Global Complete Nutrition Products Market By Products (Powder, Ready-to-drink Shakes and Bars), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online, and Others), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Complete Nutrition Products Market
Market Report Description
The Global Complete Nutrition Products Market size is expected to reach $6.3 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Complete nutrition products offer a broad variety of micronutrients that help in boosting general health and overall wellbeing. These micronutrients include vitamin D, calcium, and vitamin K for bone health, iron & vitamin C for a better immune system, magnesium for decreasing fatigue and tiredness, and B vitamins for enhanced brain function. Additionally, these products have high protein that enhances the maintenance of muscle mass. Protein consumption is important because the loss of muscle can affect functional capacity and reduce independence. It is majorly approved that adults require a high amount of protein as compared to younger people.
The growth of the complete nutrition products market is attributed to the factors like growing working population in developing as well as developed countries and increasing number of single households that do not have more time to prepare or cook meals. In addition, the on-the-go lifestyle of the consumers is accelerating the adoption of convenient food products in the form of RTD shakes and bars. Furthermore, the increasing demand for organic, high-quality, and unique taste products would bolster the growth of the market.
There are several market players that are increasingly introducing specialized e-commerce websites for selling their complete nutrition products. It is due to the increasing penetration of the internet and the high inclination of mobile shopping among people that would open new growth prospects for the manufacturers of complete nutrition products in the forecast years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
There is a significant impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the complete nutrition products market. In the initial phase of the pandemic, the demand for these products has witnessed a sudden increase as people started to stock up all these convenient and nutritional food products in their homes. Furthermore, the imposition of various rules and regulations to curb the spread of the deadly virus has also affected the demand for complete nutrition products across the world.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing disposable income of the consumers
With the rising disposable income, consumers are increasingly spending on various healthy food products to fulfil their nutrients requirements. In addition, the increasing living standard of the consumers is motivating them to consume various high-quality nutrition products to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. This would further open new growth avenues for the complete nutrition products market.
High demand for healthy and organic food & beverages
The constantly changing consumer preferences have created a shift among consumers toward choosing a nutritional diet that focuses on a highly nutritious diet for a sustainable lifestyle and reduce the dependency on animal proteins. A substantial portion of the millennial population across the globe is changing their food trends from traditional animal-based products to organic and plant-based food products for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which is creating demand for numerous organic ingredient-based products in the market.
Market Restraining Factor:
Absence of proper regulations and standards
There is no proper regulation of dietary food supplements like pharmaceutical drugs in the US, hence possessing a major challenge for the consumption of these products by the customers. The manufacturers of these products do not have to prove the product’s safety or effectiveness. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn't determine the possible risk of these products, which may cause various negative impacts on consumers’ health and further restrict the demand for these products in the market.
Based on Products, the market is segmented into Powder, Ready-to-drink Shakes and Bars. The powder segment acquired the highest revenue share in 2020 and is estimated to continue this trend over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the factors like the increasing popularity of a healthy lifestyle and the shifting inclination of the consumers for natural & organic products. In addition, products in the form of powder under complete nutrition products are comparatively less costly than other substitutes counterparts that would augment the demand for these products among consumers.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online, and Others. The online distribution channel segment is estimated to exhibit the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. These online channels are increasingly gaining traction owing to the high levels of convenience provided by them. Aspects like the shifting lifestyle of the consumers and the growing number of health-conscious consumers are estimated to bolster the consumption of complete nutrition products via these online channels. In addition, numerous market players are offering their products via online platforms due to the growing popularity of e-commerce.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 6.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||169|
|Number of Tables||273|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Products, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the complete nutrition products market with the maximum revenue share in 2020. It is owing to the determinants like increasing health concerns among the young population of the region. Developed nations like the U.S. have been registering a high CAGR in the last few years, due to the growing adoption of a healthy lifestyle among people.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Complete Nutrition Products Market size to reach USD 6.3 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Bayer AG, SlimFast (Glanbia, Plc), exante (The Hut.com Ltd.), Huel, Inc., Soylent Nutrition, Inc., Jimmy Joy, RSP Nutrition, LadyBoss, yfood Labs and Complete Nutrition.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Complete Nutrition Products Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Aug-2021: Huel came into a partnership with Contentsquare, the only complete experience analytics platform. This partnership aimed to assist drive the company's growth via digital experience innovation.
- Mar-2021: Soylent entered into a partnership with Walgreens, a global leader in retail pharmacy. This partnership aimed to expand Soylent's retail footprint by making all Soylent’s products that include new formats and on-the-go options, available for purchase at Walgreens units across the US.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jun-2021: THG announced the acquisition of Brighter Foods, a food manufacturer. This acquisition aimed to boost the launch of various product innovations into global markets along with growing the proportion of THG Nutrition products wholly manufactured in-house.
- Aug-2020: Glanbia took over Foodarom, a custom flavor designer and manufacturer. This acquisition aimed to support Glanbia Nutritionals’ solutions-based customer approach and focus areas, reinforce Glanbia’s capability in the segments of flavors and nutritional solutions.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Aug-2021: Glanbia Nutritionals launched KetoSure MCT. This product enables enterprises to develop keto-friendly sports nutrition and weight-management products. This product has clean-label, free of any additives or carriers, and provides neutral flavor without flavor masking. In addition, KetoSure MCT could be utilized in hot beverage powder mixes, powdered drink mixes, and snack and bar formulations.
- Jun-2021: Huel released the world's first nutritionally complete vegan protein powder. This Huel Complete Protein is a combination of high-quality ingredients.
- Jan-2021: Soylent Nutrition launched two new products, Soylent Complete Protein and Soylent Complete Energy. These products expanded the company's portfolio of formulated, delicious, and complete plant-based protein products.
- Dec-2020: Jimmy Joy unveiled its new plant-based Plenny Pot line. This product provides a healthy and inexpensive lunch or dinner option that could be ready in minutes.
- Sep-2020: Huel introduced a new Huel Hot & Savory line of nutritionally complete instant meals. This product is the perfect substitute for people who depend on convenient, fast food to eliminate communal kitchen spaces as offices reopen, and also offering a healthy, easy option for others remaining at home.
- Jul-2020: Jimmy Joy introduced the Plenny Shake v3.0. This product provides its customers with healthier and tastier shake options than before.
- May-2020: RSP Nutrition released a new ready-to-drink product category with the latest offerings including Immunity & Hydration Shot. These products are wellness booster shots that uniquely improve immunity and hydration.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Ready-to-drink Shakes
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Bayer AG
- SlimFast (Glanbia, Plc)
- exante (The Hut.com Ltd.)
- Huel, Inc.
- Soylent Nutrition, Inc.
- Jimmy Joy
- RSP Nutrition
- yfood Labs
- Complete Nutrition
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the complete nutrition products market by 2027?
The complete nutrition products market size is projected to reach USD 6.3 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the complete nutrition products market?
Increasing disposable income of the consumers are in high demand are driving the market in coming years, however, Absence of proper regulations and standards have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the complete nutrition products market?
Bayer AG, SlimFast (Glanbia, Plc), exante (The Hut.com Ltd.), Huel, Inc., Soylent Nutrition, Inc., Jimmy Joy, RSP Nutrition, LadyBoss, yfood Labs and Complete Nutrition.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global complete nutrition products market?
The demand for these products has witnessed a sudden increase as people started to stock up all these convenient and nutritional food products in their homes.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the complete nutrition products market in 2020?
The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment accounted for the highest revenue share in the market in 2020.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the complete nutrition products market over the forecast period?
The Ready-To-Drink shakes segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period.