Global Burglar Alarm Systems Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Application (Residential and Commercial & Industrial), By Component, By Type (Wired Alarm System and Wireless Alarm System), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Burglar Alarm Systems Market
Market Report Description
The Global Burglar Alarm Systems Market size is expected to reach $5.7 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 6.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
A burglar alarm system is a collection of electrical equipment and sensors linked to the main system that recognizes any unauthorized or forced entry into the premises and sends out alerts via alarms, hooters, and notifications. Burglar alarm systems are seen as a security necessity as the number of cases of offensive and unlawful acts (thefts, vandalism, etc.) continues to rise. Its acceptance is also fueled by a high level of fear among owners and a need to keep resources protected from incursion or destruction.
Recent technological advancements are lowering its costs and expanding its acceptance in both home and commercial settings. There are three primary types of burglar alarm systems. Wired refers to a system in which all components and electrical systems are connected via wires. Wireless refers to the use of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or any other radio technology to connect appliances. Hybrid refers to a system that uses both wired and wireless technology to communicate with the primary system. Because of the enormous variety of input devices available, installing a burglar alarm system is a sophisticated and complex operation with nearly endless combinations. They have the ability to detect motions prior to the actual aggressive threat. Each design or combination, however, has the same underlying premise.
First and foremost, appropriate hardware capable of detecting any intrusion-related activity must be deployed on the premises. This hardware varies a lot depending on the owner's needs, the environment, and the type of protection he or she requires. As a result, this stage is handled by installing burglar sensors, which detect a change in the normal environment and alert the control panel. Each sensor has a different way of working and it can be further adjusted to fit the space. The sensors' primary function is to detect any motion or forced entrance. There are numerous sensors available for detecting the same, however, their operation differs.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Many people had to work from home as offices from all non-essential sectors were shut down by governments of various countries. Thus, the safety of the house became an important issue for people. In the year 2020, the alarm sector saw a moderate demand around the world. The domestic segment has been identified as a prospective security system user. Alarm security systems have become more popular as a result of new business models, the presence of internet giants, and changing customer tastes. There were government-mandated lockdowns across the world.
Market Growth Factors
The Integration of Internet of Things (IoT) in Burglar Alarm Systems
IoT-based security systems ensure user safety by sending immediate notifications. Smart sensing identifies and informs the user of changes in motion, heat, and sound. With the availability of a vast number of high-quality data, IoT makes devices smarter. For example, the utilization of high-definition cameras, infrared vision, and night vision surveillance systems ensure that the specifics of any incident are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When actual movement occurs, motion activation records and transmits the data. DVR (digital video recording) devices aid in the retrieval of a specific event clip for a specific date and time from a larger recording.
Increasing Popularity of Smart Homes
Smart homes have the potential to make everyone’s, especially, old people’s lives more pleasant and secure. The development of these technologies is currently attracting a lot of attention from industry and policymakers. Emerging technologies, in theory, allow for the provision of a new set of services. The potential for deploying these technologies to increase people's safety and protection from robberies and burglaries is particularly significant. Sensor data can be collected by networked devices, which can improve decision-making on intervention and other measures. Furthermore, these gadgets can be used to teach and warn people about safety hazards.
