Global Skin Tightening Products Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product Type, By Application (Face Lifting, Anti- Ageing, and Others), By Distribution Channel, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Skin Tightening Products Market
Market Report Description
The Global Skin Tightening Products Market size is expected to reach $1.3 Billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 10.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Skin tightening is a technique that helps individuals appear younger by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and deteriorating skin. In order to lift and shrink some sagging skin in preparation for adequate skin tightening, the process uses various tools, treatments, and medical techniques. Due to its capacity to offer a nonsurgical alternative to more invasive operations to improve the quality of the skin, skin tightening techniques have recently become more and more popular.
Additionally, it aids in promoting new collagen formation in the treated area and collagen absorption from untreated areas. The most popular method for people to improve the condition of their skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles is a skin tightening solution. The skin tightening products market is expanding due to increased consumer knowledge of skin tightening treatments and the creation of technologically sophisticated skin tightening devices.
Additionally, customers' increasing knowledge of various skin therapy methods and desire to enhance the quality of their skin are pushing them to choose skin tightening procedures. The market for skin tightening products is expanding due to an ageing population and problems with damaged skin. The majority of leaders in the market are choosing non-invasive methods. Therefore, the need for skin tightening will probably increase in the upcoming years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic had a large effect on the skincare industry, which included the skin tightening sector. In addition, lockdowns and other social isolation strategies made it so many people spend more time at home, changing their skincare priorities. People turned to at-home skincare remedies during the pandemic as they were more worried about the condition and appearance of their skin. This was partly brought on by increased screen usage, raising concerns about blue light's harm and ageing effects. Due to the economic instability during the pandemic, less money was spent on skincare, but there was a greater desire for at-home skin tightening remedies.
Market Growth Factors
Growing Concerns Regarding the Younger Generation
The demand for anti-ageing products is rising due to the younger generation's growing awareness of these treatments for the body and skin. Due to the growth in skin conditions brought on by pollution, bad food, excessive alcohol use, etc., people are more eager to care for their skin. People's increasing desire to seem young and healthy drives the need for anti-ageing products such as creams, lotions, gels, and other cosmetics. Additionally, throughout the forecast period, the market is expected to grow due to customers' propensity to use skin tightening creams and lotions to look young and appealing.
Rising Ageing Population All Over the World
A growing proportion of people in their middle years feel ageing anxiety due to the increased frequency of visible signs of ageing. For instance, intrinsic or chronological ageing alters how the face looks by causing changes to the skin's suppleness and collagen, the production of melanin and hair follicles, the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, and an increase in hyperpigmentation. Like intrinsic ageing, extrinsic ageing is caused by the environment, stress, pollution, and food, affecting collagen and elastin in the dermis. Most people will spend money on organic skin care products if it means having gorgeous, clear skin. Customers are therefore anticipated to have more disposable income during the anticipated term, which will fuel market expansion over the anticipated time.
Market Restraining Factors
More Preference to Alternative Skin Tightening Procedures
One of the most popular procedures for tightening the skin on the neck, lower face, and chest is ultherapy. The skin is made tighter by ultrasonic energy. Dermatologists laud the treatment's action mode, which lifts sagging skin from within and promotes collagen regrowth. Another solution for sagging skin is Thermage radiofrequency. Radiofrequency heating of the skin on the face, hands, neck, and torso is permitted by the FDA. In order to reinforce the epidermal layers and promote collagen formation, the technique also gives the epidermal layers additional attention. However, due to this, more people prefer undergoing these procedures, which may hinder market growth for skin tightening products.
Product Type Outlook
Based on product, the skin tightening products market is segmented into serums, face oils, creams/lotions, and others. In 2022, the serums segment held the highest revenue share in the skin tightening market. People rely on face serums to tighten their skin for various reasons, including sun damage, ageing, and lifestyle choices. Serums with components including peptides, retinol, hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamin C, antioxidants, and niacinamide can help firm the skin, minimize wrinkles, repair UV damage, and fight the effects of unhealthy lifestyle choices.
By application, the skin tightening products market is fragmented into face lifting, anti-ageing, and others. The anti-ageing segment acquired a substantial revenue share in the skin tightening products market in 2022. The skincare industry has placed an increasing amount of emphasis on customized skincare products that cater to specific skin issues and requirements. This has prompted the creation of specialized skincare regimens that can aid in reducing the signs of ageing and enhancing skin health.
