Global Inkjet Printers Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Technology, By End User (Industrial, Education, Textile, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Others), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Inkjet Printers Market
Market Report Description
The Global Inkjet Printers Market size is expected to reach $45.6 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 4.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
Inkjet printers are non-contact printers that reproduce digital images by propelling ink droplets via nozzles on paper or plastic surfaces. Ionized ink is sprayed onto the paper using inkjet technology, which is guided by magnetic plates. Advertisement, textile, education, packaging, and pharmaceuticals are just a few of the industries that use these printers. In addition, the packaging sector is expanding rapidly around the world due to the high demand for convenience-based packaging from the e-commerce transportation and shipment, food and beverage, personal care, domestic care, and healthcare industries. As a result of this expansion, there is a huge need for inkjet printers for packaging, which is one of the primary drivers driving the market.
Inkjet printers are computer peripherals that produce high-quality images by precisely spraying tiny droplets of liquid ink onto paper. In comparison to traditional printers, these printers are compact, inexpensive, lightweight, and simple to operate. As a result, they are common in commercial printing of books, signage, billboards, T-shirts, and food labels. With the emergence of portable inkjet printers that offer a wide range of colors and print system flexibility, their applications are spreading globally.
Because inkjet printing generates demand for inks, the ink ecosystem is likely to evolve as well. Solvent, water-based, and UV-based inks are now in use. However, LED inks are ever-changing. Hybrid UV/water systems are becoming more widely available. On the other hand, high ink prices continue to be a big issue, resulting in reduced vendor conversion rates from analog to digital. Increasing applications and economies of scale are expected to cut ink prices during the forecast period. On the other hand, ink prices are expected to remain higher than in analog.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to the rising demand for food and pharmaceutical packaging, the packaging, labeling, and printing industries have remained relatively constant over the COVID-19 period. The COVID-19 outbreak, on the other hand, caused supply chain disruptions in a variety of end-user industries, including food and beverage, healthcare, and industrial. Despite the fact that the pandemic has a significant economic impact, inkjet printing companies are meeting this requirement by providing COVID-19-related printed advertisements using web-to-print technology to individuals in need. These are used to communicate all COVID-19 pandemic-related business-to-customer issues. In the instance of COVID-19, the number of coronavirus cases in Europe, particularly France, reached an all-time high, prompting the shutdown of industrial inkjet printer manufacture.
Market driving Factors:
Growing adoption of inkjet printers in advertisements
One of the fastest-growing categories of the advertising industry is point of sale (POS) and display advertising. Soft signage is a phrase used in the industry to describe cloth signage that has been digitally produced. Soft signs are often printed on polyester-based textiles and, on rare occasions, natural fibers such as cotton or a cotton blend. Because of their adaptability and use in a variety of applications, banners account for a considerable portion of advertising media. Fabric banners, vinyl banners, and mesh banners, for example, are among the materials available on the market. Digital press providers are beginning to produce digital textile printers that can handle substrates up to and above 3 meters wide as demand for printed fabrics and demanded sizes continues to rise.
