Global Autonomous Mobile Robots Market By Offering (Services, Software and Robotic System), By End User (Logistics & Warehousing, Agriculture & Forestry, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Mining, Residential, Military & Defense and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Autonomous Mobile Robots Market
The Global Autonomous Mobile Robots Market size is expected to reach $145.5 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 24.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Autonomous mobile robots are responsible for performing informed and un-coerced tasks in a very precise way. Autonomous mobile robots are functional in various fields like household cleaning, maintenance, delivery of goods & services, space flight, and wastewater treatment. Generally, autonomous mobile robots are present as a separate unit in an industry, but it is within the strict limitations of the direct environment. It is because, in an industrial autonomous mobile robot, the factory workplace is challenging. These challenges are in terms that workplace function in as the processes are expected to contain unpredictable, and chaotic variables.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Size, By Offering, 2020-2026
These robots are largely adopted for personal uses, like companionship and entertainment, it becomes the key driving factor for the growth of the market. There is a growing demand for automated ground vehicles (AGVs) of warehouse automation and it is another factor that is boosting the market growth. Professional robots are adapted for medical applications, like surgery assistance, and laboratory automation is one of the major factors that is driving the market. Though, warehouse automation is the latest trend witnessed in the industry and AGVs play a very dynamic role in the warehouse automation process. Additionally, the robots also help the logistic companies for achieving a short- to medium-term payback period and offer a greater return on investment (ROI).
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Share, By End Use, 2019
The development of IoT and AI has given a new aspect in developing the idea that robots can interact with humans. Moreover, the development of MEMS and sensors, and improvements in visualization technology have enhanced the accuracy and efficiency of mobile robots. The mobile robot market is continuously growing for domestic applications it results from modernization and innovation in the field of robotics. Advancements in technologies and research activities have resulted in the development of domestic cleaning robots, and they are very helpful for humans to perform ordinary tasks.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 38 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 145.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 24.6% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||280|
|Number of Tables||404|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competition Analysis, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Offering, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Autonomous Mobile Robots Market to reach a market size of $145.5 billion by 2026
Based on Offering, the market is segmented into Services, Software and Robotic System. Robotic Segment is further segmented across Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UGV), Unmanned Maritime Vehicle (UGV) and Humanoid. Based on End User, the market is segmented into Logistics & Warehousing, Agriculture & Forestry, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Mining, Residential, Military & Defense and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Midea Group Co., Ltd. and Honeywell International, Inc. are the forerunners in the Autonomous Mobile Robots Market. Companies such as BAE Systems PLC, Teradyne, Inc., The Boeing Company, and Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd., Omron Corporation, QinetiQ Group PLC, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., and Thales Group S.A. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include BAE Systems PLC, Honeywell International, Inc., L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Omron Corporation, Thales Group S.A., Midea Group Co., Ltd., The Boeing Company (Boeing Aircraft Holding Company), Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd. (Temasek Holdings Private Limited), QinetiQ Group PLC (The Carlyle Group) and Teradyne, Inc. (Mobile Industrial Robots A/S).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Autonomous Mobile Robots Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jul-2020: Omron partnered with Techmetics Robotics, the pioneer in Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) solutions. The partnership resulted in launching the UVC disinfection robot, the LD UVC. Omron LD-UVC navigates autonomously and disinfects premises including the high-touch areas by eliminating 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses both airborne and droplet by providing the precise dosage of UVC energy.
- Jun-2020: BAE Systems signed an agreement with Squad X prime contractor Lockheed Martin. Under this agreement, the former company aimed to provide key autonomy and artificial intelligence capabilities that advance the effectiveness of tactical robotic air and ground vehicles and create true partnerships between ground warfighters, Soldiers and Marines, and machines at the small-unit level.
- Jan-2020: Boeing signed an agreement with Tactical Robotics. Together, the companies are working on developing, producing, and marketing aircraft with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capabilities based on Tactical Robotics’ Fancraft enclosed rotor technology.
- Nov-2019: QinetiQ came into an agreement with Dstl to shape the UK’s future combat vehicle fleet. The project was focused on innovative solutions for ground vehicle mobility exploiting the potential provided by electric drive systems. The objective of the project was to assess which of the latest technologies can help to boost future ground combat vehicles and how those technologies would integrate with current systems.
- Oct-2019: QinetiQ North America announced its partnership with Pratt and Miller Defense on the Robotic Combat Vehicle (RCV) program. QNA and Pratt & Miller submitted a variant of the Expeditionary Modular Autonomous Vehicle (EMAV) tailored to the Robotic Combat Vehicle program's specific requirements. The Robotic Combat Vehicle submission uses QNA's modular open-architecture unmanned ground vehicle control systems combined with Pratt & Miller's advanced mobility platform.
- Jul-2019: L3Harris Technologies signed a contract with The United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MOD). Under this contract, L3Harris has been providing T7 robotic systems to support domestic explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) missions. The robot provides operators with human-like skills and haptic force feedback from the robot arm to the remote-control handgrip.
- Jan-2019: MiR teamed up with Faurecia, one of the world’s leading companies within automotive technology. Following the collaboration, Faurecia deployed these AMRs in manufacturing plants worldwide for taking the company’s automation to a new level.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Jun-2019: BAE Systems acquired Riptide Autonomous Solutions, a provider of the innovative, affordable unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) technology and solutions. The acquisition positioned BAE in providing customers with unmatched flexibility by offering a family of UUVs and integrated payload solutions capable of supporting a variety of critical missions.
