Global Wireless Earphone Market By Application (Music & Entertainment, Gaming, Virtual Reality and Fitness), By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Wireless Earphone Market
Market Report Description
The Global Wireless Earphone Market size is expected to reach $2.9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 8% CAGR during the forecast period. Wireless earphones have a single earbud, sporting earbuds or earphones. Wireless earphones are wired to a variety of gadgets such as tablets, computers, smartphones, televisions, stereo speakers, etc. using technology such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or NFC. Wireless earphones send and receive signals without the use of any form of cable or wire. In the case of Bluetooth earphone technology, it requires a small computer chip that allows communication between the unit and the earphone. Wireless earphones may be attached to several computers. It is a rechargeable system with a battery life of around twenty to thirty hours. These are used for chat, listening to music, video games, among other uses.
Global Wireless Earphone Market Size
Growing preference for wireless devices, coupled with the increased use of smart technology, is a major factor projected to fuel demand for wireless earphones and drive growth in the global market over the forecast period. In addition, the increasing rise of wireless contact lenses, as they offer freedom of movement and can be used during gym exercises, sports, or other physical activities, is another aspect projected to fuel the growth of the global market.
Technological advances integrated into the manufacturing process allow companies to attract a large consumer base of wireless earphones. Features such as noise cancellation and better wireless networking are the main modifications implemented in the products, increasing their acceptance by millennials. In addition, the growing proliferation of smartphones and access to the Internet is paving the way for manufacturers to become future contributors to this market.
Wireless Earphone Market Share
Earphones that transform into multi-functional smart devices can fuel the growth of the industry. Consumers are increasingly using wireless earphones for a range of uses, such as listening to music, audiobooks, streaming digital podcasts, and making calls while keeping their hands free. Continuous improvement in consumer preferences, along with increasing technological advances, has resulted in a boom in product miniaturization, fueling the popularity of wireless earphones. The ability of these products to concentrate on user convenience and sound quality is one of the key reasons supporting the high adoption of wireless earphones.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Music & Entertainment, Gaming, Virtual Reality and Fitness. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Wireless Earphone Market to reach a market size of $2.9 billion by 2026
Wireless Earphone Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Apple, Inc. are the forerunners in the Wireless Earphone Market. Companies such as Koninklijke Philips N.V., Sony Corporation, Logitech International S.A., Panasonic Corporation, Pioneer Corporation, Shure, Inc., and Plantronics, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Sony Corporation, Apple, Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), Koninklijke Philips N.V., Logitech International S.A., Panasonic Corporation, Pioneer Corporation, Plantronics, Inc., Grado Labs, Inc., and Shure, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Wireless Earphone Market
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Aug-2020: Sony launched the WF-1000XM3 true wireless earphones with active noise cancellation in India. These earphones were launched globally in 2019. Sony WF-1000XM3 features the proprietary QN1e processor for active noise cancellation. The earphones have 6mm dynamic drivers, a frequency response range of 20Hz to 20,000Hz, Bluetooth 5.0, and support for the SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs.
- Aug-2020: Philips extended its Audio range with the launch of multiple new audio products. These include the TAT4205BK truly wireless earbuds, the TAN2215BK wireless neckband, the HTL4080 wireless soundbar, and the HTL1045 soundbar. The TAT4205BK truly wireless earbuds feature composite Mylar material drivers that deliver high-fidelity sound without any audible distortion. It has soft rubberized wing tips to ensure a secure fit, IPX5 certification, and 20-hour battery life.
- Jun-2020: Sony introduced two earbuds in India; WF-XB700 and WF-SP800N. The XB700 TWS earbuds would be available in black and blue colour options, while the SP800N would have three colour options black, blue, and white.
- Feb-2020: Samsung unveiled the second-generation true wireless earbuds, the Galaxy Buds Plus. They can last for up to 11 hours on a single charge, and the charging case extended that to 22 hours before everything needs to be juiced back up.
- Jan-2020: Panasonic released two new true wireless headphones, the RZ-S500W and RZ-S300W. These headphones comes with industry-leading noise cancelling performance, compact design and stable connectivity, which ensures uninterrupted sound and excellent phone voice quality for seamless and clear phone conversations.
- Jan-2020: Shure released two new wireless products, the Aonic 215 and the Aonic 50. Aonic 215 is a pair of true wireless earbuds and the Aonic 50 is a pair of noise-canceling headphones.
- Oct-2019: Apple launched the latest version of its wireless headphones, the Apple AirPods Pro. Apple AirPods Pro provides one-tap setup experience, incredible sound, and has iconic design.
- Sep-2019: Samsung released ITFIT, the budget wireless earphones in India. ITFIT has premium design and built as per the video. These earphones come with 10 mm High-quality driver along with magnetic earbuds.
- Sep-2019: Philips introduced the SHB2515 and SHB2505, two new true wireless in-ear headphones in India. These wireless headphones support Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. The Philips SHB2515 headphones can offer 95 hours of playtime and the SHB2505 model can deliver 15 hours of playtime. The SHB2515 comes with a charging case that can also act as a power bank for your mobile phone.
- Sep-2019: Plantronics announced the launch of an all-new true wireless lineup, the BackBeat PRO 5100, BackBeat FIT 3200, and BackBeat FIT 3150 in addition to the BackBeat FIT 6100, a new over-the-head solution. The BackBeat family features Plantronics legendary audio quality, reliable connectivity and innovative technology, as well as exceptional comfort, fit, durability and long-lasting battery life.
- Apr-2018: HARMAN International launched JBL Free in India. JBL Free is a truly wireless in ear headphone for a completely hands-free experience. JBL Free provides superior sound, versatility and has sleek looks.
- Sep-2017: Philips unveiled a number of new headphones including a fully wireless pair of earbuds, the True Wireless SHB4385 in-ear Bluetooth buds. These earbuds have a C-fit stability fin to make sure they stay snug and fit in your ears, and last six hours on a single charge. The SHB4385 is part of Philips’s new BASS+ headphones range, which focuses on delivering powerful bass.
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2018: Pioneer in collaboration with Onkyo, launched the SE-E8TW ‘Truly Wireless’ earphones. The E8s are IPX5-rated for water-resistance and include ambient awareness earphone tips to keep you safe. Playback control, call management, and voice-assistant interaction can all be carried at the touch of a multi-function button, while the Pioneer Notification App for Android can read out email to the listener.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Apr-2016: Logitech International acquired Jaybird LLC, a leader in wireless audio wearables for sports and active lifestyles. The acquisition enabled the company to address the fastgrowing wireless audio wearables market with Jaybird’s strong brand and sports expertise.
Scope of the Wireless Earphone Market Analysis
- Music & Entertainment
- Virtual Reality
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Sony Corporation
- Apple, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Logitech International S.A.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Plantronics, Inc.
- Grado Labs, Inc.
- Shure, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Wireless Earphone Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global wireless earphone market by 2026?
The wireless earphone market is projected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2026.
Who are the leading players in wireless earphone market?
Sony Corporation, Apple, Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), Koninklijke Philips N.V., Logitech International S.A., Panasonic Corporation, Pioneer Corporation, Plantronics, Inc., Grado Labs, Inc., and Shure, Inc.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive wireless earphone market trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is adoption of audio technology advancements in smartphone technologies.
Which region shows maximum potential growth of wireless earphone market over the forecast period?
The North America led the market for wireless earphones. It is due to the region's highest Internet penetration rate worldwide.