Global Perimeter Security Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Offering (System and Services), By End Use (Military & Defense, Industrial, Commercial, Government & Defense, Transportation), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Perimeter Security Market
Market Report Description
The Global Perimeter Security Market size is expected to reach $109.3 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 9.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Systems such as firewalls & browser isolation systems are part of perimeter security. Threat identification, surveillance detection, and pattern analysis are among the best perimeter security practices. In general, perimeter security refers to the effort made by security experts to develop a perimeter-based strategy to protect networks and secure systems. But, several sectors of the security business now think that perimeter security is only partially effective on its own. There are now many types of internal security that can be used with high-quality security procedures.
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The below illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Product Launches.
Growing demand for video surveillance systems in industrial, infrastructure, housing, academic, and religious buildings is expected to fuel the growth of the perimeter security market. Implementing video surveillance systems in the office can help employees be more accountable while also enhancing security and reducing theft. Every business owner desires a safe, enjoyable, and productive working environment for the employees. One method for assisting with this is to place surveillance cameras in the office.
When used properly, surveillance cameras can reduce theft and other bad incidents while also keeping employees responsible and behaving. Moreover, unlike a human operator, contemporary AI-based video surveillance systems enable the user to search by all of the footage for a certain activity or object much faster. When artificial intelligence (AI) is applied in forensic investigations, the time it takes to extract meaningful data to investigate issues is drastically decreased.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the dependency on homeland security and law enforcement agencies has increased significantly. Critical infrastructure security, emergency services, and others are leveraging perimeter security solutions to provide necessary services to consumers. The pandemic has dramatically increased the reliance on homeland security & law enforcement organisations, vital infrastructure security, emergency services, and others are using perimeter security solutions to offer essential services to customers. It is apparent that perimeter security is important for infrastructure, airports, data centers, and other high-end applications, although many individuals now work from home. In present, many regional government are putting increased efforts on strengthening the defence and security infrastructure.
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The below illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Partnerships & Collaborations.
Market Growth Factors:
Growing automation due to R&D investment and commercial positioning
The necessity to minimize the workforce is another major reason driving the perimeter security demand. The quantity of manual checkpoints is also reduced when processes are automated. End-use industries such as oil, petrochemicals, power plants, and other harmful industries may see increased demand in the near future. Computer programming, artificial intelligence, remote control, semiconductors, and electronics are among some of the science and technology sectors that are widely used in real-time security solutions. The marketplace for inspection drones is characterized by a high level of production and operational complexity, which encourages technological collaboration among market participants.
Acceptance of advanced techniques
With the rise of perimeter threats, the requirement for multi-layered perimeter protection has increased. Rapid technical improvements, such as the usage of next-generation sensors, integrated fiber-optic Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), thermal cameras, and video analytics, are booming. The use of video surveillance cameras for perimeter protection is on the rise. Using advanced perimeter security tactics, such as video surveillance, perimeter detection systems, and access control systems is one of the greatest ways to avoid crimes like theft or damage in residential and commercial settings. Previously, CCTV cameras were utilized to monitor a variety of corporate assets. IP cameras and IP network systems are quickly substituting CCTV cameras due to technological breakthroughs in internet and camera technology.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Shortage of technical knowledge, security training, and awareness
The perimeter security market's growth is being stifled by a lack of understanding about security concerns and the resulting potential losses. With limited knowledge and awareness of perimeter security, system integrator & security engineers attempt to integrate current IT systems with sophisticated perimeter security, potentially causing damage to the current IT system running on vital infrastructure. The most significant difficulty that businesses face, is a shortage of technical competence and security skills, which is impeding their capacity to satisfy the expanding perimeter security requirements. Many businesses hire security personnel who lack the necessary skills to assess the intricacies of perimeter security systems.