Market Restraining Factors
High Cost of Deploying, Operating and Maintaining Burglar Alarm Systems
The cost of the hardware, software and services required to establish a security system has a considerable impact on the adoption of home security solutions. As the burglar alarm systems become smarter and wireless, the price is only expected to increase for these systems. Because of the pricey hardware and consultancy fees, the upfront installation cost of a professionally installed system is higher. The cost of ownership, too, is significant as the system requires frequent maintenance, entails subscription payments, and replacement costs in case of any problems. Subscription costs levied by third-party monitoring companies often range from $150 to $1500.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Residential and Commercial & Industrial. The residential segment acquired the largest revenue share in the burglar alarm systems market in 2021. Burglar alarm systems are becoming increasingly popular in the residential sector. Several product standards have been released by organizations in order to provide efficient alarm systems.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Hardware (Alarm Sensors, Motion Detection Sensors, Central Monitoring Receiver, Remote Terminal Unit, and Door/ Window Sensors), Software, and Services. The services segment procured a significant revenue share in the burglar alarm systems market in 2021. Providers of burglar alarm systems are emphasizing investments in smart technologies. It combines AI and IoT to provide end-users with full alarm solutions. Integrating wireless systems alternatives and remote monitoring tools with burglar alarm systems is projected to enhance demand for security software solutions, according to market players.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Wired Alarm System and Wireless Alarm System. The wired alarm segment acquired the highest revenue share in the burglar alarm systems market in 2021. Due to technology improvements and safety concerns, burglar alarm systems have become more popular in recent years. Electrical field, vibration, audio, capacitance, and photoelectric beam sensors are among the technologies utilized in burglar alarms. A hardwired alarm system uses a network of cables hidden throughout the walls and floors of the home to connect the sensors to the control panel.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 3.7 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 5.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.4% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||266|
|Number of Tables||443|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Type, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America acquired the highest revenue share in the burglar alarm systems market in 2021. Mergers and acquisitions are allowing market companies to expand their footprints across the area. ASSA ABLOY, for example, bought Spectrum Brands, Inc., a hardware and home improvement subsidiary, in September 2021. Spectrum Brands, Inc. is a residential security systems supplier established in the United States.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Burglar Alarm Systems Market size to reach USD 5.7 Billion by 2028
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Burglar Alarm Systems Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Siemens AG and Honeywell International, Inc. are the forerunners in the Burglar Alarm Systems Market. Companies such as Johnson Controls International PLC, Assa Abloy AB, Hangzhou Hikvision Technology Co., Ltd. are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include ADT, Inc., Assa Abloy AB, Hangzhou Hikvision Technology Co., Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Johnson Controls International PLC, Siemens AG, Napco Security Technologies, Inc., RISCO Ltd., Inovonics Wireless Corporation, and Banham Security.
Strategies Deployed in Burglar Alarm Systems Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2021: NAPCO Security Technologies teamed up with CBC AMERICA, a leading manufacturer of intelligent security systems and the parent company of Ganz. Napco is one of the world's most dominant solutions providers and producers of technologically advanced electronic security equipment including intrusion and fire alarm systems, communications, and enterprise-class access control and door locking products. Under the collaboration, both companies aimed to develop an intelligent video solution with the integration of Ganz CORTROL Video Management Software with Napco Access Solutions & the Continental Access Control Platform.
- Aug-2020: ADT formed a partnership with Google, an American multinational technology company. Under the partnership, both companies aimed to develop the next generation of smart home security offerings. Additionally, the partnership combined Nest’s award-winning hardware and services, powered by Google’s machine learning technology, with ADT’s installation, service, and professional monitoring network to make a more user-friendly smart home and unified experience for customers across the United States.
» Product Launch and Product Expansion:
- May-2022: Hikvision released AX Hybrid PRO alarm system equipped with innovative Hikvision 'Speed-X' transmission technology. The product is built to suit different scenarios including banks, factories, offices, and retail stores. The AX Hybrid PRO Series provides the integration of dependable wired protection while giving more flexibility with smooth wireless integration.
- Mar-2022: Inovonics released updates to its Genetec Security Center application, which integrated the application with its mobile duress system. The integration enabled any security dealer and end customer that uses Genetec Security Center to accurately pinpoint duress pendant activation locations directly within the operator's interface for better emergency response.
- Dec-2021: Hikvision released a ‘security kit’, a kit designed for small businesses. The kit makes enterprise security and access control features accessible to small businesses at a low price, decreasing workloads and costs, and quickening incident responses. The security kit is designed to assist small businesses globally to optimize their security and decrease associated workloads and costs. Additionally, the product also gives business owners the choice to monitor security from anywhere, giving them mental peace when they are unable to be on site.
- Nov-2021: Inovonics launched the Mobile Duress System, a system that operates in collaboration with any existing security system, sending location details directly into a central station, video surveillance or access control system, or any other IP-based application. The product offers accurate indoor room and floor-level location when anyone triggers an Inovonics pendant. The solution is founded on the Inovonics cloud platform and it combines the dependable hardware Inovonics is famous for with strong software and API tools for simple integration and data access.
- Sep-2020: Honeywell launched Pro-Watch Integrated Security Suite, a software platform developed secure people and property, enhance productivity and ensure compliance with industry regulations. Pro-Watch Intelligent Command is a strong yet simple, solution that brings all security elements together to ensure quick decision making and mitigate risks.
- Sep-2020: Hikvision launched the AX PRO, the new generation of wireless alarm systems. This new line offers extensive alarm solutions for residential and commercial applications. The products under this line feature a comprehensive and integrated wireless alarm system, AX PRO panel hub with dual RF chip design, a broad range of detectors and peripherals options, and finally, intruder verification as a service.
