Global Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Component, By Solution Type, By Services Type, By Organization Type, By Deployment Mode, By Vertical, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market
Market Report Description
The Global Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market size is expected to reach $25.8 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 26.7% CAGR during the forecast period.
Enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) can be defined as a service that allows users to save files like images, documents, and videos in the cloud or on-premises storage and subsequently access them from multiple computers. In addition, to aid users in storing, reviewing, editing, and sharing files, EFSS services incorporate features such as live document version tracking, commenting, and workflow process management.
Employees can perform collaboration, communications, and content management responsibilities with the help of enterprise file-sharing technologies, which provide an integrated framework. Moreover, some of the prominent growth catalysts for the market are increased security and privacy concerns, as well as a significant change in businesses from traditional file-sharing methods to digital methods.
Enterprise file synchronization and sharing refer to a software solution that allows businesses to securely synchronize and share documents, photographs, videos, and files. Additionally, these technologies are used by businesses to help employees avoid utilizing consumer-based file sharing applications and software to store, access, and manage data. An enterprise workstation, for example, is likely to run Windows, Mac OS, or Linux. In contrast, the operating systems utilized by their staff on mobile devices like tablets and smartphones are Android and iOS. It is quite difficult for an organization or institution to develop a solution that supports all of these platforms. As a result, many vendors in the market offering EFSS solutions have emerged.
Factors such as growth in the number of digital workplaces and mobile workforces, an increase in employee & corporate collaboration and strict government restrictions, and companies’ focus on security elements of corporate data would fuel the growth of the industry during the forecasting period. However, a significant cost of EFSS systems is likely to hamper the growth of the industry in the coming years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 prompted many businesses and educational institutions to digitally transform their workplaces and educational institutions in order to operate effectively. Companies who rely on modern technologies like cloud, AI, and IoT to rethink their business model for the future by accelerating digital transformation would remain competitive. In addition, even organizations that are opposed to the concept of a distributed workforce have been obliged to allow employees to work from home so that work can be completed even during the stringent lockdown guidelines. Moreover, rising digital workplace and mobile workforce trends have been the driving drivers during the pandemic period.
Market Growth Factors:
Digital workplace and mobile workforce are on the rise
By reinventing work culture, group cooperation, and legacy business systems, the digital workplace has rejuvenated companies' business processes. Businesses have embraced the digital workplace trend to deal with new business operations and innovative technologies. n addition, the digital workplace improves staff collaboration and productivity, improves business decision-making, expands customer reach via social media, successfully engages customers, and generates more income. In addition to the digital workplace trend, businesses are increasingly embracing the mobile workforce trend, which is being fuelled by the spread of smartphones among the workforce.
Cloud-based solutions are becoming more popular
EFSS suppliers now offer cloud-based EFSS solutions to customers all over the world, due to developments in cloud computing, data centers, and network infrastructure. In addition, customers profit from the cloud model in a variety of ways. Scalability, flexibility, simplicity of access, multi-device support, and cheaper costs are just a few of the advantages. As a result, large corporations and small businesses are rapidly adopting cloud-based EFSS systems. EFSS systems have helped organizations and employees become more productive over the last couple of years. Previously, the exorbitant cost of on-premises solutions made these solutions a distant dream for enterprises, particularly SMEs.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Concerns about data privacy and security are on the rise
The EFSS solution enables businesses to access and share corporate data across multiple devices while also benefiting employees, partners, and customers in a variety of ways. The majority of EFSS systems, on the other hand, do not meet the compliance and security needs of highly regulated businesses. The absence of security elements may result in the disclosure of sensitive company information. In addition, threats like viruses, malware, worms, and other malicious software programs can exploit any security flaws in products, services, and networks, either directly or indirectly (via third-party providers). Moreover, attackers employ a variety of methods to get illegal access to data and software, and these attacks are hard to detect with typical EFSS solutions.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Solution and Services. Based on Solution Type, the market is segmented into Standalone and Integrated. Based on Services Type, the market is segmented into Professional Services and Managed. In 2020, the Solutions segment acquired the largest revenue share of the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market. Employees, coworkers, partners, clients, and other company stakeholders can access and share files of any size with ease with EFSS solutions. To comply with regulatory compliances and data privacy standards, business files have confidential that must be transferred over a secure channel. Hence, companies are adopting solutions in order to tackle the growing complexities in today’s business landscape.