- Oct-2017: Boeing announced an agreement to acquire Aurora Flight Sciences, a manufacturer of autonomous robotic aircraft. The company will operate as a subsidiary of Boeing Engineering Test & Technology. Aurora aimed to develop prototypes for both military and commercial applications.
- Jul-2017: Singapore Technologies acquired Pittsburgh, PA-based robotics firm, Aethon, Inc. through Vision Technologies Land Systems, Inc. (VTLS), and its wholly-owned subsidiary, VT Robotics, Inc. The acquisition expanded its development capabilities to enhance the current technology and bring exciting logistics solutions to new vertical and global markets.
- Dec-2016: Boeing came into an agreement to acquire Liquid Robotics, a market leader in autonomous maritime systems and developer of the Wave Glider ocean surface robot. Together, the companies would address maritime challenges in ways that make existing platforms smarter, missions safer and operations more efficient.
- Aug-2016: Honeywell took over Intelligrated, a privately-held leader in supply chain and warehouse automation solutions. This acquisition enabled businesses in using the power of the Industrial Internet of Things to optimize productivity and increase fulfillment speed.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2020: BAE Systems launched the Riptide UUV-12, the newest addition to its unmanned undersea vehicle (UUV) portfolio. It can provide critical capabilities such as combinations of Radio Frequency (RF) signal collection, RF electronic warfare, acoustic Identification Friend or Foe, active acoustics, mission autonomy, acoustic and RF communications, and navigation.
- Jul-2020: Omron Automation Americas unveiled the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot. This robot can handle bulky objects weighing up to 1500 kg. The addition further expanded manufacturers’ options for autonomous material transport.
- Nov-2019: Omron announced the launch of the LD-250, the new mobile robot. The robot has a payload capacity of 250kg and is the strongest and newest addition to the company's LD series of mobile robots. It is a more flexible and optimized autonomous material transport system.
- Oct-2019: BAE Systems introduced the Robotic Technology Demonstrator (RTD) representing leap-ahead advancements for unmanned combat vehicles. The RTD features autonomous mobility for keeping soldiers out of harm’s way, a 30 mm remote weapons station, a Hybrid Electric Drive for fuel efficiency, a composite rubber track system, a suite of sensors for 360-degree situational awareness and surveillance, and a small legged robot for reconnaissance missions among other key new technologies.
- Aug-2019: Kuka announced the development of a wafer-handling system for the automated transfer and handling of semiconductor cassettes. The mobile manipulation application includes a standardized automated guided vehicle (AGV) and the service-proven LBR iiwa lightweight robot.
- Jun-2019: Aethon, a company of ST Engineering, broadened its successful line of autonomous mobile robots with the launch of two specialty products for the hospitality market. First is the T4G, a mobile robot designed to delight guests and streamline in front of house operations by automating deliveries to guest rooms and other public areas of the hotel. Other is the T4, designed for providing automation for the heart-of-house operations, such as housekeeping and event services.
- Apr-2019: Honeywell released a new automated robotic solution for unloading a wide range of packages from truck trailers and shipping containers at distribution centers. This new Honeywell Intelligrated smart robotics offering helps customers in improving workplace safety, reducing staffing challenges, and minimizing damage to packages.
- Apr-2019: Mobile Industrial Robots announced the launch of the MiR1000 autonomous mobile robot (AMR). The MiR1000 is a flexible, collaborative, and safe alternative to forklifts on the factory floor. The MiR1000 integrates the manufacturer’s family of AMRs for heavy and light transport that optimizes logistics throughout the entire production chain, from the warehouse to the delivery of goods.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Feb-2020: Teradyne, Mobile Industrial Robots (MiR), and Universal Robots (UR) acquired a 50,000 m2 building site in Odense. In this site, $36 million will be invested in the construction of a major cobot hub in the cobot capital of the world. The new cobot hub would support Teradyne’s mission to further strengthen the significant leads that both MiR and UR have established worldwide.
- Oct-2019: Honeywell opened Honeywell Robotics, an advanced technology center of excellence. computer vision, and advanced robotics for use across supply chains. This center is based in Pittsburgh and helps in shaping the warehouse and distribution center of the future.
Scope of the Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Analysis
- Robotic System
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
- Unmanned Maritime Vehicle (UAV)
- Logistics & Warehousing
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Manufacturing & Mining
- Military & Defense
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- BAE Systems PLC
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Omron Corporation
- Thales Group S.A.
- Midea Group Co., Ltd.
- The Boeing Company (Boeing Aircraft Holding Company)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd. (Temasek Holdings Private Limited)
- QinetiQ Group PLC (The Carlyle Group)
- Teradyne, Inc. (Mobile Industrial Robots A/S)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of autonomous mobile robots market by 2026?
The autonomous mobile robots market is projected to reach USD 145.5 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive autonomous mobile robots industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the autonomous mobile robots industry include growing demand for automation solutions to accelerate the market growth.
Which region led the autonomous mobile robots market in 2019?
The North America led the mobile robotics market due to technological advancements.
Which segment shows largest market share of the autonomous mobile robots market in 2019?
The service category seized the largest share based on offer, in the autonomous mobile robot market in the year 2019.
Who are the leading players in autonomous mobile robots market?
BAE Systems PLC, Teradyne, Inc., The Boeing Company, and Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd., Omron Corporation, QinetiQ Group PLC, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., and Thales Group S.A.