Global Kidney Function Tests Market By Product (Clearance Test, Blood Tests, Urine Tests, Dilution & Concentration Tests, and Others), By End Use (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Research Laboratories and Institutes and others), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Kidney Function Tests Market
Market Report Description
The Global Kidney Function Tests Market size is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 7.6% CAGR during the forecast period. There are various categories of kidney function tests or renal tests such as concentration and dilution tests, clearance tests (gives an evaluation of the filtration rate of the glomeruli, the principal filtering structures of the kidneys, complete renal blood flow), and visual & physical assessment of the urine. In addition to it, there are some other tests also that include identification of the concentration of various substances in the urine, mainly sodium, glucose, phosphate, potassium, and amino acids to assist in identifying possible non-function of the particular kidney functions commonly involved with their reabsorption.
The growth of the market would be boosted by many factors including high investments by the leading market players, a growing number of R&D activities, high occurrences of kidney diseases, and an increasing number of supportive government initiatives. Kidney function tests refer to simple laboratory tests which are utilized for evaluating and identifying functions of the kidney. The demand for kidney tests has been fueled by the growing cases of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) owing to the increasing occurrences of diabetes and hypertension.
As per the study conducted by the National Kidney Foundation, people who needed hospitalization due to the COVID-19 are at a considerable risk of getting AKI. The study revealed that COVID-19 patients were twice vulnerable to develop AKI in comparison to non-COVID-19 patients. Health regulatory bodies suggested that COVID-19 patients who had an AKI should get regular testing as their chances of developing CKD are more as compared to others. These aspects are likely to open growth avenues for the global kidney function tests market during the forecast period.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Clearance Test, Blood Tests, Urine Tests, Dilution & Concentration Tests, and Others. The clearance tests segment obtained a substantial revenue share of the global kidney function tests market in 2020 and would emerge as the dominating segment during the forecast period. Clearance tests are considered as the gold standard for observation and assessment of glomerular filtration rate.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Research Laboratories and Institutes and others. The diagnostic laboratories segment would garner a higher market share during the forecast years as these labs are affordable, can perform many tests, and offer precise results. The research laboratories and institutes segment would record the highest growth rate throughout the forecast period due to the growing number of R&D activities in regions like North America and Europe.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 820.8 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 1.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.6% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||171|
|Number of Tables||288|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, End Use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. On the basis of region, North America appeared as the dominating region in the global kidney function tests in 2020 by obtaining the maximum revenue share of the market. The region would maintain a similar trend even during the forecast period. This is credited to the developed healthcare framework, growing awareness about CKD, and the supportive reimbursement policies and government initiatives.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Kidney Function Tests Market size to reach USD 1.4 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens AG, Randox Laboratories Limited, Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated, Laboratory Corporation of America holdings, Sysmex Corporation, ACON Laboratories, Inc., and Nova Biomedical Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Kidney Function Tests Market
- Mar-2021: Roche signed a merger agreement with GenMark Diagnostics. Under this agreement, GenMark’s syndromic panel testing portfolio would support Roche’s existing molecular diagnostics portfolio and the Roche global network would help in expanding the reach for GenMark’s products.
- Nov-2020: Quest Diagnostics came into partnership with two hospital health systems. This partnership aims to improve the quality and value of diagnostic services to patients and their doctors. Under this partnership, Quest would offer laboratory management services for Montefiore Nyack Hospital & its renal physician practice Highland Medical Rockland Renal Associates in Rockland County New York and also include the daily management of the hospital laboratories, esoteric reference testing and laboratory supply chain management.
- Apr-2020: Nova Biomedical announced the addition of PT/INR testing to its Allegro capillary blood analyzer for point-of-care testing in primary care settings. This update enables the company to supervise patient coagulation therapy along with the testing for glycemic control, anaemia, kidney function, gout, and cardiac risk with a full lipids panel.
- Oct-2019: LabCorp teamed up with HealthEC and the New Jersey Primary Care Association (NJPCA). Together, these entities would develop a database and information exchange platform that support participating NJPCA health centres. This project would assist NJPCA members to gain value-based care goals by offering combined lab and clinical data in a better accessible, comprehensive and secure manner, with the aim of enhancing the results for patients with chronic conditions like diabetes and chronic kidney disease.
- Jul-2019: LabCorp expanded its Pixel by LabCorp platform. This latest offering enables users to buy testing online, visit a convenient LabCorp patient service centre (PSC) for sample collection by a LabCorp phlebotomist, and get confidential results via a safe online portal.
- Oct-2018: Siemens Healthineers collaborated with Israeli start-up, Healthy.io. Together, the companies enable patients to test their urine at home by utilizing a smartphone camera, which can scan a dipstick and then sends the results to their doctor. The collaboration expanded the companies' capabilities to enhance the patient experience by conducting testing in their home.
- Feb-2018: Randox Laboratories partnered with Qnostics, a leading provider of Quality Control solutions for molecular infectious disease testing. This partnership aimed to offer Randox Laboratories access to the Qnostics molecular line of products for sales & distribution purposes that supports the prevailing Randox Laboratories portfolio.
- Dec-2017: Quest Diagnostics acquired Shiel Medical Laboratory business from Fresenius Medical Care, the premier healthcare company. Through this acquisition, Quest's clinical laboratory in Teterboro, NJ would provide services that were earlier offered by Shiel in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area.
- Jun-2017: Nova Biomedical received the CE market for its Allegro analyzer, a capillary blood analyzer for point-of-care testing in primary care settings. The Allegro and it's StatStrip A companion meter offers 14 tests to supervise glycemic control, evaluate cardiac risk with a full lipids panel, and evaluate kidney function.
- May-2017: Sysmex Corporation introduced the semi-automated urine chemistry analyzer UC-1000. It is a product specifically in the field of urine qualitative analysis with its specific reagents, the MEDITAPE UC-10S and MEDITAPE UC-12S urine chemistry test papers, in the global markets. This product is built on a business partnership with EIKEN CHEMICAL LTD.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Clearance Test
- Blood Tests
- Urine Tests
- Dilution & Concentration Tests,
By End Use
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Laboratories and Institutes
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Danaher Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Randox Laboratories Limited
- Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated
- Laboratory Corporation of America holdings
- Sysmex Corporation
- ACON Laboratories, Inc.
- Nova Biomedical Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Kidney Function Tests Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of the kidney function tests market by 2027?
The global kidney function tests market size is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the kidney function tests market?
The increasing number of chronic diseases across the world are driving the market in coming years, however, huge process of diagnostic procedures have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the kidney function tests market?
Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens AG, Randox Laboratories Limited, Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated, Laboratory Corporation of America holdings, Sysmex Corporation, ACON Laboratories, Inc., and Nova Biomedical Corporation.
At what CAGR is the kidney function tests market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the kidney function tests market is 7.6% from 2021 to 2027.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the kidney function tests market in 2020?
The hospitals segment gained the maximum revenue share in 2020 and would remain the leading revenue generating segment even during the forecast years.
Which region dominated the kidney function tests market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the global kidney function tests Market in Region 2020.