Global Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market By Solutions (Hardware and Software), By Deployment Type (On-premises and Cloud & Hybrid), By Design (1Bay to 8 Bays, 8 Bays to 12 Bays, 12 Bays to 20 Bays and Others), By Storage Solution (Scale-up NAS and Scale-out NAS), By Industry Vertical (BFSI, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Retail & eCommerce, Government & Defense, IT & Telecommunication, Manufacturing and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market
Market Report Description
The Global Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market size is expected to reach $58.3 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 16.7% CAGR during the forecast period. A device that is used for retrieval and storage of data from a centralized disk capacity is known as Network Attached Storage (NAS). This device is easy to connect to the LAN and can be utilized by heterogeneous users during the time of storing & accessing their data securely and reliably. In order to control these devices, a browser-based utility is used and thus doesn’t contain a display or keyboard in its architecture. NAS devices are quite adaptable in nature and can be scaled up when extra storage is needed. They are quicker, user-friendly, having superior capacity at a quite low cost. This technology has been adopted by small and medium enterprises, particularly in developing countries.
The rising installation of NAS systems in enterprise environments is encouraging vendors toward developing customized NAS solutions for the companies focusing on NAS as a fully-fledged data management solution. The incorporation of on-premise NAS with cloud storage is anticipated to become popular in the coming years, promoting complete control over the data in the NAS and in storing and archiving data in the cloud. Many vendors are engaged in incorporating the existing NAS system with renowned cloud storage services such as Amazon S3 particularly, for storage provisioning.
The growing number of government initiatives towards digitalization and rising R&D activities for enhancements of NAS devices that consume lower bandwidth, are anticipated to offer growth opportunities for the global network attached storage market. The installation of NAS devices is rising due to increasing demand from small and large businesses for an efficient and effective solution for managing, storing, and accessing contents across the networks.
By Deployment Type
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into On-premises and Cloud & Hybrid. The organizations that are installing on-premises solutions have significant investments in ICT infrastructure. On the other hand, the organizations are moving towards cloud-based solutions from on-premise to manage the operations of the business in a cost-effective manner. Hence, the on-premise segment is anticipated to showcase a diminishing demand in the next few years.
Based on Design, the market is segmented into 1Bay to 8 Bays, 8 Bays to 12 Bays, 12 Bays to 20 Bays and Others. In 2019, NAS systems with 1 bay to 8 bays accounted for the highest revenue share, and the same trend will be witnessed in the next couple of years. This is credited to the increasing adoption of 1-bay to 8-bay NAS solutions by small and medium businesses, education, homes, and research centers, media and entertainment companies, and business and consulting service providers.
Based on Solutions, the market is segmented into Hardware and Software. The Hardware market dominated the Global Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market by Solutions 2019. Additionally, The Software market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.9% during (2020 - 2026).
By Storage Solution
Based on Storage Solution, the market is segmented into Scale-up NAS and Scale-out NAS. The scale-out segment is expected to maintain a considerable development over the upcoming years. It enables improved performance, non-disruptive operations, and offers enhanced efficiency and agility. These factors will boost the installation of these solutions across the industries.
By Industry Vertical
Based on Industry Vertical, the market is segmented into BFSI, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Retail & eCommerce, Government & Defense, IT & Telecommunication, Manufacturing and Others. The retail & e-commerce sector is anticipated to grow at the significant CAGR during the forecast period. E-commerce has facilitated customers to carry out mobile banking activities which have produced a large customer database. Besides, due to technological developments, retailers are flourishing on information investing in and predictive analytics to obtain relevant insights.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 24.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 58.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 16.7% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||355|
|Number of Tables||563|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Analysis|
|Segments covered||Solutions, Deployment Type, Design, Storage Solution, Industry Vertical, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market to reach a market size of $58.3 billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to procure a significant market share. The developed economies like the U.S. are anticipated to push market development in North America. The Larin America, Middle East & Africa region is anticipated to showcase gradual development during the forecast period.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Microsoft Corporation is the major forerunner in the Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market. Companies such as Hitachi, Ltd., Western Digital Corporation, NetApp, Inc., and Dell Technologies, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Netgear, Inc., are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Dell Technologies, Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., NetApp, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, IBM Corporation, Netgear, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), Cisco Systems, Inc., Microsoft Corporation and Western Digital Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2020: Hitachi Vantara, a subsidiary of Hitachi entered into an agreement with Atos Information Technology, a French multinational information technology service and consulting company. In this agreement, Hitachi Vantara aims to help Atos to break down data silos and modernize its enterprise infrastructure. The solution includes the powerful Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) 5000 Series, Hitachi Ops Center, and Lumada Data Services, among others, for providing much-needed speed, flexibility, and simplicity to Atos' data infrastructure.
