Global Gluten-free Oats Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Rolled Oats, Instant Oats, and Steel-Cut Oats), By Flavor (Unflavored, and Flavored), By Distribution Channel, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Gluten-free Oats Market
Market Report Description
The Global Gluten-free Oats Market size is expected to reach $334.4 million by 2029, rising at a market growth of 7.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
Rolled oats are the majorly consumed gluten-free oats as these are simple to prepare. Thereby, Roalled Oats generated $169.4 million revenue in the market in 2022. Nowadays, wheat grain has been modified to produce crops that are more drought-resistant and bake easier, the incidence of gluten intolerance is rapidly increasing around the world. Because people are now consuming more wheat products than ever, stomachs have not adjusted to these changes as rapidly. Additionally, persons who constantly follow diets are vitamin deficient. They obstruct the body's capacity to control immunological cells. These eating plans prevent the immune system from fighting gluten irritants. Some of the factors impacting the market are the increasing popularity of veganism, health advantages associated with oats consumption, and limitation in oats consumption.
The majority of the world is transitioning towards diets based on plants. In recent years, the term vegan has shifted to plant-based, making this diet more appealing to a broader spectrum of individuals. Nowadays, it is so simple to locate plant-based substitutes for anything. Even more, restaurants offer or have raised the number of plant-based options and products on their menus. In comparison to enriched or refined carbohydrates, steel-cut or rolled oats (the kind that is unsweetened and unflavored) have a low glycemic index rating. Different studies have shown that They can avoid energy peaks and valleys. Slow-releasing carbs from oatmeal help manage blood sugar levels and maintain enduring energy. It is projected that these variables will hasten the expansion of the gluten-free oats market during the forecasted period.
However, only celiac disease patients who are in remission, and even then, only in moderation, are advised to consume oats. It has been discussed that some oat kinds can be immunogenic (toxic) to celiac patients, and some may experience unfavorable immunological reactions to oat proteins. Oat should be eliminated from the diet if a negative immunological reaction is linked to oat eating or if anti-tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies rise. This will limit their uptake, restricting market expansion.
Product Type Outlook
Based on product Type, the gluten-free oats market is segmented into rolled oats, steel-cut oats and instant oats. The rolled oats segment dominated the gluten-free oats market with maximum revenue share in 2022. This is due to the increased production and consumption of rolled oats in important regions. Oatmeal breakfast bowls, baked dishes, and other recipes call for rolled oats, which are simple to prepare. Also, consumers are looking for convenient and adaptable items to use in their cooking and food preparation as hectic lifestyles grow more common, which is expected to propel the segment's growth.
On the basis of flavor, the gluten-free oats market is divided into flavored and unflavored. The flavored segment procured a substantial revenue share in the gluten-free oats market in 2022. This is because they are high in fiber & protein, simple to prepare, and available in various flavors. Market players are continuously introducing new flavors and combinations to fulfil consumer demand, like apple cinnamon, blueberry, and maple brown sugar. In addition, the rise of e-commerce has made it much easier for customers to purchase various flavored oats from various brands, which has fueled the segment's growth.
Distribution channel Outlook
By distribution channel, the gluten-free oats market is classified into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, online retail and others (specialty stores). The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment witnessed the largest revenue share in the gluten-free oats market in 2022. This is due to the fact that manufacturers are making investments in research and development to enhance the quality and flavor of their products, as well as to create novel gluten-free oat-based products. This has resulted in the introduction of new gluten-free oat-based products, such as munchies, granola, and breakfast cereals, which have drawn consumers and fueled the segment's growth.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 206.1 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 334.4 Million|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.3% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||197|
|Number of Table||350|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Flavor, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region-wise, the gluten-free oats market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The Europe region registered the maximum revenue share in the gluten-free oats market in 2022. This is owing to the significant market for gluten-free oats, with regional countries demonstrating significant demand for gluten-free goods, including oats. The European market is driven by the rising prevalence of gluten-related disorders, the growing consumer awareness of gluten-free diets, and the expanding health consciousness.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Gluten-free Oats Market size to reach USD 334.4 Million by 2029
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc., General Mills, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc. (The Quaker Oats Company), Thrive Market, Inc., B&G Foods, Inc., Cargill, Incorporated, Glebe Farm Foods Limited, Bakery On Main, Purely Elizabeth, LLC, and Nature’s Path Foods, Inc.