Based on Offering, the market is segmented into System (Video Surveillance Systems, Alarms & Notification System, Access Control System, Barrier System, and Intrusion Detection Systems & Others) and Services (System Integration & Consulting, Risk Assessment & Analysis, Managed Services, and Maintenance & Support). The System segment witnessed the maximum revenue share in the perimeter security market in 2021. Perimeter security systems for protection are utilized in defense. It is intended to keep an eye on the boundary of the area that has to be secured, preventing any kind of unlawful access and acting as a barrier to those that shouldn't be entering the facility.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Military & Defense, Industrial, Commercial, Government & Defense, Transportation and Others. The Transportation segment garnered a significant revenue share in the perimeter security market in 2021. This expansion can be due to a wide range of product applications in railways, freight cars, and cargo vehicles, all of which are designed to protect the important assets on board. Perimeter security systems are being progressively used by government sites and offices.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 59 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 109.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.4% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||306|
|Number of Tables||493|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Market Share Analysis, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Offering, End-use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the perimeter security market with the largest revenue share in 2021. This is owing to the existence of technology hubs in the United States and continuing R&D in the industry. Moreover, the region's rising adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) is likely to boost the regional market growth.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Perimeter Security Market to reach USD 109.3 Billion by 2028
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Perimeter Security Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Schneider Electric SE and Honeywell International Inc. are the forerunners in the Perimeter Security Market. Companies such as Johnson Controls International PLC, Axis Communications AB and Teledyne FLIR LLC are some of the key innovators in Perimeter Security Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Schneider Electric SE, Johnson Controls International PLC, Honeywell International, Inc., Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Axis Communications AB (Canon, Inc.), Optex Co. Ltd. (Optex Group Co. Ltd.), Senstar Technologies Ltd., PureTech Systems, Inc., Advanced Perimeter Security Systems Limited, and Cias Elettronica Srl.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Perimeter Security Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Mar-2022: PureTech Systems joined hands with OWL, a developer of artificial intelligence devices to set alarms. This collaboration aimed to unify OWL's GroundAware GA1360 2D digital multibeam forming radar system with the PureActiv Rapid-Deploy Autonomous Perimeter Surveillance System (R-DAPSS). R-DAPSS comprises with PureTech's patented geospatial and AI-powered video analytics, PureActiv, which offers the highest probability of detection while maintaining near-zero nuisance alarms for perimeter and wide-area protection.
- Mar-2022: Schneider Electric teamed up with NTT, a Japanese multinational information technology service and consulting company. This collaboration aimed to provide Private 5G (P5G), an on-premise private network solution and digitization permitting platform that can substantially advance digital solutions in the manufacturing environment.
- Feb-2022: Axis Communication entered into an agreement with Moro Hub, a subsidiary of Digital DEWA. Under this agreement, Moro Hub would deliver to government and enterprise clients throughout various verticals, coming transport, utilities, energy, healthcare, retail, and financials, its turnkey Integrated Physical Security Platform (IPSP).
- Feb-2021: Honeywell teamed up with IDEMIA, the leader in augmented identity. This collaboration aimed to develop and cultivate an intelligent building ecosystem that would offer a more smooth and improved experience for operators and occupants alike. This collaboration would unify Honeywell’s security and building management systems with IDEMIA’s biometric-based access control systems to develop frictionless, safer, and more efficient buildings.
- Nov-2020: Optex formed a partnership with DS Security Group, a UK security services company. This partnership aimed to monitor the new OPTEX Intelligent Visual Monitoring solution and accept as well as promote OPTEX‘s suite of sensors.
- Jul-2020: Axis Communications came into a partnership with Azur Drones, the autonomous surveillance drone leader. This partnership aimed to offer complete innovating solutions that revolutionize perimeter protection. Under this partnership, the company would provide turnkey solutions to enhance security and safety on the customers’ sites.
- Jul-2020: Teledyne FLIR entered into an agreement with LenselS2, a provider of advanced physical security solutions- access control, video surveillance, and mobile credentials for organizations of all sizes. This agreement aimed to unify select FLIR thermal cameras with LenelS2’s OnGuard access control system. In addition, the non-contact solution would join the Carrier Healthy Buildings Program suite of offerings to assist in re-opening and to help in slowing the outbreak of COVID-19 and possibly other viruses in the workplace by thermal screening.
- Feb-2020: PureTech Systems signed an agreement with Echodyne, a designer and manufacturer of high-performance radars for a increasing array of applications and markets. This agreement aimed to authorize PureTech to resell Echodyne’s EchoGuard 3D Surveillance Radars as part of PureTech's automated perimeter and wide-area protection solution. PureTech’s patented geospatial wide-area protection solution, along with Echodyne’s patented radar technology to bring substantial value to the market.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Jun-2022: Schneider Electric released Cybersecurity Solutions for Buildings. This product aimed to aid building customers with secure building management systems (BMS) to better safeguard people, assets, and operations. In addition, this product would spot all facility-wide assets, deliver risk and vulnerability management capabilities, and offer continuous threat monitoring to safeguard enterprise investments.
