Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market By Component (Solutions and Services), By Application (Security & Risk Management, Asset Management, Compliance Management and Others), By Deployment Type (On-premise and Cloud), By Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises), By End User (BFSI, Retail & eCommerce, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Telecom & IT, Government & Public Sector and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Sensitive Data Discovery Market
The Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market size is expected to reach $12.8 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 17.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Sensitive data discovery is a process of locating and recognizing sensitive data to secure any sort of data or information. It is considered as an important step for security teams to be compliant, make sure about the privacy of customers & employees of the companies, and avoid breaches and risk of data leakage. Data discovery is a continuous effort for security experts to actively maintain and create a robust & safe infrastructure because there is vast amount of data which being generated on daily basis.
Many small and large enterprises utilize sensitive data discovery software to detect the location of their important information, mostly to comply with normal industry regulatory frameworks for data protection & privacy. These frameworks include General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA); standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO); and others. Information security teams mostly install and operate sensitive data discovery software, at the same time privacy teams can also request data from the reports. These solutions help in finding cloud storage, on-site databases, websites, email servers, applications, and other structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data or information.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Solutions and Services. The services market segment is estimated to increase at a significant rate over the forecast period. This growth is due to the rising demand for deployment & integration and consulting services by the end-users to efficiently incorporate these tools of sensitive data discovery to collect the structured and unstructured data from various sources.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Security & Risk Management, Asset Management, Compliance Management and Others. The Security & Risk Management market dominated the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market by Application 2019. The Asset Management market is experiencing a CAGR of 17.8% during the period. Additionally, The Compliance Management market would showcase a CAGR of 17.7% during (2020 - 2026).
Deployment Type Outlook
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into On-premise and Cloud. The cloud segment is anticipated to grow with a promising CAGR owing to the accessibility of easy deployment options and minimizing the needs of capital and time. The present lockdown regulation of COVID-19 the industry is severely affected by various problems such as social distancing & absence of workforce, led to the adoption of cloud based solutions. The factors that are responsible for the increasing adoption of on-premises based data discovery solutions are extremely safe data encryption and comprehensive data visibility.
Enterprise Size Outlook
Based on Enterprise Size, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises. The Large Enterprises market dominated the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market by Enterprise Size 2019. The Small & Medium Enterprises market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.7% during (2020 - 2026).
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into BFSI, Retail & eCommerce, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Telecom & IT, Government & Public Sector and Others. The BFSI domain is estimated to witness the largest market share over the forecast period. Additionally, the healthcare & life sciences domain would exhibit highest CAGR over the forecast period. At the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare researchers and hospitals dealt with various data that created a huge requirement for efficient data discovery and management. Data preparation and graphical user interface help the customers to use integrated intelligence with automatic data prep tasks.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 5.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 12.8 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.1% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||333|
|Number of Tables||553|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Segments covered||Component, Application, Deployment Type, Enterprise Size, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market to reach a market size of $12.8 billion by 2026
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Sensitive Data Discovery Market Competition Analysis
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America is estimated to garner the largest market share in the market while Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness a significant CAGR over the forecast period. The increasing awareness for securing data and maintaining privacy among the companies in main countries like India, Japan, and China is estimated to propel the demand for sensitive data discovery solutions and services.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Google, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation are the forerunners in the Sensitive Data Discovery Market. Companies such as Micro Focus International PLC, Amazon.com, Inc., Netwrix Corporation, Thales Group S.A., Proofpoint, Inc., and Oracle Corporation are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Amazon.com, Inc., Google, Inc., Micro Focus International PLC, Thales Group S.A., Hitachi, Ltd., SolarWinds Corporation, Proofpoint, Inc. and Netwrix Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Sensitive Data Discovery Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2020: AWS came into collaboration with BigID, a software company. Under this collaboration, BigID announced the beta release for SmallID, which helps customers to manage and secure their sensitive, personal, critical, and regulated data on AWS, with more data intelligence and actionable insight. It also helps in bringing visibility, classification, and cataloging to data stored in AWS.
