Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Chipset Market By Chip Type (Graphic Processing Unit (GPU), Central Processing Unit (CPU), Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC)), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the High Performance Computing (HPC) Chipset Market
The Global High Performance Computing (HPC) Chipset Market size is expected to reach $12.7 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 20.8% CAGR during the forecast period. High-performance computing (HPC) can perform complicated calculations at high speeds and possesses the ability to process large datasets. The method of aggregating computing power is termed as high-performance computing. This technology offers much superior performance than traditional desktop computers or workstations to address big issues in engineering, business, or science.
The global high-performance computing market is expected to be driven by many factors such as growing investments in artificial intelligence (AI), engineering, and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), which requires electronic design automation (EDA). Moreover, various hardware providers are consistently investing in creating solutions that enhance these capabilities, which in turn, expected to augment the growth of the HPC chipset market over the upcoming years. The requirement to maintain consistent quality, combined with the increasing demand for short product development cycles (PLCs), is not possible to manage in real-time without using suitable tools & advanced technologies.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to considerably impact the global HPC market. The growth of the market has hampered as numerous new ventures & projects across the world have been stopped. In addition, end-use industries are confronting with significant challenges due to this pandemic, which may decline the growth of the HPC chipset market. Majorly, manufacturing units & supply chains are disrupted across the world and hence, there is only a temporary impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the HPC chipset market.
Chip Type Outlook
Based on Chip Type, the market is segmented into Graphic Processing Unit (GPU), Central Processing Unit (CPU), Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). GPU segment procured the highest revenue of the market in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a prominent growth rate during the forecast period. The growth of the GPU segment in the HPC chipset industry is supported by the huge parallel processing capability of the graphical processing unit (GPU).
|Market size value in 2019||USD 4.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 12.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 20.8% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||150|
|Number of Tables||180|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Chip Type, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The North American region has emerged as the early adopter of new technologies which is fuelled by health technology advancements in the United States & Canada. Many leading players have their presence in the region such as AMD, NVIDIA, HPE, Microsoft, and HPE, the demand for high-performance computing in the region is anticipated to observe considerable growth.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Intel Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM Corporation, Google, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, MediaTek, Inc., and Achronix Semiconductor Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in High Performance Computing (HPC) Chipset Market
- Jan-2021: Intel launched the new N-series 10-nanometer Intel Pentium Silver and Intel Celeron processors. These processors provide an unmatched balance of performance, media and collaboration for education systems.
- Nov-2020: IBM signed a joint development agreement with AMD for enhancing and extending the security and Artificial Intelligence (AI) offerings of both the companies. The agreement aimed to expand this vision by building upon open-source software, open standards, and open system architectures for driving 'confidential computing' in hybrid cloud environments.
- Oct-2020: AMD completed the acquisition of Xilinx, an American technology company. Both the companies would merge to create a new high-performance computing company. Xilinx’s technology would be integrated into AMD’s products for actualizing a highly integrated CPU+FPGA solution.
- Sep-2020: NVIDIA agreed to acquire British chip designer Arm, from SoftBankWe. The acquisition aims to maintain its open-licensing model and customer neutrality, offering customers in any industry, across the world, and would further expand Arm’s IP licensing portfolio with NVIDIA’s world-leading GPU and AI technology.
- Nov-2019: Intel introduced the new GPU Architecture with High-Performance Computing and AI Acceleration, and oneAPI Software Stack with Unified and Scalable Abstraction for Heterogeneous Architectures. The company launched its vision for accelerating its leadership in the convergence of high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI) with new additions to its data-centric silicon portfolio and a new software initiative.
- Jun-2019: AMD came into partnership with Samsung Exynos. Following this partnership, Samsung licensed AMD’s Radeon graphics technologies for use in mobile applications including smartphones. Samsung uses ultra-low power high-performance mobile graphics IP based on AMD Radeon graphics technologies for use in its devices.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Chip Type
- Graphic Processing Unit (GPU)
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Intel Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Google, Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Lattice Semiconductor Corporation
- MediaTek, Inc.
- Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
High Performance Computing (HPC) Chipset Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of high performance computing chipset market by 2026?
The global high performance computing chipset market size is expected to reach $12.7 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive high performance computing chipset market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the high performance computing chipset industry include massive requirement for high-speed data processing with precision.
Has COVID-19 impacted the high performance computing chipset market?
Yes, The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a strong impact on the global HPC chipset market. Moreover, the growth of the HPC chipset market is expected to hamper as this pandemic brought a lot of challenges for leading industries.
At what CAGR is the high performance computing chipset market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of high performance computing chipset market is 20.8% from 2020 to 2026.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Intel Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM Corporation, Google, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, MediaTek, Inc., and Achronix Semiconductor Corporation.