Global Energy-Efficient Window Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Application, By Component, By End-use, By Glazing Type (Double Glazed, Triple Glazed, and Others), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Energy-Efficient Window Market
Market Report Description
The Global Energy-Efficient Window Market size is expected to reach $18.7 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.2% CAGR during the forecast period.
Energy-efficient windows assist to decrease the consumption of artificial cooling and heating in a building. Glass, or glazing, the frame, and associated hardware are the three main components of these windows. These components provide great insulation from heat loss and gain from the outside environment, minimizing the building's energy usage. The energy-efficient windows are measured by two basic elements. These include the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC), which measures how much solar heat enters the window, and the U-factor, which measures the window's insulating capacity.
Every energy efficient window product is recognized by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) of the United States based on SHGC and U-factor, certifying it for the Energy Star Rating. Moreover, energy efficient windows come in double and triple glazing variants, as well as low emissivity (Low-E) coatings and argon and krypton gas filling between the panels.
The adoption of the energy-efficient window, which decreases energy and air conditioning costs, is a major driver of the energy-efficient market industry's growth. Installing energy-efficient windows might help customers save up to 15% on overall annual air conditioning costs. Moreover, increased demand for power, owing to population growth and rising dependency on electrical items, artificial air conditioning, as well as other energy-intensive devices, would increase the need for energy-efficient devices. By closing off the air outlet from within the room, energy-efficient windows help to reduce electricity consumption waste.
As a result, it is easier to maintain the room's temperature and reduce the use of artificial air central heating, which fuels the development of the efficient energy windows business. Furthermore, governments have implemented rules to reduce home carbon footprints as a result of greater awareness about environmental preservation as a result of global recognition of climate change. To put such measures in place, governments provide various subsidies for the replacement of aging furnaces and windows. Subsidies like these boost the economy for energy-efficient windows as replacements for older windows.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic had various impacts on the glass market as per the glass subsector. Construction and renovation work came to a halt as a result of the restrictions, which had a direct impact on the market for energy-efficient windows. Many households' income was also affected by the lockdown, limiting purchasing power. The effect of COVID-19 on the construction sector was negative. The industry almost came to a standstill around the world due to restrictions on non-essential activities. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, different construction building projects, such as new and current projects, contract value, and worksite productivity, are expected to decline by 24% in 2020 compared to 2019.
Market driving Factors:
Growing use of energy-efficient windows in the non-residential sector
Commercial buildings, such as workplaces, hospitals, hotels, airports, and educational institutions, are examples of non-residential structures that use energy-efficient windows. Major commercial buildings are constructed with energy conservation in mind. These structures are also designed to break even over time, so choosing energy-efficient windows appears to be a good choice. In the commercial construction sector, with the developing economies tend to increase the demand for green buildings. Demand for such structures has recently increased in North American and European countries. The development of educational facilities and hospitals is expanding in developing nations, resulting in an increase in the demand for energy-efficient windows in the non-residential end-use sector.
Energy-efficient windows at a low cost
As compared to a less efficient choice, an efficient product is expense when the overall energy savings from prevented energy expenses during the product's life, discounted to present value, balance the additional up-front cost. When calculating required efficiency levels, ENERGY STAR reflects both upfront expenses as well as lifetime energy savings. ENERGY STAR-qualified items and products that fulfill FEMP-designated efficiency requirements can be assumed to be life cycle cost-effective by federal buyers. Buyers that select products which exceed federal efficiency criteria may save more money in high-use scenarios or when energy prices are higher than the national average. In certain low-use applications or locations with very low electricity or natural gas rates, products achieving ENERGY STAR or FEMP-designated performance criteria may not be full-cycle cost-effective.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Lack of awareness among consumers
Due to the strong development in the construction sector, the market for energy-efficient windows has a promising future. People in some undeveloped or underdeveloped countries in South America, Africa, and Asia are less conscious of the advantages of these window systems. There is a lack of knowledge about building energy efficiency. This deters citizens in these countries from purchasing insulating products. When designing business and residential infrastructure in these countries, many engineers and architects disregard the building's energy efficiency. Awareness of Financial saving, can be achieved by constructing low-energy homes with energy-efficient window materials.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Renovation & reconstruction and new construction. The new construction segment procured a substantial revenue share in the energy efficient window market in 2020. It is due to the factors like rising population across the world, increase in new construction projects, rapid pace of urbanization and others.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Glass, Frames, and Hardware. The glass segment acquired the highest revenue share in the in the Energy-Efficient Window Market in 2020. The choice of glazing is by far the most crucial decision in most windows in terms of energy efficiency. Users might also want to choose different types of skylights for various windows across the entire home depending on multiple window design parameters such as climate, window orientation, building design, and many more.
