Global Technology CAD Software Market By Application (Solar Cells, Analog/RF Devices, Image Sensors and CMOS), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Technology CAD Software Market
The Global Technology CAD Software Market size is expected to reach $272.7 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 12.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD) is an imitation software that is used to design and augment semiconductor processing devices and technologies. Technology Computer-aided design has basically two major functions that are process simulation and device simulation. The software achieves these functions by taking the description of the device behavior, transistor layout, and fabrication process in order to make silicon. By using model-based simulation, technology Computer-aided design expands wafer yield. It is used mostly used by semiconductor or Integrated Circuit (IC) manufacturers to decrease the time consumed for testing wafer runs for the development of a new device. Technology Computer-aided design enhances process modules and decreases the development of experimental cycles.
Technology CAD Software Market Size, By Application, 2020-2026
It also escalates the yield and stoutness and captures then analyses the effect of process variation on the performance of the device. These factors are expected to drive the growth of the market for CAD software technology over the foreseeable period. Advancements in technology and the growing adoption of more advanced electronics components in the healthcare industry are getting more evident. For example, the introduction of smart healthcare systems, like Implantable and Wearable Medical Devices (IWMD), and the occurrence of transformative technologies, have a positive impact on market growth. Moreover, the growing usage of digital equipment, like computer-controlled medical equipment, is likely to encourage the manufacturers of this equipment to adopt TCAD software in order to design the necessary PCBs and MCMs.
Technology CAD Software Market Share, By Region, 2019
The growth of the CAD software market has shown a fall in the year 2020, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 that resulted in complete lockdown in many countries. Many factors like break-in production in several industries due to the partial or complete lockdown have been considered to be responsible for the slow growth of the market in 2020. Moreover, in the entertainment, and media industry, there has been an intermittent interruption in the production of movie and advertisements. Moreover, the construction of the building has also been on hold in some countries, thus decreasing the demand for CAD software.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 140 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 272.7 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.3% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||133|
|Number of Tables||183|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competition Analysis, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Solar Cells, Analog/RF Devices, Image Sensors and CMOS. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Geographically, North America has the largest share of the CAD software market in 2019. The increasing adoption of CAD software in the aerospace and automotive industries in order to aid product prototyping preceding production, rise in production efficiency, and decrease product maintenance and cost of repair, is the key factor that is driving the demand for the software in this region. The U.S. has a larger share in the given regional market in 2019, which can be primarily accredited to the greater adoption of CAD software in defense & aerospace and manufacturing applications of the parts of aerospace in the country like Canada.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Technology CAD Software Market to reach a market size of $272.7 million by 2026
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Technology CAD Software Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisition. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Siemens AG is the major forerunner in the Technology CAD Software Market. Companies such as Synopsys, Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, Autodesk, Inc., Grabert GmbH, and NTT Data Corporation are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Siemens AG, Autodesk, Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, NTT Data Corporation (NTT Data Mathematical Systems, Inc.), Synopsys, Inc., PTC, Inc., Grabert GmbH, Crosslight Software, Inc., Cogenda Pte. Ltd., and Silvaco, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Technology CAD Software Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jul-2020: Dassault Systemes came into partnership with Intel for providing better and more efficient solutions. This partnership was aimed at helping CAD professionals to be able to work with complex models and assemblies to accommodate for soaring demand for new products, new materials, new levels of efficiency, and sustainability of design and manufacturing process.
- Dec-2019: Autodesk, Inc. joined hands with Pointfuse, a developer of advanced point cloud processing software for the construction industry. The additional portfolio of Pointfuse offered customers and markets with additional best-of-breed technology to significantly improve scanning and photogrammetry projects utilizing a range of digital and virtual design and building workflows.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Jul-2020: Autodesk, Inc. took over Pype and its portfolio of cloud-based software solutions for the construction industry. This acquisition delivered additional value for Autodesk Construction Cloud users, allowing general contractors, subcontractors, and owners to automate workflows such as submittals and project closeout to increase overall productivity and reduce risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Jul-2020: Siemens acquired Avatar Integrated Systems Inc., a leading developer of place and route software for integrated circuit (IC) design. Siemens added Avatar’s technology to its Xcelerator portfolio as part of Mentor’s IC suite of software, capitalizing on the growing segment of place and route. Avatar integrated existing market-leading products from Mentor, a Siemens Business, including the Calibre platform, Tessent software, and Catapult HLS software, to help customers develop solutions that address today's and tomorrow's design implementation challenges.
