Global RF Filter Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Voltage (Saw Filter and Baw Filter), By Application, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the RF Filter Market
Market Report Description
The Global RF Filter Market size is expected to reach $33.1 billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 16.2% CAGR during the forecast period.
Electronic circuits known as radio frequency (RF) filters are made to selectively accept or reject a range of radio frequency signals. They are frequently employed in high-frequency electronic circuits, wireless devices, and radio communication systems. By reducing interference from undesirable signals, RF filters primarily enhance the quality and dependability of the communication system. These filters are frequently applied in electronic communication systems to enhance RF signal quality by lowering undesirable frequencies and eliminating interference.
Radio and television transmission, satellite systems, and wireless communication all frequently use RF filters. Filters now play a crucial role and are necessary to reduce interference due to the expansion of wireless standards within the current frequency ranges. They have a set operating frequency and can accept or attenuate RF signals at various frequencies.
Passband and stopband are the two primary frequency band types used by RF filters. Signals in the passband frequency band can pass through with little attenuation, whereas signals in the stopband are considerably attenuated. There are numerous RF filters, including low pass filters, band pass filters, high pass filters, band stop filters, etc. Each type has a unique manner of functioning.
Many wireless communication devices, such as mobile phones, Wi-Fi hotspots, wireless routers, and others, require RF filters. As a result, RF filters are becoming increasingly in demand as wireless communication becomes increasingly popular. As a result, manufacturers have made major investments in research and development to develop new and cutting-edge filter technologies to satisfy the expanding demand.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic caused supply chain problems for the RF filter market, especially during the initial phases of the outbreak. But as more people started working from home and relied on electronics for communication and entertainment, the need for RF filters grew. In addition, an expansion in the use of electronic devices for video conferencing, remote learning, and online entertainment caused a spike in demand for these products, increasing demand for RF filters. Furthermore, the advent of 5G networks increased the demand for RF filters because these networks needed cutting-edge filtering technology to guarantee high-speed data transfer. In this way, the COVID-19 pandemic affected the market for RF filter in both favorable and negative ways.
Market Growth Factors
Increasing use of IoT devices
The market for RF filter will probably increase as IoT devices are increasingly used in several sectors, including manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation. The demand for RF filters in these sectors will be further fueled by the addition of new IoT devices. Future companies in the RF filter market may have a lot of opportunities due to the rising popularity of IoT devices. Therefore, the market for RF filter is anticipated to expand over the coming years with the rapid development of IoT technology.
Growing use of connected devices in the numerous sectors
The key driver projected to fuel development in the use of RF filters is the rise in connected medical technologies among practitioners in the healthcare business, such as heart-rate monitors and remote monitoring equipment. Moreover, connected medical equipment is crucial for healthcare staff to focus on high-priority tasks, promote active patient participation, and offer patient-centered care delivery services. In addition, medical professionals and healthcare workers need high-speed internet connectivity to use these services. This supports market growth and demand. Also, the educational system benefits from connected devices and digital technologies to accomplish several goals.
Market Restraining Factors
High costs of development and implementation
The switching speed is slowed down by the complexity of the control algorithm design structure, which impacts the control structure's overall performance. Manufacturers in the RF filter market face a hurdle since these complicated devices call for high specialization, reliable technique, and a set of integration tools. Designing and producing RF filters is a difficult process. In addition to the knowledge of highly skilled people, the development process uses specific tools and materials. Also, manufacturing RF filters is frequently difficult and necessitates using complex equipment and procedures. Therefore, The RF filter's development costs may be a significant market growth inhibitor.
Based on application, the RF filter market is categorized into navigation and radio broadcast, TV broadcast, mobile phone communication, satellite communication, aerospace & defense, and others. The aerospace and defense segment procured a considerable growth rate in the RF filter market in 2022. As communication equipment supports troops on the front lines of battle, the aerospace and defense sector produce a significant need for RF filters. As a result, the aerospace and defense sector participants concentrate primarily on updating tactical and combat vehicles to increase ground forces' protection, mobility, and lethality.
On the basis of voltage, the RF filter market is divided into SAW filter and BAW filter. The SAW filter segment witnessed the largest revenue share in the RF filter market in 2022. Electronic filters called surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters are employed in radio frequency (RF) operations to selectively pass some frequencies while blocking others. SAW filters are increasingly in demand in automotive applications like GPS, radar, as well as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) to increase safety and improve the driving experience.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 10.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 33.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 16.2% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||175|
|Number of Table||280|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Voltage, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on region, the RF filter market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The North America segment procured the maximum revenue share in the RF filter market in 2022. Due to several important competitors and the rising need for wireless communication technologies, North America holds a sizeable portion of the RF filter market. In addition, the RF filter market is expanding in North America due to the rising demand for technologies for wireless communication, including 5G, IoT, and M2M or machine-to-machine communications. Furthermore, regional demand expansion is also driven by the increased adoption of mobile devices such as smartphones.