- Jul-2020: Hitachi Vantara partnered with WekaIO (Weka), the innovation leader in high-performance, scalable file storage for data-intensive applications. In this partnership, Hitachi launched a new distributed file system and management solution. This solution helps the customers gain faster access to and insights from unstructured data such as emails, documents, health records, audio, video, and images. Along with that, Hitachi expanded its Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), its cloud object storage software solution for connecting data producers, users, applications, and devices.
- Jul-2020: Microsoft entered into a collaboration with Nasuni, a leading provider of cloud file services. Following this collaboration, the Nasuni file services platform is available for purchase in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. This collaboration helped Nasuni customers to take advantage of the productive and trusted Azure cloud platform, with streamlined deployment and management.
- May-2020: Dell Technologies collaborated with Google Cloud. Following the collaboration, the companies announced the launch of a new hybrid cloud storage system, with the potential of moving as much as 50 petabytes of high-performance workloads. The hybrid cloud infrastructure enables the movement of demanding workloads in a single filesystem between on-premises Dell filesystems and Google Cloud.
- May-2020: Microsoft announced a collaboration with QNAP Systems, a leading computing, networking, and storage solution innovator. This collaboration integrated Office for the web into QTS, the QNAP NAS operating system. This feature facilitated direct editing of Microsoft Office documents in the web browser, remove the complex and time-consuming conventional workflow of download, edit, and re-upload.
- Jan-2020: Hewlett entered into a partnership with Cumulus Networks, a computer software company. In this partnership, HPE's StoreFabric M-Series Ethernet switches help Cumulus's Linux operating system and NetQ to run properly.
- Nov-2019: NetApp extended its partnership with Veritas Technologies, a worldwide leader in enterprise data protection and software-defined infrastructure. The expansion aimed to help the largest enterprises protect their data more quickly and at scale on NetApp network-attached storage (NAS) devices.
- Sep-2019: NetApp partnered with Rubrik, a cloud data management company. This partnership provided NetApp customers with the protection of their network-attached storage (NAS) environments, using Rubrik to replicate their NAS data to other NetApp end targets including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. It focuses on providing customers with policy-driven automation, hybrid cloud flexibility, and data accessibility.
- Mar-2019: Cisco collaborated with Cohesity, the leader of hyperconverged secondary storage. The collaboration was signed for joint sales, marketing, service and supporting investments, and alignment of product roadmaps.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Mar-2020: NetApp took over Talon Storage, a leader in next-generation software-defined storage solutions. This acquisition integrated NetApp Cloud Volumes technology and Talon FAST software that enabled businesses to centralize data in the cloud while maintaining a consistent branch office experience.
- Sep-2019: Western Digital acquired Kazan Networks, a developer of NVMe-over-Fabric, or NVMe-oF, ASICs, and adapters. This acquisition helped Western Digital in using Kazan Networks' technology to boost the company's storage infrastructure capabilities and performance.
- Aug-2018: Dell Technologies took over the DataFrameworks, a technology partner. This acquisition helped Dell to bring IT and business together to unlock data capital.
- Feb-2018: Microsoft took over Avere Systems, a developer of the technology. This acquisition provided fast access to file-based data on hybrid cloud infrastructures. With this acquisition, customers benefitted from industry-leading innovations that allow the largest, most complex high-performance workloads to run in Microsoft Azure.