- Mar-2022: Axis Communications released the Axis D4100-E network strobe siren. This product aimed to help spot intruders, ensure on-site safety and enhance operational efficiency with the power of light and sound.
- Mar-2022: Optex introduced the GENIO Map Cloud, the cloud version of its GENIO Map alarm monitoring software. This product aimed to handle the security workflow for alarm monitoring and management for small and medium-sized operations like gated communities, factories, and warehouses.
- Mar-2022: Teledyne FLIR introduced the Lightweight Vehicle Surveillance System. This new product is an improved inclusion to Teledyne FLIR’s field-proven LVSS platform that shows reliable, quickly deployable, cutting-edge technology to spot and avoid the increasing threat of small drones.
- Jan-2022: Honeywell introduced the Honeywell Threat Defense Platform. This product aimed to defeat intruders, and offer high-fidelity threat detection. This product is created to spot known and unknown (zero-day) attacks throughout the operational technology (OT) environments in commercial buildings.
- Sep-2021: Teledyne FLIR released the Elara R-Series Commercial Ground Security Radars and the FH-Series Multispectral Fixed Cameras. These new products are suitable commercial radar system for industrial commercial applications, rising detection coverage, auto-tracking, dynamic mapping, and position intelligence of intruders.
- Sep-2021: Senstar unveiled the Senstar sensor fusion engine, a new sensor fusion engine that synthesizes data from multiple sensors to produce actionable information. This product aimed to vigilantly characterize potential risks and data synthesis that allow the system to attain levels of performance that exceed those of the individual sensors.
- May-2021: Optex released the new REDSCAN Pro laser detection sensor. This product aimed to precisely detect intruders to an array of 50mx100m, without any gaps or the detection reliability fading with range.
- Sep-2020: Honeywell introduced the Pro-Watch Integrated Security Suite, a software platform. This product aimed to safeguard people and property, enhance productivity and ensure adherence to industry regulations. This platform would deliver comprehensive visibility of all linked systems and the scalability of the software which makes it easy to grow with the varying requirements of a business.
- Jul-2020: Johnson Controls introduced OpenBlue, a comprehensive suite of linked solutions, and services. This product would make shared spaces secure, more flexible and more sustainable.
- Jan-2020: Schneider Electric introduced the Square DTM Connected Home, a residential solution. This product aimed to help homeowners consolidate link home, appliance, and energy management into one complete digital experience.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Apr-2022: Johnson Controls took over Security Enhancement Systems (SES), a provider of mobile-based, keyless access control solutions. This acquisition aimed to offer keyless access control and data analytics to efficiently protect specialized high-value, critical infrastructure.
- Mar-2022: Johnson Controls took over Envision Intelligent Solutions, the bespoke security solutions business. This acquisition aimed to provide a suitable combination for future growth and prospects to improve many of current customer relationships, whilst further modernizing and simplifying technology-led estate strategies.
- May-2021: Honeywell took over Fiplex Communications, a Miami-based company that develops in-building communications systems, including bi-directional amplifiers. This acquisition aimed to enhance the safety of first responders and building occupants. In addition, this acquisition would expand the in-building connectivity and communications solutions that Honeywell offers to its customers. Fiplex's solutions would become a platform of innovation for Honeywell wireless technologies.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Alarms & Notification System
- Access Control System
- Barrier System
- Intrusion Detection Systems & Others
- System Integration & Consulting
- Risk Assessment & Analysis
- Managed Services
- Maintenance & Support
By End Use
- Military & Defense
- Government & Defense
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Schneider Electric SE
- Johnson Controls International PLC
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated)
- Axis Communications AB (Canon, Inc.)
- Optex Co. Ltd. (Optex Group Co. Ltd.)
- Senstar Technologies Ltd.
- PureTech Systems, Inc.
- Advanced Perimeter Security Systems Limited
- Cias Elettronica Srl
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free