Global Electric Vehicle Infotainment Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By End-use (Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)), By Connectivity Type, By System Type, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Electric Vehicle Infotainment Market
Market Report Description
The Global Electric Vehicle Infotainment Market size is expected to reach $8.4 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 34.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
The infotainment head unit is a tablet-like device with a touch screen that is installed on the dashboard. The head unit serves as a flawlessly connected control centre for the infotainment system, owing to its consumer-friendly HMI. It is a collection of vehicle systems that provide entertainment and information to both the driver and passengers. It accomplishes this through audio/video interfaces, as well as control features like as touch screen displays, a button panel, and voice instructions, among other things. Certain standardized communication protocols, like as CAN, connect the electronic hardware devices in infotainment systems (Controller Area Network).
Touch capabilities and vertical integration are provided by using a centre stack. The curved centre stack display also improves the user experience by improving usability and conserving money. Another factor driving market expansion is the availability of various types of infotainment systems, like heads-up display infotainment systems & rear-seat infotainment systems. Furthermore, the incorporation of operating systems like Android, Windows, and Linux in electric vehicle entertainment systems is fueling market growth. Software downloads, upgrades, convenience functions, and connection are all supported by operating systems. The adoption of artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things has opened up new industry opportunities.
BMW's electric automobile incorporates the Continental's cockpit high-performance computer, promoting vehicle digitalization. It keeps track of the cockpit's ever-expanding functional scope as well as the growing software complexity in electric vehicles. The cockpit computer is in charge of a variety of software functions that allow the entertainment system to create new ways to offer a constant and distinctive user experience. The BMW vehicle can also be equipped with a heads-up display, which would project pertinent information like navigation directions, warning messages, and data like as speed and fuel tank onto the windshield.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The manufacturing of infotainment systems is inextricably linked to the production of autos, which has a negative impact on EV infotainment manufacturers. The pandemic's rapid spread reduced demand for automobiles, which has affected the demand for entertainment systems. When the quarantine was lifted in 2021 as a result of immunization efforts, demand for autos skyrocketed. The semiconductor chips are essential to the infotainment system, irrespective of vehicle type. Due to a shortage of semiconductor chips, the production schedule was pushed back. As a result, the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as frequent supply chain and production disruptions hindered the growth of EV infotainment market.
Market Growth Factors
Growing number of electric vehicles due to the rising environmental concerns
There is an increase the number of electric vehicles around the world. People are increasingly investing in the purchase of electric vehicles due to the growing awareness among individuals. Along with that, several government organizations as well as NGOs are conducting awareness programs in order to inform people about the depleting environmental conditions owing to the pollution emitted by vehicles. From small hatchbacks such as the Blade to high-end sedans much like Tesla Model 3, electric vehicles come in a variety of sizes. The wide range of product options has attracted a huge number of customers, culminating in the emergence of an electric car sector.
Rising penetration of smartphone and high usage of cloud technologies
The usage of smartphones is constantly increasing across the globe. A similar trend is projected in the automotive industry, since Android is one of the most popular operating systems among most OEMs for mid- to high-end vehicle segments. The rise in sales of low-priced cars has led to cost reductions in Android-based chipsets used in infotainment systems, propelling the Android OS market for car infotainment systems forward. In the automotive business, infotainment systems with sophisticated smartphone integration are popular. The innovative technology featured in the Skoda Slavia is a recent addition to the list. The new Slavia comes with a choice of two modern entertainment systems.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Rise in the cybersecurity concerns
Despite significant advancements in electric vehicle infotainment technology, cybersecurity continues to be a challenge. Each component of electric vehicle infotainment, including hardware, mobile apps, software, and Bluetooth, is susceptible to hackers. Amico, a car privacy and cybersecurity advocate, alerted the Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center (Auto-ISAC), an industry-run group that shares and analyses intelligence on potential cybersecurity threats. Amico spent months assisting Auto-impacted ISAC's members in understanding how an attacker may gain access to data contained in automobile infotainment systems.
Based on End-use, the market is segmented into Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV). Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) segment acquired the maximum revenue share in the electric vehicle infotainment market in 2021. The proliferation of battery electric vehicles was prompted by rising carbon emissions and increased demand for alternative fuel options. Electric vehicles are also being adopted as a result of government measures such as subsidies.
