Global Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market By Application (Neonatal Respiratory Treatment, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and Other Applications), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market
The Global Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market size is expected to reach $915.7 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 7% CAGR during the forecast period. Nitric oxide is a molecule of gas that causes a sense of relaxation in smooth muscle cells in the vasculature. It is because Nitric Oxide reacts with oxyhemoglobin. The gas is quickly collected by oxyhemoglobin in red blood cells and the vasodilating effects caused by inhaled nitric oxide are restricted to oxygenated areas of the lungs. Thus, this distinct ability of Nitric oxide to cause pulmonary vasodilatation in the oxygenated regions of the lung helps in enhancing oxygenation of the blood and reduces intrapulmonary right to left shunting. Hence, the inhaled nitric oxide is utilized to cure various cardiopulmonary conditions, like pulmonary hypertension in adults and children. Although, the usage of inhaled nitric oxide is restricted due to logistical and financial reasons.
The rising prevalence of diseases in infants like a neonatal hypoxic respiratory failure (HRF) and persistent pulmonary hypertension is among the key driving factors of the market. Moreover, the growing number of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) also propel the market growth. Apart from this, the huge cost involved in the treatment & the stringent government policies on different applications of the gas are restricting the growth of Inhaled Nitric Oxide market. However, the constant R&D activities for discovering various new applications in the healthcare sector are estimated to offer profitable opportunities for expanding the global inhaled nitric oxide market during the forecast period.
The declaration of WHO about the Covid-19 outbreak as a public health emergency has affected every country around the globe. During the pandemic, nitric oxide got under several experiments to test whether it can help in treating Covid-19 affected people, due to its antiviral properties and enhanced oxygenation. Inhaled Nitric Oxide is useful in safeguarding the frontline healthcare workers from this pandemic.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Neonatal Respiratory Treatment, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and Other Applications. Neonatal respiratory treatment segment procured the substantial revenue share and is estimated to exhibit high growth rate during the forecast period. This is due a surge in the occurrences of diseases in the newborn like persistent pulmonary hypertension, and neonatal hypoxic respiratory failure (HRF). The chronic obstructive pulmonary disease segment would display promising growth rate during the forecast period.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 581.5 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 915.7 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||123|
|Number of Tables||180|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market to reach a market size of $915.7 million by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the global inhaled nitric oxide market in 2019. The high growth of the regional market is due to the large consumer base & rising funding in R&D by the leading players. Major determinants such as surge in rates of chronic diseases in the newborn like persistent pulmonary hypertension, and neonatal hypoxic respiratory failure (HRF) are expected to support the market growth.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Getinge AB, Merck Group, Halma PLC, Linde PLC (Praxair, Inc.), Air Liquide S.A., Beyond Air, Inc., Mallinckrodt PLC (International Minerals and Chemical Corporation), VERO Biotech LLC, Nu-Med Plus, Inc. and Novoteris, LLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market
- Dec-2020: Beyond Air introduced a pilot clinical trial analyzing its investigational therapy LungFit GO. It is an inhaled nitric oxide, which can be self-administrated at home, in adults with or without cystic fibrosis (CF) those who have chronic, treatment-resistant lung infections caused by non-tuberculosis mycobacteria (NTM).
- Nov-2020: Mallinckrodt announced the beginning of a retrospective chart review study, under the title "Nitric Oxide Treatment In COVID-19 Evaluation (NOTICE)" to accumulate real-world data on the usage of INOmax (nitric oxide) gas, for inhalation therapy in patients with respiratory complications related to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
- Nov-2020: Beyond Air submitted its premarket approval (PMA) application for its LungFit PH to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). LungFit PH helps in curing persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN). FDA guidelines permitted for a 180-day review period for a PMA. LungFit PH produces nitric oxide from ambient air and transmits it to a ventilator making it a safer and more convenient environment for patients and medical staff.
- Oct-2020: Beyond Air announced the beginning of a clinical study of the LungFit system. This system is used for assessment of the safety and efficacy of high concentration inhaled NO given at particular intervals to the hospitalized adults with acute viral pneumonia, including SARS-CoV-2.
- May-2020: Mallinckrodt joined hands with Massachusetts General Hospital. In this collaboration, the companies aimed to analyze the potential advantages of inhaled nitric oxide as a treatment for pulmonary complications in COVID-19 patients. The collaboration also evaluates the benefits of INOmax (nitric oxide) gas in mechanically ventilated patients who have serious Acute Respiratory Syndrome caused by COVID-19.
- Apr-2020: Mallinckrodt and Novoteris got approval by Health Canada for initiating a pilot study of an inhaled formulation of nitric oxide (NO) as a possible treatment for coronavirus. This study was carried out at Vancouver Coastal Health Authority facilities. It has tested a high-concentration form of NO called Thiolanox in development by the companies, delivered by utilizing a specialized Novoteris delivery device.
- Apr-2020: Beyond Air got a clean chit by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for initiating a clinical study in the U.S. using the LungFit TM system to cure COVID-19 patients. Applications for funding were incomplete with the Biomedical Advance Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Mar-2020: Beyond Air received an approval from Health Canada to use LungFit system for study in hospitalized patients infected with COVID-19 caused by the serious acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Dec-2019: VERO Biotech received an approval of GENOSYL (nitric oxide) gas, for inhalation by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). GENOSYL is contraindicated in the process of treating the neonates dependent on right-to-left shunting of blood.
- Jun-2017: Novoteris announced that the US Food and Drug Administration and the Therapeutic Products Directorate of Health Canada have given them a clean chit on its Phase 2 clinical trial application. The company has further initiated recruiting subjects into its Phase 2 trial that used inhaled nitric oxide for the treatment of Cystic Fibrosis (CF).
- Feb-2017: Nu-Med Plus signed a stock agreement with Smith Corporate Services, a professional project management and contact center management consulting firm. The agreement enabled company to continue to move forward by redefining the INO arena and move further on the path to fill for regulatory approval of their products which included their proprietary conversion technology.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Neonatal Respiratory Treatment
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Getinge AB
- Merck Group
- Halma PLC
- Linde PLC (Praxair, Inc.)
- Air Liquide S.A.
- Beyond Air, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt PLC (International Minerals and Chemical Corporation)
- VERO Biotech LLC
- Nu-Med Plus, Inc.
- Novoteris, LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of inhaled nitric oxide market by 2026?
The global inhaled nitric oxide market size is expected to reach $915.7 million by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive inhaled nitric oxide market trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is increasing cases of congenital heart disease.
Which segment dominated the inhaled nitric oxide market in 2019?
The Neonatal Respiratory Treatment market dominated the Global Inhaled Nitric Oxide Market by Application in 2019.
Which region dominated the inhaled nitric oxide market in 2019?
The North America market dominated the Global inhaled nitric oxide Market by Region in 2019.
Who are the leading players in inhaled nitric oxide market?
Getinge AB, Merck Group, Halma PLC, Linde PLC (Praxair, Inc.), Air Liquide S.A., Beyond Air, Inc., Mallinckrodt PLC (International Minerals and Chemical Corporation), VERO Biotech LLC, Nu-Med Plus, Inc. and Novoteris, LLC.