Global Cable Conduit Systems Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Type, By End User (IT & Telecommunication, Energy, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Commercial Construction), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Cable Conduit Systems Market
Market Report Description
The Global Cable Conduit Systems Market size is expected to reach $9.1 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.9% CAGR during the forecast period.
A cable conduit system refers to a network of tubes that protects and routes electrical cables through structures, allowing electricity and low-voltage communication to flow freely. It has a tubular structure that can be stiff or flexible, and it can be made of metals (stainless steel, galvanized steel, or aluminum) or non-metals.
The cable conduit system is defined as an electrical piping system comprised of plastic, metal, & fiber and used to protect and route electrical wiring in buildings. The adoption of a cable conduit system has made frequent changes to a building's wiring system safer and easier. Internal wiring is well protected by the cable conduit system against moisture, chemical vapors, fire, and explosion. Moreover, the market for cable conduit systems is mostly driven by a massive rise in construction activities around the world and the requirement for greater wire system safety and protection in the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
Some of the growth catalysts for the market are the growing utilization of submersible electric conduits, liquid-tight conduits, & fire-resistant conduits, and rising urbanization in developing economies leading to a rise in construction projects. Moreover, the rising deployment of cable conduit systems in renewable energy generating projects would create lucrative opportunities for the industry players. However, one of the barriers to the growth of the overall cable conduit systems market is a complicated installation process.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a tremendous impact on the electronics and semiconductor industries. Due to a rise in the number of COVID-19 cases, business and industrial facilities in several nations have been closed, and are anticipated to stay closed in the first quarter of 2022. Moreover, the partial or total lockdown has affected the worldwide supply chain, making it difficult for manufacturers to reach their customers. The COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc on society and the global economy. The impact of this pandemic is expanding by the day, and it is harming worldwide business. The crisis is causing instability in the stock market, which is leading to a drop in corporate confidence, a major slowdown in supply chains, and an increase in customer concern.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing needs for bandwidth
The demand for more bandwidth is increasing, resulting in increased infrastructure requirements. In addition, studies show that the demand for increased bandwidth in North America and Europe is currently enormous and is anticipated to grow even more in the near future. Additionally, as the number of subscribers grows, so does the number of devices connected to the networks, as well as the number of data-dense services that can be delivered through the networks. Higher bandwidths are required as a result of these variables. It is also long-lasting and can be utilized for a long time. Moreover, the cable conduit protects the insulation from inadvertent damage.
High accessibility of cable conduit systems
Galvanized steel, steel, PVC, and aluminum are among the materials used to make cable conduit systems. When compared to steel conduit systems, PVC and aluminum conduit systems have a variety of advantages, including lightweight, inexpensive, high durability, and ease of installation. As a result, consumers prefer low-cost PVC and aluminum cable conduit systems to other types of cabling. Moreover, the advent of flexible cable conduit systems would help the market to grow more. For industrial and commercial purposes, flexible cable conduit systems are the most suited type of conduit system. Depending on the construction design, these conduit systems are simple to install because they do not require bending.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Cable conduit systems require a massive cost of installation and modification
The cost of installing a cable conduit system is enormous. When compared to other forms of wiring systems, cable conduit systems require much more material for an installation. In addition, cable conduit systems necessitate highly trained workers, which are rarely necessary for installing cleat, casing, capping, and batten wiring. Moreover, the low availability of these workers in some countries creates uncertainty for the demand. Despite the fact that conduit systems are made of less expensive materials such as composites and PVC, the installation costs are significant. Moreover, changing electrical systems comes with a number of difficulties. The installation of a cable conduit system is complicated, and it takes more time.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Rigid and Flexible. In 2020, the Rigid segment procured the largest revenue share of the Cable Conduit Systems Market. This is because rigid conduits defend against physical damage as well as environmental elements like water and dirt. They also aid in the organization of cables of various sizes and sorts. A Rigid Cable Conduit System refers to a cable management system that protects and routes cables using rigid tubes. Metal or plastic are commonly employed in these systems, which can be used both indoors and outdoors.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into IT & Telecommunication, Energy, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Commercial Construction and Others. The Commercial Construction segment acquired a significant revenue share of the Cable Conduit Systems Market in 2020. This is because cable Conduit Systems provides the commercial space with a cleaner appearance. This aids in client attraction as well as business effectiveness. In a commercial building, cable conduit systems are widely used. The systems aid in the protection and organization of cables, minimizing the risk of accidents. Moreover, they make it simple to detect and troubleshoot any cable issues. Furthermore, in commercial and industrial applications, there is a growing desire for safer and more secure wiring solutions. Compressive strength and resistance of conduits are important features, especially in the manufacturing and crafts industries. In public locations such as airports, train stations, and hotel facilities, circuit integrity in the event of a fire and the prevention of toxic smoke or gas are top priorities.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 5.9 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 9.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.9% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||171|
|Number of Tables||283|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2020, North America emerged as the dominating region in the overall Cable Conduit Systems Market by acquiring the biggest revenue share. Moreover, the regional market is expected to unfold a similar kind of trend even during the forecasting period. This is because of the on-going construction activities at a mass scale, and the high demand for flexible cable conduits.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Cable Conduit Systems Market size to reach USD 9.1 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Cable Conduit Systems Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Schneider Electric SE and ABB Group are the forerunners in the Cable Conduit Systems Market. Companies such as Eaton Corporation PLC, Atkore, Inc., Dura Line ltd. are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Eaton Corporation PLC, Hubbell Incorporated, Legrand S.A., Schneider Electric SE, ABB Group, Atkore, Inc., Igus GmbH, S&C Electric Company, Champion Fiberglass, Inc., and Dura Line ltd. (Orbia Advance Corporation, S.A.B. de C.V.)
