiring devices market is bifurcated into residential, commercial, and industrial. In 2021, the commercial covered a considerable segment revenue share in the smart wiring devices market. The expansion could be attributed to the growing use of these devices in various industries, including hospitality, healthcare, and education. In addition, during the forecast period, the segment is also anticipated to be driven by the rising demand for sophisticated security systems at offices and governmental buildings.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 7.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 14.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.6% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||192|
|Number of Table||284|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Product Type, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the smart wiring market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. The North America region led the smart wiring devices market by generating the highest revenue share in 2021. This is because there are more primary sellers in the area and a greater awareness of energy consumption. The average cost of power is rising, which is prompting businesses, households, and other organizations to use smart energy solutions.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Smart Wiring Devices Market size to reach USD 14.4 Billion by 2028
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Smart Wiring Devices Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc. are the forerunners in the Smart Wiring Devices Market. Companies such as Legrand S.A., Johnson Controls International plc, and Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc. are some of the key innovators in Smart Wiring Devices Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Control4 Corporation (Snap One Holdings Corp.), Crestron Electronics, Inc., Legrand Group, Johnson Controls International plc, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc, and Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Smart Wiring Devices Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Feb-2023: Schneider collaborated with Sendal, Inc., the healthy home solution that connects smart devices. Under this collaboration, both companies would integrate digital air quality management through Schneider Electric’s Square D X Series Connected Wiring Devices ventilation system with the help of Sendal’s Breathe air quality management solution and intelligent home app to deliver a highly flexible, adaptable system of providing better air quality.
- Sep-2022: Siemens Smart Infrastructure teamed up with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a wireless tech innovator. Through this collaboration, companies are working together to reinterpret Building Automation by applying a 5G Private network powered by Snapdragon® X55 5G Modem-RF System in America. Moreover, the collaboration aims to further optimize digitalization in building automation by advancing the latest, more intelligent devices in the future.
- Oct-2021: Leviton partnered with HomeSphere, a digital marketplace connecting building products and residential homebuilders, and manufacturers. Following this partnership, Leviton now delivers substantial rebates on its core wiring products, Decora Smart family, and light fixtures of automated lighting options to both single-family and multifamily builders.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2023: Siemens Smart Infrastructure unveiled Connect Box, part of Siemens Xcelerator, and an open and simple-to-use IoT solution created to manage small to medium-sized buildings. The product would monitor building performance, with the ability to advance energy efficiency by more than 30 percent and considerably improve indoor air quality in small offices, schools, and retail.
- Jan-2023: Schneider Electric announced the launch of Schneider Home, a home energy management solution for those homeowners looking for comfort, energy independence and savings. The launched solution consists of a high-power solar inverter, a home battery for clean energy storage, an electric vehicle charger and connected electric sockets and a smart electrical panel to be controlled by the Schneider Home app.
- Jan-2023: Leviton Rolled-out the Decora Edge™ line of wiring devices, a faster, simple, and safer way to install electrical devices for the home. The product revolutionizes installation by allowing users to easily push stripped 12-gauge or 14-gauge electrical building wire into a termination port, and a lever that clicks into place, exiting the connection with comprehensive confidence.
- Oct-2022: ABB announced the launch of SmartTouch® 10”, the high-end touch panel made of glass that integrates ABB-Welcome door communication and smart home automation in one easily usable device. The product consists of a 0-inch IPS touch screen offering residents in hotels, commercial buildings, and homes advanced control. Additionally, the whole building installation including scene, shading, temperature control, and lighting would be controlled and managed by the innovative device.
- Sep-2022: Lutron Electronics introduced the Diva smart dimmer and the Claro smart switch to its Caséta offering. The product integrates the distinguishing look and easy user experience of the DIVA design with the Caséta suite, the area’s most connected smart lighting control system.
- Jun-2022: Leviton unveiled the Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen Scene Controller Switch, a substantial enhancement to its Decora Smart Wi-Fi product line and My Leviton platform, which provides a complete suite of Wi-Fi lighting and load controls with a solution for every home or room. The latest device features multiple user-customizable buttons to manage room scenes or comprehensive house lighting activities and also an already-made smart switch that can manage general-purpose lighting and loads up to 15A.
- Sep-2021: Legrand India Introduced Living Now, the revolutionary range of electric controls. This Launch allows users to choose various color plates that complement their room color. Additionally, the device consists of an aesthetic part, with 16 options for the cover plates and multiple different options for switching colors to fit in with various ways of living.
- Sep-2021: Schneider Electric introduced the Square D X and XD Series connected wiring devices, a full line of connected light switches, dimmers, and outlets automating the home's lighting, enabling distinct control of power and deliver energy usage at the plug level to advance home energy use. With this product, connected devices would be controlled easily through voice activation through a smart speaker or with the smartphone app.
- Aug-2021: Creston released AirMedia® Presentation Systems, a suite of wireless presentation devices purpose-built to back more efficient and intuitive meetings in the latest workplace with meeting control and one-touch presentation from any collaboration device. The product smoothly connects presentation, display capabilities, and collaboration together for the company workspace on the Creston Flex digital workplace platform.
