Global Dried Fruit Market By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores and Online) By Product (Raisins, Dates, Apricots, Berries, Figs and Others) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Dried Fruit Market
Market Report Description
The Global Dried Fruit Market size is expected to reach $12.7 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 7.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Fruits are an essential food source. Fresh fruits with short lifespan have added benefits to its dried fruit substitute market. Rising customer awareness about health also has a positive effect on the dried fruit market. In addition, growing R&D to carry innovations concerning its applications in different product lines adds fuel to market growth. Due to their flavor enhancing-ability, they are widely used in the dairy as well as in the bakery industry. On the other hand, the application of dried fruits in snacks and breakfast cereals is broadly focused due to their nutritional value.
Global Dried Fruit Market Size
Consumers' inclination towards consuming processed nutritional food products adds fuel to the dried fruit market. It is gaining popularity in the food processing industry due to the rising nutritional level of the drug, towards application in various food lines. Hypersensitivity to certain fruits, nevertheless, followed by the loss of a certain percentage of vitamins during the dehydration process, may hinder the dried fruit market over the forecast period.
Because of their nutritional benefits & tastes, dried fruits are vital snacks as well as additives to various kinds of food items. In addition, dried fruit is an essential part of the Mediterranean people's main diet. The massive consumption of dry fruit has been linked with the prevention of conditions including type 2 diabetes, cardiac problems, and metabolic syndrome. In addition, in various countries dried fruits like raisins, prunes, apricots, figs, apples, dates, and peaches are eaten. Besides this, the key principle of fruit drying is not only to reduce the moisture but also to prevent the microorganism from multiplying and to avoid spoilage.
Dried Fruit Market Share
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores and Online. Based on Product, the market is segmented into Raisins, Dates, Apricots, Berries, Figs and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Dried Fruit Market to reach a market size of $12.7 billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Murray River Organics Group Limited, Bergin Fruit and Nut Company, Inc., Sun-Maid Growers of California, Sunsweet Growers, Inc., Traina Foods, Inc., Dole Food Company, Inc., Jiangsu Palarich Food Co., Ltd, Kiantama Oy, Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc., and Angas Park Fruit Company Pty. Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Dried Fruit Market
- 2019-Nov: Ocean Spray came into partnership with HelloFresh, the world’s leading meal Kit Company. The partnership was focused on providing dried cranberries to HelloFresh in 2020.
- 2019-Nov: Dole Packaged Foods Worldwide announced that it is partnering with Future Group which operates several retail chains across India under the brands Big Bazaar, Foodhall, Nilgiris and Heritage Fresh among others. Following the partnership, the latter company was aimed to distribute the former company’s products in India.
- 2019-Sep: Ocean Spray doubled the plant size of its Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., facility to 440,000 square feet. Following the expansion, it became the largest cranberry processing plant in the world.
- 2019-Aug: Sun-Maid Growers of California signed an agreement with Lil’ Drug Store Products. Following the agreement, Lil’ Drug became the exclusive marketer of the Sun-Maid brand in the convenience channel.
- 2019-Apr: Traina Foods launched two new flavors to its Home Grown fruiton line, a bite-size, sun-dried fruit line. These flavors are Natural Cherry and the Summer Blend. Both of the new flavors provide the same nutrient-packed healthiness as the other items in the line.
- 2018-Oct: Sun-Maid Growers of California announced an agreement with Flowers Foods, producer of Nature's Own, Wonder, Tastykake, Dave's Killer Bread, and other bakery foods. Under this agreement, Sun-Maid provided license to Flowers Foods for producing and distributing Sun-Maid Raisin bread to approximately 80 percent of the U.S. population.
- 2018-Feb: Ocean Spray signed an agreement to acquire Atoka Cranberries in Quebec. The acquisition would increase the former company’s manufacturing activities in the region.
Scope of the Dried Fruit Market Analysis
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores and
- Raisins, Dates
- Figs and
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Murray River Organics Group Limited
- Bergin Fruit and Nut Company, Inc.
- Sun-Maid Growers of California
- Sunsweet Growers, Inc.
- Traina Foods, Inc.
- Dole Food Company, Inc.
- Jiangsu Palarich Food Co., Ltd
- Kiantama Oy
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
- Angas Park Fruit Company Pty. Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Dried Fruit Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of the global dried fruit market by 2026?
The dried fruit market size is projected to reach USD 12.7 billion by 2026.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Murray River Organics Group Limited, Bergin Fruit and Nut Company, Inc., Sun-Maid Growers of California, Sunsweet Growers, Inc., Traina Foods, Inc., Dole Food Company, Inc., Jiangsu Palarich Food Co., Ltd, Kiantama Oy, Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc., and Angas Park Fruit Company Pty. Ltd.
At what CAGR is the dried fruit market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the dried fruit market is 7.1% from 2020 to 2026.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the dried fruit market in 2019?
In 2019, supermarkets and hypermarkets held the largest share and represented more than 50 percent of total revenue.
Which segment dominated the dried fruit market in 2019?
Raisins or dehydrated grape dominated the dried fruit market.