Global Tumor Ablation Market By Treatment (Surgical Ablation, Laparoscopic Ablation and Percutaneous Ablation) By Technology (Radiofrequency Ablation, Microwave Ablation, Cryoablation, Irreversible Electroporation and Other Technology) By Application (Liver Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer and Other Cancer) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Tumour Ablation Market
The Global Tumor Ablation Market size is expected to reach $1.7 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 10.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Tumor ablation is a minimally invasive image-guided procedure that is used to treat liver, kidney, soft tissue, and bone tumors. By using heat, chemicals, and low temperature, this procedure ensures high efficacy of tumor treatment eliminating most of the possible side effects. Tumor ablation is a procedure that has achieved greater effectiveness in the treatment of tumor cells with limited toxicity or side effects. The destruction of tumors is done using heat, low temperature, and chemical agents, which are inserted through a small hole in the tumor regions with a guided needle.
Global Tumor Ablation Market Size
The ongoing technological advancements have made tumor ablation treatment a safe and painless one especially due to impressive results during and after the procedure. With increasing awareness in the healthcare industry around the world, cancer ablation is becoming increasingly popular for different types of cancer as one of the most favored cancer therapy methods. Hospitals and healthcare centers are recognizing the immense potential of cancer ablation therapy, thereby supporting their patients with the facility that would further assist in facilitating the therapeutic.
Tumor Ablation Market Share
As the trend towards decreased invasiveness of medical procedures persists, image-guided percutaneous ablation has started supplanting surgery for local control of small tumors in the liver, kidney, and lung. New ablation techniques and refinement of existing technologies will make it possible to treat larger and more complex tumors in these and other organs. At the same time, advances in intra-procedural imaging aim to boost treatment quality and complications. Advancements in intraprocedural imaging have enhanced treatment preparation and provided a more accurate assessment of the ablation zone during treatment. As these techniques mature, the reason for percutaneous ablation continues to expand and ablation appears to be gradually supplanting for local tumor therapy.
Based on Treatment, the market is segmented into Surgical Ablation, Laparoscopic Ablation and Percutaneous Ablation. Based on Technology, the market is segmented into Radiofrequency Ablation, Microwave Ablation, Cryoablation, Irreversible Electroporation and Other Technology. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Liver Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer and Other Cancer. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Tumor Ablation Market to reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2025
Tumor Ablation Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Medtronic PLC and Johnson and Johnson (Ethicon, Inc.) are some of the forerunners in the Tumor Ablation Market. Companies such as Boston Scientific Corporation, AngioDynamics, Inc., HealthTronics, Inc., Misonix, Inc., and EDAP TMS S.A. are some of the key innovators in Tumor Ablation Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Medtronic PLC, Johnson and Johnson (Ethicon, Inc.), Boston Scientific Corporation, Misonix, Inc., EDAP TMS S.A., Theraclion SA, AngioDynamics, Inc., Mermaid Medical A/S, HealthTronics, Inc. (Altaris Capital Partners, LLC), and SonaCare Medical, LLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Tumor Ablation Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2019: Misonix signed distribution agreement with CryoLife, a leading vascular and cardiac surgery company. The agreement provides Misonix with the US exclusive commercialization rights for CryoLife's NeoPatch product for the treatment of a broad range of indications outside vascular and cardiac surgery.
- Oct-2017: EDAP TMS signed an agreement with Theraclion, a French HIFU company. Under the agreement, the former company distributes Echopulse system in France with the help of the latter company. Echopulse uses EDAP's proprietary HIFU technology for addressing the breast fibroadenomas and benign thyroid nodules.
» Product Launches:
- Aug-2018: J&J released NEUWAVE, a microwave ablation system. This is the first minimally invasive device that puts electrodes into cancer cells and increases the temperature around them for burning off the cancer cells.
- Apr-2017: Medtronic Canada, a subsidiary of Medtronic PLC launched OsteoCool RF Ablation System in Canada. This is the only cooled radiofrequency (RF) ablation technology, which provides simultaneous and dual-probe capabilities. This provides a minimally-invasive option for the treatment of painful bone metastases.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Oct-2019: AngioDynamics announced the acquisition of Eximo Medical, Ltd., a medical device company. The Vascular Interventions and Therapies (VIT) product portfolio of AngioDynamics has been expanded through the addition of proprietary laser technology.
- Jun-2019: Boston Scientific completed the acquisition of Vertiflex, Inc., a producer of spinal spacer implants. The acquisition expanded its portfolio of interventional pain therapies.
- Apr-2019: J&J completed the acquisition of Auris Health, Inc., a surgical robotics company. The acquisition provided a lung cancer diagnostic and treatment tool to the former company. Through this acquisition, the company has been able to expand its health portfolio.
- Jan-2019: Medtronic announced an agreement to acquire Epix Therapeutics, a company engaged in the manufacturing of catheter-based system for the treatment of patients with AFIB. The acquisition would expand the company's cardiac ablation portfolio.
- Sep-2018: AngioDynamics acquired RadiaDyne, a medical diagnostic and device company. The company has expanded its oncology business through the addition of RadiaDyne’s early-stage, proprietary OARtrac real-time radiation dose monitoring platform, and other market-leading oncology solutions.
- Jul-2018: Boston Scientific signed an agreement to acquire Cryterion Medical. The acquisition would enable the former company in providing cryothermal as well as radiofrequency (RF) single-shot, balloon-based ablation therapies.
- Mar-2018: Boston Scientific acquired EMcision Ltd., a company engaged in developing and commercializing proprietary medical devices. The acquisition helped the company in improving the quality of life of cancer patients on a much larger scale.
Scope of the Tumor Ablation Market Analysis
- Surgical Ablation
- Laparoscopic Ablation and
- Percutaneous Ablation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Microwave Ablation
- Irreversible Electroporation and
- Other Technology
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer and
- Other Cancer
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Medtronic PLC
- Johnson and Johnson (Ethicon, Inc.)
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Misonix, Inc.
- EDAP TMS S.A.
- Theraclion SA
- AngioDynamics, Inc.
- Mermaid Medical A/S
- HealthTronics, Inc. (Altaris Capital Partners, LLC)
- SonaCare Medical, LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Tumor Ablation Market Related Reports:
What is the anticipated market size of Tumor Ablation Market for the forecast period?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The Tumor Ablation market is projected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2025.
What are the key factors drive Tumor Ablation industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Tumor Ablation industry include rising prevalence of cancer and high demand for safer therapeutic options, Technological advancement in ablation devices, and rise in the geriatric population.
Which region dominated the Tumor Ablation market in 2018?
The North America region was the dominating region in 2018.
Who are the top market players in the Tumor Ablation industry?
Some of the key industry players are Medtronic PLC, Johnson and Johnson (Ethicon, Inc.), Boston Scientific Corporation, Misonix, Inc., EDAP TMS S.A., Theraclion SA, AngioDynamics, Inc., Mermaid Medical A/S, HealthTronics, Inc. (Altaris Capital Partners, LLC), and SonaCare Medical, LLC.
What would be the CAGR of North America Tumor Ablation market over the forecast period?
North America Tumor Ablation Market would witness market growth of 9.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Which segment would gain the maximum traction in Tumor Ablation market during the forecast period?
Lung cancer sector is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 12% during 2019 to 2025.