Global Motion Control Market By System (Closed Loop and Open Loop), By Component (Motors, Actuators & Mechanical systems, Motion Controllers, Sensor & Feedback Devices, Drives and Others), By End User (Automotive, Food & Beverage, Semiconductor & Electronics, Medical, Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics, Metal & Machinery Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Motion Control Market
Market Report Description
The Global Motion Control Market size is expected to reach $18.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 4.2% CAGR during the forecast period. A motion-control system initiates and also controls the load movement to perform work. This system is able to control the speed, position, and torque in a very precise manner. The motion control is used in those applications that require positioning of a product, synchronizing separate elements, or the quick start and stop of motion. Motion control systems consist of three basic components including a controller, amplifier or drive, and motor. The major factor that is driving the growth of the motion control market is the increasing adoption of advanced processes for factory automation.
In the past few years, there has been increased adoption of a motion control system as it is user-friendly and easy integration of the components in the motion control system. However, the higher cost of maintenance of motion control systems may hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, the Industrial Revolution 4.0 offers productive growth opportunities for the market players. There are numerous players in the motion control market and they are adopting different growth strategies such as product launch, business acquisition, product development, and business expansion to flourish in the market. For example, in 2018, Rockwell Automation brought an updated version of the Allen-Bradley Motion Analyzer software tool into the market. This updated software gives an optimized experience to users with workflow product selection and intuitive navigation. This in turn helps engineers to design complete motion control systems that work efficiently for their machines.
In the COVID-19 crisis, there is increasing adoption of automation in industrial facilities as it is beneficial in securing the health and safety of the employee. Moreover, high adoption of automated processes in the manufacturing sector, and safety-enabled output in industries owing to strict safety rules posed by governments are some of the factors fueling the market. Over past few years, with the advancement in technology, industrial robots are highly in demand especially in the manufacturing processes as well as integration of IoT in motion control systems is expected to drive the growth of the motion control market.
Based on System, the market is segmented into Closed Loop and Open Loop. The closed-loop system is likely to have the highest revenue share of the Motion Control market by the end of 2026. Since the closed-loop systems are automated, and it doesn’t require any human intervention, their adoption rate has been increased. The inputs of the system can be automatically adjusted by a closed-loop system, and it helps in improving the stability of a system.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Motors, Actuators & Mechanical systems, Motion Controllers, Sensor & Feedback Devices, Drives and Others. There is a higher demand for controllers, servo drives, and motors as they are helpful in improving the efficiency of manufacturing and production facilities in the automotive industry. The controllers, drives, and motors are essential components of motion control systems. Furthermore, the worldwide demand for motion control components is also surging as they enhance the efficiency of manufacturing facilities and production processes in the automotive industry.
By End User
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Automotive, Food & Beverage, Semiconductor & Electronics, Medical, Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics, Metal & Machinery Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense and Others. In terms of both manufacturing and technology, the industry is experiencing rapid developments. Automobile companies are focused to upgrade their systems, including inspection and networking capabilities. This is advantageous for the manufacturer to integrate motor control to produce a better, and cheaper product in lesser time.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 14.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 18.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.2% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||284|
|Number of Tables||414|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Analysis|
|Segments covered||System, Component, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Motion Control Market to reach a market size of $18.1 Billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific is emerging as one of the most significant manufacturers of safety motion control devices as there is increasing adoption of automation in several end-user industries in the region. Increased adoption of advanced tools in the region is mainly due to growing energy concern and thus many companies are motivated to invest in machine safety devices, and this will drive the growth market. Asia-pacific is also a manufacturing hub for numerous global markets, and automation is the main requirement in these facilities.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Motion Control Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Schneider Electric SE, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Siemens AG are the forerunners in the Motion Control Market. Companies such as Parker-Hannifin Corporation, ABB Group, FANUC Corporation, Rockwell Automation, Inc., and Omron Corporation are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include ABB Group, Robert Bosch GmbH, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Omron Corporation, FANUC Corporation and Yaskawa Electric Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Motion Control Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Oct-2020: Rockwell Automation came into partnership with PTC, an American computer software and services company. This alliance streamlined both companies’ commercial efforts to extend a comprehensive digital thread solution, from upfront design through operate, maintain, and optimize-lifecycle stages. In this partnership, both the organizations use each other’s resources, technologies, industry expertise, and market presence to seamlessly serve their customers through 2023 and beyond.
