Global Door and Window Automation Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product, By End-Users, By Component (Access Control Systems, Sensors & Detectors, Operators, Motors & Actuators, Control Panels & Switches), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Door and Window Automation Market
Market Report Description
The Global Door and Window Automation Market size is expected to reach $24.2 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 5.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
One of the most frequent and often utilized architectural components is doors and windows. However, even though the majority of individuals might not have issues with these aspects, many people do. People who are disabled or elderly may have difficulty closing and opening windows or getting through doors. Many people's home lives could be improved by automatic doors and windows, but this potential needed to be verified.
It was important to conduct laboratory and field studies of the effectiveness of door and window systems to build the guide. The use of mechanical door handles and manual door operation can frequently be a pain. People might not always think to close doors when they leave them open. In addition to being uncomfortable for daily use, this condition puts the building's and its occupants' safety and security in danger.
In places like hospitals, laboratories, food processing facilities, public access doors, and restrooms, where hygiene is crucial, manually operated doors are also vulnerable to cross-contamination risks. People with special needs, such as wheelchair users, children, senior citizens, the disabled, and others, may find it difficult to open and close a manually operated door, in contrast to typical users.
For the following reasons, automatic entrances are not just the top option for the specifying community, including architects, planners, and consultants, but also builders, promoters, and end users. Automated hermetic doors are perfect for locations requiring infection control, like hospitals. Because they have numerous built-in and optional safety features for everyday applications, automatic doors completely ensure the safety of their users.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to a loss in revenue and growth of enterprises operating in the market as a result of supply and demand disruptions across the value chain, the COVID-19 outbreak has negatively impacted the overall growth rate of the door and window automation market in 2020. However, due to the COIVD-19 safety measures and the significant increase in vaccines, the limitations are being eliminated. The situation would have a favorable effect on the civic and commercial sectors' production capacities, which would spur the development of door and window automation during the predicted period.
Market Growth Factors
Elderly And Disabled Persons Are Using Automated Doors And Windows More Frequently
Due to the physical effort needed, many elderly and disabled individuals are unable to physically operate windows and doors. Elderly and disabled people can easily enter areas with automated doors and windows. The main function of automated doors is to manage pedestrian traffic and provide accessibility for the elderly and disabled. To make automatic doors user-friendly and secure, suitable signage is integrated into their design along with several other factors, such as wheelchair accessibility, door widths, effective vision panels, position of the door entry device, and height.
Rising Need For Automated Systems That Use Less Energy
Automobiles, medical devices, and other automated technology-driven equipment are becoming more and more necessary. Home automation systems have grown in number as digital technologies gain in popularity. This suggests a rise in demand for automatic, pedestrian, and industrial windows. Additionally, the use of operators in automatic door and window systems results in energy savings. Saving energy eventually results in cost savings, which is anticipated to offer market participants growth chances in the coming years.
Market Restraining Factors
High Expenditures For Installation And Upkeep
Defined procedures, organized systems, and a wide range of sensors are necessary for automated door and window systems. To ensure pedestrian safety, the majority of automated doors have photoelectric sensors at the base of the track. The automated door and window system's various parts, such as motors and actuators, access control systems, and control panels, are quite expensive. Furthermore, installing such automated systems calls for highly qualified people. As a result, the automatic door and window system integration and installation costs are significant.
On the basis of Components, the Door and Window Automation Market is divided into Operators, Sensors & Detectors, Access Control Systems, Motors & Actuators, Control Panels, Switches, and Others. The sensor & detectors segment acquired a promising revenue share in the door window automation market in 2021. Window sensors are made to notice when a window is broken or opened. Glass break sensors listen for the sound of glass breaking, while contact sensors detect when the window has been opened.
By Product, the Door and Window Automation Market is classified into Industrial Doors, Pedestrian Doors, and Windows. The pedestrian doors segment procured the largest revenue share in the door window automation market in 2021. To guarantee the highest level of safety and security while making it simple to manage large crowds in commercial buildings, pedestrian doors are used in places with heavy foot traffic, such as hotels, banks, hospitals, office buildings, and airports.
