Global X-ray Security Screening Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Application (Product Screening and People Screening), By End Use (Government, Transit, and Commercial), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the X-ray Security Screening Market
Market Report Description
The Global X-ray Security Screening Market size is expected to reach $5.4 billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 8.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
The security of travelers, property, and infrastructure is guaranteed by X-ray body scanners and X-ray baggage scanners. In addition, security officers must deal with contraband like weapons, explosives, and drugs in a public setting. An X-ray scanner can find hazardous inorganic, organic, and metal substances. An X-ray screening device's main job is to act as a kind of network access to protect people at a particular location.
In order to find any potential hidden contraband or smuggled products, as well as explosives, guns, narcotics, or weapons of mass destruction, it enables officials to inspect the bags & luggage of persons entering. This allows for the detection of such items before any harm or damage is done.
The market expansion might be ascribed to rising dangers like criminal activity and the expanding use of screening methods for checking individuals and goods for the presence of weapons. However, the demand for improved security screenings is also driven by expanding commercial development activity, particularly the creation of big shopping complexes.
Many organizations have employed biometrics technology for physical and logistical access to reduce the hazards linked with data. Access control, theft prevention, leakage control, and staff attendance are all achieved through these technologies. Furthermore, employees using biometrics don't need to carry anything to prove their identity or remember passwords. Compared to other security solutions, this enables the adoption of biometrics technologies much simpler and faster. These advantages should further support market expansion.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge negative impact on the worldwide manufacturing and industrial sector, as per market trends for X-ray security screening, since production facilities have stagnated. On the other hand, this has resulted in a significant increase in demand across industries. Though, the emergence of COVID-19 pushed security groups to alter their methods of operation. Due to the pandemic, improved airport security became more important than ever. According to COVID-19, a biometric system is in demand at airports as it is a useful instrument for access control and enables contactless identity verification.
Market Growth Factors
Growing security concerns across the globe
The increase in criminal activity has an impact on global security laws, standards, and operational efficiency. Terrorism, illegal drug, and weapon trafficking, and illegal immigration are a few examples. In order to meet these high-security standards, security screening procedures, including security officers and screening tools, must be implemented. The intricacy of the current, constantly changing danger has made the deployment of security screening systems necessary in threat-affected locations. Hence, the growth of the X-ray security screening market is being supported during the projection period by the growing need for improved security screening technologies.
Rising cases of terrorist attacks
Some well-known terrorist attacks committed by groups or individuals include the 2005 London bombings, the infamous 9/11 attacks in the US, the 2019 Easter bombing in Sri Lanka, the 2008 Mumbai attacks, the 2019 mosque shooting in New Zealand, and the 2005 bombs in London and Mumbai. A comprehensive X-ray image of freight is obtained by using X-ray cargo scanners. Any metal or potentially dangerous materials in the freight are highlighted in the X-ray image. Any undesirable acts are stopped as a result.
Market Restraining Factors
Health concerns associated with these systems
In comparison to backscatter scanners, transmission scanners use ten times more X-rays. High levels of X-ray exposure can result in cataracts, heritable effects, and an increased risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. If that is the case, it is advisable to utilize a backscatter scanner instead of a transmission scanner to lessen health hazards or to switch to a millimeter-wave body scanner in favor of the X-ray body scanner to do away with health risks. The market expansion in the approaching years may be hampered by these health concerns related to X-ray security scanners.
By end-use, the X-ray security screening market is segmented into transit, commercial, and government. The transit segment acquired a significant revenue share in the x-ray security screening market in 2022. An increase in passengers globally and ongoing attempts to implement security precautions to provide complete safety for residents and international travelers can be linked to the category growth. The demand for X-ray security screening in the transit segment is anticipated to increase during this.
Based on application, the X-ray security screening market is categorized into product Screening, and people screening. In 2022, the product screening segment witnessed the largest revenue share in the X-ray security screening market. As a result of technology developments, manufacturers can now easily incorporate both traditional screening and new scanning end-uses, fostering the market's expansion. In addition, the risk of criminal activity, like drug trafficking, at airports continues to be the main factor driving the segment's expansion. Therefore, future expansion could rely heavily on promises of upkeep and training.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 3.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 5.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.3% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||163|
|Number of Table||253|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, End-use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the X-ray security screening market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. The North America region led the X-ray security screening market by generating maximum revenue share in 2022. The increased demand for these items inside governmental entities is responsible for this expansion. In the defense industry, these goods are also commonly used. Throughout the projected period, the market is anticipated to increase as a result of significant public investments in enhancing the current infrastructure for public safety and security to counter threats like terrorism and illegal immigration.
