Global Neutropenia Treatment Market By Distribution channel (Retail pharmacies, Hospital pharmacies and Online pharmacies), By Treatment (Colony-stimulating factor, Antibiotics, Antifungals and Antivirals), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Neutropenia Treatment Market
Market Report Description
The Global Neutropenia Treatment Market size is expected to reach $18.9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Neutropenia is an abnormal condition characterized by a critically low level of circulating neutrophils, a type of WBC found in the blood. These cells make up the majority of circulating lymphocytes and help protect the body from infections caused by bacteria, viruses, and other pathogenic organisms. A decrease in the amount of neutrophil in the blood allows a patient to be vulnerable to infection and can also prove fatal. The condition, therefore, requires immediate prophylaxis.
Global Neutropenia Treatment Market Size
Novel treatments combined with growing cases of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia are one of the primary drivers of market growth. In addition, the novel drug delivery strategy also increases patient convenience, leading to greater adherence to the patient and thereby stimulates the growth of the market. Moreover, since cancer is a known cause of developing neutropenia, increasing cases of chemotherapy for cancer treatment will be a growth driver for the neutropenia treatment market.
Neutropenia Treatment Market Share
One of the new developments to gain momentum in the global neutropenia treatment market is the introduction of small molecules. The development of Plinabulin, a small molecule developed by BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals with immune-boosting effects, is expected to revolutionize the therapeutic regimen for neutropenia. In addition to the immune-boosting effects, the Phase II studies have revealed much more beneficial anti-cancer effects of this molecule. Currently, there is a high demand for cost-effective drugs for treatment in the neutropenia treatment market. As a result, vendors are focused on the production of small molecules with lower processing costs than biologics.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Neutropenia Treatment Market to reach a market size of $18.9 billion by 2026
Based on Distribution channel, the market is segmented into Retail pharmacies, Hospital pharmacies and Online pharmacies. Based on Treatment, the market is segmented into Colony-stimulating factor, Antibiotics, Antifungals and Antivirals. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Amgen, Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., BeyondSpring, Inc., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. (Kirin Company), Mylan N.V., Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc., and Partner Therapeutics, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Neutropenia Treatment Market
- Jun-2020: Pfizer got FDA approval for NYVEPRIA (pegfilgrastim-apgf), a biosimilar to Neulasta (pegfilgrastim). NYVEPRIA is used for decreasing the incidence of infection, as manifested by febrile neutropenia in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive anti-cancer drugs associated with a clinically significant incidence of febrile neutropenia.
- Apr-2020: Mylan collaborated with Biocon, a biopharmaceutical company. Together, the companies launched Fulphila, a biosimilar to Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) in Australia and Canada for cancer patients. Fulphila is used for the treatment of cancer patients following chemotherapy, to decrease the duration of severe neutropenia and reduce the incidence of infections, as manifested by febrile neutropenia. The companies got FDA approval for Fulphila in June, 2018.
- Nov-2019: Sandoz, a Novartis division got FDA approval for Ziextenzo (pegfilgrastim-bmez). Ziextenzo has been used to decrease the incidence of febrile neutropenia, one of the most serious side effects of chemotherapy.
- Nov-2019: Teva Pharmaceuticals teamed up with Celltrion, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company. Together, the companies announced the launch of TRUXIMA (rituximab-abbs) injection. TRUXIMA is currently indicated for the treatment of adult patients with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL).
- Jul-2019: Pfizer acquired Array BioPharma Inc., a pharmaceutical company. The acquisition strengthened Pfizer's innovative biopharmaceutical business and category leadership in Oncology expected acceleration of Pfizer’s long-term growth trajectory through new medicines.
- Nov-2018: Partner Therapeutics announced that FDA has granted orphan drug designation to Leukine (sargramostim), a yeast-derived recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (rhu-GM-CSF). This drug is used for the treatment of pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP). Leukine works by stimulating the production of white blood cells including neutrophils, monocytes/macrophages and myeloid-derived dendritic cell and promoting their ability to function.
- Jul-2018: Cellerant Therapeutics announced that FDA granted Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy (RMAT) designation for romyelocel-L (human myeloid progenitor cells) for the prevention of serious bacterial and fungal infections in patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) undergoing induction chemotherapy.
- Jul-2018: Pfizer announced that it received FDA approval for NIVESTYM (filgrastim-aafi), a biosimilar to Neupogen (filgrastim). This drug expanded the access to critical treatment options for patients with neutropenia.
- Feb-2018: Partner Therapeutics signed an agreement with Sanofi. Following the agreement, the former company acquired the global rights for developing, manufacturing, and commercializing Leukine (sargramostim). Leukine is an immuno-stimulant that promotes the growth and activation of a broad range of white blood cells important in activating the body's immune response to fight infection.
Scope of the Neutropenia Treatment Market Analysis
By Distribution Channel
- Retail pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacies and
- Online pharmacies
- Colony-stimulating factor
- Antifungals and
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Amgen, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- BeyondSpring, Inc.
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. (Kirin Company)
- Mylan N.V.
- Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc.
- Partner Therapeutics, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Neutropenia Treatment Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global neutropenia treatment market in 2026?
The neutropenia treatment market is projected to reach USD 18.9 billion by 2026.
What factors are anticipated to drive neutropenia treatment market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the neutropenia treatment industry include infections associated with chemotherapy-induced neutropenia, Strong drug pipeline, and A rise in the incidence of cancer cases.
Which segment dominated the neutropenia treatment market in 2019?
The colony-stimulating factor market dominated the global neutropenia treatment market by treatment in 2019.
Which region shows dominate the neutropenia treatment market over the forecast period?
The neutropenia treatment market has witnessed a significant rise in North America and is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
Who are the leading players in neutropenia treatment market?
mgen, Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., BeyondSpring, Inc., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. (Kirin Company), Mylan N.V., Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc., and Partner Therapeutics, Inc.