Distribution Channel Outlook
On the basis of distribution channel, the skin tightening products market is bifurcated into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, pharmacies, and online. In 2022, the specialty stores segment dominated the skin tightening products market with the maximum revenue share. Specialty stores have become a prominent distribution channel for skincare products because they offer products that appeal to skin types, concerns, and preferences.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 647.3 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 1.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.4% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||223|
|Number of Table||374|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Application, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the skin tightening products market is analysed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. The Asia Pacific region garnered a significant revenue share in the skin tightening products market in 2022. The Asia Pacific region is experiencing a sharp increase in demand for skin tightening solutions. People are actively looking for solutions to improve their skin texture and are becoming more interested in skincare in nations like South Korea, Japan, China, and India.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Skin Tightening Products Market size to reach USD 1.3 Billion by 2029
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Skin Tightening Products Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; The Procter and Gamble Company, L'Oreal Group, Unilever PLC, and Johnson & Johnson are the forerunners in the Skin Tightening Products Market. Companies such as The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA, and Crown Laboratories, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the Skin Tightening Products Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include L'Oreal Group (SkinCeuticals), Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena), The Procter and Gamble Company (Olay), Estee Lauder Companies, Inc., Murad, LLC (Unilever PLC), Bausch Health Companies, Inc., Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA, Crown Laboratories, Inc. (Strivectin), Clarins Group SA, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, LLC
Strategies deployed in Skin Tightening Products Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2022: The Estée Lauder Companies signed an agreement for taking over the TOM FORD brand, a worldwide leader in luxury. Through this acquisition, TOM FORD's capabilities in delivering consumers the luxury fragrance and beauty products would support The Estée Lauder in delivering customers the finest quality offerings worldwide.
- Sep-2022: L'Oréal partnered with Verily, an Alphabet precision health enterprise, to boost its skin health domain. With this partnership, Verily 's powerful offerings for dermatologists and consumers would be combined with L'Oréal's beauty tech strategies facilitating L'Oréal in product development. Moreover, the partnership would extend L'Oréal's reach in beauty business in the North American region.
- Sep-2022: L’Oréal came into an agreement to acquire Skinbetter Science, an American skincare brand. With this acquisition, Skinbetter Science's expertise in delivering science supported innovative skincare products in the North American region would enable L’Oréal to expand its geographical footprint in the North American region.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2021: StriVectin, a subsidiary of Crown Laboratories, Inc., unveiled three skincare offerings namely, Contour Restore Tightening & Sculpting Face Cream, Contour Restore Firming Moisture Balm for Eyes, and Pro GlowFoliant Mix-in Microderm Crystals. Contour Restore Tightening & Sculpting Face Cream would deliver augmented skin natural elastin-building potential, Whereas, Contour Restore Firming Moisture Balm for Eyes-combining the power of peptides, niacin, NIA-114, sodium PCA, and sodium hyaluronate the product would be beneficial in restoring firmness around the eye area while Pro GlowFoliant Mix-In Microderm Crystals are AHA-would be containing microdermabrasion crystals that blend with any cleanser shedding off dead skin cells.
- Sep-2021: Olay released a range of body lotions, unifying the capabilities of niacinamide with Vitamin B3 Complex, collagen, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C, to deliver skin benefits to women. The collection incorporates products Firming Body Lotion with Collagen-hydrating skin with plumping moisture helpful in tightening the skin and reducing fine lines, Nourishing Body Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid-for providing deep moisture to the skin and hydrates through locking nourishment, Revitalizing Body Lotion with Vitamin C -for giving brightening effect and radiance to the dull skin.
- Mar-2021: Clarins unveiled Total Eye Lift, a cream developed for skin tightening and treating wrinkles. Total Eye Lift would consist of Organic guarana, Escin, albizia, and plant-derived caffeine beneficial for skin tightening, removing puffiness, reducing dark circles and wrinkles smoothening.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Dec-2021: L’Oréal completed the acquisition of Youth to the People, a U.S. based skincare company. Through this acquisition, the expertise of Youth to the People in developing high quality skincare products formulated with vegan blends of superfood extract would be leveraged by L’Oréal to deliver enhanced skincare products to consumers.
- Aug-2021: Unilever completed the acquisition of Paula’s Choice Skincare, to advance its skincare segment suite and expand its reach to worldwide customers. Through this acquisition, Paula's skincare and ingredient deep knowledge would provide aid to Unilever in expanding its portfolio in the skincare segment and serving worldwide customers.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Jun-2022: L’Oréal expanded its business by re-launching its luxury beauty brand, Lancôme, in India. This expansion would allow L’Oréal to use the Lancôme brand to sell skincare, cosmetics, and fragrances across India.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product Type
- Face Oils
- Face Lifting
- Anti- Ageing
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Online Sales Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- L'Oreal Group (SkinCeuticals)
- Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena)
- The Procter and Gamble Company (Olay)
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Murad, LLC (Unilever PLC)
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Crown Laboratories, Inc. (Strivectin)
- Clarins Group SA
- Dr.Dennis Gross Skincare, LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Skin Tightening Products Market Report 2023-2029
Europe Skin Tightening Products Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific Skin Tightening Products Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 1.3 Billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Rising Ageing Population All Over the World are driving the Market in coming years, however, More Preference to Alternative Skin Tightening Procedures restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
L'Oreal Group (SkinCeuticals), Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena), The Procter and Gamble Company (Olay), Estee Lauder Companies, Inc., Murad, LLC (Unilever PLC), Bausch Health Companies, Inc., Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA, Crown Laboratories, Inc. (Strivectin), Clarins Group SA, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, LLC.
At what CAGR is the Market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of this Market is 10.4% from 2023 to 2029.
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Face Lifting market is leading the Global Skin Tightening Products Market by Application in 2022; thereby, achieving a market value of $594.2 million by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Global Skin Tightening Products Market by Region in 2022; thereby, achieving a market value of $439.6 million by 2029.