Global Superfoods Market By Type (Fruits, Herbs & Roots, Grains & Cereals, Vegetables and Other types) By Application (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Beverages and Other Applications) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Superfoods Market
Market Report Description
The Global Superfoods Market size is expected to reach $209.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 7.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Superfood is an umbrella term used to refer to various varieties of food with high nutritional benefits. Urbanization has dramatically altered the lifestyles and diets of a large majority of the urban population. High prevalence of unsafe snacks and simple affordability has led to extremely unhealthy diets, which have resulted in elevated incidences of diabetes and high levels of obesity. This raised the market for nutritionally dense food.
Global Superfoods Market Size
A growing understanding of the side effects of synthetic cosmetics allows customers to choose natural beauty products rather than traditional beauty products. Consumers tend to buy personal care products made with super-food ingredients such as avocado, turmeric, coconut oil and honey. This inspired manufacturer of personal care products to concentrate on producing natural beauty products with superfood ingredients. The increasing use of superfood ingredients in beauty and personal care products will be one of the key trends that will have a positive impact on the growth of the superfood market.
The health benefits of superfoods increase their importance among end-users. Superfruits are rich in fibers, vitamins, antioxidants, polyphenols and minerals that help metabolism, strengthen the immune system, muscles and bones, and protect the body from wear and tear. The increasing understanding of safety and the need to lead a healthy lifestyle are also adding to the rising market for superfoods.
Superfoods Market Share
Many superfoods are native to tropical parts of the planet. As a result, transparency of the supply chain is important, and the certification of products is as critical as ever for European purchasers. Organic cacao beans come from Peru, while the seeds of organic hemp protein powder are cultivated on registered organic farms in East Asia, and organic turmeric is cultivated in India. Regardless of their country of origin, wholesale organic superfood products are subject to stringent quality standards and comply with EU organic regulatory requirements.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Fruits, Herbs & Roots, Grains & Cereals, Vegetables and Other types. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Beverages and Other Applications. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Superfoods Market to reach a market size of $209.1 billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Archer Daniels Midland Company, General Mills, Inc., Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.), Sunfood Corporation, OMG! Organic Meets Good, Suncore Foods, Inc., Nutiva, Inc., Creative Nature Ltd., Raw Nutritional, Healthy Truth.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Superfoods Market
- Apr-2020: Nutiva introduced a line of Organic Avocado Oils. The new range is available in three variants: Organic 100% Pure Avocado Oil, Organic MCT Oil Blend Avocado Oil, and Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil.
- Jan-2020: Archer Daniels Midland took over Yerbalatina Phytoactives, a manufacturer of natural plant-based extracts and ingredients. The acquisition expanded ADM’s business in Brazil.
- Oct-2019: Nutiva launched the new Organic MCT Creamer, a powdered, plant-based creamer packed with the benefits of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) from coconut oil.
- Oct-2019: Del Monte Foods launched Fruit Crunch Parfaits. Fruit Crunch Parfaits are a crave-worthy, guilt-free breakfast or anytime snack. It is a non-dairy mindful snack option that is on trend with wellness-conscious consumers who value taste, simple ingredients and dairy alternatives.
- Jul-2019 General Mills collaborated with GoodBelly, a pioneer in probiotics. The collaboration was aimed to distribute a line of lactose-free yogurts and a single probiotic infused cereal.
- Mar-2019: Archer Daniels Midland signed an agreement with Cargill following whcih the companies have established GrainBridge, L.L.C., a Joint Venture Company. The joint venture aimed to develop digital tools to help North American farmers consolidate information on production economics and grain marketing activities into a single digital platform.
- Aug-2018: Archer Daniels Midland announced an agreement to acquire oilseeds assets of Brazilian company, Algar Agro. The acquisition of Algar Agro plants aims to strengthen ADM’s position in Brazilian meal and bottled oil markets.
- Jan-2016: General Mills acquired EPIC Provisions, a rapidly growing, premium meat snacks company. The acquisition helped the company to enter in an entirely new natural snacking category.
Scope of the Superfoods Market Analysis
- Herbs & Roots
- Grains & Cereals
- Vegetables and
- Other types
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Beverages and
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- General Mills, Inc.
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.)
- Sunfood Corporation
- OMG! Organic Meets Good
- Suncore Foods, Inc.
- Nutiva, Inc.
- Creative Nature Ltd.
- Raw Nutritional
- Healthy Truth
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Superfoods Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of superfoods market in 2026?
The global superfoods market size is expected to reach $209.1 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors drive superfoods industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the superfoods industry include the advent of probiotic waters, Benefits of quinoa, Growing demand for clean-label and naturally derived products.
Who are the leading players in superfoods market?
Archer Daniels Midland Company, General Mills, Inc., Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.), Sunfood Corporation, OMG! Organic Meets Good, Suncore Foods, Inc., Nutiva, Inc., Creative Nature Ltd., Raw Nutritional, Healthy Truth.
Which segment shows substantial market share in superfoods market in 2019?
The Beverages business accounted for a substantial market share in 2019.
At what CAGR is the superfoods market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of superfoods market is 7.3% from 2020 to 2026.