Connectivity Type Outlook
Based on Connectivity Type, the market is segmented into Wireless, Bluetooth, Cellular, and Wired. Bluetooth connectivity segment registered a substantial revenue share in the electric vehicle infotainment market in 2021. Because of its low cost, Bluetooth connectivity is the most popular option in infotainment systems. Bluetooth, on the other hand, is slower than cellular, wireless, or cable connectivity in terms of data transfer. It helps customers to play music in their vehicle.
System Type Outlook
Based on System Type, the market is segmented into Multimedia, Navigation Unit, Communication Unit, Rear Seat Entertainment, and Heads-up Display. Multimedia segment garnered the highest revenue share in the electric vehicles infotainment systems in 2021. The driver can use the multimedia entertainment system to access functions including navigation, phoning, and music. Multimedia infotainment is also common since it includes basic to advanced capabilities and is suitable with vehicles in the low to high-end segments.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 1.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 8.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 34.8% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||239|
|Number of Tables||370|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Market Share Analysis, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Connectivity Type, System Type, End-use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Norway, Netherlands, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Europe emerged as the leading region in the electric vehicle infotainment market with the maximum revenue share in 2021. The presence of major car manufacturers, the accessibility of labor, and technological developments are all contributing to the growth of the EV infotainment industry in Europe. The increased demand for EVs in the region, combined with strict pollution standards imposed by the authorities, is fueling industry expansion.
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The below illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Product Launches and Partnerships & Collaborations.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Alps Alpine Co., Ltd., Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.), General Motor Co., Ford Motor Company, Volkswagen AG, Garmin Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, and Pioneer Corporation.
Recent Strategies deployed in Electric Vehicle Infotainment Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Apr-2022: Alps Alpine collaborated with Giesecke+Devrient (G+D), an international Group providing security technology. This collaboration aimed to develop a wireless digital key system compliant with the standardized world specification introduced by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC).
- Sep-2021: Alps Alpine formed a partnership with Qualcomm Technologies, a global semiconductor manufacturing company. This partnership aimed to provide the Digital Cabin, a proposal for future mobility to enhance space of style and comfort, even behind the cockpit.
- Sep-2021: Alps Alpine Asia teamed up with Lumax, a manufacturing and supplying company of automotive components. This collaboration aimed to introduce the premium portfolio of Alpine Car Audio Infotainment systems for India. Through this range introduction, Alpine would bring to the Indian market its premium and advanced audio system that include digital sound processors & multimedia display players.
- May-2020: Continental came into a partnership with the Pioneer Corporation, a Japanese multinational corporation. This partnership aimed to develop a holistic customer experience that is especially aimed at the Asian market.
- Jan-2020: DENSO Corporation entered into a partnership with Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. This partnership aimed to develop next-generation cockpit systems. Under this partnership, DENSO aimed to develop an architecture*3 for systems based on DENSO’s Harmony Core 4 integrated cockpit system, which would coordinate with external cloud services and the latest HMI products, which would allow car connectivity and improved safety features such as driver status supervision, driver and passenger authentication, and enhanced display operability.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Jul-2021: Pioneer India Electronics released its 2021 Hi-Res Special Edition car component speakers, the 17cm (6.5-inch) TS-VR170C, TS-J170C, and TS-V170C. These speakers is developed by Pioneer’s audio engineers in Japan and tuned to the selective tastes of Indian customers were made to provide stunningly realistic, vivid audio, which would reproduce all the intricate details and emotion in each piece of music.
- Jan-2020: Harman International released its EV Plus+ Solutions, the latest audio, and communications solutions developed especially for the fast-expanding electric vehicle (EV) segment and their eco-conscious owners. The solutions would overcome challenges unique to EVs and provide customers a no-compromise level of communication and comfort, and entertainment, flexibly and sustainably.
- Jan-2020: HARMAN introduced the HARMAN ExP Integrated Solution Suite. This suite would develop comprehensive connected driving solutions by integrating core technologies into one unified offering. Such solutions would allow cohesive vehicle experiences not just one-off driving features to provide effortless connectivity.
- Jul-2020: Pioneer introduced the latest range of touchscreen infotainment systems as a part of their aftermarket solutions in India. By helping Pioneer’s new range of infotainment systems, customers can allow the current vehicle with Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
By Connectivity Type
By System Type
- Navigation Unit
- Communication Unit
- Rear Seat Entertainment
- Heads-up Display
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Alps Alpine Co., Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.)
- General Motor Co.
- Ford Motor Company
- Volkswagen AG
- Garmin Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free