Global Thermal Scanners Market By Type (Fixed and Portable) By Application (Thermography, Security & Surveillance, Search & Rescue and Others) By Wavelength (Long-Wave Infrared, Medium-Wave Infrared and Short-Wave Infrared) By End User (Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Automotive and Others) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Thermal Scanners Market
The Global Thermal Scanners Market size is expected to reach $6.7 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 10.3% CAGR during the forecast period. The Thermal Scan Monitoring System is an infrared imaging system designed to perform contact wire thermal imaging. The machine is powerful enough to stand outside a train wagon and has an image frequency that can display the lines at very high speed. In the range 40°C to 500°C the system is measured. The system can be paired with a Catenary Video Surveillance System that captures high-speed and high-resolution images of catenary color and integrates them with the device user interface thermal images.
Global Thermal Scanners Market Size
In addition to the increasing demand for additional advanced safety solutions, the rapid urbanization of the entire globe would lead to robust growth of the world thermal scanner industry. Infrared heat scanner detects passively absorbed infrared radiation from objects which is more concealed than other light-sourced active imaging systems. Due to its excellent concealment, good anti-interference, strong target detection capabilities and all weather conditions, the infrared thermal scanner is used in militarily recognized research, monitoring and guidance. It is used widely in weapons and equipment.
Thermal Scanners Market Share
Primary factors driving the growth of this market include increasing demand for mass screening thermal scanners at airports, rising government investments in the aerospace and defense industries, extensive research and development expenditure by businesses, governments and capital firms in the production of advanced thermal scanning technologies, and an increase in the use of thermal scanners in automotive industry.
A new type of coronavirus infection has recently occurred in Wuhan, Hubei and in many other regions. The developed mobile infrared thermal imaging screening systems can instantly screen for high fevers that may be caused by influenza and pneumonia in crowded areas. Its main features include non-contact quick body temperature screening, large area detection, long distance, smart alarm, high temperature measurement accuracy, fast response, infrared and visible image overlay measurement analysis.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Fixed and Portable. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Thermography, Security & Surveillance, Search & Rescue and Others.Based on Wavelength, the market is segmented into Long-Wave Infrared, Medium-Wave Infrared and Short-Wave Infrared. Based on End User, the market is segmented into Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Automotive and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Thermal Scanners Market to reach a market size of $6.7 billion by 2025
Thermal Scanners Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, 3M Company, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Leonardo SpA, Canon, Inc., and Ametek, Inc. are the forerunners in the Thermal Scanners Market. Companies such as FLIR Systems, Inc., Seek thermal, Inc., Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Optotherm, Inc., and Fortive Corporation are some of the key innovators in Thermal Scanners Market.
The market research report covers theanalysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include FLIR Systems, Inc., Fortive Corporation (Fluke Corporation), Leonardo SpA, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Canon, Inc. , Axis Communications AB), 3M Company (3M Scott), Ametek, Inc. (Ametek Land), Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Seek Thermal, Inc., and Optotherm, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Thermal Scanners Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Mar-2020: L3Harris Technologies teamed up with General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI). Following the collaboration, the companies integrated WESCAM MX-20 Electro-optical/Infrared (EO/IR) system onto a GA-ASI MQ-9 Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) for providing an advanced targeting solution.
- Feb-2020: L3Harris Technologies announced collaboration with the UK Ministry of Defence. Under the collaboration, the former company would provide 40 WESCAM MX-15 electro-optical, infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems to the UK Ministry of Defence. This broadened the UK Ministry's MX-15s proven mission capability and superior reliability.
- Nov-2019: FLIR Systems collaborated with Veoneer, an automotive supplier. Following this collaboration, the latter company would use the thermal sensing technology of the former company in its level-four autonomous vehicle (AV) production.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Mar-2019: FLIR Systems acquired Endeavor Robotics Holdings, Inc., a leading developer of battle-tested, tactical unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) from Arlington Capital Partners. The acquisition enabled the company in providing disposal, reconnaissance, inspection, and hazardous materials support for troops, police, and industrial users.