- May-2021: Honeywell released MK Aria, a decorative spectrum of low-voltage wiring devices. The product addresses the requirements of discerning interior designers and real estate developers by delivering a larger level of elegance and style integrated with new technology that meets this evolving customer demand.
- Apr-2021: Crestron announced the launch of Horizon Thermostat, a touchscreen smart thermostat that ends the dreaded replaceable battery design for a simple two-wire install into any thermostat location. The product provides the powerful Creston backbone of control that stands behind and support end-to-end.
- Mar-2021: Leviton announced the launch of Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen, expanding the functionality and compatibility of Decora Smart Wi-Fi lighting control offering. The Decora Smart Wi-Fi features multiple products including 15A Switch, Mini Plug-in Switch, Mini-Plug-in Dimmer, and 600W Dimmer, which work with the free My Leviton app, and are compatible with Hey Google, Apple HomeKit/Siri, Amazon Alexa, and IFTT.
- Feb-2021: Legrand India launched Myrius Next Gen, a new range of wiring devices. Myrius Next Gen would be expected to create value and strengthen Legrand’s presence in the premium segment with its new-age technology. Additionally, the product segmented into the commercial and residential categories would focus on contractors, builders, electricians, developers, and consultants.
- Feb-2021: Honeywell unveiled the Honeywell E-Mon Class 6000 product range including Honeywell E-Mon Class 6200 Pulse Meter, a compact submeter that is diverse, field configurable, and reliable with revenue grade accuracy for higher cost distribution. The launch aimed to deliver fast and accurate tenant billing or to advance a building’s energy use.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Oct-2022: ABB took over ASKI Industrie Elektronik GmbH, a company engaged in the Environmental Services industry. This acquisition broadens ABB's digital energy management suite and boosts the development of ABB’s ecosystem of digital energy services. Additionally, the acquisition would allow ASKI Energy to bring to market the latest energy optimization and control features and technologies.
- Aug-2022: Siemens Smart Infrastructure acquired Brightly Software, a provider of asset and maintenance management solutions. This acquisition enhances Siemens Smart Infrastructure's position in the software market for built infrastructure and buildings. Additionally, Brightly Software's addition to the Siemens offer would boost the build-up of Siemens Smart Infrastructure’s SaaS business, allowing the companies to offer better performance and sustainability for built infrastructure.
- Aug-2022: Johnson Controls acquired Vindex Systems, a systems integrator providing intelligent business protection solutions. Following this acquisition, Johnson Control would strengthen its range of advanced and interconnected electronic security solutions created to protect property, people, and assets.
- Jan-2022: Johnson Controls acquired FogHorn, the foremost developer of Edge AI software. This acquisition would boost Johnson Controls' innovation and imagination for Smart Autonomous Buildings by seamlessly combining Foghorn's industry-leading Edge AI platform with OpenBlue.
- Oct-2021: Siemens Smart Infrastructure took over Wattsense, a simple and open IoT solution that enables users to monitor and control buildings of any size. The acquisition of Wattsense would boost the adoption of IoT systems in a broader range of buildings, bringing sustainability, comfort, and cost benefits to more people and businesses.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Feb-2023: Leviton expanded its geographical footprint in Camargo, Mexico by expanding its manufacturing facility. The new facility would house multiple latest production lines as well as a distribution center for highly efficient center for more efficient operations. Additionally, the company would add manufacturing and technology abilities that would enable the company to better serve its customers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product Type
- Smart Switches
- Smart Outlets
- Smart Dimmers
- Smart Thermostat
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- ABB Ltd.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Control4 Corporation (Snap One Holdings Corp.)
- Crestron Electronics, Inc.
- Legrand Group
- Johnson Controls International plc
- Lutron Electronics Co., Inc,
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Related Reports:="https://www.kbvresearch.com/north-america-smart-wiring-devices-market/">North America Smart Wiring Devices Market Report 2022-2028
Europe Smart Wiring Devices Market Report 2022-2028
Asia Pacific Smart Wiring Devices Market Report 2022-2028
What would be the size of the Smart Wiring Devices Market by 2028?
The global Smart Wiring Devices Market size is expected to reach $14.4 billion by 2028.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Smart Wiring Devices Market?
Advent of IoT enabled HVAC systems are driving the market in coming years, however, High cost of installation restraints the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Control4 Corporation (Snap One Holdings Corp.), Crestron Electronics, Inc., Legrand Group, Johnson Controls International plc, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc, and Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the Smart Wiring Devices Market in 2021?
The Residential segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Smart Wiring Devices Market by Application in 2021 thereby, achieving a market value of $7.5 billion by 2028.
Which region dominated the Smart Wiring Devices Market in 2021?
The North America market dominated the Global Smart Wiring Devices Market by Region in 2021, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2028; thereby, achieving a market value of $5 billion by 2028.