Global Waterjet Cutting Machine Market By Type (Abrasive and Pure), By Application (Automotive, Metal Fabrication, Electronics, Mining, Aerospace & Defense and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Waterjet Cutting Machine Market
Market Report Description
The Global Waterjet Cutting Machine Market size is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Waterjet cutting machines are generally used in the manufacturing sector for the purpose of cutting metal and other materials. The machines utilize water as a crucial element to cut thin or thick materials. In the last few years, the manufacturing industry has seen advancements in cutting technology and smart production processes. Some significant examples are robotic water jet cutting devices, 3D, and micro water jet cutting systems. In the upcoming years, the growing industrial sector in the Middle East and Africa area will create a favorable environment for the water jet cutting machines market.
Abrasive grit is carried by an ultra-high-pressure stream of water which is used by the water jet cutting. Through a mechanical sawing action, the abrasive cuts the material, leaving a smooth, precision cut surface. Waterjet cutting is the most versatile method since it can cut practically any material. Materials that are extremely brittle, such as tempered glass and some ceramics, are the limitations of the water jet cutting machine. Water jet cutting is a very accurate method of cutting. It features a tiny kerf width, which allows it to cut delicate curves and produce high-tolerance parts. When compared to plasma on most metals, it is, however, a very slow and costly procedure.
Every year, demand for WCMs is expected to grow significantly, with an increase in demand for sophisticated equipment. Waterjet pressure levels that are higher than the normal ultra-high-pressure levels of 50,000 psi are gaining momentum in the end-use sectors. In comparison to conventional laser, oxy-fuel, or plasma cutting machines, the WCMs use cold cutting technology and a high-pressure level jet to give a clean edge and eliminate warping and distortion.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has negatively affected the Waterjet cutting machine market, therefore, causing huge losses to the manufacturers during 2020. During the first half of 2020, market growth trend has hindered. On the other hand, due to increasing requirement for Waterjet cutting machine the demand for the same is fueling. Due to strict government regulations, all the production units were shut which eventually resulted in decreasing the demand for Waterjet cutting machines.
There has been a substantial impact on the Waterjet cutting machine’s value chain due to the global Covid-19 epidemic. There has been a negative impact of the outbreak of the pandemic in the countries such as India, China, Japan, the US, and South Korea while these are the key countries prevailing in the global Waterjet cutting machine market. Moreover, as the global market is experiencing a slowdown and eventually caused a decrease in purchasing power, the demand for aerospace, electronics, and automotive has reduced and this decreasing demand would prevail for some time.
Market Growth Factors:
These machines display superior operational efficiency
The Waterjet cutting machine is capable of cutting irregular shapes of any kind of material along with exceptional edge quality and precisions as these machines are flexible. To cut different shapes and thicknesses such as bonded laminated materials like aluminum composite panel as well as rubber-lined wear plate, the Waterjet cutting machine is equipped with abrasives. Moreover, it’s a cold cutting process that removes the issue of heat distortion and hardened edges.
Most cutting technologies cut flat, simple shapes, and if more complex cutting is required, the part must be repositioned and then cut along a different axis. Waterjet cutters are capable of achieving accuracy as well as very intricate cuts or 3-D shapes. The XD cutting head can cut through any pane or axis, allowing even the most complex three-dimensional items to be cut in one operation.
Market Restraining Factor:
Emergence of affordable technologies in the market
For many industries, the deployment of waterjet cutting technology can be costly. Some of the main factors that companies look while buying these machines are portability, sensitivity, cost, selectivity, and stability. As such, water-based cutting machines are more costly in comparison to the conventional cutting technologies; though, these machines are superior in terms of reliability and precision in comparison to the conventional ones.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Abrasive and Pure. The AWCM (abrasive Waterjet cutting machine) obtained the largest revenue share of the waterjet cutting machine market in 2020 and would display the similar kind of trend even during the forecast period. Factors such as the rising demand for accurate automobile performance parts and other cut-out materials such as brake types, wings, turbines, and gears in the aerospace and military, electronics, mining, textiles, food, and beverage industries are responsible for the growth of this segment.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Automotive, Metal Fabrication, Electronics, Mining, Aerospace & Defense and Others. The aerospace & defense segment is expected to show a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. Waterjet cutting machines are becoming more popular for developing composite parts and components for airplanes, such as turbine blades and jet engines. In addition, WCMs are widely used in the creation of crucial defense and military products such as guided missiles, space vehicles, and cutting solutions for rotary blades, thick sheet metals, and aircraft fuselages. Furthermore, increased investment and research & development in the aerospace and military industries are predicted to increase the demand for highly efficient machinery like the WCM.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 944.6 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 1.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.1% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||163|
|Number of Tables||280|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific region was the biggest regional market in the global waterjet cutting machine market in 2020. Product demand in the region is predicted to increase as economic conditions improve and industrialization accelerates, particularly in China, India, and South Korea. The region's growing material handling, electronic components, metal and mining, and food, beverage, and tobacco industries are likely to support the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Waterjet Cutting Machine Market size to reach USD 1.5 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Colfax Corporation, Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc., Omax Corporation (Hypertherm), Flow International (Shape Technologies Group Company), Koike Aronson, Inc. (Koike Sanso Kogyo Co., ltd.), WARDJet (AXYZ Automation Group), TECHNI Waterjet (GMM S.p.A), Hornet Cutting Systems, Water Jet Sweden (Vega Ronneby AB) and Semyx Cutting Solutions.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Waterjet Cutting Machine Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Apr-2021: Techni Waterjet came into partnership with Dynamic Machine tools, a supplier of medium/heavy complex Machine Tools. Together, the companies would sell Techni machines to their customers in OR, AK, WA, and ID.
