Global Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market By Indication (Trabeculactomy, Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Keratoplasty Surgery and Other Indications), By Product (On Casters, Table Top, Ceiling Mounted and Wall Mount), By End User (On Hospital & Clinics and Ambulatory Surgical Centers), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market
The Global Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market size is expected to reach $645.7 Million by 2027, rising at a market growth of 5.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Ophthalmology microscopes are made to offer high contrast and in-depth imaging of all parts of the human eye. An apochromatic lens provides high light transmission, which allows superior imaging at lower light intensities. The ophthalmology microscopes offer clear visualization, unmatched depth of field, superior ergonomics, and more effective workflow. An ophthalmic surgical microscope is developed of various kinds, they can either be fixed or flexible, and few models offer a second observer set of binoculars, few of which can independently adjust the focusing mechanism.
Aspects like surging the geriatric population and spurring efficacy of minimally invasive ophthalmic surgeries are expected to provide growth avenues for the global ophthalmic operating room microscope market. Moreover, the growth of the ophthalmic operating room microscope market is expected to be fueled by the increased cases of several eye-related diseases around the world. On the other hand, the development of the global market would be hampered by the surge in custom tax which limits the import of medical devices. This is the major threat to market growth. In addition, one of the main obstacles to the growth of the ophthalmic operating room microscope market is the high price of maintenance. However, the global ophthalmic operating room microscope market would be boosted by the extensive R&D activities in ophthalmology and evolution in ophthalmic imaging.
The global COVID-19 crisis has caused a partial or complete lockdown of manufacturing units, which do not fall in the category of essential goods, due to consistent lockdown in leading countries like the U.S., India, China, Japan, and Germany. Increasing cases of COVID-19 have further caused the delay of non-emergency surgical methods and in-hospital therapies. This, as a result, has decreased surgical training in hospitals and also hospital visits of the patients. In addition to it, it was revealed that the ophthalmic microscopes considerably cause risk of COVID-19 cases for surgeons, as COVID-19 available in tears could act as a source of cross-infection for ophthalmologists since, routine ophthalmic checkups are generally carried out in a setting with close doctor-patient contact.
Based on Indication, the market is segmented into Trabeculactomy, Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Keratoplasty Surgery and Other Indications. Based on indication, the cataract surgery segment garnered the highest revenue share in 2020. For example, as per the American of Ophthalmology survey in North America, approximately 24.4 million persons are suffering from cataracts, and this number would further increase by 38.7 million by 2030.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into On Casters, Table Top, Ceiling Mounted and Wall Mount. The on-casters microscope segment procured the maximum share in 2020 and would show a similar trend during the forecast period. This is due to the benefits provided by the on-caster microscope like efficient maneuvering and repositioning functionality that need the lowest amount of effort, which assist in decreasing the duration of the operation.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into On Hospital & Clinics and Ambulatory Surgical Centers. The ambulatory surgical centers segment would obtain the highest growth during the forecast years. This is due to a surge in surgical care prices. Additionally, a few insurers have planned to incentivize patients to undertake surgery at age-related macular degeneration (ASCs) instead of hospital outpatient departments.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 426.8 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 645.7 Million|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.4% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||218|
|Number of Tables||370|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Indication, Product, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Moreover, North American emerged as the leading region in the ophthalmic operating room microscope market in 2020. This is credited to the massive patient base who suffers from ophthalmic diseases in the U.S. In addition, well set-up healthcare infrastructure and rise in ophthalmic surgeries have fuelled the demand for ophthalmic operating room microscopes in the region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market size to reach USD 645.7 Million by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Johnson and Johnson, Carl Zeiss AG, Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd., Danaher Corporation (Leica Biosystems), Topcon Corporation, Metall Zug AG (Haag-Streit AG), Seiler Instrument, Inc., Alcon, Inc., Inami & Co., Ltd., and Karl Kaps GmbH & Co. KG.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market
- Mar-2021: Alcon, CorNeat Vision, and LiveU announced partnership. Following this partnership, CorNeat and LiveU successfully implemented an on-demand Remote Surgeon Virtual Presence (RSVP) solution. Both the companies cooperated with Alcon for using its NGENUITY 3D Visualization System to successfully perform remote supervised hands-on training of Canadian cornea experts located at the Kensington Eye Institute in Toronto, without leaving Israel.
- Dec-2020: Zeiss came into partnership with Vivo for jointly promoting and developing breakthrough innovations in mobile imaging technology. The first “vivo ZEISS co-engineered imaging system” would be featured in the vivo X60 series. Also, the companies aimed to establish the vivo ZEISS Imaging Lab, a joint R&D program for innovate mobile imaging technology for Vvo’s flagship smartphones.
- Oct-2020: Zeiss Group announced its partnership with Microsoft Corporation. The partnership was focused on accelerating Zeiss' transformation into a digital services provider that embraced a cloud-first approach. By standardizing its equipment and processes on Microsoft Azure, ZEISS delivers its customers with enhanced digital experiences, addresses changing market needs more quickly and increases its productivity.
- Jul-2020: Topcon Healthcare took over the Henson line of perimetry products, including the Henson 9000 and 7000, from Elektron Eye Technology (EET) of Cambridge, UK. The acquisition broadened company's product portfolio.
- Jul-2019: Johnson and Johnson Vision opened the Surgical Vision Experience Center at the Johnson & Johnson Institute in Jacksonville, FL. The Center serve as Johnson & Johnson Vision’s premier physical training space and laboratory setting for a variety of experiential educational programs.
- Jul-2018: Alcon launched the new Ngenuity 3D Visualization System with Datafusion. Through the addition of Datafusion, Ngenuity delivers integration with the Constellation Vision System for vitreoretinal surgery. The high-definition screen of the Ngenuity system provides retinal surgeons 3D visualization of the back of the eye with greater depth and detail during surgery than traditional microscopes.
- Apr-2017: Johnson and Johnson Vision Care completed the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics. The acquisition included ophthalmic products in the laser refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and consumer eye health areas of patient care. These product lines integrated with the ACUVUE contact lenses business, operating under the umbrella of Johnson & Johnson Vision.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Cataract Surgery
- Keratoplasty Surgery
- Other Indications
- On Casters
- Table Top
- Ceiling Mounted
- Wall Mount
By End User
- On Hospital & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd.
- Danaher Corporation (Leica Biosystems)
- Topcon Corporation
- Metall Zug AG (Haag-Streit AG)
- Seiler Instrument, Inc.
- Alcon, Inc.
- Inami & Co., Ltd.
- Karl Kaps GmbH & Co. KG
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market Related Reports:
How valuable will the ophthalmic operating room microscope market be in the future?
The ophthalmic operating room microscope market size is projected to reach USD 645.7 Million by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the ophthalmic operating room microscope market?
Growing geriatric population and increasing eye-related problems are driving the market in coming years, however, high cost of the equipment have limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Johnson and Johnson, Carl Zeiss AG, Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd., Danaher Corporation (Leica Biosystems), Topcon Corporation, Metall Zug AG (Haag-Streit AG), Seiler Instrument, Inc., Alcon, Inc., Inami & Co., Ltd., and Karl Kaps GmbH & Co. KG.
At what CAGR is the ophthalmic operating room microscope market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the ophthalmic operating room microscope market is 5.4% from 2021 to 2027.
Which segment dominated the ophthalmic operating room microscope market in 2020?
The Cataract Surgery market dominated the Global Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market by Indication in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.8 % during the forecast period.
Which region dominated the ophthalmic operating room microscope market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Ophthalmic Operating Room Microscope Market by Region in 2020.