Global Still Wine Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Distribution Channel (Liquor Stores, Internet Retailing, Supermarkets, Pub, Bars & Restaurants), By Type (Red Wine, White Wine), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Still Wine Market
Market Report Description
The Global Still Wine Market size is expected to reach $505.1 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 9.7% CAGR during the forecast period.
The market is primarily driven by the various health benefits connected with alcohol, as well as sophisticated distribution networks and new flavor innovations. Moreover, factors such as consumer accessibility and premium appeal are intended to boost the market in the coming years. In recent years, the concept of serving food alongside alcoholic beverages to improve the dining experience has gained traction. Because of the growing popularity of this combination, wine has become a flexible liquor that can be enjoyed on its own or in a cocktail.
The growth of the still wine market can be attributed to the increased consumption of superior still wines. Additionally, the growing number of wineries in both the domestic and foreign business, as a result of the growing number of wine consumers, is predicted to fuel market growth. Travel and increased disposable income are causing people to adopt global behaviors and cultures, resulting in a greater appreciation for and consumption of fine wines. As a result, these factors are estimated to propel the still wine market. Furthermore, shifting customers' preferences from hard alcohol to moderate or low-alcohol beverages like wine, beer, or seltzers is a major factor driving the market growth.
Blending is the process of combining wines from various years, maturities, fruits, and geographies to create a new wine with a distinct flavor profile or to retain quality consistency. Fuller, rounder wines can be combined with acidic wines. After that, the blended wines are rested and fined once more. The wines are then blended and stored in sanitized bottles. To remove any oxygen, the wine bottle is progressively filled and capped with either carbon dioxide or nitrogen. Following that, the bottles are labeled and transported to the dealer for distribution or for further bottle aging.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic reflected a beneficial impact on online distribution channels of the still wine market. Due to the lockdown imposed by several countries, the COVID-19 pandemic had an influence on raw material production and supply chains. Following that, the market witnessed an upsurge in the demand for liquors via eCommerce platforms. The market's boom has been fueled by advantageous characteristics of eCommerce platforms, like on delivery, numerous discounts, and a pleasant purchasing experience. Due to a range of applications and stay-at-home laws, online sales channels experienced tremendous growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Market Growth Factors
Improves the heart health of the consumer
Still wines have a number of benefits for the health of the consumer. Mostly all wines, particularly red and white wines, as well as sparkling wines, are considered good for improving the health of the heart of the consumer. Both white and red grapes are used to make sparkling wine. Resveratrol, a form of polyphenol found in red grape skins, is found in red wine. Resveratrol is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance that can help prevent the formation of chronic disorders like metabolic syndrome by reducing inflammation. Moreover, red grape polyphenols may help prevent blood vessel damage, protect the lining of the capillaries providing blood to the heart of the consumer, and avoid blood clots.
Enhanced skin and cognitive function
One of the major benefits of drinking still wines is that they can significantly enhance the skin as well as the cognitive function of the consumer. Sparkling wine can assist to improve the appearance of the skin and make it look younger and fresher. Carbon dioxide is present in sparkling wine. Carbon dioxide is increasingly utilized in skin therapy, termed carboxytherapy and carbon dioxide therapy, to help renew the skin. Stretch marks, skin elasticity, as well as wrinkle reduction, can all be aided by the carbon dioxide present in sparkling wine. Additionally, the polyphenols in sparkling wine work as antioxidants, which can aid in the prevention of skin redness as well as inflammation.
Market Restraining Factors
Increases stress as well as the risk of cancer
Alcohol can lower cortisol levels, resulting in a relaxing effect. This, however, does not prevent the mind from wandering. Sparkling wine, like other alcoholic beverages, has been shown to increase the inclination to dwell on unpleasant and negative thoughts. Due to this, in order to feel better, most people drink massive amounts of still wine. A lot of people also turn to a bottle of wine after a tough day, but they would have the same stresses the next morning. Sometimes, people also experience increased levels of stress due to the excess consumption of wine. Sparkling wine can aid in the prevention of heart disease. However, excessive alcohol consumption can raise the risk of cancer, particularly lung as well as breast cancer.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Liquor Stores, Internet Retailing, Supermarkets, Pub, Bars & Restaurants, and Others. In 2021, the internet retailing segment recorded a substantial revenue share of the still wine market. The growth of this segment is considerably rising due to the features of internet retailing channels, like on-home delivery, a comfortable shopping experience, and a variety of schemes.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Red Wine, White Wine, and Others. In 2021, the red wine segment acquired the highest revenue share of the still wine market. Because red wine is high in antioxidants and strong plant chemicals, it is widely drunk around the world. In addition, various in vitro studies have revealed a variety of benefits, including an improvement in consumers' healthy lifestyles after regular drinking of red wine in moderation. As a result, all variables are expected to contribute to the segment's growth in the forecasting years.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 266.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 505.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.7% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||163|
|Number of Tables||284|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Nigeria|
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Still Wine Market Competition Analysis
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2021, North America accounted for the highest revenue share of the still wine market. The flourishing growth of the regional market is majorly attributed to the high liquor consumption of regional countries, including the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The United States is one of the leading countries in wine consumption all over the world.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Still Wine Market size to reach USD 505.1 Billion by 2028
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Diageo PLC is the major forerunner in the Still Wine Market. Companies such as Pernod Ricard S.A., Treasury Wine Estates Limited and E. & J. Gallo Winery are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Constellation Brands, Inc., The Wine Group, E. & J. Gallo Winery, Diageo PLC, Pernod Ricard S.A., Treasury Wine Estates Limited, Trinchero Family Estates, CASTEL Familial et international, Zhang Yu Wine Company, and Casella Wines Pty Limited.