- Jun-2020: Synopsys completed the acquisition of Qualtera, a fast-growing provider of collaborative high-performance, big data analytics for semiconductor test and manufacturing. The combination of Qualtera's advanced analytics technology with Synopsys Yield Explorer and Synopsys TestMAX test automation solution provided the foundation for improving the process of using silicon measurements to guide improvements throughout a device's development and manufacturing lifecycle.
- Mar-2020: Synopsys acquired Synplicity, Inc. a leading supplier of innovative field-programmable gate array (FPGA) and IC design and verification solutions. Following this acquisition, Synplicity's hardware-based rapid prototyping and Synopsys' software-based virtual prototyping solutions, together, would enable electronics companies to meet tight market windows with proven designs, even as software content continues to grow exponentially.
- Nov-2019: Synopsys took over IP Assets from eSilicon. The acquisition expanded Synopsys' existing DesignWare Embedded Memory and Interface IP portfolio. This acquisition further enabled Synopsys to scale its IP offering to address requirements of growing markets such as artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud.
- Jun-2019: Dassault Systemes (3DS) completed the acquisition of Medidata, a company that develops and markets software as a service for clinical trials. This acquisition provided advanced virtualization platforms to surgical teams for creating lifelike 3D virtual models of complex human organs and systems to help diagnose and ultimately correct potentially serious medical conditions.
- Feb-2019: Dassault Systemes took over Elecworks Electrical and Automation Design Software product line from Trace Software, a developer of software solutions and services dedicated to industrial engineering. The acquisition streamlined and boosted Dassault's development of an integrated mechatronics solution on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to help its SolidWorks customers address electrical design challenges in the development of smart products.
- Sep-2017: Dassault Systemes acquired Exa Corporation, the developer and distributor of computer-aided engineering software. The addition of Exa, in Dassault Systemes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform, provided customers with a proven portfolio of Lattice Boltzmann fluid simulation technologies, fully industrialized solutions, and over 350 highly experienced simulation professionals.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Jul-2020: Siemens released Solid Edge 2021, the new version of 3D design software Solid Edge. It includes a new artificial intelligence-powered adaptive user interface to predict next steps, and seamless integration with 3dfind.it, an intelligent 3D model search engine powered by CADENAS, a virtual library of 3D parts.
- Jan-2020: Graebert announced new features for Ares Commander 2020. The upgradationto ARES Commander includes accessing to build design and information modeling (BIM) data. The further BIM file types allow users to upload virtually any BIM file they need to access and view their designs. Also, Users can generate 2D sections and views of BIM models, extract data in CSV format, and annotate and edit the models as drawings.
- Sep-2019: Synopsys launched version 2019.09 of its comprehensive Photonic Solutions portfolio. This version has various features including the RSoft products for photonic device design, the OptSim, and ModeSYS tools for photonic system design, and the OptSim Circuit and OptoDesigner tools for photonic integrated circuits (PIC) design. Also, Synopsys' Photonic Solutions delivers a seamless design flow from concept to manufacturing to enable innovations in consumer and industrial communication, sensing, and imaging applications.
- Mar-2019: Autodesk, Inc. introduced AutoCAD 2020. The product comes up with various features and enhancements to help in designing, drafting and bringing visions to life.
Scope of the Technology CAD Software Market Analysis
- Solar Cells
- Analog/RF Devices
- Image Sensors
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Siemens AG
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Dassault Systemes SE
- NTT Data Corporation (NTT Data Mathematical Systems, Inc.)
- Synopsys, Inc.
- PTC, Inc.
- Grabert GmbH
- Crosslight Software, Inc.
- Cogenda Pte. Ltd.
- Silvaco, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Technology CAD Software Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global technology CAD software market by 2026?
The global technology CAD software market size is expected to reach $272.7 million by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive technology CAD software trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is advancements in technology & increased penetration of IoT.
Who are the top market players in the technology CAD software industry?
Siemens AG, Autodesk, Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, NTT Data Corporation (NTT Data Mathematical Systems, Inc.), Synopsys, Inc., PTC, Inc., Grabert GmbH, Crosslight Software, Inc., Cogenda Pte. Ltd., and Silvaco, Inc.
Which region led the technology CAD software market in 2019?
The North America led the technology computer-aided design software market and had the largest revenue share in the year 2019.