- Oct-2020: Schneider Electric signed a partnership agreement with Semiotic Labs, a provider of an AI-driven predictive maintenance solution for AC motors and rotating equipment. This partnership broadened Schneider’s managed service portfolio to support the monitoring of rotating equipment including induction motors, pumps, conveyors, and compressors.
- Sep-2020: Yaskawa signed an agreement with Phoenix Contact, a manufacturer of automation solutions. Under this agreement, Yaskawa used PLCnext Technology from Phoenix Contact in the development of the next generation machine controller and PLC platform realizing the i³-Mechatronics solution concept.
- Jan-2020: ABB signed an agreement with SMS Machine Automation, a machine automation company, and supplier of components and machine systems. Following the agreement, SMS became the first UK-based value provider technical distributor for ABB motion control products. SMS distributes servo motors, servo drives, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Dec-2019: FANUC came into partnership with Soft Robotics, an innovative robotics pioneer. The partnership aimed to help users of FANUC robots to directly program and implement Soft Robotics proprietary technology into their workstreams, and Soft Robotics mGrip system and FANUC optimized control system with robots are available for purchase through FANUC's global network.
- Dec-2019: Mitsubishi partnered with Realtime Robotics, a developer of a specialized processor for generating safe robot motion. Under this partnership, Mitsubishi extended Cobot Capabilities to Industrial Robots with the investment in Realtime Robotics to bring its technological capabilities into Mitsubishi’s range of robotic applications.
- May-2019: Schneider Electric partnered with AutoGrid, the leader in flexibility management software for the energy industry. The partnership aimed to drive new AI and machine learning solutions for utilities and commercial and industrial companies.
- Apr-2019: Omron entered into a partnership with the Voelker Controls Company. Under this partnership, Voelker Controls became the authorized distributor of Omron automation products for the Southern Ohio market and assisted its customers to achieved traceability and improved quality.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Nov-2020: Schneider Electric acquired the controlling stake in ETAP Automation, the leading software platform for electrical power systems modeling and simulation. This acquisition complemented Schneider’s existing software portfolio for electric power systems.
- Oct-2020: ABB took over Codian Robotics B.V., a leading provider of delta robots. The acquisition aimed to increase ABB's engagement in the growing field of delta robots.
- Aug-2020: Schneider Electric announced the merger of Larsen & Toubro’s Electrical & Automation business and Schneider Electric India’s Low Voltage and Industrial Automation Product business. The combined company is named Schneider Electric India Private Limited (“SEIPL”). SEIPL is working in the market with its two distinct portfolio brands, L&T’s Electrical & Automation business and Schneider Electric, along with separate sales teams and partner networks.
- Aug-2020: Schneider took over the ProLeiT AG, a medium-sized IT company. This acquisition expanded Schneider's portfolio and reinforced its commitment to holistic and software-supported automation.
- Jan-2020: Siemens acquired C&S Electric Limited, a manufacturer of electrical equipment. The acquisition strengthened Siemens’ position as the main supplier of low-voltage power distribution and electrical installation technology in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
- Oct-2019: Parker Hannifin Corporation took over the LORD Corporation, a leading manufacturer of advanced adhesives and coatings. This acquisition strengthened its technology portfolio by significantly bolstering its position in engineered materials.
- May-2019: Mitsubishi Electric took over Iconics, an industrial automation provider. The acquisition strengthened Mitsubishi’s software portfolio and technology for the manufacturing, industrial, and building automation markets.
- Jan-2019: Bosch acquired EM-motive, a European manufacturer of electric motors. This acquisition helped Bosch to become the market leader for electromobility and strengthened its presence in the market.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2020: Omron introduced its new 1S Series AC Servo System with Safety Functionality. A new model was added to the 1S Series to achieve safer manufacturing environments and higher productivity in the digital, food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and other industries.
- Nov-2020: Rockwell launched Kinetix 5300 servo drive. This drive is a high-performance, scalable Kinetix integrated motion drive. The Kinetix 5300 servo drive integrated CIP Motion solution for global machine builders designing market-competitive machines that increases the performance and uses a single design environment for control and motion.