» Acquisition, Joint Venture and Merger:
- Apr-2022: Johnson Controls completed the acquisition of Security Enhancement Systems LLC (SES), a provider of mobile-based, keyless access control solutions used in critical infrastructure, including telecommunication towers for major providers. This acquisition validated Security Enhancement Systems' product realization of the past seven years and Johnson Controls aimed to bring its technology into their product portfolio.
- Mar-2022: Johnson Controls acquired Envision Intelligent Solutions, a security platforms business focusing on technology-enabled remote monitoring and perimeter protection services. With this acquisition, Johnson Controls aimed to combine Envision’s security solutions with its technology strength and OpenBlue suite of connected building solutions to offer an optimal combination for future growth and opportunities to improve various existing customer relationships, while modernizing and streamlining technology-led estate strategies.
- Dec-2021: Honeywell completed the acquisition of US Digital Designs, an Arizona-based engineering solutions company. With the acquisition, Honeywell aimed to combine US Digital Designs’ offerings with its solutions to safely transmit extensive data about an emergency, such as the type of hazard, severity, and location within the impacted building, all before first responders even arrive on site.
- Oct-2021: ADT acquired Edwards Electronic Systems, a premier fire, life safety, and security systems provider. ADT aimed to expand its premier organization and deepen its fire and life safety capabilities in the Carolinas region with this acquisition. The acquisition shows the strength of ADT Commercial and emphasizes its mission to be that One Ideal Partner for its commercial customers across the country.
- Jun-2021: Assa Abloy acquired MR Group's hardware division, a supplier of aluminum profile hardware and locks in Portugal. Assa Abloy aimed to expand its mechanical core business with the acquisition. The acquisition also helped Assa Abloy expand its product portfolio and improve its regional footprint.
- May-2021: Assa Abloy completed the acquisition of Sure-Loc, a leading supplier of residential locks and associated hardware in the US. The acquisition complemented Assa Abloy's mechanical hardware portfolio, supporting their ambitions to grow their residential business in the US. Additionally, Sure-Loc's reputation for good products and great customer service mirrored Assa Abloy's commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Dec-2020: Honeywell acquired Sparta Systems, a pioneer in quality management innovation. With the acquisition, Honeywell got hold of Sparta Systems' MedTech and pharma quality management software. Honeywell aimed to utilize Sparta’s expertise to release integrated solutions such as QMS offerings, for life sciences and other industries. The integrated offerings made it simpler for customers to gain crucial insights from manufacturing and quality data that enhanced their manufacturing processes while maintaining product quality, patient safety, and supply chain continuity.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Commercial & Industrial
- Alarm Sensors
- Motion Detection Sensors
- Central Monitoring Receiver
- Remote Terminal Unit
- Door/ Window Sensors
- Wired Alarm System
- Wireless Alarm System
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- ADT, Inc.
- Assa Abloy AB
- Hangzhou Hikvision Technology Co., Ltd.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Johnson Controls International PLC
- Siemens AG
- Napco Security Technologies, Inc.
- RISCO Ltd.
- Inovonics Wireless Corporation
- Banham Security
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Burglar Alarm Systems Market Report 2022-2028
Europe Burglar Alarm Systems Market Report 2022-2028
Asia Pacific Burglar Alarm Systems Market Report 2022-2028
What would be the size of the alarm systems market by 2028?
The global alarm systems market size is expected to reach $5.7 billion by 2028.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the alarm systems market?
The Integration of Internet of Things (IoT) in Burglar Alarm Systems are driving the market in coming years, however, High Cost of Deploying, Operating and Maintaining Burglar Alarm Systems limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
ADT, Inc., Assa Abloy AB, Hangzhou Hikvision Technology Co., Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Johnson Controls International PLC, Siemens AG, Napco Security Technologies, Inc., RISCO Ltd., Inovonics Wireless Corporation, and Banham Security.
At what CAGR is the alarm systems market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the alarm systems market is 6.4% from 2022 to 2028.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the alarm systems market in 2021?
The Hardware segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Burglar Alarm Systems Market by Component in 2021, thereby, achieving a market value of $3.37 billion by 2028.
Which region dominated the alarm systems market in 2021?
The North America market dominated the Global Burglar Alarm Systems Market by Region in 2021, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2028; thereby, achieving a market value of $2.13 billion by 2028.