Innovative product launch and high demand for inkjet printers in the textile industry
Key industry players have announced the launch of a number of new products with expanded capabilities. This aids them in bolstering their market position. In the year 2018, Brother Industries Ltd, an electronic/electrical manufacturing business, announced the MFC-J995DW and MFC-J995DW-XL, a new INKvestment series inkjet printer. In addition, MFC-J995DW inkjet printers can be used for up to a year without ink replacement, while the MFC-J995DW-XL inkjet printer may be used for up to two years without ink replacement. Furthermore, these inkjet printers show the expected remaining page counts as well as monitor ink usage, allowing them to thrive in the inkjet printer industry.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Need for regular maintenance and high cost of ink refills
Because the printheads need to be cleaned every now and then, inkjet printers require frequent maintenance. In addition, the frequency of this work is determined by how frequently a person uses the printer, but even if it is used occasionally, there is a need to clean the printheads every three months or so. As a result, utilizing an inkjet printer can be more costly, especially if there is a requirement to print a lot of papers on a regular basis. In addition, inkjet printers are also expensive to refill. A decent printer's high-quality cartridges cost almost as much as the device itself, implying that inkjet cartridges can be rather costly. Also, inkjet printers can employ a variety of ink colors, including black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. In most situations, each color will require a different cartridge.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Multifunctional, Industrial, Inkjet Press, Large Format, Desktop, Textile, and Others. The Large Format segment collected a promising revenue share of the Inkjet Printers Market in 2020. This is due to the rising demand for large format printing in the textiles, advertising, and packaging industries, as well as the growing use of UV curable inks in outdoor advertising, CAD, and technical printing applications, and the rise in usage of digital document production in commercial printing. The soaring demand for large format printers for applications like home furnishing and decor and vehicle wraps, as well as the growing demand for large format printing from the in-plant market and the availability of a variety of large format printers with a wide price range, would fuel the growth of the segment during the forecasting period.
Based on Technology, the market is segmented into Continuous Inkjet, Drop on Demand, UV Inkjet and Others. In 2020, the Continuous Ink Jet (CIJ) segment collected the maximum revenue share of the Inkjet Printers Market. This can be attributed to factors such as cheaper maintenance costs, little VOC leakage, and the ability to fill various types of inks, among others. In addition, sealable cartridge-based ink supply systems are available in technology-based printers, making replacement easier while reducing the risk of spillage. As a result, the market demand for Continuous Ink Jet (CIJ) printers is expected to increase in the future years.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Industrial, Education, Textile, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Others. The Education segment acquired a promising revenue share of the Inkjet Printers Market in 2020. This is because teachers that need a lot of image presentation handouts would benefit from the inkjet printer. Inkjet cartridges are inexpensive, refillable, and reusable, which reduces both waste and costs. This printer can also print on a variety of materials and surfaces, including picture papers, textured papers, and even some textiles. Teachers who print lesson materials, like digital photographers, benefit greatly from inkjet printers for both ease and high-resolution outcomes.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 33.5 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 45.6 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.8% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||269|
|Number of Tables||433|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, Technology, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2020, North America emerged as the dominating region in the overall Inkjet Printers Market by collecting the highest revenue share. In addition, the regional market is expected to showcase a similar kind of trend even during the forecasting period. This is because Inkjet printers are extensively utilized in the packaging sector for marking and coding purposes.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Inkjet Printers Market size to reach USD 45.6 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Inkjet Printers Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Videojet Technologies, Inc. and HP, Inc. are the forerunners in the Inkjet Printer Market. Companies such as Seiko Epson Corporation, Konica Minolta, Inc., and Canon, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Keyence Corporation, Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Canon, Inc, Konica Minolta, Inc., Seiko Epson Corporation, Brother Industries, Ltd., Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., HP, Inc., Xerox Corporation, and InkJet, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Inkjet Printers Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Aug-2021: Canon Solutions America, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., partnered with Lindenmeyr Munroe, a leading independent paper, packaging, and wide format solutions provider supporting customers nationwide with a comprehensive selection of products and services. Under this partnership, Canon's leadership in the wide-format print space, along with Lindenmeyr Munroe's deep industry knowledge and support offerings, would provide comprehensive solutions that would assist the joint print customers to manage new and current obstacles.
- Jul-2021: Canon Solutions America formed a partnership with LexJet, a division of S-One Holdings. Following the partnership, the two companies aimed to offer wide-format inkjet customers reliable equipment, service, and support solutions that assist in fulfilling new and prevailing challenges.
- Mar-2021: Konica Minolta formed a partnership with Colorjet, the largest manufacturer of digital inkjet printers in India. Following the partnership, the two companies aimed to provide a wide range of solutions to the digital textile print industry globally, with the help of the integrated technological and commercial channel expertise of both companies.
