Global Time-sensitive Networking Market By Component (Switches, Connectors, Hubs, Routers, & Gateways, Memory, Controllers & Processors, Power Supply Devices, Isolators & Convertors and Others), By Application (Industrial Automation, Automotive, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Other), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Time-sensitive Networking Market
Market Report Description
The Global Time-sensitive Networking Market size is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 45.2% CAGR during the forecast period. Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) refers to a collection of IEEE standards that is developed by the Time-Sensitive Task Force of the IEEE 802.1 working group. TSN helps to gather real-time information in order to conduct analytics, boost the productivity of the system and achieve actionable insights. Hence, TSN offers deterministic real-time communication over the Ethernet. Through the various advancements in the standards, Ethernet communication in the future would offer measurable end-to-end latencies, firmly restricted latency fluctuations, and very low packet loss.
Ethernet is playing an important role in the communication in IT sector since a long period. Earlier, there was no set of standards for real-time assistance to IEEE standardized Ethernet that resulted in various alterations of Ethernet for its usage in industrial & transportation systems where real-time communication is a vital component. There was also restricted scalability of the adapted Ethernet solutions for their application in numerous industries. Thus, the IEEE TSN task group introduced new standards for better and real-time delivery of Ethernet traffic. TSN helps in achieving the deterministic real-time communication by utilizing the time & schedule that is developed for message ways on various network entities.
The growth of the time-sensitivity networking market is attributed to the growing adoption of IoT applications by numerous manufacturing industries owing to the emergence of Industry 4.0. The increasing demand for real-time networking by various industrial verticals like automotive, energy & utility, manufacturing, transportation, oil & gas and aerospace, is also contributing to the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global Covid-19 pandemic has impacted every domain of society, even the players operating in the TSN value chain. The increasing adoption of industrial automation in manufacturing units is among the major aspects augmenting the growth of the TSN market. Though, the temporary shutdown of the manufacturing units, offices, and public places has adversely impacted the demand for TSN solutions. In addition, the demand for electronics has reduced drastically across the world due to lockdowns imposed by various governments to curb the spread of the COVID-19, which further affected the growth of the TSN market.
As everything is getting back to normal, the inventory levels and demand for TSN components would increase due to stabilization in the automotive industry. The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the production of TSN solutions as manufacturing units around the globe were shut down during the lockdown and the demand for TSN was also reduced.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Switches, Connectors, Hubs, Routers, & Gateways, Memory, Controllers & Processors, Power Supply Devices, Isolators & Convertors and Others. Based on Component, the switches segment acquired the largest market share in 2020, and this trend would continue over the forecast period. The growing adoption of automation in manufacturing industries is anticipated to create bright growth prospects for TSN switches. Industry 4.0 & IoT are gaining traction as key technologies for industrial automation motion control systems that need interconnected devices on a big scale, which is projected to create demand for TSN switches during the forecast period.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Industrial Automation, Automotive, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Other. Industry 4.0 and IIoT technologies enable industries to automate and combine production tools with other systems and assist companies to improve their productivity & efficiency and enhance predictive maintenance. This is anticipated to bolster the requirement for TSN technology in industrial automation applications to facilitate the effortless connectivity & gain deterministic, wireless, and time-sensitive communication.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 91 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 1.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 45.2% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||249|
|Number of Tables||344|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Region-wise, North America would emerge as a leading region in the TSN market during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the increasing adoption of industrial automation solutions & robotics technologies. In addition, this region includes major emerging nations like Canada, the US, and Mexico, which provide considerable growth opportunities for the market.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Time-sensitive Networking Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Time-sensitive Networking Market size to reach USD 1.4 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Cisco Systems, Inc. and Intel Corporation are the forerunners in the Time-sensitive Networking Market. Companies such as Broadcom, Inc., National Instruments Corporation, and Belden, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Belden, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Intel Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Microchip Technology, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Broadcom, Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., and Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Time-sensitive Networking Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jan-2021: NXP Semiconductors came into partnership with Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Now, RTI Connext Drive operates natively on NXP’s automotive-grade S32G vehicle network processors, allowing a zonal electrical/electronic (E/E) architecture via a modular, flexible, and scalable platform.
