Global Student Information System Market By Component (Software and Services), By Deployment Type (Cloud and On-premise), By Application (Admission & Recruitment, Student Engagement & Support, Student Management, Financial Management and Others), By End User (Higher Education and K-12), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Student Information System Market
Market Report Description
The Global Student Information System Market size is expected to reach $18.7 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 14% CAGR during the forecast period. A student information system (SIS) is a type of information management system which is used by educational institutions to collect, organize, and analyze student information, allowing the institution to manage its administrative relationship with students as a whole. It supports a broad range of back-office administrator and student-faculty-facing functionality to manage key institutional information assets throughout the student life cycle, including student prospects, applicants, and matriculate courses offered by student course registrations, and grades & transcripts.
Educational institutions and governments around the world are putting a lot of money into education. Several educational institutions have already implemented ERP, eLearning, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and smart education, and among other cutting-edge solutions, to improve internal processes while ensuring quality education. Moreover, they have implemented various programs to improve the standard of eLearning. Educational institutions are also implementing SIS to effectively collaborate and communicate with students, parents, and faculty members, among other stakeholders, in order to keep track of all students, enable educators to create educational content tailored to students' learning needs and improve the overall learning experience.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The latest COVID-19 epidemic wreaked havoc on education professionals around the world. Schools and universities have come to a total standstill as a result of the continuous lockdown and have begun adopting online alternatives to continue the year's scheduled curriculum and tests. Student information systems are projected to increase in nations with adequate network infrastructure and internet penetration in this situation. However, in comparison to the existing need for education, these systems cater to a comparatively smaller number of institutes, and hence cost may become one of the key obstacles in the market expansion, perhaps resulting in a loss of opportunity in emerging countries.
Because of the increasing demand for online education, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is projected to have a favorable influence on the industry. According to UNESCO data, 1.3 billion students worldwide were unable to attend their educational institutions in March 2020 and required online education to complete their coursework for the academic year 2020-2021. During the COVID-19 outbreak, eLearning technology gained massive popularity, and it is projected to continue to grow after the pandemic to address a similar situation in the future.
Market Growth Factors:
Thriving education industry is boosting the demand for student information system
This system aids in creating the modern, intuitive experience that students, faculty, and staff expect when transacting business on campus. In addition, these systems also increase operational efficiency by eliminating data silos and paper-based processes and automating workflows, and sustaining financial resources by identifying new revenue sources and eliminating unprofitable programs.
Managing Student-Related Activities efficiently
A student information system also facilitates the discipline among the students in an educational institution. It permits students and administrators to communicate easily for follow-up and future reference. The system keeps track of extracurricular activities, including prizes and achievements of each student. A student information system allows the education institute to keep track of students' attendance and add details to their records.
Market Restraining Factor:
These systems come with high cost of implementation
In comparison to the large number of educational institutions, these systems cater to a comparatively smaller number of institutes, and hence cost may become one of the key obstacles impeding the market expansion, perhaps resulting in a loss of opportunity in emerging countries. Implementation cost in integrating the information system requires a significant investment in terms of software, hardware, and personnel.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Software and Services. The service segment is expected to experience significant growth rate during the forecast period. Training, installation, maintenance, consulting, and support services are all part of the service segment. Integration of apps within academic organizations has proved difficult, time-consuming, and costly. The desire for integration capabilities by institutions to streamline all administrative procedures is driving the expansion of the service segment.
Deployment Type Outlook
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into Cloud and On-premise. In 2020, the cloud sector had the maximum revenue share of the global SIS market. The cloud-based SIS software and service helps to lower overall expenses while also provide highly scalable and adaptable solutions. To boost scalability and mobility, educational institutions are progressively putting SIS on the cloud.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Admission & Recruitment, Student Engagement & Support, Student Management, Financial Management and Others. The financial management sector is expected to increase at the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. Superior integration capabilities, AI, sophisticated analytics and redesigned solution architecture are all contributing to the segment’s growth.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Higher Education and K-12. In 2020, the higher education segment had the maximum revenue shares. Higher education is being driven by an increase in the number of universities around the world as well as increase in educational hardware, gamification, social learning models, and a shift toward digitized learning content. Institutions all over the world are currently confronting a challenge in terms of enhancing administrative operations and student performance while working with limited resources and optimal funding.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 7.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 18.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 14% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||265|
|Number of Tables||433|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Deployment Type, Application, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia-Pacific would be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period. In the last couple of years, China’s widespread use of SIS applications, as well as their widespread use to provincial and lower-tier institutions, as well as middle and high schools, has fueled the regional market growth. Additionally, as educational institutions use digital solutions to improve operational efficiency, the region would present growth avenues for SIS vendors.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Student Information System Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Student Information System Market size to reach USD 18.7 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; SAP SE and Oracle Corporation are the forerunners in the Student Information System Market. Companies such as Tribal Group Plc, Ellucian Company L.P. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, Tribal Group Plc, Workday, Inc., Jenzabar, Inc., Skyward, Inc., Foradian Technologies Private Limited, Anthology, Inc., Ellucian Company L.P. and Beehively.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Student Information System Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jul-2021: Ellucian collaborated with The BIMM Group, the largest specialist provider of creative arts education in the UK. Under this collaboration, BIMM would utilize Ellucian Banner Student with Ellucian Managed Cloud, which is a student information system (SIS) to support registration, advising, grading, enrolment, and course planning. By utilizing all these solutions in the BIMM’s colleges and future colleges, the institutions would automate procedures to enhance efficiencies and make sure about consistency with an enhanced experience for students and staff.
- Jul-2021: Skyward partnered with Utah's 11th largest public school district, Tooele County School District. In this partnership, Tooele County School District has selected Skyward's Student Management System because their latest student information system would assist in the modernization of the district's student-related data and activities.