- Jan-2020: Mimaki Engineering signed an international sales agreement with OKI Data Corporation, the OKI Group’s printer company. Under this agreement, the two entities would distribute the OKI Data’s wide-format inkjet printers. Through this agreement, the two entities aimed to increase their sales alliance in Japan to capture overseas sales.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Feb-2022: Mimaki Engineering rolled out 330 Series, the large format inkjet printers. The 330 Series is based on the Mimaki Weaving Dot Technology (MWDT), a printing technology that alters the order of ink droplet placement based on the printing conditions.
- Feb-2022: Konica Minolta introduced AccurioJet KM-1e HD LED UV Inkjet Press. Through this launch, the company aimed to continue its expansion vision in packaging, commercial print, and industrial sectors.
- Feb-2022: Canon released MAXIFY GX5070 printer. The new printers are developed to fuel productivity for home and small businesses. Through this launch, the company aimed to expand its ink-jet product offerings.
- Dec-2021: HP rolled out a new HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra printer 4826 in India. Through this launch, the company aimed to bolster its range of cost-effective home printer segments.
- Nov-2021: Canon India released a new PIXMA E4570 inkjet multifunction printer. In addition, the new device is a small wireless all-in-one printer that was created with students, working professionals, and small businesses operating from home in mind.
- Oct-2021: Epson America rolled out the WorkForce ST-C4100 and ST-C2100 Supertank Color MFPs with supersized ink tanks and up to two years of ink guaranteed. The new Supertank models are an excellent choice for remote workforces as these models are integrated with high-yield ink bottles, streamlining the consumables management for IT companies.
- Sep-2021: Mimaki Engineering introduced UJF-7151 plus, a new flatbed UV inkjet printer. The new printer provides new expression with the color gloss function, high-definition printing at 1800 dpi, and the capability to automate workpiece transport with Mimaki original MDL (Mimaki Device Language) commands*1. In addition, the new printer is a superior UV inkjet printer model with higher accuracy, high image quality, and high speed, and is a further enhancement in quality and stability from the existing model.
- Sep-2021: Mimaki Engineering unveiled UJF-3042MkII e, UJF-6042MkII e, and UJF-3042MkII EX e, the compact flatbed UV inkjet printer models with the help of LED-sourced UV irradiation to cure the ink. The new models boast enhanced image quality and machine stability while keeping up the operability that was extremely acclaimed in the current models.
- Sep-2021: Canon U.S.A. rolled out the imagePROGRAF GP Series, the world's first aqueous inkjet model to add Fluorescent Pink ink. This series is based on the wide range of color gamut of any imagePROGRAF in history to effortlessly deliver vibrant, eye-catching output.
- Aug-2021: Canon India released MAXIFY GX7070 and MAXIFY GX6070 ink tank printers. Through this launch, the company aimed to fulfill high volume demands for color printing across small and mid-size offices. The new printers are integrated with water-resistant, fast printing, and flexible paper handling capabilities and are developed to integrate productivity and laser printer-like efficiency and allow users to enhance business productivity.
- Jun-2021: Brother International Corporation rolled out the MFC-J1205W all-in-one inkjet printer, the newest model in its INKvestment Tank lineup. This is the most cost-effective INKvestment Tank printer and it provides customers up to a year of ink in-box2 to achieve their objectives and feel satisfied with a printer that enables uninterrupted printing, scanning, and copying from work to school and every type of printing requirements in between.
- Jun-2021: Epson introduced D3000-A1R, S3200-A3, and I3200(8)-A1HD, the three new printheads. The new products would speed up the shift to low-waste, low environmental impact digital printing of things like textiles, packages, and decorations. In addition, they would also streamline distributed printing, enabling items to be produced locally, and on-demand printing, which implies that printers only produce what they require, when they require it.
- May-2021: Canon U.S.A. introduced ColorStream 8000 series of web-fed inkjet printers. The ColorStream 8000 series is developed to help corporate and public sector in-plants, print and communication service providers, and specialized commercial printers solve existing and future production obstacles and turn them into opportunities.