End User Outlook
Based on End-use, the market is segmented into Non-residential, and Residential. The Residential segment registered a significant revenue share in the Energy-Efficient Window Market in 2020. Apartment, single-family separated & attached homes, and mobile homes are examples of residential structures. An increase in household wealth as well as other factors has fueled demand for bigger houses and more energy services in recent decades, growing energy usage per household. Moreover, increased concentration of devices and appliances, such as computer and entertainment systems, has increased demand for electricity.
Glazing Type Outlook
Based on Glazing Type, the market is segmented into Double Glazed, Triple Glazed, and Others. The double-glazed segment witnessed the maximum revenue share in the Energy-Efficient Window Market in 2020. With the increased demand for the residences and non-residential sectors, a double segment is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. These windows are used in both remodelling and new construction. Double-glazed windows substantially minimize heat loss and increase the rate of energy conservation which boost the double-glazed in the energy efficient window market.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 12.7 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 18.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||227|
|Number of Tables||420|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Application, End-use, Glazing Type, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The North America emerged as the leading region in the Energy-Efficient Window Market with the largest revenue share in the 2020. It is due to various continued government financial support. The region's market is controlled by the United States. Energy-efficient windows have officially started to be adopted in Canada and Mexico. It is expected as a result of support from the government and the overall economy's resurgence.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Energy-Efficient Window Market size to reach USD 18.7 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include JELD-WEN Holding, Inc., PGT Innovations, Inc., Central Glass Co., Ltd., Apogee Enterprises, Inc., Saint-Gobain Group (CertainTeed), Asahi Kasei Corporation, Schott AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung), The YKK Group (YKK AP, Inc.), Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., and Ply Gem Industries, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Energy-Efficient Window Market
- Feb-2022: Jeld-Wen introduced Stormsure Express, a collection of colored timber windows. The window provides a wide collection of 36 design options varies in configurations and size. Additionally, Stormsure Express is six of Jeld-Wen’s most famous colors.
- Sep-2021: PGT Innovations took over Anlin Industries, a leading window manufacturer of energy-efficient replacement windows and doors. This acquisition aimed to deliver markets by providing a strong product platform under one shade also expand and diversify industry existence around the increasing West Coast region.
- Jul-2021: Saint-Gobain took over Vi-Lux Building Products, a manufacturer of cellular polyvinyl chloride molding and trim enterprises. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to expand its portfolio of standard and forte millwork and trim products, enabling flexibility to fulfill the needs of every consumer. Additionally, integration of Saint-Gobain’s sales network and market reach within Vi-Lux's production as well as design abilities would make a perfect combination.
- Jun-2021: JELD-WEN expanded its geographical footprints by investing a huge amount in its Quebec-based manufacturing facilities. Quebec is a premium production location for Hybrid and Vinyl windows.
- Feb-2020: PGT Innovations completed the acquisition of NewSouth Window Solutions, a manufacturer of energy-efficient and non-resistant windows and doors. This acquisition aimed to improve PGT Innovations goes to market strategy accomplished with leading brands that deal in the direct-to-consumer channel.
- May-2019: NSG Group subsidiary signed a joint development agreement with Ubiquitous Energy, a leader in transparent solar technology. This agreement aimed to manufacture, develop, and combine Ubiquitous Energy’s ClearView Power technology within infrastructural window glass that has capabilities to generate solar electricity for apartments.
- Aug-2018: Ply Gem took over Silver Line vinyl window and patio door segment. Through this acquisition, Ply Gem aimed to strengthen its offering by including two highly appreciated brands to develop a more compact and stabilized suite around the remodeling & repair and new construction section.
- Jun-2018: AGC signed an agreement with Ubiquitous Energy, the leader in transparent solar technology. This agreement aimed to develop Ubiquitous Energy’s color neutral & transparent solar coating to develop windows for electricity production. Additionally, Transparent solar can be applicable on vertical surfaces of windows to generate highly efficient electricity that is esthetic amusing and approved to designers, occupants, and architects.
- Jan-2018: Saint-Gobain formed a partnership with Innovative Glass Corporation, manufacturer and distributor of dynamic glass solutions. Through this partnership, the companies focused on allowing Innovative Glass to provide the finest quality, cost-efficient & dependable outer smart glass solution to address energy as well as light management as per the need of the demanding consumers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Renovation & reconstruction
- New construction
By Glazing Type
- Double Glazed
- Triple Glazed
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
- PGT Innovations, Inc.
- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- Apogee Enterprises, Inc.
- Saint-Gobain Group (CertainTeed)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Schott AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung)
- The YKK Group (YKK AP, Inc.)
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Ply Gem Industries, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free