- Oct-2017: 3M completed the acquisition of Johnson Controls Scott Safety business, a leader in high-performance respiratory protection, gas and flame detection, thermal imaging and other critical products. The acquisition reinforced 3M's Scott safety business.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2020: FLIR Systems launched the FLIR Range HDC MR, a new high-definition thermal imaging system. This system can detect illegal activities even in degraded weather conditions by using embedded analytics and image processing.
- Jan-2020: FLIR Systems introduced the FLIR GF77a Gas Find IR camera, a fixed-mount, uncooled, autonomous leak detection camera. This camera was designed for visualizing methane and other industrial gases.
- Jan-2020: Fluke introduced the new TiS60+ thermal imaging camera. The camera operates as a troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tool for industrial maintenance technicians and engineers. The camera features IR-Fusion technology that blends visible and infrared images for varying degrees to help pinpoint the exact location of a problem.
- Dec-2019: Seek Thermal released Micro Core and Mosaic Core series, a new range of OEM thermal cameras. These cameras can be integrated into products and services over several industries.
- Dec-2019: Ametek Land, an Ametek Company unveiled NIR-B-2K and NIR-B-640, two new revolutionary short-wavelength radiometric infrared borescope imaging cameras. These cameras can be used in a wide range of continuous industrial furnace process monitoring and control applications requiring highly accurate temperature measurement.
- Oct-2018: 3M Scott Fire & Safety launched the V Series of thermal imaging cameras, The company debuted this line with the V320, a simple, lightweight and tactical thermal imaging solution. The V320 Thermal Imager enables the firefighters to navigate through zero visibility conditions.
- Oct-2018: 3M Scott Fire & Safety announced the launch of a new version of 3M Scott Sight with an optional Pro Package feature set, the next evolution of the industry’s first in-mask thermal imaging solution. This option provides advanced features including automatic video recording and hot and cold tracking.
- Jun-2018: Fluke Process Instruments launched ThermoView TV40, a high-performance industrial thermal imager. This thermal imager offers a fully integrated solution for temperature control, monitoring and data archiving for ensuring the process traceability and product quality.
- Apr-2018: Leonardo DRS released the Tenum 640 thermal imager, the first uncooled 10-micron thermal camera. The Tenum 640 camera can be used in surveillance and security applications, unmanned aerial and ground vehicles (UAVs/UGVs) for first responders, agri-business and hazmat operations.
Scope of the Thermal Scanners Market Analysis
- Security & Surveillance
- Search & Rescue
- Long-Wave Infrared
- Medium-Wave Infrared
- Short-Wave Infrared
By End User
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Fortive Corporation (Fluke Corporation)
- Leonardo SpA
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Canon, Inc. (Axis Communications AB)
- 3M Company (3M Scott)
- Ametek, Inc. (Ametek Land)
- Thermoteknix Systems Ltd.
- Seek Thermal, Inc.
- Optotherm, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Thermal Scanners Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of thermal scanners market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global thermal scanners market size is expected to reach $6.7 billion by 2025.
What is the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the driving and restraining factors of the thermal scanners market?
The market is expected to witness a boost due to Increasing demand for thermal scanners at airports for virus detection, Use of thermal scanners to diagnose defects in building structures, and Increasing adoption of thermal scanner in manufacturing industry. The market growth is expected to get affected due to Impact of the coronavirus on defence and aerospace industries.
Who are the top market players in the thermal scanners industry?
Some of the key industry players are FLIR Systems, Inc., Fortive Corporation (Fluke Corporation), Leonardo SpA, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Canon, Inc. , Axis Communications AB), 3M Company (3M Scott), Ametek, Inc. (Ametek Land), Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Seek Thermal, Inc., and Optotherm, Inc.
Which segment shows highest market growth in thermal scanners market in 2019?
The fixed device segment captured the highest market growth in 2019.
Which region shows highest market share of the thermal scanners market in 2025?
The North America is expected to hold the dominant market share by 2025. Due to the recent coronavirus infection epidemic in China, the Asia Pacific region would witness a boom in the application of thermal scanners in the security of airports.
At what CAGR is the thermal scanners market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of thermal scanners market is 10.3% from 2019 to 2025.