- Apr-2021: Mimaki Engineering introduced JFX600-2513 and JFX550-2513, the large flatbed UV inkjet printers. In addition, the new models support the company's original MDL command that enables users to manage the printers from their production system or peripheral devices.
- Apr-2021: Mimaki Europe released Mimaki SUJV-160 – a new inkjet printer. Through this launch, the company aimed to realistically reproduce the texture of natural and artificial leather.
- Apr-2021: Canon U.S.A. released the Canon PIXMA TS3520 Wireless All-in-One Printer and Canon PIXMA G620 Wireless MegaTank Photo Printer, the two new PIXMA printers. Each printer is loaded with capabilities that aid in the production of the high-quality prints that customers have come to expect from the PIXMA printer series.
- Mar-2021: Konica Minolta unveiled AccurioJet KM-1e digital color B2+ sheetfed LED UV inkjet production press. Through this launch, the company aimed to bolster its continued growth path within the industrial print market. Moreover, the AccurioJet KM-1e would assist customers to aim for high value-added products where high-quality production, comprehensive media compatibility, and personalization are needed.
- Feb-2021: Videojet Technologies introduced Videojet 1880 continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer. Through this launch, the company aimed to assist users proactively in reducing manufacturing downtime with the help of sophisticated, digitally enabled technology to provide superior performance.
- Feb-2021: Canon India introduced PIXMA G3060, PIXMA G3021, PIXMA G3020, PIXMA G2060, PIXMA G2021, PIXMA G2020, and PIXMA G1020, the seven new Ink Tank Printers. Through this launch, the company expanded its iconic PIXMA G Series lineup. The new PIXMA G Series printers are designed to stand out with high ink volumes and low printing costs and offer a drip-free, hands-free ink replenishing mechanism as well as a user-replaceable maintenance cartridge to provide minimal downtime and enhance productivity for homes and businesses.
- Jan-2021: Mimaki Engineering unveiled TS100-1600, a sublimation transfer inkjet printer for textile and apparel applications. Through this printer, the company would fulfill the market requirements of the textile and apparel industry. Moreover, as an entry-level model with superior performance and cost-efficiency, it can be utilized by numerous customers who are leaning toward the advent of digital printing.
- Jun-2020: Videojet Technologies unveiled Videojet 1280 Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) printer. The Videojet 1280is based on the company's reliable and innovative continuous inkjet technology, providing virtually error-proof operation and an easy-to-use printer. Moreover, the Videojet 1280 is the latest printer in the Videojet CIJ range, which developed with two key focuses, reliability and simplicity, and is easy for operators to utilize and maintain.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Inkjet Press
- Large Format
- Continuous Inkjet
- Drop on Demand
- UV Inkjet
By End User
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Keyence Corporation
- Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- Canon, Inc
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Brother Industries, Ltd.
- Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd.
- HP, Inc.
- Xerox Corporation
- InkJet, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the inkjet printers market be in the future?
The inkjet printers market size is projected to reach USD 45.6 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the inkjet printers market?
Growing adoption of inkjet printers in advertisements are driving the market in coming years, however, need for regular maintenance and high cost of ink refills limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Keyence Corporation, Videojet Technologies, Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Canon, Inc, Konica Minolta, Inc., Seiko Epson Corporation, Brother Industries, Ltd., Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., HP, Inc., Xerox Corporation, and InkJet, Inc.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global inkjet printers market?
Due to the rising demand for food and pharmaceutical packaging, the packaging, labeling, and printing industries have remained relatively constant over the COVID-19 period.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the inkjet printers market in 2020?
The Multifunctional segment acquired the maximum revenue share in the Global Inkjet Printers Market by Type in 2020, thereby, achieving a market value of $11.2 billion by 2027.
Which segment dominated the inkjet printers market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Inkjet Printers Market by Region in 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027; thereby, achieving a market value of $14.5 billion by 2027.