- May-2021: Oracle teamed up with Quest, the University’s student information system. Under this collaboration, Quest would shift from the on-premises environment to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Oracle Cloud offering would ensure the Quest support team is in the top position to draw a response to feature and functionality requests, better supporting and improving its complete experience.
- Apr-2021: Tribal entered into an eight-year contract with the world-leading university Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. This contract aims to provide Tribal’s cloud-based SITS:Vision Student Management System and next-generation Tribal Edge solutions. Both the entities would provide their vision of improving and engaging student experience. This contract would support Tribal's cloud transition strategy and its market-leading position in South East Asia.
- Apr-2021: Oracle joined hands with the Higher Education Systems & Services (HESS) Consortium Collective. In this collaboration, HESS Consortium Collective chose the Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications portfolio as the group’s human capital management (HCM), single enterprise resource planning (ERP), and student information system platform. In addition, Oracle’s cloud technology would enable collective members to simplify their finance & human resources procedures on a shared technology platform, which would help in boosting efficiency and cost savings.
- Mar-2021: Workday signed an agreement with Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, University of Louisville, University of Central Florida, University of Maryland, and the University of Oklahoma. Moreover, institutions like the University of Arkansas System, The Ohio State University, and Washington State University would shift to virtual platforms during the pandemic, which helps in fulfilling their go-live schedules and managing business continuity.
- Feb-2021: Skyward came into partnership with Red Rover, an absence management solution. This partnership aimed to eradicate the requirement for manual entry of employee leave and substitute work for both Skyward SMS 2.0 and Qmlativ business platform users. Through this partnership, school districts could easily find substitutes who are experts in the fields that are required to keep kids learning.
- Jan-2021: SAP SE extended its partnership with Microsoft Corp., an American multinational technology corporation to boost the adoption of SAP S/4HANA on Microsoft Azure. In addition, the companies aimed to combine Microsoft Teams with SAP’s intelligent portfolio of solutions. Together, the companies worked to streamline customers’ journeys to the cloud.
- Jul-2020: Ellucian formed a partnership with the Nile University (NU), Islamic University of Lebanon (IUL), and Global Academic Foundation (GAF). These institutions have selected Ellucian PowerCampus via Ellucian’s partner, ITB. Ellucian PowerCampus would offer these universities a structured and scalable Student Information System (SIS) solution for better collaboration over various departments and enhanced student experience.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Apr-2021: Tribal Group acquired Semestry Limited, a supplier of cloud-based scheduling and timetabling software to the higher education market. Through this acquisition, Tribal would expand Tribal’s product portfolio with the addition of Scheduling and Timetabling capability to the Group’s Tribal Edge ecosystem of Higher Education solutions. In addition, this deal would also expand the addressable market opportunity for Tribal in the UK, Australasia, and South East Asia, and also other markets because Tribal focused on the adoption of Tribal Edge products in new geographies.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Jul-2021: Foradian Technologies introduced Online Exam Feature in Fedena Mobile App. This Online Exam can be accessible through Fedena Mobile App that enables students to attend scheduled or live examinations from their mobile device. In addition, students can attend the classroom test, online exam, and quiz directly from Fedena Mobile App and also check their exam results without their physical presence on the school premises.
- Jun-2021: Jenzabar introduced a new version of Jenzabar SONIS, a student information system (SIS) developed for smaller and specialized higher education institutions. The new release is also added to the Jenzabar Financial Aid, a powerful financial aid solution, which helps institutions to automate the financial aid procedure, provide precise and customized financial aid offers to students quicker, and further drive enrollment.
- Jun-2021: Jenzabar released Jenzabar Communications, a unified suite of integrated communication tools. These tools enable higher education institutions to provide effortless and highly customized communications to students and other constituents.
- Apr-2021: Ellucian unveiled Ellucian Experience, a cloud-based, fully extensible user experience platform. This platform provides each student a customized dashboard to check grades, classes, and schedules, connect with advisors, receive updates on financial aid, and much more.
- Oct-2020: Oracle launched the Oracle Cloud Observability and Management Platform. This platform brings a complete set of management, diagnostic, and analytics services, which enables users to eradicate the complexity, risk, and cost related to the fragmented approach for managing multi-cloud and on-premises surroundings.
- Jun-2020: SAP SE unveiled SAP Learning Hub, an expanded student edition. This edition focused on innovating and the latest SAP technology for the students preparing for a career in the SAP ecosystem. The edition strengthens SAP’s collaboration with universities & research organizations and developed on a mission to inspire and boost the next generation of talent & leadership.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Deployment Type
- Admission & Recruitment
- Student Engagement & Support
- Student Management
- Financial Management
By End User
- Higher Education
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- SAP SE
- Oracle Corporation
- Tribal Group Plc
- Workday, Inc.
- Jenzabar, Inc.
- Skyward, Inc.
- Foradian Technologies Private Limited
- Anthology, Inc.
- Ellucian Company L.P.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global student information system market by 2027?
The global student information system market size is expected to reach $18.7 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the student information system market?
Thriving education industry is boosting the demand for student information system are driving the market in coming years, however, These systems come with high cost of implementation limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, Tribal Group Plc, Workday, Inc., Jenzabar, Inc., Skyward, Inc., Foradian Technologies Private Limited, Anthology, Inc., Ellucian Company L.P. and Beehively.
At what CAGR is the student information system market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the student information system market is 14% from 2021 to 2027.
Has COVID-19 impacted the student information system market?
Yes, because of the increasing demand for online education, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is projected to have a favorable influence on the industry.
Which region is leading the market?
The North America emerged as the leading region in the student information system market in 2020.