Recent Strategies Deployed in Cable Conduit Systems Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Dec-2021: Eaton formed a cybersecurity partnership with Tenable, the Cyber Exposure company. Following the partnership, the two companies would assist the customers to safeguard crucial power systems and industrial control environments. Under this partnership, the century plus experience of Eaton in power systems would be combined with Tenable’s high expertise in safeguarding converged IT/OT environments to provide customers a single pane of glass to see their crucial power environments and industrial control systems.
- Dec-2020: Eaton came into a partnership with Enel X, the Enel Group’s advanced energy services business line. Under this partnership, the two companies would work towards microgrid development in Puerto Rico. Moreover, this project would harness the combined expertise of two companies in technologies to offer advanced solutions that would assist in transforming Puerto Rico’s electric grid and offers its facilities the energy resiliency it requires to maintain operations at the time of grid outages.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jan-2022: Eaton acquired Royal Power Solutions, a U.S.-based maker of high-precision electrical connectivity components used in electric vehicles, energy management, industrial, and mobility markets. This acquisition would expand the ability of the company to leverage the secular growth trajectory across aerospace, eMobility, and electrical businesses. ,
- Dec-2021: Atkore took over the assets of Four Star Industries, a maker of ½” – 6” High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit, especially serving the telecommunications, utility, infrastructure, and datacom markets. This acquisition would expand Atkore's product offerings and allow the company to effectively serve rising markets like broadband and renewable energy. Following the acquisition, Atkore continues to enhance its position to support the recent infrastructure legislation by providing solutions to fulfill nationwide investments.
- Dec-2021: Atkore acquired Sasco Tubes & Roll Forming, a Canadian maker of metal framing and related products serving the electrical, mechanical, construction, and solar industries. The acquisition would support Atkore's current product offerings and allow it to enhance the customer experience by offering a wide range of solutions.
- Jun-2021: Eaton took over 50% stake in Jiangsu YiNeng Electric’s busway business, which makes and markets busway products in China. Following the acquisition, YiNeng’s busway offerings and high presence in China would be integrated with the wide power distribution and power quality offering of Eaton to help the latter to expand packaged solutions that fulfill the requirements of customers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Mar-2021: Eaton acquired Tripp Lite, a leading supplier of power quality products and connectivity solutions including single-phase uninterruptible power supply systems, rack power distribution units. This acquisition would improve the range of edge computing and distributed IT product offerings and expand the single-phase UPS business of Eaton.
- Feb-2021: Eaton took over Cobham Mission Systems, a prominent maker of environmental systems, air-to-air refueling systems, and actuation, especially for defense markets. The extremely complementary products and strong position on rising defense platforms of Cobham Mission Systems would improve Eaton's fuel systems business and position the Aerospace business for future growth.
- Feb-2021: Atkore completed the acquisition of FRE Composites Group, a prominent maker of fiberglass conduit solutions for the electrical, transportation, telecommunications, and infrastructure markets. This acquisition would expand Atkore's conduit product offerings and allow it to effectively serve customers by providing more options to fulfill its wide range of requirements.
- Oct-2020: Atkore took over the assets of Queen City Plastics, a maker of PVC conduit, elbows, and fittings for the electrical market. This acquisition would expand Atkore's prevailing product offerings and allow it to effectively serve customers in the Southeast and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Feb-2020: Eaton took over Power Distribution, a leading supplier of mission-critical power distribution, static switching, and power monitoring equipment and services for data centers and industrial and commercial customers. Following the acquisition, the extremely complementary offerings of PDI would enable Eaton to effectively serve its data center customers.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Feb-2019: Dura-Line introduced PowerGuard, a new high-density polyethylene product. PowerGuard is an HDPE conduit that is well-suited for both low voltage and high voltage cables and is developed to the accurate standards of CSA C22.2 for electrical use.
- Feb-2017: Eaton rolled out the latest range of deck hanger brackets developed to decrease labor while fulfilling crucial electrical code requirements through a reliable riveted assembly and identical ends that do not need the installer to identify the proper side before an installation. With an innovative same end design, Eaton’s B-Line series deck hanger bracket streamlines the install, enabling a quicker install, while fulfilling the NEC code minimum for conduit standoff on deck hangers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End User
- IT & Telecommunication
- Commercial Construction
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Legrand S.A.
- Schneider Electric SE
- ABB Group
- Atkore, Inc.
- Igus GmbH
- S&C Electric Company
- Champion Fiberglass, Inc.
- Dura Line ltd. (Orbia Advance Corporation, S.A.B. de C.V.)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free