- Dec-2020: Google extended its partnership with Virtru, a global leader in data protection and privacy. Under this partnership, the companies incorporated Virtru’s Trusted Data Platform into additional Google Workspace and Google Cloud applications and services. Both the companies offers an additional layer of verifiable trust, granular data control, and ensure privacy for data shared, stored, and analyzed in Google Cloud and Google Workspace.
- Nov-2020: Amazon Business entered in partnership with McAfee, an American global computer security software company. Together, the companies are offering exclusive security software and IT services bundle for Business Prime members, especially for helping owners of small to medium-size operations (SMBs). The bundle also includes comprehensive solutions that safeguard sensitive data through email, offer web and firewall protection, provide mobile VPN, and protect all devices from malware and new online threats.
- Oct-2020: Microsoft Azure partnered with UC San Francisco’s Center for Digital Health Innovation (CDHI), Fortanix, and Intel. The partnership aimed to develop a privacy-preserving data analytics platform that improves healthcare artificial intelligence. The platform offers a zero-trust environment to safeguard both the intellectual property of an algorithm and the privacy of healthcare data. Meanwhile, CDHI’s proprietary BeeKeeperAI offers the workflows to enable transformation, efficient data access, and orchestration around multiple data providers.
- Oct-2020: Amazon Web Services partnered with Cohesity, a privately held information technology company. The partnership focused on helping companies protect, govern, and analyze their growing amounts of data.
- Sep-2020: Microsoft collaborated with Dataguise, the leader in personal data discovery and protection. In this collaboration, Dataguise aims to help Microsoft customers to reduce risk and increase ROI in their information security efforts.
- May-2020: Google Cloud came into partnership with Splunk, an American public multinational corporation. The partnership focused on helping companies to drive actionable insights from their data and allow better and quicker decisions with real-time visibility all across the enterprise.
- Oct-2019: Thales came into collaboration with Ground Labs, an expert in sensitive data discovery. In this collaboration, the companies aimed to create a unified solution, which allows optimal data management and protection and supports requirements from developing compliance regulations that include the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and HIPAA.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Mar-2020: Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, acquired Waterline Data, Inc., a provider of intelligent data cataloging solutions. The acquisition expanded Hitachi Vantara's DataOps solutions and offers customers a way to unite silos of data distributed across the cloud, the machines & devices at the edges of their networks, and data infrastructure.
- Nov-2019: Proofpoint completed the acquisition of ObserveIT, the leading insider threat management platform. Under this acquisition, ObserveIT’s lightweight endpoint agent technology and data risk analytics integrated with Proofpoint’s industry-leading information classification, threat detection, and intelligence. It enables companies to have unprecedented insight into customer activity with their sensitive data when it resides, and the ability to quickly remove threats.
- Jul-2019: Microsoft acquired BlueTalon, a data privacy and governance service. The acquisition improved Microsoft's ability to empower organizations in industries to digitally transform while ensuring the right usage of data with centralized data governance at scale by Azure.
- Feb-2019: Micro Focus acquired Interset, a worldwide leader in security analytics software. The acquisition helped Micro Focus to add depth to its Security, Risk & Governance portfolio and aligns with the company's strategy to assist customers rapidly and accurately validate and evaluate risk as they digitally transform their businesses.
- Dec-2018: Netwrix completed its acquisition of Concept Searching, a global leader in semantic metadata generation, auto-classification, and taxonomy management software. The acquisition aimed to improve customers’ contextual awareness of sensitive structured and unstructured data, both on-premises and in the cloud. Both the companies were partners earlier since February of this same year.
» Product Launches and Product Expansion:
- Feb-2021: AWS added a series of new capabilities to Amazon Macie. This series makes it to scope, configure, and run sensitive data discovery in AWS that includes support for scanning jobs, which involve Amazon S3 buckets residing over multiple accounts, scoping of scans by object prefix, improved cost estimation for visibility of spend before jobs are surrendered and sensitive data location information embedded to Macie findings.
- Dec-2020: Microsoft introduced the latest data governance solution in public preview on its cloud platform called Azure Purview. The solution automates the search of data and cataloging along with reducing the compliance risk and assisting customers to map all their data, without any problem with their residential location, to offer an end-to-end view of their data estate.
