Global Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Product (Salted, Ranch Flavored, BBQ Flavored, Dill Pickle Flavored, Plain and Others), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market
The Global Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market size is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 9.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Packaged sunflower seeds are eatable food items that are prepared from a non-oilseed kind of sunflower which has black & white stripes. It is a healthy snack which is consumed either as hulled or as the shell and is available in various sizes. These sunflower seeds contain numerous nutrients like fat-soluble antioxidants, vitamin E, healthy fat, and fibers. All the nutrients make the sunflower seed healthier for consumption. The sunflower seeds are nutty in texture & are widely adopted by health-conscious consumers as a healthy snack option.
There is a shifting preference of people towards adopting healthier food products and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. This change is creating demand for more options in healthy food products that further pushes the growth of the packaged sunflower seeds market during the forecast years. Health benefits like prevention from cancer, reduction in inflammation, treating diabetes, and slowing down the aging process, are offered by sunflower seeds. These seeds contain vitamin E that decreases the risk of causing atherosclerosis & osteoarthritis and magnesium which helps in protecting a person from migraine & headache, decrease hypertension, and also eliminates muscle spasm.
The rising area for sunflower crop cultivation in the last few years is propelling the growth of the market. This increasing area under the sunflower field would display the major growth in the forecast years. The growing demand for sunflower crops in the Asia-Pacific & European regions, rising demand for vegetable oil, reduced cost of sunflower seed, and the high price of sunflower crops are among the key factors that are supporting the increasing crop cultivation area for the sunflower market. The increasing usage of sunflower seeds is also among the major factor boosting the production of the crop. Hence, this aspect provides support to the growth of the packaged sunflower seeds market.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. On the basis of distribution channels, the offline market segment acquired the largest share in revenues in 2019. The local or global supermarket and hypermarket chains are among the main distribution channels for the sunflower seeds market across the world. The wide range of products & huge discounts offered by these supermarkets attract a massive population towards their retail outlets.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Salted, Ranch Flavored, BBQ Flavored, Dill Pickle Flavored, Plain and Others. The ranch-flavored market segment will register the fastest growth rate during the forecast years. The creamy & tangy taste of this flavor is gaining huge popularity in the North American region in recent years. Bacon Ranch & buffalo-style ranch flavor are among the latest varieties of the flavor that is estimated to acquire a promising growth rate in the future years.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 859.9 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 1.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.5% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||146|
|Number of Tables||272|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Distribution Channel, Product, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market to reach a market size of $1.4 Billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific region is estimated to procure the highest growth rate during the forecast years. In this region, China is the leading market of packaged sunflower seeds as it is the traditional snack of the country. The sunflower seeds are among the essential food products during the Chinese New Year. Moreover, the demand for packaged sunflower seeds market will gain a significant growth rate in the region during the forecast period due to the increasing popularity of healthy snacks.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Conagra Brands, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., The Kraft Heinz Company, Sincerely Nuts, Inc., Chinook Seedery, Aperitivos Flaper S.A., Waymouth Farms, Inc., Dakota Style Foods, Inc., Giant Snacks, Inc., and Realfoodsource Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market
- Jan-2021: South Mill Champs took over the Mushroom Company, the largest full line mushroom processor. The acquisition aims to support and further expand the capabilities of SMC and product innovation.
- Dec-2020: Giorgio released two new, bold, and delicious flavor additions of Smokehouse Bacon and Hot & Spicy Cajun Style to their popular prevailing Savory Wild Portabella Mushroom Jerky portfolio. The latest recipes added Giorgio’s recent flavor portfolio of Sweet Balsamic & Golden Fig, Roasted Garlic & Black Pepper, and Sesame, Ginger & Korean Chili.
- Dec-2020: Costa Group launched a new moniker Mush-Boom by combining three brands into one. Mush-Boom is distinct from the status quo focusing on the fact that mushrooms are quirky, fun, and full of goodness.
- Nov-2020: South Mill Champs expanded the global footprints by opening a new distribution center in Lakeland, Florida. The facility scales over 30,000 square feet and Florida is the natural extension of the company's sales network.
- Jul-2019: Monterey Mushrooms introduced a 40-ounce bag of pre-sliced white mushrooms to foodservice customers. The bigger bag enhances shelf life and quality. The bag was developed to fulfill the requirements of the pizza business and other foodservice operators, which utilizes huge quantities of sliced mushrooms as a core ingredient.
- Jun-2019: Bonduelle Group acquired the industrial assets of the LLC SHOCK frozen vegetable production company. This acquisition strengthened Bonduelle's position in Russia and the Community of Independent States (CIS).
- Feb-2019: South Mill Champs announced a new snack food venture, Shrooms Snacks. This venture aimed to offer great tasting, better-for-you snacks by utilizing mushrooms grown and handpicked from the South Mill farms in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
- Feb-2019: Shrooms, a brand of South Mill Champs launched a line of Crispy Mushrooms, Mushroom + Fruit or Meat Jerky, Mushroom Jerky, and Mushroom Snack Bars.
- Jan-2019: Giorgio entered into an agreement to acquire certain assets of the Country Fresh business. Through this acquisition, Giorgio would better serve Country Fresh Mushrooms' users and help them grow their mushroom category.
- Jul-2018: Bonduelle took over Del Monte, a North American food production and distribution company from Conagra Brands. Under this acquisition, Bonduelle got the right to utilize the Del Monte brand on various segments of processed fruits & vegetables and stocks of products.
- Jan-2018: South Mill Mushrooms collaborated with Champ's Mushrooms of British Columbia. Both the companies aimed to make a leading producer and supplier of mushrooms and other produce. The companies would continue to manage under the South Mill and Champ's brands and deliver the same high standards of product quality and customer service.
- Jul-2017: Monterey Mushrooms released a finely diced mushroom product for foodservice consumers. These products are a two-pound bag of finely diced white and brown mushrooms with an expanded shelf life. These mushrooms are ready to mix with ground meat and cooked to make nutritious, a delicious, and sustainable burger, taco, meatball, or similar menu item.
- Jun-2017: Greenyard Foods acquired Mykogen from private-equity firm Abris Capital Partners. Through this acquisition, Greenyard aimed to strengthen its position in the market. Mykogen’s quality growing media are important in yielding high quality mushrooms in the increasing production markets of Central and Eastern Europe.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
- Ranch Flavored
- BBQ Flavored
- Dill Pickle Flavored
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Conagra Brands, Inc.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Sincerely Nuts, Inc.
- Chinook Seedery
- Aperitivos Flaper S.A.
- Waymouth Farms, Inc.
- Dakota Style Foods, Inc.
- Giant Snacks, Inc.
- Realfoodsource Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Packaged Sunflower Seeds Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of the global packaged sunflower seeds market by 2026?
The global packaged sunflower seeds market size is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2026.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the packaged sunflower seeds market?
Increasing area for cultivation are driving the market in coming years, however, Maintenance of packaged sunflower seeds during the storage process have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the packaged sunflower seeds market?
Conagra Brands, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., The Kraft Heinz Company, Sincerely Nuts, Inc., Chinook Seedery, Aperitivos Flaper S.A., Waymouth Farms, Inc., Dakota Style Foods, Inc., Giant Snacks, Inc., and Realfoodsource Ltd.
Which segment shows the fastest growing market segment during the forecast period.
The online channel market segment will emerge as the fastest growing market segment during the forecast period. The factors that fuel the growth of the segment are the rising adoption of e-commerce & the increasing number of online selling portals.
At what CAGR is the packaged sunflower seeds market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the packaged sunflower seeds market is 9.5% from 2020 to 2026.