Global Broadcast Equipment Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Analog and Digital), By Product Type, By Application (Television, and Radio), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Broadcast Equipment Market
Market Report Description
The Global Broadcast Equipment Market size is expected to reach $6 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 4.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
The presentation of audio & video data to an audience through electronic mass communications is known as broadcasting. FM Radio was the first kind of broadcasting, which became widespread around 1920 as vacuum tube radio transmitters became more widely available. A broadcast is a method of disseminating information to a large audience. In most cases, broadcasting is limited to a local area network system. Broadcasting services remain appealing because they provide the most direct and dependable information to a large audience. It will provide free service once individuals obtain the broadcast equipment. Broadcast signals have a greater range than cable, broadband, or cellphone networks.
The expansion of the Broadcast Equipment Market is being driven by an increase in the consumption of smart electronic devices, an increase in the demand for 3D and HD content, and an increase in internet penetration. People may now watch their favorite broadcasting shows, such as web series, movies, and cartoons, on their portable electronic gadgets, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, due to the internet, which provides high-quality content that is easy to reach to anybody. Moreover, the industry is seeing increased investment in high-speed broadband infrastructure, technological improvements, and demand for D2C offerings via OTT services, all of which are generating growth prospects.
HD video quality has been enhanced with developments in broadcasting equipment devices due to emerging technologies such as IoT and AI. The industry is growing because of an increase in the number of digital channels and over-the-top (OTT) services available.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
During 2020 & 2021, the COVID-19 Pandemic had a detrimental impact on the broadcast equipment business, leading in lower revenues among market players. As a consequence, between the first half of 2020 and also the first half of 2021, the market's growth trajectory slowed. With the organization of various sporting events, soaring OTT subscriptions, and an elevated expansion of digital broadcasting by broadcasters in the second half of 2021, the demand for broadcast equipment is estimated to rise. The COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant influence on the broadcaster's income, since businesses around the world are hesitant to spend money on advertisements. The brands must use their limited financial reserves, notably when demand is restricted due to the slowdown of the economy.
Market driving Factors:
Huge demand for encoders that support various formats
In the broadcasting sector, encoders have become a need for maintaining precision, accuracy, and control. They transform an active input signal into a coded output signal using combinational logic circuits. Encoders for media broadcasting support a variety of formats, including video, audio, and image data structures. OTT services use the internet to provide music, video, as well as other media content without using wires. Video encoders are used by broadcasting players to provide higher viewing experience to subscribers. The growing popularity of over-the-top (OTT) content viewing has fueled demand for encoders in broadcasting. The introduction of video encoders provides a feasible alternative for the sports, media, and entertainment industries, allowing for remote operation, remote production, plus live production in the cloud.
Deployment of AI-based technologies for broadcasting process
In recent years, artificial intelligence (AI) has played a significant role in strengthening and revolutionizing companies all over the world. AI is employed by a variety of entities across numerous platforms, ranging from government agencies to huge corporations to small online companies. In the broadcasting workflow, artificial intelligence-enhanced broadcasting technologies are being deployed. It enables viewers to increase efficiency, productivity, and creative opportunities throughout content creation in a precise and automatic manner. AI is being used in the broadcasting sector to make visual material more engaging and entertaining. Furthermore, AI can be utilized in FM stations to monitor and record illegal broadcasts.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Increase in the number of cyber-attacks
Among fraudsters and malware experts, cyber security is a critical and never-ending concern. Cyber-attacks have tremendous reputational and financial consequences for an organization. It can get access to user data on the broadcasting operator's channel, like content as well as other sensitive information. Regardless matter how secure a system is, it will have vulnerabilities. For content generation, storage, and distribution, the broadcasting equipment market heavily relies on IT, the internet, and internal and web-connected networks. Because it is such an essential aspect of the broadcast equipment business, data security becomes a major focus. Cyber attackers are difficult to spot and avoid in real time, limiting the growth of the broadcasting equipment industry.
Based on Technology, the market is segmented into Analog and Digital. The digital technology segment acquired a significant revenue share in the broadcast equipment market in 2020. Digital broadcasting is the technique of broadcasting across radio frequency bands utilizing digital transmissions instead of analogue signals. It has gained in popularity, particularly in digital tv formats such as digital satellite television & terrestrial television.