- Oct-2020: Google launched Android Partner Vulnerability Initiative, a new initiative for helping the third-party Android vendors patch flaws and vulnerabilities faster. This initiative enables manufacturers to discover flaws and fixes them soon.
- Oct-2020: Micro Focus introduced a new digital resource, CISO Resource, to boost company resilience during unprecedented global challenges. The introduction of CyberResilient.com, a digital resource designed to help CISOs and board members as they anticipate the changing demands of the digital economy, and attempt to continue to propel business growth at times of uncertainty.
- Sep-2020: Proofpoint introduced multiple latest Proofpoint innovations to assure that companies across the globe have end-to-end protection around their people. The new people-centric Enterprise DLP solution by Proofpoint helps companies to recognize and quickly acknowledge and respond to data loss caused by negligent, compromised, or malicious users. Proofpoint’s Nexus People Risk Explorer is also accessible in the market, it offers the industry’s first united view of vulnerable, attacked, and privileged users.
- Sep-2020: Thales introduced the CipherTrust Data Security Platform, the industry’s first unified data protection solution. The solution enables enterprises to discover, protect, and control their most sensitive data wherever it resides. It also helps in solving major challenges they face day today. These challenges include data security complexity caused by multi-cloud adoption, developing global and regional privacy regulations, and the risk of data breaches from external and internal risks.
- May-2020: Micro Focus released Micro Focus File Analysis Suite. This suite provides IT administrators a complete data lifecycle management solution for identifying, managing, and securing sensitive information in the enterprise.
- Jan-2020: Micro Focus introduced Voltage SmartCipher, a new offering. Voltage SmartCipher offers a safe collaboration and streamlines unstructured data protection and management by integrating critical technology features into one solution for endpoint privacy and security. The solution transparently operates with any data type that includes on-premises or cloud offerings, helps organizations to safely use the information for business value along with protecting the privacy of this unstructured data.
- Sep-2019: Proofpoint announced various people-centric security and compliance innovations overall product lines. All these improvements enable organizations globally to stay ahead of a continuously developing risk landscape and better safeguard their most important asset, their people from attacks and compliance threats.
- Aug-2019: Microsoft launched SQL Data Discovery & Classification in Azure SQL databases, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure SQL Database managed instance. SQL Data Discovery & Classification delivers a set of embedded capabilities for discovering, classifying, labeling & protecting sensitive data.
- Aug-2019: Netwrix launched Netwrix Data Classification, a new addition to its product portfolio. The solution is based on the technology of Concept Searching, a Netwrix's company. Netwrix Data Classification empowers enterprises to make sure that their data benefits the organization, and is handled effectively, by automatically identifying, categorizing, and tagging it with metadata.
- Jun-2019: Oracle unveiled a new feature in Oracle Analytics. This feature offers AI-powered self-service capabilities. Oracle Analytics having features like data preparation, visualization, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) helps business analysts in getting data insights to make business decisions.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Security & Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Compliance Management
By Deployment Type
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Retail & eCommerce
- Telecom & IT
- Government & Public Sector
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Micro Focus International PLC
- Thales Group S.A.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- SolarWinds Corporation
- Proofpoint, Inc.
- Netwrix Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Sensitive Data Discovery Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global sensitive data discovery market by 2026?
The sensitive data discovery market size is projected to reach USD 12.8 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive sensitive data discovery industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is rising demand for combining data in business processes to generate actionable insights.
Who are the top market players in the sensitive data discovery industry?
Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Amazon.com, Inc., Google, Inc., Micro Focus International PLC, Thales Group S.A., Hitachi, Ltd., SolarWinds Corporation, Proofpoint, Inc. and Netwrix Corporation.
Which segment dominated the sensitive data discovery market in 2019?
The On-premise market dominated the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market by Deployment Type 2019, growing at a CAGR of 16.1 % during the forecast period.
At what CAGR is the sensitive data discovery market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of sensitive data discovery market is 17.1% from 2020 to 2026.