Global Probiotic Yeast Market By Application (Nutrition and Supplement, Animal Feed and Food & Beverages), By Type (Powder and Capsules), By Sales Channel (Offline and Online), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Probiotic Yeast Market
Market Report Description
The Global Probiotic Yeast Market size is expected to reach $673.6 Million by 2027, rising at a market growth of 12.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Probiotics refer to the microorganism that is consumed as a dietary supplement with an aim to boost health. In addition, probiotic yeast is a standard non-pathogenic type of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. These yeasts are the top probiotics because of the natural resistance of yeast to any kind of antibacterial antibiotics. The usage of probiotic yeast for feeding animals would augment the digestibility of fiber, accelerate the performance of animals in production, surge the production of milk, meat, and eggs that are very useful in improving the health. The availability of antifungal drugs along with the growing medicinal utilization of probiotic yeast has surged the lucrative opportunities of the probiotic yeast market.
There is increasing popularity of the probiotics yeast in the food & beverages and pharmaceutical sector. It is because probiotic yeast, especially saccharomyces boulardii can help in fighting against diarrhea and minimize the period of diarrhea in infants & children. It is among the effective medicinal ingredients, which is utilized in a certain amount that can be beneficial for the human body by improving the intestinal tract. The increasing urbanized population, rising expenditure on health-related products and growing diarrhea & blood pressure-related diseases are widely fueling the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global COVID-19 pandemic has affected several domains of society. The imposition of numerous restrictions like the travel ban, nationwide lockdown, and social distancing norms has disrupted the supply chain of many products; however, essential goods were not restricted from the supply. Various healthy food & beverages have witnessed a surge in demand due to the high health awareness among consumers across the globe.
This pandemic has shown the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and better immunity. Along with that, people are also becoming more conscious about their food habits and are increasingly adopting healthy food items to boost their immunity. Consumers are also shifting towards using dietary supplements to build better immunity, which would create lucrative opportunities for the probiotic yeast market.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing health awareness among the consumers
With the growing awareness among consumers regarding the importance of a healthy lifestyle and food patterns, people are increasingly adopting several nutritional food products that would create more growth opportunities for the probiotic yeast market. In addition, the changing food habits of consumers are motivating manufacturers to innovate more products to meet this increasing demand.
Growing nutritional benefits of the probiotic yeast-based food products
There is a broad range of benefits offered by probiotic yeast to consumers as well as animals, which is boosting the demand for probiotic yeast-based food items. People often use probiotic yeast for animal feed to improve their productivity and milk production. However, there are numerous commercial applications of probiotic yeast in a wide range of industries like bakery, food & flavoring, brewing, and pharmaceutical.
Market Restraining Factor:
Lack of awareness among the population regarding probiotic yeast products
Several consumers are not even aware of the presence of any probiotic yeast-based products in the market, which would hamper the growth of the probiotic yeast market across the globe. There are many regions where the probiotic yeast-based product is not even present, which makes it difficult for the key market players to identify and launch their products in the region. However, it serves as an opportunity for the companies.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Nutrition and Supplement, Animal Feed and Food & Beverages. Probiotic supplements that are made for children are moderate and mostly the dosage is approx. one scoop or tablet per day. On the other hand, probiotics for adults are typically more effective and dosage is almost double of children per day. For infants, probiotics generally come in the form of chewable tablets, liquids, measuring spoons, or powders, which are mixed with food. As children usually try such supplements, probiotics in any form often comprise unwanted food. Various ingredients like artificial sweeteners make them more appealing to children.
Based on Sales Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. On the basis of sales channel, the offline segment acquired the highest share in the market in 2020 and is anticipated to maintain this trend with a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. It is due to the rising demand for probiotic yeast from the numerous end-use industries that include nutrition & supplement and animal feed sector, in which probiotic yeast is gaining more momentum with a considerable market share.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Powder and Capsules. By form, the powder segment acquired the largest market share in 2020 and is estimated to continue this trend with a significant growth rate during the forecast period. There are two forms of probiotic yeast, which are accessible for consumption because it is very simple to consume. Further, probiotic yeast as capsules and powder form and both forms are good option to give them to children as a supplement.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 287.5 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 673.6 Million|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.4% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||174|
|Number of Tables||335|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Type, Sales Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Region-wise, North America would emerge as a leading region in the probiotic yeast market over the forecast period. Factor such as the high product development & innovation in the nutraceuticals and pharmaceutical industries of the region is responsible for the growth of the regional market. In addition, the augmented investments in the R&D of better probiotic yeast strains, which could offer various nutritional advantages, would bolster the growth of the regional market. The rising demand for nutritional supplements that boost the immune system and help in maintaining a balanced lifestyle is estimated to fuel the growth of market growth during the forecast period.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Probiotic Yeast Market size to reach USD 673.6 Million by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Probiotic Yeast Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Chr. Hansen Holding A/S and Life-Space Group are the forerunners in the Probiotic Yeast Market. Companies such as Lallemand, Inc., Angel Yeast Co., Ltd., and Alltech are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Biocodex S.A., Life-Space Group, Bronson Laboratories, Seeking Health, LLC, NOW Foods, Inc., Jarrow Formulas, Inc., Lallemand, Inc., Angel Yeast Co., Ltd., Alltech, and Chr. Hansen Holding A/S.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Probiotic Yeast Market
- Jul-2021: Angel Yeast is opening its new purpose-built facility. This facility is dedicated to yeast and biotechnology research & development. The facility is approx 36,000sqm and could accommodate up to 1,500 people. The facility includes nine centers, aiming at industrial & brewing microbiology, yeast & enzyme, protein nutrition & food flavoring, agricultural biotechnology, baking & Chinese dim sum, environmental protection, nutrition & health, industrial innovation, and testing.
