Global Oat Milk Market By Source (Conventional and Organic), By Packaging (Carton, Bottle and Other Packaging), By Product (Flavored and Plain), By Application (Food and Beverages), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Oat Milk Market
The Global Oat Milk Market size is expected to reach $6.8 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 13.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Oat milk is a plant derivative extracted by plant materials with water from whole oat grains. It has an oatmeal-like flavor and creamy texture. and available in the market as a plain and flavored drink. Oat milk is made from liquefying oats and extensively used as a substitute for cow milk in tea, smoothies, coffee, and health drinks. Cultivation of oat is easy that is why the product made from it is economical and usually available all through the year. Moreover, oat is used in preparing different confectionery and bakery products like sweets, chocolates, and muffins, hence fueling the demand of oat milk market.
The market is boosted by factors such as increasing cases of lactose intolerance and ever-changing consumer perceptions about nutrition. Changing consumers’ attention towards nutrition rich substitutes and low-calorie diets is motivating the industry players to manufacture novel solutions. Also, increasing awareness about dietary benefits of oat milk as it is rich in calcium and Vitamin B12 resulted in increasing demand.
The demand for oat milk amplified during the pandemic owing to the consumers’ inclination toward boosting their immune systems. The manufacturing activities have been hindered as many factories shut-down due to lockdown. In spite of the surge in demand, there was a massive supply-demand gap because of the lockdown measures imposed by governments of numerous countries. Therefore, the supply chain was interrupted. Online platforms were expelled from supplying goods and hypermarkets were closed throughout the lockdown period.
Based on Packaging, the market is segmented into Carton, Bottle and Other Packaging. The carton packaging form dominates the market, as it is sustainable in nature and lightweight. The growing demand for better quality tetra pack and longer shelf-life solutions are boosting the growth during the forecast period.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Flavored and Plain. The flavoured product segment is anticipated to show the fastest growth in the coming years. Factors, like increasing health concerns along with the rising popularity of the plant-based dietary products and increasing demand of consumer for cholesterol-free products, are likely to boost demand for flavoured oat milk in the coming years.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Food and Beverages. The beverages application segment dominated the market in 2019, and shows promising growth in the coming years. Oat milk is easy to digest and is very rich in proteins and calcium, owing to which it is extensively used to make shakes and smoothies.
Based on Source, the market is segmented into Conventional and Organic. The organic segment was the fastest-growing segment in the year 2019 and is anticipated to maintain this trend during the forecast years. The factors that are boosting the growth of this segment are the growing adoption of vegan diets, compatibility with confectionery and bakery items, immune system strengthening, and decreasing the risk of osteoporosis.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 3.5 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 6.8 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 13.4% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||194|
|Number of Tables||410|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Source, Packaging, Product, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Oat Milk Market to reach a market size of $6.8 Billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Users are gradually shifting towards food items that are rich in protein and have low fat concentrations, which are increasing the demand for oat milk. The presence of a large number of market players in the North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, significantly provide growth opportunities in these regions.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., Danone S.A., Campbell Soup Company (Pacific Food), Elmhurst 1925 (Elmhurst Milked, LLC), Califia Farms LP, Happy Planet Foods, Inc., Rise Brewing Co., Thrive Market, Inc. and Oatly AB (Cereal Base Ceba AB).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Oat Milk Market
- Nov-2020: Califia Farms introduced a new long-life oat drink exclusively in the UK market. The company intended to motivate consumers to switch from dairy milk and decrease their environmental footprint.
- May-2020: Califia Farms unveiled a new line of oat milk, thereby expanded its portfolio of oat-based drinks and creamers. Protein Oat is available in Original flavors and Vanilla. The low-sugar, gluten-free line provides a mix of nine essential amino acids and vitamins D and E. Oat milk is also known as a rich source of calcium.
- May-2020: Pacific Foods launched its Genuine Reduced Sugar Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage. This latest variant has the same consistency as Pacific’s Organic Original and Vanilla Oat flavors with 80 percent less sugar.
- Jan-2020: Elmhurst released three new flavors, thereby expanded its portfolio of single-serve oat milk. Available in 11 oz bottles, the chocolate flavor is explained as the “non-dairy, child-friendly option to chocolate dairy milk that the whole family will love”. However, the vanilla flavor is suggested for breakfast and the blueberry in a smoothie.
- Jan-2020: Danone North America launched a new DHA Omega-3 drink, thereby expanded Silk plant-based beverage portfolio in the US. Available in unsweetened and vanilla flavors, Silk DHA Omega-3 features a combination of pea protein, oat milk, and almond milk.
- Apr-2019: Happy Planet brand announced the launch of a new Barista Edition Oatmilk and Chocolate Oatmilk, thereby expanded its oat milk portfolio.
- Jan-2019: Califia Farm launched a new line of Oatmilk. The new portfolio incorporates an Oat Barista Blend and an Unsweetened Oatmilk.
- Jan-2019: Silk, a Danone Company launched Oat Yeah oat milk. Oat Yeah is free of cholesterol, dairy, soy, and artificial colors & flavors. Supported by the creaminess of dairy milk, Oat Yeah provides an ultra-creamy texture and a balanced taste for versatility.
- Sep-2018: Rise Brewing Co. launched its organic oat milk latte line. Rise's line of Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Lattes contains two new flavors- Mocha and Oat Milk. By utilizing the new lactose alternative milk to hit the market, consumers can anticipate enjoying the same signature coffee with an added creamy and rich flavor.
- May-2017: PepsiCo India introduced its grain dairy beverage Quaker Oats+Milk. Quaker Oats+Milk is available in two flavors - Almond and Mango.
- Apr-2017: Danone S.A. announced the acquisition of The WhiteWave Foods Co. The blend of Danone and WhiteWave in North America became a strategic business unit named DanoneWave. Danone and WhiteWave is an ideal match to create a global leader in using consumer patterns and desires for healthier eating and drinking choices.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Other Packaging
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Danone S.A.
- Campbell Soup Company (Pacific Food)
- Elmhurst 1925 (Elmhurst Milked, LLC)
- Califia Farms LP
- Happy Planet Foods, Inc.
- Rise Brewing Co.
- Thrive Market, Inc.
- Oatly AB (Cereal Base Ceba AB)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Oat Milk Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global oat milk market by 2026?
The oat milk market size is projected to reach USD 6.8 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive oat milk industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is the swift rise in the vegan diet.
Which segment dominated the oat milk market in 2019?
The Beverages market dominated the global oat milk market by Application 2019.
Who are the top market players in the oat milk industry?
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., Danone S.A., Campbell Soup Company (Pacific Food), Elmhurst 1925 (Elmhurst Milked, LLC), Califia Farms LP, Happy Planet Foods, Inc., Rise Brewing Co., Thrive Market, Inc. and Oatly AB (Cereal Base Ceba AB).
At what CAGR is the oat milk market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of oat milk market is 13.4% from 2020 to 2026.