Global Subscriber Data Management Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Network Type, By Enterprise Size, By Solution, By Deployment (On-premise and Cloud), By Application, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Subscriber Data Management Market
Market Report Description
The Global Subscriber Data Management Market size is expected to reach $16.5 billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 17.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
Subscriber data management (SDM) is a unified network service that stores and maintains all subscriber data, i.e., all subscription data associated with a customer using any services in traditional and next-gen mobile and fixed networks. It offers a single point of administration and a 360-degree view of the whole subscriber database, along with a real-time view of each subscriber. The combined data is kept in a geo-redundant and highly accessible unified data repository (UDR) and divided into subscriber profiles that contain all the data required to allow users to access services and stop unauthorized users from abusing services.
SDM uses a network data layer technique to interact separately with many applications. It reduces duplication by gathering data into a centralized, single, highly scalable, reliable, and affordable repository. In order to enable roaming services in places without 5G, most 5G networks will coexist alongside existing 4G networks. Even 5G networks that are purely 5G will need to interoperate with legacy networks.
Subscriber data management is among the most crucial tasks in telecommunications networks. The proper management of all subscriber data and services is now more important than ever to maintain an operator's economic success with the advent of 5G and the development of cloud architectures. The transition of telecommunications services from 4G to 5G has resulted in redesigning the network's architecture, forcing operators to reconsider how they manage data entering, leaving, and flowing across the network. In addition, more database capacity is now necessary as communication services develop, which raises the total cost of ownership (TCO) and causes silo-based networks to have a more fragmented picture of client data.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on enterprises all around the world. The development of SDM solutions benefited from it. The growing trend of individualized company operations to improve the customer experience also led to firms spending more money on SDM solutions. Also, technology offers businesses a variety of advantages, such as the capacity to manage budgets and aid in improving financial revenue management. Moreover, possibilities for the market are anticipated to emerge in the future due to corporate migration to the cloud and international initiatives for digital transformation. Therefore, the pandemic had a positive impact on the market.
Market Growth Factors
Increasing requirement for cloud-based and targeted advertising platforms and apps
By dividing their resources among several contexts, businesses are increasingly embracing cloud-based models. Because of its benefits of scalability, flexibility, and low cost, cloud based SDM solutions have become more and more popular. Also, it makes it simple to collect and analyze data for enterprises to centrally evaluate data produced from many places and collect data from various applications or platforms. Moreover, SDM service providers like Nokia Corporation and Optiva Inc., among others, have introduced SDM products to meet the demand for SDM from businesses in various regions due to the move to the cloud. During the projected period, these factors are anticipated to increase demand for subscriber data management and hence the market's growth.
Rising use of SDM solutions by the telecommunication sector
Subscriber data management (SDM) unifies subscriber data management across several network domains. In unified data repositories, the SDM solution integrates and administers the subscriber data of various network carriers, like access preferences, locations, authentication, identities, services, and presence. It also enhances carrier networks by bringing down operating expenses while maintaining a stable level of service for subscribers. In addition, operators can more effectively monetize their subscriber data owing to its consolidated subscriber data analysis capabilities. Reduced network complexity, the total cost of ownership, as well as time to market for additional services, are further benefits of SDM for telecom operators. As a result, the market is growing rapidly due to telecommunication companies' increasing usage of SDM solutions.
Market Restraining Factors
Increasing data security and privacy concerns
Data security concerns remain a significant barrier for subscriber data management organizations. Piracy costs SDM software service companies a lot of customers and money. Some pirates breach accounts to take real users' login information. Confidential user data is then uploaded utilizing peer-to-peer file or document-sharing protocols or a VPN to access video content, and these stolen credentials are sold. Pirated files are subsequently made available for free download for various devices. Therefore, such strong SDM privacy concerns are anticipated to limit the subscriber data management market's growth in the coming years.
Network Type Outlook
On the basis of network type, the subscriber data management market is divided into mobile networks and fixed networks. The mobile networks segment acquired the largest revenue share in the subscriber data management market in 2022. The elements that contribute to the segment's expansion are the worldwide penetration of mobile users and the increasing demand for mobile access in areas lacking terrestrial infrastructure. Mobile broadband depends on a cellular network for devices such as tablets and smartphones to have internet access. Therefore, it is a suitable replacement for broadband services (such as DSL or cable) and a substitute for conventional cellular phone service.
Enterprise Size Outlook
On the basis of enterprise size, the subscriber data management market is bifurcated into large enterprises and SMEs. The small and medium enterprises (SMEs) segment acquired a substantial revenue share in the subscriber data management market in 2022. By switching from conventional SDM systems to next-generation SDM platforms, small and medium-sized businesses are gaining considerable market share. To manage their subscriber data with the best possible resource utilization, they are more inclined to turn to cloud-based solutions.
Based on solution, the subscriber data management market is categorized into subscriber data repository, subscriber policy management, subscriber identity management, and subscriber location & device information management. The subscriber policy management segment procured a considerable growth rate in the subscriber data management market in 2022. Critical applications must be given priority over non-critical applications, according to policy-based data differentiation requirements. It emphasizes the proper size allocation of resources with the equitable size of billing for networks because subscriber-centric policy management allows service providers to adapt to the distribution of network resources according to subscribers' payments. Supplying service providers with high-quality IT services and effective administration helps to improve the business model.