- Sep-2020: Hypertherm launched Robotmaster Version 7.3 offline robot programming software. This software has extensive features and advancements, specially developed to streamline robotic programming. This launch is the newest addition to the prevailing modules for more precise time estimates with the capability to rapidly import g-code from 3D slicing software that includes Cura and Slic3r, as well as the capability to automatically establish a cutting direction based on material location according to the path.
- Jun-2020: Koike Aronson unveiled ShopJet, which is a new waterjet cutting machine. This machine provides a broad variety of cutting applications at a nominal cost.
- Jan-2020: OMAX Corp came into an agreement with Capital Machine Technologies, a machinery company. Under this agreement, Capital Machine Technologies would represent OMAX waterjets in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, and Florida. Moreover, all the four product lines i.e. OMAX, ProtoMAX, GlobalMAX, and MAXIEM are resold by Capital Machine. These OMAX-built abrasive waterjets would come up with improved material handling technology for general machines and architectural shops.
- 2019-Dec: Hornet Cutting Systems unveiled Hornet Quench Guard Conditioner, a conditioner made for plasma and waterjet cutting table systems. This conditioner is designed for ferrous, stainless, and galvanized surfaces. It prevents harmful bacteria growth in stagnant water as well as foul odors and creates a less hospitable habitat for mosquitos.
- May-2019: AXYZ Automation Group released a new A-Series of WARDJet machines, especially for the A-0612 model. In addition, it is a smaller and compact version of the larger-format X-Series, which share similar designs and performance features with low cost to fulfil the market needs for which there were limited options earlier.
- Dec-2018: Shape Technologies Group collaborated with the University Of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) as a Tier 1 member. Under this collaboration, SHAPE would offer a robotic Waterjet Machining (WJM) system to help the AMRC in making manufacturing solutions for composites & super-alloy materials. Further, this system is powered by a 6,500 bar HyperJet pump, which is the most technologically improved and accessible UHP pump.
- Sep-2018: Koike teamed up with NUM, a provider of machine builders with a competitive advantage. Under this collaboration, the companies would focus on developing an innovative and highly versatile 5-axis CNC bevel head for its K-Jet waterjet cutting system. This cutting head is mainly developed to integrate ultra-fast movement along with accurate positioning capabilities and would be available with pumps of a capacity of up to 60,000 psi.
- Aug-2018: OMAX unveiled a 10HP pump for GloblaMAX jet machining centers. Additionally, this pump is a cost-effective option for industrial abrasive waterjets and provides 30,000 psi pressure to the cutting nozzle.
- 2018-May: Hornet Cutting Systems entered into a partnership with Minneapolis Oxygen Company. The partnership improved the presence in the northern Minnesota, Twin Cities, and northwest Wisconsin area for Hornet Cutting Systems, and providing an industry-leading CNC cutting machine line for the latter company.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Metal Fabrication
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Colfax Corporation
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Omax Corporation (Hypertherm)
- Flow International (Shape Technologies Group Company)
- Koike Aronson, Inc. (Koike Sanso Kogyo Co., ltd.)
- WARDJet (AXYZ Automation Group)
- TECHNI Waterjet (GMM S.p.A)
- Hornet Cutting Systems
- Water Jet Sweden (Vega Ronneby AB)
- Semyx Cutting Solutions
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global waterjet cutting market by 2027?
The waterjet cutting market size is projected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the waterjet cutting market?
Easy and Efficient way to access valuable content are driving the market in coming years, however, high requirement for supervision have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the top market players in the waterjet cutting industry?
Colfax Corporation, Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc., Omax Corporation (Hypertherm), Flow International (Shape Technologies Group Company), Koike Aronson, Inc. (Koike Sanso Kogyo Co., ltd.), WARDJet (AXYZ Automation Group), TECHNI Waterjet (GMM S.p.A), Hornet Cutting Systems, Water Jet Sweden (Vega Ronneby AB) and Semyx Cutting Solutions.
At what CAGR is the waterjet cutting market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the waterjet cutting market is 6.1% from 2021 to 2027.
Which region dominated the waterjet cutting market in future?
The North America would emerge as one of the dominating regions in the waterjet cutting machine during the forecast period. There is a huge development of the industries like electronics, automotive, aerospace, and food in this region.