Free Valuable Insights: Global X-ray Security Screening Market size to reach USD 5.4 Billion by 2029
KBV Cardinal Matrix - X-ray Security Screening Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Smiths Detection Group Ltd. (Smiths Group plc), Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Thales Group S.A., NEC Corporation, and Leidos Holdings, Inc. are the forerunners in the X-ray Security Screening Market. Companies such as Kromek Group plc and Analogic Corporation are some of the key innovators in X-ray Security Screening Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Smiths Detection Group Ltd. (Smiths Group plc), Thales Group S.A., Kromek Group plc, NEC Corporation, Leidos Holdings, Inc., Aware, Inc., Bruker Corporation, OSI Systems, Inc. and Analogic Corporation (Altaris Capital Partners)
Recent Strategies Deployed in X-ray Security Screening Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Mar-2023: Smiths Detection collaborated with GRASP Innovations, a provider of aviation security optimization solutions. This collaboration would enable the combination of GRASPs sensor technology into Smiths Detection's security checkpoints. This alliance is part of Smiths Detection’s Ada Initiative which seeks to allow software, algorithms, and hardware from various product suppliers to be plugged together through open architecture.
- Nov-2022: Leidos partnered with London City Airport, a regional airport in London, England. This partnership would improve London City Airport's security checkpoints. With this alliance, airports would be able to achieve high-security levels, while offering a better travel experience for their passengers.
- Sep-2022: Smiths Detection signed an agreement with Bharat Electronics Limited, an India-based public sector undertaking. Following this agreement, BEL and Smiths Detection would leverage the high-end developed technological specialisms of both firms to meet India's domestic security requirements.
- Jul-2022: Kromek Group plc came into an agreement with Smiths Detection, a threat detection and security screening technologies. Through this agreement, Smiths Detections would distribute wearable radiation detection and identification solutions to South and North American markets. Additionally, the agreement would aim to broaden user access to Kromek’s technology by aligning with Smiths Detection’s regional reputation and presence.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Feb-2023: Smiths Detection introduced the HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX Model S, a smaller footprint version of Computed Tomography (CT) passenger checkpoint scanner. The product enhances the power of CT X-ray scanning removing the requirement to eliminate electronic devices, gels, and liquids from hand luggage by offering 3D volumetric images, decreasing the number of trays, and speeding up the security screening process.
- Oct-2022: Smiths Detection released the HI-SCAN 7555 DV, a dual-view X-ray scanner. The product offers high image quality, a compact footprint, and automatic explosives detection, to deliver efficient screening in high-threat applications.
- Jul-2022: Thales Introduced HELIXVIEW, a compact, stationary, innovative, and lightweight Cabin Baggage Detection System. The product is a C3-compliant scanner that integrates 3D imaging reconstruction and X-ray nanotechnology-based electronic scanning. This launch shows Thales' skills in Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence to build an economical and intelligent solution for airports.
- Jun-2022: Teledyne FLIR Defense, part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, unveiled Kobra 725 modular robot, the new unmanned ground platform. The product offers payload support and unmatched power in an easily operable package. Moreover, the robot's advanced manipulator arm can lift heavy loads and stretches to a height of around four meters to access hard-to-reach places.
- May-2022: Analogic Corporation rolled out ConneCT Computed Tomography, a checkpoint security screening system. The product would notably enhance aviation security and passenger experience by delivering improved 3-D images to security officers and by limiting divesture, all in a touch-free environment.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Oct-2022: Teledyne Technologies signed an agreement to acquire ETM-Electromatic, Inc., a designer, and manufacturer of high-energy X-ray subsystems and High-power microwaves for defense, cancer radiotherapy, and X-ray applications. This acquisition would boost Teledyne's ability to deliver greater content and subsystem-level solutions to defense, cancer radiotherapy, and security customers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Product Screening
- People Screening
By End Use
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated)
- Smiths Detection Group Ltd. (Smiths Group plc)
- Thales Group S.A.
- Kromek Group plc
- NEC Corporation
- Leidos Holdings, Inc.
- Aware, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Analogic Corporation (Altaris Capital Partners)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America X-ray Security Screening Market Report 2023-2029
Europe X-ray Security Screening Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific X-ray Security Screening Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Rising cases of terrorist attacks are driving the Market in coming years, however, Health concerns associated with these systems restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Smiths Detection Group Ltd. (Smiths Group plc), Thales Group S.A., Kromek Group plc, NEC Corporation, Leidos Holdings, Inc., Aware, Inc., Bruker Corporation, OSI Systems, Inc. and Analogic Corporation (Altaris Capital Partners)
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Government segment is leading the Market by End-use in 2022 thereby, achieving a market value of $2.7 billion by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Market by Region in 2022, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2029; thereby, achieving a market value of $2 billion by 2029.