Based on deployment, the subscriber data management market is segmented into on-premise and cloud. The on-premise segment witnessed the maximum revenue share in the subscriber data management market in 2022. The growth can be linked to the many benefits that come with on-premise deployments, such as the high level of data protection and safety. Industries like on-premise deployment models because they offer greater data security and are less likely to experience data breaches than cloud-based deployment models, which increases demand for on-premise deployment within the sectors.
Based on application, the subscriber data management market is classified into mobile, voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and others. The mobile segment recorded the largest revenue share in the subscriber data management market in 2022. Its rise is anticipated to be fueled by the popularity of smartphones, dongles, iPhones, tablets, and iPads throughout the projection period. However, it depends on the accessibility of the network, the data, the fees associated with using the data, and any ancillary services offered by companies in the cellular network subscription industry.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 4.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 16.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.6% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||313|
|Number of Table||513|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Network Type, Enterprise Size, Solution, Deployment, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the subscriber data management market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The North America segment garnered the maximum revenue share in the subscriber data management market in 2022. Due to its initial implementation of cutting-edge innovations and the presence of significant international SDM players in countries like the United States and Canada, North America is predicted to dominate the market over the projection period. In addition, voLTE demand has been growing due to the proliferation of cloud-based monetization platforms and the availability of multiple telecommunications companies in the region, which is projected to positively affect the North America market.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Subscriber Data Management Market size to reach USD 16.5 Billion by 2029
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Subscriber Data Management Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Optiva, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., and Cisco Systems, Inc. are the forerunners in the Subscriber Data Management Market. Companies such as Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Nokia Corporation, and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson are some of the key innovators in Subscriber Data Management Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., ZTE Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Optiva, Inc., Amdocs Limited, and Enea AB.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Subscriber Data Management Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Apr-2023: Hewlett Packard Enterprise came into partnership with VAST Data, a US-based developer of data platform. Through this partnership, HPE incorporates VAST Data's file software platform into its HPE GreenLake file storage device, thereby providing scale-out file service, developing to advance data-intensive workloads.
- Mar-2023: ZTE Malaysia partnered with Telekom Malaysia Berhad, a Malaysia-based triple-play communications company. The partnership involves jointly developing a new hybrid cloud 5G core network. Further, this partnership also aims to advance the adoption of the 5G network across Malaysia.
- Feb-2023: Hewlett Packard Enterprise extended its partnership with Nokia, a Finland-based provider of telecom equipment and services. The partnership involves providing CSPs and enterprises globally with open and competitive cloud RAN solutions.
- Feb-2023: Nokia came into partnership with Telia Denmark, a telecommunications company. The partnership involves providing Telia Denmark with equipment from Nokia's 5G AirScale portfolio.
- Nov-2022: Huawei Malaysia partnered with TOGL Technology, a Malaysia-based provider of social media applications. The partnership involves co-developing cloud-based digital solutions in Malaysia. Moreover, the partnership includes combining Huawei's technologies and TOGL's digital solutions to explore more opportunities.
- Mar-2022: Cisco extended its partnership with NetApp, a US-based provider of enterprise data management and storage solutions. The partnership includes introducing an updated version of FlexPod XCS, developed to advance the delivery of modern applications.
- Mar-2022: Nokia extended its partnership with Orange, a telecommunications company. The partnership involves supporting Orange in providing 5G services and more credible network performance in the European region. The partnership involves Orange deploying Nokia's cloud-native 5G standalone core network and Nokia's Subscriber Data Management in multiple countries including France.
- Apr-2021: ZTE Corporation in partnership with Beeline, operator in Uzbekistan. The partnership involves jointly deploying the largest virtualized Subscriber Data Management platform in Uzbekistan.
- Mar-2021: Ericsson partnered with Mobily, a telecommunications company. The partnership involves enhancing subscriber upload speeds and deploying software capabilities on the 5G network in Saudi Arabia.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Feb-2023: Nokia introduced AVA Customer and Mobile Network Insights. The new solution is cloud-native analytics software developed to simplify the collection and analysis process of 5G network data.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jul-2022: Ericsson took over Vonage Holdings, a US-based technology company. The addition of Vonage Holdings enables the acquiring company to deliver a comprehensive suite of communication solutions.
- Sep-2021: Hewlett Packard Enterprise took over Zerto, an Israel-based developer of disaster recovery technology platform. The addition of Zerto broadens the acquiring company's disaster recovery and data management capabilities.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Network Type
- Mobile Networks
- Fixed Networks
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Subscriber Data Repository
- Subscriber Location and Device Information Management
- Subscriber Identity Management
- Subscriber Policy Management
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.)
- Nokia Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- ZTE Corporation
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Optiva, Inc.
- Amdocs Limited
- Enea AB
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Subscriber Data Management Market Report 2023-2029
Europe Subscriber Data Management Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific Subscriber Data Management Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 16.5 billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Rising use of SDM solutions by the telecommunication sector are driving the Market in coming years, however, Increasing data security and privacy concerns restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., ZTE Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Optiva, Inc., Amdocs Limited, and Enea AB.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of this Market over the forecast period?
The Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) market has shown a high growth rate of 17.9% during (2023 - 2029).
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Subscriber Data Repository market is leading the Market by Solution in 2022, thereby achieving a market value of $6.2 billion by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Market by Region in 2022 and would continue to be a dominant market till 2029; thereby, achieving a market value of $5,426.2 million by 2029.