Strategies Deployed in Still Wine Market
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jan-2022: Casella acquired Australian Beer, a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Europacific Partners. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to expand and strengthen its portfolio in the beer and cider business.
- Nov-2021: Treasury Wine Estates took over Frank Family Vineyards, a producer of world-class chardonnay and cabernet. With this acquisition, the company aimed to expand its portfolio and complement its vision to become the leader in the premium wine market across the Americas.
- Sep-2021: Pernod-Ricard acquired Specialty Drinks, the parent company of the Whisky Exchange. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to add another milestone in its strategy to fulfill the new demands of customers in the context of robust e-commerce growth.
- Jan-2021: E. & J. Gallo Winery acquired more than 30 wine brands from Constellation Brands, a manufacturer, and marketer of beer, wine, and spirits. Following this acquisition, the company aimed to expand its operational footprint through the integration of five wineries based in New York, California, and Washington.
- Jul-2020: Constellation Brands took over Empathy Wines, a high-performing and digitally native wine brand DTC platform. Under this acquisition, Constellation would leverage the Empathy Wines team in order to accelerate the growth of the brand. Moreover, Constellation would also utilize rich consumer insights and analytics and brand-building expertise of Empathy Wines along with its digital technology to develop DTC as well as digital capabilities to provide sustainable and robust growth to its portfolio.
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2021: The Wine Group entered into a partnership with MPL Brands, the owner of the biggest brand across the wine-based ready-to-drink beverage business. Through this partnership, the companies aimed to integrate MPL's product innovation and TWG's expertise in operations and sales. in order to augment the growth of both of the companies.
- May-2021: Trinchero partnered with Ceretto, a family-owned wine estate. Following this partnership, TFE would offer its resources and support to Ceretto in order to enable Ceretto to grow across the United States.
- May-2021: Treasury Wine Estates came into a long-term distribution agreement with Republic National Distributing Company. Following this agreement, RNDC would distribute TWE's products in multiple markets across various states including Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, and Kentucky.
- Mar-2021: E. & J. Gallo entered into a partnership with Summergate, a winery in China. Under this partnership, Summergate would distribute luxury brands of Orin Swift, Pahlmeyer, Louis M. Martini, and L’usine across mainland China.
- Feb-2021: Trinchero came into a partnership with Famiglia Cotarella, a winery and vineyard in Montefiascone. With this partnership, TFE aimed to integrate the capabilities of Trincheroin into its family-owned wineries portfolio in order to increase its focus on sustainable viticulture, quality wines, and community involvement.
- Jun-2020: Trinchero partnered with Polo wines, one of the most innovative wineries in Montalcino. This partnership aimed to enable TFE to expand its portfolio with like-minded wineries with a mutual vision for family and quality.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2022: E. & J. Gallo Winery rolled out the Spirit of Gallo, the company's latest brand of spirits portfolio. This launch aimed to offer E. & J. the prospect to highlight its spirits portfolio. In addition, the new offering includes vodka, rum, tequila, and gin.
- Mar-2022: The Wine Group unveiled Lemonade Stand at Main & Vinem, the latest range of wines with the essence of natural flavors of ripe sun-kissed fruit and lemonade. With this launch, the company aimed to gain the traction of new consumers in the wine category of the company.
- Nov-2021: Treasury Wine Estates introduced Penfolds g5, the final wine in its G series. With this launch, the company aimed to offer the latest bottling encompassing a combination of 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018 vintages through the Australian winery of its flagship brand. In addition, the new Penfolds g5 would be available in selected off-premise outlets all over the world.
- May-2022: Treasury Wine Estates expanded its geographical footprints in Australia with the introduction of its new state-of-the-art wine production facility in the Barossa. The new production facility would allow TWE to expand its premium winemaking capacity, increase production efficiency, and expand its storage capacity.
- Jun-2021: E. & J. expanded its geographical footprint with the introduction of a new state-of-the-art production facility and distribution center across Chester County. Through this geographical expansion, the company aimed to support its long-term innovation plans along with future business growth. In addition, the new production facility would also enable Gallo to more effectively fulfill the demands of its customers across the East Coast.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
- Liquor Stores
- Internet Retailing
- Pub, Bars & Restaurants
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Constellation Brands, Inc.
- The Wine Group
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Diageo PLC
- Pernod Ricard S.A.
- Treasury Wine Estates Limited
- Trinchero Family Estates
- CASTEL Familial et international
- Zhang Yu Wine Company
- Casella Wines Pty Limited
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free