End Use Outlook
Based on the End-users, the Door and Window Automation Market is bifurcated into Residential Building, Airports, Education Buildings, Healthcare Facilities, Hotels & Restaurants, Industrial Production Units, Public Transit Systems, Commercial Buildings, Entertainment Centers, and Others. The hotel & restaurants segment registered a significant revenue share in the door window automation market in 2021. Automated doors placed in restaurants and hotels reduce the loss of conditioned air and enhance foot movement in congested gateways. One remote can be used by visitors to operate the automated windows for airflow and other security functions.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 17.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 24.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||282|
|Number of Tables||430|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Component, End-Users, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Regional OutlookRegion-wise, the Door and Window Automation Market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The Asia Pacific segment acquired a promising revenue share in the door window automation market in 2021. The Asia Pacific region's market for door and window automation is expanding as a result of the expansion of construction activities there. The area is also concentrating on building new homes and bolstering the public infrastructure.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Door and Window Automation Market size to reach USD 24.2 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include ABB Group, Siemens AG, Schneider Electric SE, Honeywell International, Inc., Assa Abloy AB, Allegion PLC, Dormakaba Holding AG, Royal Boon Edam International B.V., GEZE GmbH, and Came S.p.A.
Strategies deployed in Door and Window Automation Market
- Sep-2022: ASSA ABLOY acquired VHS Plastik Metal, a foremost manufacturer of hardware systems for windows and doors. With this acquisition, VHS would deliver a strong field of window and door hardware products that would be a complete offer in Turkey. Additionally, VHS has a great team that would provide a local manufacturing impression that provides great possibilities.
- Aug-2022: ASSA ABLOY completed the acquisition of J Newton Enterprises, a Florida-based pedestrian door distributor and service organization. With this acquisition, J Newton Enterprises would reinforce ASSA living pedestrian company and service portfolio in that region, allowing to deliver an even better consumer experience.
- Jun-2022: ASSA ABLOY took over Caldwell, a manufacturer of fenestration hardware for window plants. This acquisition would reinforce ASSA's position with fenestration factories and look ahead to working with the experienced crew to resume Caldwell’s victorious journey.
- Apr-2022: Royal Boon Edam International introduced the Orbit TriSens, a ground-breaking revolving-sliding high-capacity revolving door. The Orbit TriSens is a pleasing three-winged entrance that is appropriate for sites that tolerate very high pedestrian traffic, and it puffs the latest technology housed within Boon Edam's signature "premium minimalistic" design. Additionally, the door presents Seamless joints and small trims about the glass, Full-height curved glazed walls, an Integrated internal shield door (night-locking), a “Floating” canopy Concealed Dorset top rails, etc.
- Jul-2021: ABB completed the acquisition of ASTI Mobile Robotics Group, a leading global autonomous mobile robot. This acquisition would expand ABB’s automation and robotics portfolio, creating it the only organization to deliver a comprehensive offering for the next era of flexible automation.
- Jun-2021: Siemens took over Nextflow Software, an independent supplier of advanced particle-based computational fluid dynamics solutions. Through this acquisition, Nextflow Software would become part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, where its portfolio would expand the Simcenter software offering.
- Mar-2018: Allegion completed the acquisition of Aurora Systems, a greatest Cyber Security Consulting Firm. With this acquisition, AD Systems is a genuine fit within Allegion’s already robust door and door control brands such as Republic, Steelcraft, and LCN, to name a few and would further allow both groups to deliver the best complete portfolio solutions to consumers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Pedestrian Doors
- Industrial Doors
- Commercial Buildings
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Healthcare Facilities
- Industrial Production Units
- Education & Entertainment Centers
- Residential Buildings
- Airports & Public Transit Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Sensors & Detectors
- Motors & Actuators
- Control Panels & Switches
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- ABB Group
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric SE
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Assa Abloy AB
- Allegion PLC
- Dormakaba Holding AG
- Royal Boon Edam International B.V.
- GEZE GmbH
- Came S.p.A.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free