- Nov-2020: Microchip Technology joined hands with Innovium, a provider of networking solutions for data centers. This collaboration aimed to demonstrate interoperability among its META-DX1 terabit-class Ethernet.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Oct-2020: Marvell announced the acquisition of Inphi, a provider of high-speed analog semiconductor solutions for the communications and computing markets. This acquisition will integrate Marvell’s storage, processor, networking, and security portfolio, with Inphi’s electro-optics interconnect platform. The acquisition would further expand Marvell’s whole target market and propel its standing in the hyper-scale, data infrastructure, and 5G wireless infrastructure markets.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Feb-2021: NXP unveiled its integrated Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) solutions for industrial automation. This solution aims to complement the CC-Link IE TSN protocol, and integrate gigabit Ethernet bandwidth with TSN to reinforce time-sharing communication, security, performance, and functionality for industrial Ethernet.
- Feb-2021: Microchip Technology introduced the SparX-5i family of Ethernet switches, single-chip, IEEE standards-based solutions. This SparX-5i family complements the main TSN IEEE standards required for a comprehensive real-time communication solution and provides a complete TSN feature set.
- Dec-2020: Marvell released its latest Prestera DX 7300 series of Ethernet switches. These switches are designed to intelligently allow a safe and effective data movement across carrier access & metro networks. The 5G deployments enable network operators to boost their path to transform as the integrated demands of 5G & IoT traffic contribute to a shift in network infrastructure.
- Nov-2020: Broadcom unveiled its automotive AEC-Q100 compliant multigigabit Ethernet PHY transceiver product line and multilayer Ethernet switch portfolio with 802.1AE MACsec support, the BCM8989X and BCM8957X, respectively. These device families are developed to meet the increasing demand for high bandwidth networking with flexible multigigabit interfaces, in-vehicle data security, and time-sensitive networking (TSN).
- Sep-2020: Microchip Technology unveiled the VSC8540/41ET gigabit Ethernet PHY RMII/RGMII transceiver. This launch is aimed at commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) device updates for avionics & military applications.
- Sep-2020: Broadcom introduced the industry’s first Gen 7 64Gb/s Fibre Channel switching platforms, the Brocade X7 Directors and G720 Switch. In addition, Broadcom also launched the industry’s first 64Gb/s Fibre Channel optical transceiver, which is certified for usage in Brocade switches & Emulex adapters, for end-to-end Gen 7 performance.
- Jan-2020: NXP Semiconductors released a multi-gigabit Ethernet switch. This switch is developed to assist automakers to provide the high-speed networks needed for the growth of connected vehicles. The NXP SJA1110 is the foremost automotive Ethernet switch that contains security capabilities built-in, providing combines 100BASE-T1 PHYs, hardware-assisted safety, and also multi-gigabit interfaces.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Hubs, Routers, & Gateways
- Controllers & Processors
- Power Supply Devices
- Isolators & Convertors
- Industrial Automation
- Energy & Power
- Oil & Gas
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Belden, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- National Instruments Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Microchip Technology, Inc.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Broadcom, Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global time-sensitive networking market by 2027?
The time-sensitive networking market size is projected to reach USD 1.4 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the time-sensitive networking market?
Usages of Ethernet TSN in redesigning in-vehicle communications are driving the market in coming years, however, need for high-level applications limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Belden, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Intel Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Microchip Technology, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Broadcom, Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., and Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
At what CAGR is the time-sensitive networking market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the time-sensitive networking market is 45.2% from 2021 to 2027.
Has COVID-19 impacted the time-sensitive networking market?
Yes, The demand for electronics has reduced drastically across the world due to lockdowns imposed by various governments to curb the spread of the COVID-19, which further affected the growth of the TSN market.
Which region dominated the time-sensitive networking market in 2020?
The Industrial Automation market dominated the Global Time-sensitive Networking Market by Application 2020, growing at a CAGR of 43.2 % during the forecast period.