- Nov-2020: Rockwell Automation introduced new capabilities for FactoryTalk InnovationSuite. These capabilities helped in simplifying, scaling, and accelerating digital transformation for industrial organizations.
- Nov-2020: Rockwell Automation unveiled LifecycleIQ Services. These services expanded ways for customers to engage with Rockwell Automation technology and highly trained professionals to enhance their performance and reimagine what’s possible across their industrial value chain.
- Oct-2020: Bosch introduced a new e-commerce portal, BuyRexroth.com. This portal provides the access to select authorized Bosch Rexroth products and features user-friendly search options, purchase by credit card, and same-day shipping.
- Oct-2020: Rockwell introduced the new CENTERLINE 2500 Motor Control Centers with SecureConnect technology. The new centers are available in 2 to 10 modules and are the same size as a standard unit and designed for offshore oil and gas applications due to their enhanced safety features.
- Sep-2020: Siemens unveiled New Sinumerik ONE CNC, the first Digital Native Machine Tool Controller. The controller works with software to make the machine controller and its associated digital twin from one engineering system and hence comes up with the seamless integration of hardware and software.
- Jul-2020: Parker Hannifin broadened its Parker Servo Drive family range with the launch of a fully programmable drive. The new PSD drive is stand-alone, fully programmable through IEC (International electrotechnical commission) 61131-3 with runtime based on the widely distributed CODESYS V3.
- Jul-2020: Omron launched the world's first Robotics Integrated Controller. It synchronized automation technology so that customers can enhance the speed and accuracy of their production and simulated entire production equipment without having to implement physical equipment, simplify maintenance, and reduce time-to-market during the design, planning, commissioning, and changeover processes.
- Jun-2020: Schneider Electric launched its expanded E-commerce platform. This new platform hosts a broad range of Schneider Electric’s B2B products, including its entire home products range. By this launch, the company also expanded its geographical footprint.
- May-2020: Omron unveiled its new CP2E Series all-in-one controller. It provides advanced control that allows IIoT connectivity for compact machines. The controller enhances manufacturing productivity and quality to visualize the performance and data of connected machines through simple programming.
- Apr-2020: Mitsubishi Electric launched its MELSERVO-J5 series of AC servo motors, amplifiers, and motion control units. This new MELSERVO-J5 series has a quick tuning function that allows users to quickly and reliably tune their servo mechanism in approximately 0.3 seconds.
- Dec-2019: FANUC introduced its Industrial IoT platform FIELD system. The FIELD system connects various production machines such as robots or machining centers of different generations from all manufacturers in a plant and hence allows a comprehensive data analysis along the entire process chain.
- Nov-2019: B&R, a division of ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation business combined its automation portfolio into ABB robots. Following the integration, B&R launched the first fully integrated Machine-Centric Robotics solution. With this solution, B&R aimed to supply machine automation and robotics from a single source.
- Nov-2019: Siemens introduced its product portfolio of technology CPUs with the Simatic Drive Controller. The new controller integrated a Simatic S7-1500 controller with motion control, technology, and safety functionality with a Sinamics S120 drive control in one device, hence it saves space. The high performance of the new controller benefits in applications with many axes where a multi-axis drive system is used.
- Oct-2019: Yaskawa launched Sigma Trac II series linear servo motors stages to the Sigma-7 servo family. The product integrated the Yaskawa SGLF2 series linear motor with linear bearings, cable management, high resolution absolute optical scale, and optional bellows to make a turnkey linear stage.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Closed Loop
- Open Loop
- Actuators & Mechanical systems
- Motion Controllers
- Sensor & Feedback Devices
By End User
- Food & Beverage
- Semiconductor & Electronics
- Medical, Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
- Metal & Machinery Manufacturing
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- ABB Group
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- Omron Corporation
- FANUC Corporation
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Motion Control Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global motion control market by 2026?
The motion control market size is projected to reach USD 18.1 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive motion control industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the motion control industry include increased adoption of automated and advanced processes in the manufacturing sector.
Which segment dominated the motion control market in 2019?
The Automotive market dominated the Global Motion Control Market by End User 2019. Robots have gained popularity and become a major component of automation and advanced automotive manufacturing trend across the globe.
Who are the top market players in the motion control industry?
ABB Group, Robert Bosch GmbH, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Omron Corporation, FANUC Corporation and Yaskawa Electric Corporation.