Strategies Deployed in the Market
- Mar-2023: General Mills introduced Cheerios Oat Crunch Berry, a sweetened multigrain cereal. The cereal is a part of Cheerios product line. The cereal contains 29 grams of whole grain, 3 grams of dietary fiber, and 4 grams of protein.
- Dec-2022: General Mills introduced Lucky Charms S’mores cereal and Hot Wheels Cereal to its cereal product offerings. The Lucky Charms S’mores cereal are chocolate-flavored cereals, and the Hot Wheels Cereal are fruity flavoured corn puff cereals, additionally, the hot wheels cereals allow the consumer to collect four different box styles and make cars by cutting materials.
- Sep-2022: Quaker unveiled Quaker Oats Muesli, a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal. The new breakfast cereal contains nutrients of 5 grains, 22% fruit, seeds, and nuts. Quaker Oats Muesli is available in two variants, berries & seeds, and fruit & nut.
- Aug-2022: Purely Elizabeth announced the launch of Superfood Cereal equipped with Vitamin D. The cereal is available in two variants, Honey Peanut Butter, and Vanilla Blueberry Almond, and is made of organic oats, sweetened with coconut sugar, and with no added artificial flavors.
- Nov-2021: Nature's Path acquired Anita's Organic Mill, a Canada-based producer of grains and organic flours. This acquisition expands the acquiring company's brand portfolio. Further, the addition of Anita's Organic Mill complements Nature's Path aim to positively mold people's health through its organic products.
- May-2021: General Mills launched Big G Instant Oatmeals. The recently launched oatmeals are available in various flavors, cinnamon toast crunch, Trix and cocoa puffs, and lucky charms.
- Sep-2020: Glebe Farm Foods released PureOaty, an oat-based drink. The oat drink is made using the following ingredients, British gluten-free oats, sunflower oil, salt, and water. PureOaty is low in calories as well as sugar and is an alternative to dairy milk.
- Feb-2019: Bakery On Main introduced an unsweetened version of the oatmeal cup. The unsweetened version is a part of the company's Organic Oats & Happiness Oatmeal Cups product range. This new version integrates organic ingredients like whole grain oats, quinoa, chia seeds, flax seeds, and amaranth, and is a great source of ALA, and fiber.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product Type
- Rolled Oats
- Instant Oats
- Steel-Cut Oats
By Distribution Channel
- Online Retail
- Convenience Stores
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc.
- General Mills, Inc.
- PepsiCo, Inc. (The Quaker Oats Company)
- Thrive Market, Inc.
- B&G Foods, Inc.
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Glebe Farm Foods Limited
- Bakery On Main
- Purely Elizabeth, LLC
- Nature’s Path Foods, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 334.4 million by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Health advantages associated with oats consumption are driving the Market in coming years, however, Limitation in oats consumption restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc., General Mills, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc. (The Quaker Oats Company), Thrive Market, Inc., B&G Foods, Inc., Cargill, Incorporated, Glebe Farm Foods Limited, Bakery On Main, Purely Elizabeth, LLC, and Nature’s Path Foods, Inc.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of this Market over the forecast period?
The Online Retail segment has shown the high growth rate of 7.5% during (2023 - 2029).
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Unflavored segment is leading the Market by Flavor in 2022 thereby, achieving a market value of $273.4 Million by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The Europe segment dominated the Global Gluten-free Oats Market by Region in 2022 and would continue to be a dominant market till 2029; thereby, achieving a market value of $116.1 Million by 2029.