Global Retinal Imaging Devices Market By Type (Fundus Camera, Fluorescein Angiography and OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)) By End Use (Hospitals, Ophthalmic Centers, ASCs (Ambulatory Surgery Centers) and Other End Use) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Retinal Imaging Devices Market
The Global Retinal Imaging Devices Market size is expected to reach $6.3 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Retinal imaging devices help eye care professionals identify, assess, document, and treat retinal disorders. The advanced retinal imaging devices can view the retina by a single capture up to 0 to 200 degrees. In traditional devices, full-spectrum white light is used; however, advanced retinal imaging devices use low-powered laser light. Retinal imaging takes a digital photograph to the back of the eye. It shows the retina (where light and objects hit), the optic disk (a location on the retina that houses the optic nerve, transmitting data to the brain), and the blood vessels. It helps to find out optometrist or ophthalmologist illnesses and to check the health of the eyes.
Global Retinal Imaging Devices Market Size
The global market for retinal imaging products is driven primarily by an increase in the prevalence of retinal disorders worldwide, high rates of diagnosis and treatment of retinal disorders, advances in technology, and improved health care infrastructure. Nonetheless, the market is expected to be regulated by strict regulatory frameworks and intellectual property rights laws. In the coming years, mergers and acquisitions among leading players and an escalation in R&D investments are projected to drive the global market for retinal imaging devices.
Retinal Imaging Devices Market Share
Highly developed health care, strong research, and development system and a rise in retinal disorders are the prominent factors that contributed to a dominant market share of Germany, France, and the United Kingdom in the European region. In 2017, China and Japan retained large shares of the market for retinal imaging devices in the Asia Pacific. The market in India is likely to expand at a fast CAGR in the near future due to the developing health care industry and the involvement of well-established domestic players. The underdeveloped health care industry and less technological progress are expected to hinder the growth of the market for retinal imaging devices in Latin America and the Middle East and Africa during the forecast period.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Fundus Camera, Fluorescein Angiography and OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography). Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Ophthalmic Centers, ASCs (Ambulatory Surgery Centers) and Other End Use. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Retinal Imaging Devices Market to reach a market size of $6.3 billion by 2025
Retinal Imaging Devices Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch Healthcare) is the major forerunner in the Retinal Imaging Devices Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Topcon Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Olympus Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch Healthcare), Revenio Group Oyj (CenterVue SpA), Nikon Corporation (Optos PLC), Optomed PLC, Epipole Ltd., Nidek Co., Ltd., and Eyenuk, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Retinal Imaging Devices Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Sep-2019: Zeiss Vision Care US and Zeiss Medical Technology signed a five-year agreement with IDOC. In this agreement, they aimed at bringing ZEISS’ industry-leading lab services, medical equipment, and lens products to all the 3,000+ IDOC independent optometrists across the US.
- Oct-2018: Optos, a Nikon Company signed an agreement with Amydis. The agreement was focused on developing an eye test by Amydis to detect Alzheimer’s disease. The partnership has integrated Amydis’ first in class, proprietary compounds with Optos’ market leadership with its proprietary ultra-widefield technology and strong commercial presence among eyecare specialists for expanding the market opportunity.
- Oct-2018: Optos, a subsidiary of Nikon signed distribution agreement with Europe and Australia for MacuLogix and LumiThera products. Through this agreement, the company provides a comprehensive solution for identifying, visualizing, and treating the age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a leading cause of blindness in world.
- Oct-2018: Topcon announced an agreement with IDx for selling the artificial intelligence-based diagnostic systems of IDx with Topcon NW400 robotic fundus camera.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Mar-2018: Optomed acquired Commit Oy; a company specialized in healthcare software solutions. The acquisition helped the former company in offering complete and proven solutions for screening of diabetic retinopathy and other diseases.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Oct-2018: Eyenuk expanded its reach to Germany by adopting EyeArt® artificial intelligence (AI) technology for screening of diabetic retinopathy at Diabetes Center Mergentheim in Bad Mergentheim, Germany.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2019: Optos, a Nikon Company launched Silverstone, first-of-its-kind that combines ultra-widefield retinal imaging with integrated; image-guided, swept source OCT. The device produces a 200° single capture optomap image with guided OCT, enabling advanced OCT imaging anywhere across the retina, from posterior pole to far periphery.
- Aug-2019: Topcon launched Maestro2 Automated OCT/Fundus Camera with OCTA. It is a fully-automated OCT system that has the capability to capture high resolution non-mydriatic, true color fundus photography, OCTA, and OCT with the single push of a button.
- Aug-2019: Nidek introduced Mirante Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope. It is an ultimate multimodal fundus imaging platform, which integrates high definition OCT and SLO with ultra-wide field imaging. It captures fluorescein angiography (FA), high quality color images, ndocyanine green angiography (ICG), unique Retro mode images, fundus autofluorescence (FAF), OCT-Angiography, and OCT scan.
- Jun-2019: Olympus launched 2X teleconverter, the MC-20, compatible with company's 40-150 F2.8 and 300mm F4 IS Pro lenses. It doubles the focal length of master lens and is dustproof, freezeproof, and splashproof.
- May-2019: Zeiss unveiled ARTEVO 800, first digital microscope in opthalmic surgery. It features DigitalOptics technology for providing reduced light intensity requirements, depth of field, and real color impression for increased certainty.
- Feb-2019: Optomed made enhancements to its Optomed Aurora camera. The new features include faster and smarter autofocus, image quality analysis, and four image sequences, new ways of selecting patient list, and optimized target led selection.
- Sep-2018: Optos, a part of Nikon introduced Monaco, its latest ultra-widefield device for European ophthalmic market. It is the only ultra-widefield retinal imaging system with integrated Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). The device generates 200° single-capture optomap image in less than half a second.
Scope of the Retinal Imaging Devices Market Analysis
- Fundus Camera
- Fluorescein Angiography
- OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
By End Use
- Ophthalmic Centers
- ASCs (Ambulatory Surgery Centers)
- Other End Use
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Topcon Corporation
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Olympus Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch Healthcare)
- Revenio Group Oyj (CenterVue SpA)
- Nikon Corporation (Optos PLC)
- Optomed PLC
- Epipole Ltd.
- Nidek Co., Ltd.
- Eyenuk, Inc
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Retinal Imaging Devices Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of retinal imaging devices market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global retinal imaging devices market size is expected to reach $6.3 billion by 2025.
What are the key factors drive retinal imaging devices industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the retinal imaging devices industry include growing prevalence of ophthalmic disorders, and artificial intelligence in the diagnosis of retinal conditions.
Which region shows maximum potential growth in retinal imaging devices market?
Asia Pacific region market would witness a highest CAGR of 7.1% during (2019-2025).
Which segment would gain the maximum traction in retinal imaging devices market during the forecast period?
Fluorescein Angiography market sector is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 6.7% during 2019 to 2025.