- May-2021: Angel Nutritech, a business unit of Angel Yeast unveiled a new product of probiotics drops including Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG) and Bifidobacterium animalis (Bb-12) strain powder. This product is used for the early intervention against allergies for infants below one year of age, particularly for infants who require allergy prevention and are suffering from allergic symptoms.
- May-2021: Alltech unveiled a new line of Lifeforce premium equine supplements to the market. These supplements are developed to fulfill the requirements of modern horses across their lives, from performance to recreation. This latest line of Lifeforce products provides numerous targeted supplements like Digestion, Joint, Hoof, Elite Performance, and Weight Booster.
- Mar-2021: Angel Yeast expanded its global footprint by setting up a wholly-owned subsidiary in Singapore, named Angel Yeast Pte Ltd. This subsidiary would be accountable for the businesses regarding customer development, technology service, product research and development, product sales, brand promotion, etc.
- Mar-2021: Alltech expanded its business by opening a new business division, Acutia. This division will initially deal in a line of health targeting products including immunity, brain, and digestive health, which would be launched soon.
- Feb-2021: Alltech came into partnership with DLG, a British insurance company based in the United Kingdom. Under this partnership, the companies would acquire Finnish company, Kärki-Agri with 50% share each in the Finnish joint venture. This deal focused on delivering more profitability and efficiency to livestock producers in both Finland and the nearby regions.
- Jan-2021: Lallemand came into an agreement to acquire Biotec BetaGlucans AS (BBG). This acquisition would acquire all of the BBG assets and related intellectual property that include M-Glucan, the SBG, M-Gard, and Woulgan branded product portfolios. In addition, Lallemand would expand its beta-glucans product portfolio and also its access to top technologies in yeast-based ingredients.
- Nov-2020: Angel Yeast entered into the letter of intent for cooperation with Chr. Hansen and Novozymes from Denmark. In this agreement, the companies would work together to make common progress in the development of probiotics, enzyme preparations, and associated technologies.
- Apr-2019: Biocodex USA launched FlorastorBaby, a daily probiotic supplement. This supplement is developed to strengthen healthy digestive and immune systems in the first year of a baby.
- Feb-2019: Lallemand Health Solutions came into partnership with ComboCap Inc., the creators of the new global ComboCap product category. Under this partnership, the companies would co-develop distinct side-by-side dual-chamber wet-and-dry probiotic ComboCap products.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Nutrition and Supplement
- Animal Feed
- Food & Beverages
By Sales Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Biocodex S.A.
- Life-Space Group
- Bronson Laboratories
- Seeking Health, LLC
- NOW Foods, Inc.
- Jarrow Formulas, Inc.
- Lallemand, Inc.
- Angel Yeast Co., Ltd.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global probiotic yeast market by 2027?
The probiotic yeast market size is projected to reach USD 673.6 Million by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the probiotic yeast market?
Increasing health awareness among the consumers are driving the market in coming years, however, lack of awareness among the population regarding probiotic yeast products limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Biocodex S.A., Life-Space Group, Bronson Laboratories, Seeking Health, LLC, NOW Foods, Inc., Jarrow Formulas, Inc., Lallemand, Inc., Angel Yeast Co., Ltd., Alltech, and Chr. Hansen Holding A/S.
At what CAGR is the probiotic yeast market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the probiotic yeast market is 12.4% from 2021 to 2027.
Which segment dominated the probiotic yeast market in 2020?
Based on applications, the nutrition and supplement segment dominated the probiotic yeast market with the highest market share in 2020 and is projected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.