Free Valuable Insights: Global RF Filter Market size to reach USD 33.1 Billion by 2029
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Anatech Electronics, Inc., RS Microwave Company, Inc., Bird Technologies Group, Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Analog Devices, Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Broadcom, Inc. (CA Technologies, Inc.), API Technologies Corp., and K&L Microwave (Dover Corporation).
Recent Strategies Deployed in RF Filter Market
- Mar-2023: STMicroelectronics launched nine new devices for expanding its RF IPDs portfolio. These devices integrate harmonic filter, balun, and antenna impedance-matching circuitry that has been specially designed for STM32WL wireless MCUs. The STM32WL MCUs from ST combine wireless communication and application-level computing for smart, connected devices. This has been done by fusing an Arm Cortex-M4 MCU with a sub-GHz long-range radio controlled by a Cortex-M0+ core. The STM32CubeWL MCU software package includes the LoRaWAN and Sigfox stacks, and the radio is LPWAN compliant and supports a variety of modulation schemes.
- Dec-2022: Broadcom came into partnership with Skyworks for providing power efficiency for next-generation Wi-Fi 6/6E Devices. The partnership helped the former company's customers in delivering high-speed connectivity in the cutting-edge end market dependent on these technologies.
- Mar-2022: Murata Manufacturing completed the acquisition of Resonant, Inc., a company focused on RF Filter design. The acquisition boosted Murata's position as a leader in the telecommunications market through integrating process and filter technologies and proprietary manufacturing capabilities with Resonant’s XBAR technology for delivering advanced high-frequency filters.
- Nov-2021: Anatech Electronics signed a distribution agreement with EPI Vietnam Technologies. Following the agreement, EPI Vietnam would work as the exclusive representative and distributor of Anatech's products in all areas of Vietnam.
- Oct-2021: Broadcom extended its partnership with Resonant, a company focused on providing radio frequency filter solutions, for the development of 5G XBAR RF Filters. The expansion covers additional bands and RF filter designs utilizing Resonant's own XBAR® technology.
- Sep-2021: Broadcom introduced the BCM4778, its lowest power L1/L5 GNSS receiver chip developeed for wearable and mobile applications. The third-generation chip is 35% smaller and uses five times less power than the previous generation while still having the most recent GNSS advancements. Third-generation dual-frequency GNSS receiver with improved multipath mitigation, L5 collection capability, and LTE filtering and jamming protection is available in the BCM4778.
- Aug-2021: Analog Devices acquired Maxim Integrated Products, a company engaged in designing, manufacturing, and selling analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The acquisition boosts ADI's position as a manufacturer of high-performance analog semiconductors. Together, the companies aim to shape a more wholesome, secure, and sustainable future for all while advancing the next waves of analog semiconductor innovation.
- Oct-2020: STMicroelectronics took over SOMOS Semiconductor, a fabless company specializing in RF front-end modules and RF power amplifiers based on mainstream CMOS technology. The acquisition reinforced STMicroelectronics' position in terms of IP and know-how, during the preparation for emerging IoT and 5G markets.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Saw Filter
- Baw Filter
- Mobile Phone Communication
- Satellite Communication
- Aerospace & Defense
- TV Broadcast
- Navigation & Radio Broadcast
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Anatech Electronics, Inc.
- RS Microwave Company, Inc.
- Bird Technologies Group, Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Broadcom, Inc. (CA Technologies, Inc.)
- API Technologies Corp.
- K&L Microwave (Dover Corporation)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America RF Filter Market Report 2023-2029
Europe RF Filter Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific RF Filter Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 33.1 billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Growing use of connected devices in the numerous sectors are driving the Market in coming years, however, High costs of development and implementation rehabilitation restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Anatech Electronics, Inc., RS Microwave Company, Inc., Bird Technologies Group, Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Analog Devices, Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Broadcom, Inc. (CA Technologies, Inc.), API Technologies Corp., and K&L Microwave (Dover Corporation).
At what CAGR is the Market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of this Market is 16.2% from 2023 to 2029.
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Mobile Phone Communication segment is leading the Market by Application in 2022 thereby, achieving a market value of $10.9 billion by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Global RF Filter Market by Region in 2022, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2029; thereby, achieving a market value of $11.4 billion by 2029.