» Product Launches and Product Expansion:
- Dec-2020: Hitachi Vantara, the digital infrastructure, and solutions subsidiary of Hitachi introduced its E Series line of high-performance NVMe all-flash arrays. It also introduced the Hitachi Virtual Storage as a Service focused on midsized enterprises. Along with that, the company also announced new initiatives designed to allow channel partners to support midsized enterprise customers boost into a new era of digital business platforms and ecosystems.
- Nov-2020: NetApp launched Spot Storage, a solution that enables automated administration of cloud-native, container-based applications. Spot Storage is a cloud-based, serverless capability for application-driven architectures that run microservices-based applications in Kubernetes containers.
- Sep-2020: Western expanded its portfolio of WD Purple storage solutions by introducing the industry’s highest capacity 18TB surveillance HDD for DVRs, NVRs, and analytics appliances, and the 1TB WD Purple SC QD101 microSD card for AI-enabled cameras. WD Purple drives optimized to help in reducing frame loss and pixelation, enhancing overall video playback, and improving streaming for 24x7 workloads from ingest to backup and long-term storage owing to the broad use of deep learning and analytics in the industry.
- Jun-2020: Hewlett announced the upgradation of HPE Primera and HPE Nimble Storage that includes an AI-driven, self-healing, and self-optimized system that delivers real-time autonomous operations. This update helps customers with an AI-driven, built for the cloud, as a service portfolio that results in unmatched application availability and performance, agility, and automation.
- Jun-2020: Western Digital launched new solutions that offer the foundation for next-generation data infrastructures around Ultrastar NVMe SSDs and powered by NVMe-oF. The new dual-port performance Ultrastar DC SN840 NVMe SSDs and in-house RapidFlex NVMe-oF controllers are the solutions that integrated for developing the new OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF Storage Platform. These new solutions further expanded Western Digital’s data center portfolio for helping users transition to higher efficiency NVMe SSDs and more advanced shared storage architectures.
- May-2020: Dell introduced the PowerStore, the much-anticipated storage array line. PowerStore set a benchmark for the rest of the storage array industry to compare, contrast, and compete with. It consists of new hardware and software designed from the ground up, new consumption business models, management, and support arrangements.
- Jan-2020: Hitachi launched its entry-level storage system, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G130, for the Indian market. Through VSP G130, the company extended hybrid-flash VSP G series systems that support smaller data center modernization initiatives that offer agile data infrastructure with minimal costs for SMBs, remote or branch offices that require local backup capabilities, direct-attached storage (DAS) environments, and simplified virtual server deployments.
- Oct-2019: Western Digital unveiled an array of purpose-built storage solutions for small businesses and home offices leveraging NAS environments. The solutions comprised of the first-ever WD Red SSDs that enhanced performance and caching abilities in a hybrid NAS environment, as well as a 14TB capacity for the WD Red and WD Red Pro HDDs.
- Jun-2019: Hewlett unveiled HPE Primera, a new platform that redefines mission-critical storage. HPE Primera removed the compromises and redefined the possibility in mission-critical storage, by combining innovation from across HPE’s storage portfolio, to offer superior simplicity, availability, and performance.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Deployment Type
- Cloud & Hybrid
- 1Bay to 8 Bays
- 8 Bays to 12 Bays
- 12 Bays to 20 Bays
By Storage Solution
- Scale-up NAS
- Scale-out NAS
By Industry Vertical
- Energy & Utilities
- Retail & eCommerce
- Government & Defense
- IT & Telecommunication
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Dell Technologies, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- NetApp, Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- IBM Corporation
- Netgear, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.)
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Western Digital Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Network Attached Storage (NAS) Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global network attached storage market by 2026?
The network attached storage market size is projected to reach USD 58.3 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive network attached storage market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the network attached storage industry include increasing demand for a system to speed up the system performance.
Who are the top market players in the network attached storage industry?
Dell Technologies, Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., NetApp, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, IBM Corporation, Netgear, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), Cisco Systems, Inc., Microsoft Corporation and Western Digital Corporation.
Which segment shows fastest growth rate of the network attached storage market over the forecast period?
The hybrid segment is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate in the network attached storage market during the forecast years.
At what CAGR is the network attached storage market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of network attached storage market is 16.7% from 2020 to 2026.