Product Type Outlook
Based on Product Type, the market is segmented into Encoders, Antennas, Amplifiers, Transmitters/Repeaters, Switches, Video Servers, Modulators, and Others. The encoders segment garnered the highest revenue share in the broadcast equipment market in 2020. In digital broadcasting, encoders are widely employed. One of primary elements fueling the expansion of the industry is the growing need for Ultra HD content transmission & production. In the coming years, the growing number of digital channels is expected to provide significant growth prospects for both new and established broadcast equipment ecosystem companies.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Television, and Radio. Radio segment registered a significant revenue share in the broadcast equipment market in 2020. Radio broadcasting is one of the earliest forms of broadcasting medium. This kind of broadcasting needs wide range of devices like Microphones and Processors. These devices and equipment help companies to carry out broadcasting of radio signals in a better way without any disruption.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 4.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 6 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.8% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||218|
|Number of Tables||383|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Technology, Product Type, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the broadcast equipment market with the maximum revenue share in 2020. It is due to the growing count of cable and satellite television channels, as well as the widespread use of the internet, which have given broadcasters a variety of options for maintaining their market dominance in the future. North America leads the way in terms of increasing the number of broadcast channels, which has increased demand for radio broadcast equipment.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Broadcast Equipment Market size to reach USD 6 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Broadcast Equipment Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Cisco Systems, Inc. is the major forerunner in the Broadcast Equipment Market. Companies such as Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Grass Valley, CommScope Holding Company, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include CommScope Holding Company, Inc., Evertz Technologies Limited, Harmonic Inc., EVS Broadcast Equipment SA, Grass Valley, Wellav Technologies Ltd., Eletec S.a.r.l., Clyde Broadcast Technology Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and Cisco Systems, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Broadcast Equipment Market
- Oct-2021: Ericsson formed a partnership with Mobile TeleSystems Public Joint Stock Company, Russia’s largest mobile communications provider. Under this partnership, the companies aimed to produce private 5G-ready networks for the industrial organization in Russia. Additionally, the network would provide a high-performance and active private network, assuring the organization with the security and connectivity required as per 5G or 4G cellular connectivity.
- Oct-2021: Ericsson extended their five-year deal partnership with Telenet, Belgian Communications Service Provider. Under this partnership, Ericsson would take authority for design, planning, optimization, and operations to develop Ericsson Operations Engine. This solution would various vendor networks' expertise with the latest AI-enabled Cognitive Software offering. Moreover, the solution would enhance consumer experiences and assure an admirable return from Telenet’s installed network benefits.
- Sep-2021: Grass Valley came into a partnership with Telos Alliance, an American corporation manufacturing audio product primarily for broadcast stations. Together, the companies aimed to launch Telos Infinity VIP on the GV Agile Media Processing Platform to support supports crucial intercom functionality already well known to production professionals, such as IFBs groups, party lines, and peer-to-peer communication. Additionally, the product is being beta-tested by All Mobile Video and would be live with an AMV consumer in the coming years.
- Sep-2021: Ericsson launched the ultra-lightweight antenna-integrated radio AIR 3268, easy and efficient 5G mid-band. The product would help to propel 5G mid-band deployment for telecom service providers exploring to accelerate coverage, speeds, mobile experiences, and capacity for subscribers.
- Aug-2021: Ericsson formed a partnership with Mediacom Communications Corporation, the fifth-largest cable operator in the U.S. Under this partnership, Ericsson RAN solutions permit Mediacom to provide FWA high-speed internet services up to nine miles from each tower position. Additionally, Mediacom would offer cost-effective and quick broadbands to the thousands of new inequitable homes in the enterprise of rural communities around Mediacom’s multi-state reach.
- Apr-2021: Cisco introduced Cloud Native Broadband Network Gateway, a new range of networking equipment. This launch aimed to help web-scale enterprises as well as communication service providers to manage increasing demand along with 5G network rollouts. Additionally, networking equipment was launched to wireline telco consumers, to connect with cloud-native broadband routers for mobile and cable whereas it anticipates the way for meeting cooperative subscriber management solutions and allows CSPs to offer atheistic services.
- Mar-2021: Cisco took over Acacia Communications, a Massachusetts-based company, and an existing Cisco supplier. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to strengthen its optics of critical building blocks that would improve Cisco’s Internet for the Future strategy with top notch coherent optical solutions for consumers.
- Dec-2020: Grass Valley formed a partnership with LiveU, which provides portable cellular-based video solutions. Under this collaboration, the companies aimed to expedite live production, news, and expedite management such as simplifying the procedure and boosting up live broadcasts with fascinating content such as live feeds from LiveU units can be combined into the GV STRATUS news and asset management tool as well as High-quality live feeds can be sent from any of LiveU's field units.
- Nov-2018: CommScope acquired ARRIS International, a global leader in entertainment and communications solutions. Through this acquisition, CommScope is predicted to propel cost-effective growth in the market and mold future wireless and wired communications. In addition, CommScope would asset in a better position for long-term industry growth trends such as fiber and mobility, Internet of Things, 5G, network convergence, and changing technology and network architectures.
- Nov-2017: Cisco extended its partnership with BT, a British multinational telecommunication holding company. Under this partnership, the companies aimed to integrate a new Cisco-based consumer assumption equipment virtualization solution managed by BT and the combination of Cisco's network automation and orchestration software platform into BT's networking offerings. This combination would allow the consumer to save the cost and time required to deploy network functions such as acceleration, routing, and security across their global estate while concising the transition from independent hardware-based appliances to a fully virtualized network ecosystem.
- Aug-2017: CommScope completed the acquisition of Cable Exchange, a privately-held, quick-turn supplier of fiber optic and copper assemblies for data, voice, and video communications. This acquisition expanded CommScope’s abilities to support the increasing market for high efficiency, multi-tenant data centers, and hyper scale data centers managed by the world’s biggest technology and retail enterprise. Additionally, with more user-driven information and business flows through networks, operators are rapidly deployed in larger and more complex data centers to support growth in transactions and traffic.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product Type
- Video Servers
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- CommScope Holding Company, Inc.
- Evertz Technologies Limited
- Harmonic Inc.
- EVS Broadcast Equipment SA
- Grass Valley
- Wellav Technologies Ltd.
- Eletec S.a.r.l.
- Clyde Broadcast Technology Ltd.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free