Organization Type Outlook
Based on Organization Type, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises and Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). The Small & Medium-sized Enterprises segment held a significant revenue share of the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market in 2020. This is because SMEs have discovered that EFSS solutions can increase their overall business productivity, make their business processes more agile, and give succinct information with shorter response times.
Deployment Mode Outlook
Based on Deployment Mode, the market is segmented into Cloud and On-premise. In 2020, the Cloud segment garnered the maximum revenue share of the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing Market. This is because Cloud computing is one of today's most powerful technologies. It has had an impact on every industry. The SaaS model is used in cloud-based systems, where customers can theoretically access EFSS solutions via the internet. EFSS solutions are offered via the cloud in this deployment style. Flexibility, scalability, affordability, operational efficiencies, and minimal expenses are all advantages of using cloud-based EFSS solutions.
Based on Vertical, the market is segmented into BFSI, Software & Technology, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare, Education & Legal, Retail and Others. In 2020, the BFSI segment obtained the maximum revenue share of the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market. BFSI is the most severely regulated sector vertical in the world, and it faces difficulties including data leaks and security. These regulations demand that files be shared in a secure manner. In addition, EFSS solutions allow BSFI stakeholders to securely share and access files, encourage a paperless office, empower mobile agents, enhance vendor management, update important document procedures, streamline the customer experience, and speed up information flow.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 5.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 25.8 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 26.7% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||372|
|Number of Tables||613|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Organization Size, Deployment Mode, Vertical, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2020, North America emerged as the leading region in the overall Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market. Moreover, the regional market is likely to showcase a similar kind of trend even during the forecasting period. This is attributed to the large-scale implementations of EFSS solutions by organizations over the last few years. In addition, this region has been exceptionally quick to incorporate the latest technical breakthroughs, such as mobile devices, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT), into businesses. To transform their employees' journeys, companies in this region have chosen a mobile-first strategy. Improved network technology, the development of mobile workforces, advanced mobile platforms, and SaaS flexibility are all important growth drivers for this sector.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships, Agreements, and Collaborations. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Microsoft Corporation and Google LLC are the forerunners in the Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market. Companies such as Box, Inc., OpenText Corporation, and VMware, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include IBM Corporation, Box, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, VMware, Inc., Google LLC, OpenText Corporation, Thomson Reuters Corporation, Dropbox, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., and BlackBerry Limited.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Oct-2021: Google formed a partnership with Vi Business, the enterprise arm of Vodafone Idea. Under this partnership, Vi Business would provide the Google Workspace collaboration solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and startups with its Vi Business Plus plan. Moreover, Google Workspace would empower Vi Business Plus customers with productivity applications like Google Meet, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Calendar at no additional charges. Vi Business Plus customers can mix and match plans to access various features like real-time collaboration and communication, editing, preventing data loss, data security, streamlined sharing of files, digitally sign and encrypt Gmail messages among others.
- Jul-2021: OpenText collaborated with SAP SE, a German multinational software corporation. Under this collaboration, OpenText Cloud Editions (CE) 21.3 includes the availability of OpenText Core Share for SAP Solutions, an exciting, new offering that further enhances the portfolio of OpenText cloud solutions for SAP customers. Moreover, Core Share for SAP is an SAP-validated cloud-based solution that allows clients to safely share, collaborate on, and synchronize documents outside of the firewall, all without having to leave the SAP application.
- Feb-2021: Google Cloud teamed up with Nasuni Corporation, a leading provider of cloud file storage. Through this collaboration, the two companies would jointly fulfill the rising requirements for enterprise file storage that is simple, reliable, and low cost. Moreover, the integration between Nasuni’s cloud-native file storage platform and Google Cloud’s object storage offers high-performance primary file storage, backup, disaster recovery (DR), edge caching, and multi-site file synchronization, all for up to 70% less than conventional file infrastructures.
