LAMEA Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD) Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Test Type (Aneuploidy, Chromosomal Abnormalities, X-linked diseases), By Country and Growth Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the LAMEA Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD) Market
Market Report Description
The Latin America, Middle East and Africa Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD) Market would witness Market growth of 15.9% CAGR during the forecast period (2022-2028).
PGD's great accuracy in detecting genetic abnormalities boosted its commercial popularity. Additionally, the industry is being propelled forward by an increase in expenditure for the diagnosis of genetic disorders and chromosomal anomalies around the world. Furthermore, the growing awareness of the benefits of PGD across developing countries represents a significant preimplantation genetics diagnosis Market opportunity.
The growing awareness of preimplantation genetic testing among persons with genetic disorders is propelling the global Preimplantation Genetic Testing Market . The Preimplantation Genetic Testing Market is expected to develop significantly due to the increasing availability of medical knowledge and the predominance of technologically improved genetic devices. Furthermore, the rising demand for preimplantation diagnostic and screening techniques is linked to the rising incidence of single gene, mitochondrial, and other gene-related illnesses. PGD is recommended in IVF cycles for women who have had numerous miscarriages or whose most recent pregnancy had a chromosomal issue.
Although preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) (now known as PGT-M) has been around since 1990, it is still a very new and limited service in South Africa (SA), a low-to-middle-income nation (LMIC). In 2006, our South African academic and diagnostic Human Genetics Unit managed the first known PGD case. Over time, the PGD procedure has changed, with substantial modifications in the timing of embryo biopsy and the tools used.
Private medical insurance covers approximately 17.4% of the population in South Africa, but it typically does not cover the cost of PGD, forcing couples to pay for the operation themselves. The remaining 82.6 percent of the population is reliant on the government-run healthcare system, which currently does not provide PGD. The high cost of PGD, combined with a lack of medical insurance coverage, is a limiting factor in the area, making it only available to a select group of people with higher socioeconomic levels.
The Brazil Market dominated the LAMEA Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD) Market by Country in 2021, and would continue to be a dominant Market till 2028; thereby, achieving a Market value of $3.5 million by 2028. The Argentina Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.5% during (2022 - 2028). Additionally, The UAE Market would witness a CAGR of 15.6% during (2022 - 2028).
Based on Test Type, the Market is segmented into Aneuploidy, Chromosomal Abnormalities, X-linked diseases, Single Gene Disorders, HLA Typing, Gender selection, and Others. Based on countries, the Market is segmented into Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria, and Rest of LAMEA.
The Market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the Market . Key companies profiled in the report include Illumina, Inc., Invitae Corporation, Natera, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Reproductive Genetic Innovations, PacGenomics, CeGaT GmbH, and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Test Type
- Chromosomal Abnormalities
- X-linked diseases
- Single Gene Disorders
- HLA Typing
- Gender selection
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Invitae Corporation
- Natera, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Reproductive Genetic Innovations
- CeGaT GmbH
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free