Global Single Board Computer Market By Processor (X86, ARM, ATOM, and PowerPC), By End User (Industrial Automation, Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Single Board Computer Market
The Global Single Board Computer Market size is expected to reach $3.8 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 7.2% CAGR during the forecast period. A Single Board Computer can be considered as an electronic device installed on a single circuit board with microchips, memory, and other input/output characteristics needed for the ordinary functioning of a computer. The Single Board Computer is made by expanding the density of integrated circuits. This decreased circuit setup also decreases the overall expense of the framework by decreasing the number of bus drivers and connectors, by eliminating the number of circuit boards needed. By combining all the functionalities on a single board, a smaller system popularly known as Single Board Computer is obtained.
Single Board Computer Market Size, By End User, 2020-2026
Expansion in the development of wireless communication infrastructure and steady advancements of product designing alongside expanding demand of Single Board Computer applications in ATMs, industrial computers, medical equipment automation equipment is the significant driving element for the development of Single Board Computer market. Easy availability of Single Board Computers and normalized form elements will build the demand for innovative devices in the market. Expanded computing power, high adaptability, lowered power consumption, and higher effectiveness is the significant drivers to drive the market demand of the Single Board Computer market.
Single Board Computer Market Share, By Processor, 2019
Connectivity using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi, are some technological development in the field of Single Board Computer trusted in the communication industry. The consumer need for Single Board Computer varies based on the deployed environment, application, and industries along these lines creating demands for different designing needs. Other development factors incorporate the initiative to build up the designs of devices with the end goal that the users have the access to most recent software and hardware parts at the beginning.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 2.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 3.8 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||190|
|Number of Tables||293|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competition Analysis, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Processor, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
COVID-19 has a massive effect on the end-use and the economy. Electronics manufacturing hubs have been briefly closed down to limit the COVID-19 spread among people. This has significantly influenced the supply chain of the single-board computer industry by creating deficiencies in components and finished goods. The absence of business progression has guaranteed critical negative effects on shareholder returns and income, which are anticipated to create finance-related interruptions in the single board computer market.
Based on Processor, the market is segmented into X86, ARM, ATOM, and PowerPC. Based on End User, the market is segmented into Industrial Automation, Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Single Board Computer Market to reach a market size of $3.8 Billion by 2026
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Single Board Computer Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships and Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Intel Corporation is the forerunner in the Single Board Computer Market. Companies such as Mercury Systems, Inc., Advantech Co., Ltd., Aaeon Technologies, Inc., Eurotech Group PLC, Adlink Technology, Inc., Digi International, Inc., Qualcomm, Inc., Texas Instruments, Inc., and Xilinx, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Qualcomm, Inc., Xilinx, Inc., Texas Instruments, Inc., Intel Corporation, Advantech Co., Ltd., Eurotech Group PLC, Digi International, Inc., Mercury Systems, Inc., Adlink Technology, Inc., and Aaeon Technologies, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Single Board Computer Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Oct-2020: Eurotech collaborated with NVIDIA, an American multinational technology. Following the collaboration, Eurotech joined the NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN). Eurotech brings supercomputing performances to the edge with its HPEC systems and boards for faster data access, storage, and computation, allowing enabling AI, virtualization, and heavy-duty workloads at the edge. The NPN program would offer Eurotech engineers access to the NVIDIA ecosystem of AI expertise, further supporting Eurotech’s mission to provide unprecedented HPEC edge and embedded computing platforms that let integrators and end-users accelerate their time to market.
- Aug-2020: Adlink Technology joined hands with PNY Technologies. Adlink’s Edge AI platforms enhanced PNY’s portfolio of AI capable GPU. The platform enabled customers to automate and innovate by being closer to their data. Complementing NVIDIA Quadro PCIe products with ADLINK’s MXM single-board supercomputer, and ruggedized systems suitable for the latest AIoT edge deployments builds on our strengths
- Jun-2020: Adlink Technology launched the ROScube-I with Intel, providing a real-time ROS 2 robot controller for advanced robotic applications. The ADLINK ROScube-I Series is a ROS 2-enabled robotic controller based on Intel, Xeon E, 9th Gen Intel CoreTM i7/i3, and 8th Gen Intel® CoreTM i5 processors supporting a wide variety of sensors and actuators to meet the needs of a wide range of robotic applications.
- Mar-2020: Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC partnered with Avnet. The combination brought up the Upgraded version of Ultra96 SBC for control and safety-critical applications. The platform includes Ultra96-V2 industrial-temperature-grade single-board computer, including an Aavid heatsink.