- Jan-2021: Microsoft formed a partnership with Sitecore, the global leader in digital experience and content management software. Following the partnership, the market-leading digital experience solutions of Sitecore would be available through Sitecore Managed Cloud services from the Microsoft Middle East Cloud regions in the UAE. With Sitecore Managed Cloud available through the Middle East data centers of Microsoft, UAE companies spanning across all industries can effortlessly scale to the Microsoft trusted cloud with agility, while creating more business resilience and communicating with customers in completely new ways.
- Aug-2020: Microsoft partnered with Samsung Electronics, a South Korean multinational electronics corporation. Following the partnership, the two companies aimed to bring frictionless productivity experiences across applications, devices, and services. Under this partnership, the most renowned productivity solutions of Microsoft including Enhanced Outlook Experience, OneDrive Cloud Storage, and Seamlessly Flow between PC and Mobile, would be combined into Galaxy products and services, beginning with Galaxy Note10.
- Jan-2020: Microsoft formed an extended partnership with Fujitsu, a Japanese multinational information and communications technology. Through this partnership, the two companies would offer customers a one-stop-shop PRIMEFLEX solution for streamlined access to their data stored on Microsoft Azure such as consulting, implementation and support.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Mar-2021: Dropbox took over Docsend, a secure document-sharing startup. The acquisition would enable its customers to share and monitor documents utilizing a safe link. Following the implementation of DocSend, Dropbox would offer a platform for constantly safe workflows for document exchange.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Nov-2021: AppSmart introduced finalized authorization to provide its Dropbox products such as Dropbox Business Suite, HelloSign, and DocSend. The Dropbox product portfolio is now available to buy on the AppSmart Marketplace for Technology Advisors who desire to resell or refer Dropbox’s prominent cloud storage and file synchronization products and services. With Dropbox authorization, AppSmart can expand its leading offerings to fulfill the rising demand for cloud storage solutions.
- Oct-2021: Box released the latest capabilities and improved integrations that allow organizations to collaborate safely and seamlessly across any application. In addition, the company would launch an all-new Box Notes and an updated Box Mobile app to assist users in easily communicating from anywhere and on any device.
- Nov-2020: Dropbox rolled out Dropbox Spaces, a new version of its collaborative workspace along with various new features that assist teams to get organized, collaborate, and keep work moving safely from anywhere. With these features, the company aimed to facilitate people to work as a distributed team, and support better governance and compliance. Moreover, these features are developed to simplify communications and teamwork and enable their teams to remain connected and efficient from wherever they work.
- Jul-2020: Microsoft released new OneDrive features across Microsoft 365 that would create a more connected and flexible files experience to business users, more control to admins, and a more personal touch to everyone at home. With the help of Add to OneDrive, users can collect all their shared content into one centralized place and work with the shared content with similar power and flexibility as if they are files you own. This could imply that the included content can be configured, shared, and collaborated on and retains all current security and compliance policies.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Solution and
By Solution Type
- Standalone and
By Services Type
- Professional Services and
By Organization Type
- Large Enterprises and
- Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
By Deployment Mode
- Cloud and
- Software & Technology
- Government & Public Sector
- Education & Legal
- Retail and
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- IBM Corporation
- Box, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- VMware, Inc
- Google LLC
- OpenText Corporation
- Thomson Reuters Corporation
- Dropbox, Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- BlackBerry Limited
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) market be in the future?
The global enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) market size is expected to reach $25.8 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) market?
Digital workplace and mobile workforce are on the rise are driving the market in coming years, however, concerns about data privacy and security are on the rise limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
IBM Corporation, Box, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, VMware, Inc., Google LLC, OpenText Corporation, Thomson Reuters Corporation, Dropbox, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., and BlackBerry Limited.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) market in 2020?
The Large Enterprises segment acquired the maximum revenue share in the Global Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market by Organization Size 2020, thereby, achieving a market value of $15.7 billion by 2027.
Which region dominated the enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market by Region 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027.