- Jan-2019: Intel teamed up with Acromag, following which the latter company launched the AcroExpress VPX6860 6U OpenVPX single board computer. The VPX6860 series comes with the 6th Generation Skylake Intel Xeon E3-1505M processor and CM236 PCH chipset for wide-ranging I/O support. This product's memory performance can expand up to 32GB of DDR4 ECC SODIMMs that has firmly attached to the board but removable for security or upgrades. The SBC is designed for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications and manufactured in the USA with a minimum 7-year life expectancy. They also offered Front I/O air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2020: Advantech introduced a range of embedded computing solutions featuring 11th Gen. Intel Core and Intel Celeron processors. These solutions include MIO-5375 and MIO-2375 embedded single board computers, SOM-7583 and SOM-6883 computers on modules, and the Ei-52 edge intelligence system. These systems feature the latest processors from Intel and Advantech’s WISE-DeviceOn, an IoT device management solution that provides high computing performance to machine vision, medical, defense, and AI applications.
- Oct-2020: Eurotech extended its embedded module product portfolio with the launch of the CPU-180-02, a high-performance fabless module. This module has been designed to enable Functional Safety (FuSa) applications at the Edge. It is a rugged module based on the COM-HPC Client and provides additional capabilities, such as Functional Safety signals through proprietary extensions.
- Jun-2020: Advantech unveiled the latest 3.5” SBC MIO-5393 powered by 9th Gen. Intel Xeon/Core. It features a compact 146 x 102 mm (5.78 x 4.01 in) design. This single-board computer provides impressive I/O functionality and domain-focused features like CAN bus.
- May-2020: Aaeon Technologies developed an embedded artificial intelligence and edge computing. The PICO-WHU4 single-board computer features the 8th Generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 and Celeron processor that supports up to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, and a PICO-ITX form factor. This edge computing has an operating temperature range from 0°C to 60°C and comprises two Ethernet ports, two HDMI ports, and four USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports.
- Jan-2020: Mercury Systems announced the launch of its EnsembleSeries CIOE-1390 module for helicopters and urban air mobility vehicles. It is the industry's first commercially-available compute module with Intel Atom multi-core processors and embedded BuiltSAFE technology for flight safety certification.
- Jun-2019: Advantech launched its embedded computing platforms featuring the newest 8th Gen, Intel Core U-Series and Y-Series processors and 9th Gen, Intel Core S and H processors. These platforms include a computer on modules SOM-5899R and SOM-6882, single-board computers MIO-5373 and MIO-5393; industrial motherboards AIMB-233, AIMB-276, AIMB-286, AIMB-506, and AIMB-586; as well as Embedded PCs EPC-C301 and EPC-T2286.
- May-2019: Digi International introduced the Digi ConnectCore 8X development kits, including Digi ConnectCore 8X. It is a powerful, secure, and cost-effective off-the-shelf single board computer (SBC) with support for Linux and Android, as a connected system solution concept for device manufacturers developing edge-intelligent products. Digi ConnectCore 8X provides cloud and edge-compute services integration while reducing time-to-market by eliminating traditional risk, effort, and complexity of custom board designs without sacrificing flexibility or capabilities.
- Mar-2019: Aaeon launched a new product, the Whiskey Lake processor with the UP Xtreme SBC. This SBC comes with a powerful Intel Core i3, i5, or i7. This board features 4 GB to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM (dual-channel) and comes in a 120 mm x 120 mm form factor.
Scope of the Single Board Computer Market Analysis
- Industrial Automation
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- Eurotech Group PLC
- Digi International, Inc.
- Mercury Systems, Inc.
- Adlink Technology, Inc.
- Aaeon Technologies, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Single Board Computer Market Related Reports:
How valuable the single board computer market be in the future?
The global single board computer market size is expected to reach $3.8 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive single board computer industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the single board computer industry include growth in need for industrial automation.
Who are the leading players in single board computer market?
Qualcomm, Inc., Xilinx, Inc., Texas Instruments, Inc., Intel Corporation, Advantech Co., Ltd., Eurotech Group PLC, Digi International, Inc., Mercury Systems, Inc., Adlink Technology, Inc., and Aaeon Technologies, Inc.
Which segment shows high income of the single board computer market in 2019?
The X86 processor segment was the largest income contributor in 2019. This is ascribed to the fact that X86 is better in performance and has been in demand in the last few years.